Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

How Can I Used BBM On Wifi - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Used BBM On Wifi (15491 Views)

Help... I Can't Install BBM On My Techno M3 / BBM on iPhone and related issues / BBM On Android And Related Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by Nobody: 9:54am On May 20, 2012
Pls, Is it possible to ping with BBM over wifi without having Bis data plan.
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by Lexusgs430: 10:16am On May 20, 2012
stunt89: Pls, Is it possible to ping with BBM over wifi without having Bis data plan.

Not a chance in hell.
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by Nobody: 11:33am On May 20, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Not a chance in hell.

Reason
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by coogar: 4:17pm On May 21, 2012
stunt89: Pls, Is it possible to ping with BBM over wifi without having Bis data plan.

it's very possible. it's what i do when i am @ home!
wifi is loads faster than 3G...i have even been told
some network carriers in america are already doing
wifi-calling from their devices.
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by Lexusgs430: 5:41pm On May 21, 2012
coogar:

it's very possible. it's what i do when i am @ home!
wifi is loads faster than 3G...i have even been told
some network carriers in america are already doing
wifi-calling from their devices.

The body of the question is using BBM without actually have an active BIS subscription
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by coogar: 5:59pm On May 21, 2012
Lexusgs430:

The body of the question is using BBM without actually have an active BIS subscription

yes, you can use the bbm without bis.....bis = blackberry's internet service fuelled
by 3G. with a high speed wifi, the internet service is not needed until he leaves his house
where the wireless router is installed.
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by Lexusgs430: 8:42pm On May 21, 2012
coogar:

yes, you can use the bbm without bis.....bis = blackberry's internet service fuelled
by 3G. with a high speed wifi, the internet service is not needed until he leaves his house

I completely disagree with you.
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by TCD: 5:31pm On May 22, 2012
coogar:

Remove your BIS active SIM card and see whether you can BBM. Why you can BBM with wifi is because your sim still has an active subscription. Let that subscription expire then tell me which winch you want use BBM without paying BIS. Or better still remove the sim and put another sim
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by coogar: 5:44pm On May 22, 2012
TCD: Remove your BIS active SIM card and see whether you can BBM. Why you can BBM with wifi is because your sim still has an active subscription. Let that subscription expire then tell me which winch you want use BBM without paying BIS. Or better still remove the sim and put another sim

i turned my radio off, i could still use the bbm....
there was a time i was disconnected for arrears, couldn't
make calls or send texts, i couldn't even receive calls but
i was still able to use the bbm!
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by Lexusgs430: 11:00pm On May 22, 2012
@ King TCD, no point arguing a lost course. You know that I know that you know!!
Leave coogar to be arguing blindly !!
NB: One of the things I have been able to do without an active BIS SUBSCRIPTION and no sim card @ all in the sim slot, is update the firmware on blackberry devices with OS7, by turning on the wifi on the blackberry device, and updating via a wifi connection, it authenticates with RIM's servers.
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 22, 2012
After some research I made.........what I notice was you can use bbm with wifi while you turn off your mobile network.........mean while you still got to have an active bis plan for you to do this. Once you removed the active bis sim, you can't used the bbm with wifi.it will only work for browser and facebook application.
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by moshoodn(m): 9:17pm On May 23, 2012
Lexusgs430:

I completely disagree with you.
Do not disagree bro.......... anything is possibe.
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by texazzpete(m): 9:23pm On May 23, 2012
coogar:

i turned my radio off, i could still use the bbm....
there was a time i was disconnected for arrears, couldn't
make calls or send texts, i couldn't even receive calls but
i was still able to use the bbm!

You cannot use BBM over wifi without an active BIS subscription.

I used my BBM over wifi outside Nigeria earlier this year for 2 weeks, no issue. In that period, my mobile network was switched off. As soon as my BIS period expired back in Naija, the BBM over wifi stopped working. I had to call someone in Nigeria to buy me credit. After reloading and resubscribing, BBM came back over Wifi.

Bottom line? You NEED an active BIS subscription

1 Like

Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by Lexusgs430: 9:21am On May 24, 2012
moshoodn: Do not disagree bro.......... anything is possibe.

I agree that anything is possible, but in this issue @ hand, WITHOUT AN ACTIVE BIS SUBSCRIPTION YOU CANNOT USE BBM OVER WIFI!!!
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by rockafela(m): 12:26pm On May 24, 2012
HERE AND LIVE IN NAIJA I USE MY MULTINLINKS MODEM ON MY LAPTOP SHARED IT OVER WIFI AND I USED BBM WELL NO STRESS..ITS FASTER ESPECIALLY EVERY EVEN WHEN NETWORK IS ALWAYS CONGESTED
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by Gsmxpert(m): 5:12pm On May 24, 2012
BBM VIA WIFI IS NOT POSSIBLE EXCEPT YOUR OPERTAOR SENDS PERMANENT AUTHENTIFICATION KEY
ON BIS ACTIVATION. WHENEVER YOU TURN YOUR RADIO ON AND OFF A NEW KEY IS GENERATED FOR A
NEW SESSION ON YOUR OPERATOR'S SERVER. BBM WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE OVER WIFI EXCEPT YOUR SIM CARD
OPERATOR SENDS A PERMANENT AUTH. KEY ON SERVICEBOOK INSTALLATION.
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by engrhamid(m): 5:54pm On May 24, 2012
Hmmm
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by akinnex(m): 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
I have followed this post for a while.i give thanks to all the gurus in the house today i am happy to tell you that you can use your bbm over the wifi network...
for those that cant use theirs there is a file that is not enabled due to os upgrade the file will be missing in the wifi diagnostic tool the file is UMA wifi... once that is active you are good to go.....
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by zugoboss(m): 6:18pm On Jun 12, 2013
Used wifi fully today
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by akinnex(m): 3:01pm On Jun 13, 2013
zugoboss thats because you have that file loaded in you device..... alot of others bb users wont be able to us their bbm on wifi however their browsers alone will work
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 15, 2013
akinnex: zugoboss thats because you have that file loaded in you device..... alot of others bb users wont be able to us their bbm on wifi however their browsers alone will work

How can I turn the file on?
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by akinnex(m): 7:44pm On Jun 15, 2013
From my findings some operators blocks that service,I think is for selfish reason... This is common to those with branded fones.......... But if ur fone is not branded you might need to upgrade ur Os to d one that surpurts d features. Os6 ver 6.0.0.1 (448) surports wifi.. Others like (3019)and 1395 and 2534 doest surport it
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2013
Am on OS 7.1
Re: How Can I Used BBM On Wifi by kingadex(m): 6:51am On Sep 23, 2013
Waooo, kudos 2 u guys

(1) (Reply)

5G License Auction: MTN, Mafab Communications Win Slots For $273m / Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products / Tecno Phantom 7 : Key Specifications Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.