Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:35 PM

Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) (9666 Views)

Poll: Who should be crowned African Footballer of the Year?

Didier Drogba: 79% (149 votes)
Yaya Toure: 20% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by timbros(m): 3:33pm On May 20, 2012
Drogba lifted the FA cup and Champions League, Yaya Toure lifted the English Premier League.
Drogba scored in the semi-final and final of both trophies he lifted, Yaya Toure scored crucial goals in the premiership run in...
In short, both players were instrumental in their clubs lifting those trophies.
This got me thinking, WHO SHOULD BE CROWNED AFRICAN FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR?
Please comment and vote...

1 Like

Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by timbros(m): 9:42am On May 21, 2012
Waiting for ur comments guys...
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 22, 2012
My husband Drogba offcourse. kiss
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by miteolu(m): 1:52pm On May 22, 2012
CAF and their politics can pull both off.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by bcomputer101: 1:52pm On May 22, 2012
A heavy question dat also boda me................
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by 4ward(m): 1:54pm On May 22, 2012
U cant Compare my homeboy OluDrogba with Toure Fine they both perform toward d Success of their various Club but Olu-AdeDrogba will definitely pick d Ticket .Reason 1............
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 22, 2012
who is drogba and yaya toure? undecided
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by BlackBaron: 1:54pm On May 22, 2012
Drogba!

Talk about 9 crucial goals in 9 finals. Always stands up to be counted

1 Like

Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 22, 2012
otooro: who is drogba and yaya toure? undecided

Ur username should be Otondo.....Google drogba and toure if u arent sensible enuf know who they are.

2 Likes

Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by eldee(m): 2:00pm On May 22, 2012
Drogba obviously and easily. . . He singlehandedly won the FA Cup and the Champion's League.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by maclatunji: 2:03pm On May 22, 2012
We are in May.

1 Like

Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by chipet(m): 2:04pm On May 22, 2012
Maybe Drogba...Ah ate Chelsea buh Drogba actually did a wonderful Job!
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Suntemi(m): 2:05pm On May 22, 2012
***Aderogba***

1 Like

Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by johnstar(m): 2:05pm On May 22, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin drogba of cus, yeye toure cnt win it undecided
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 22, 2012
Gabsreal:

Ur username should be Otondo.....Google drogba and toure if u arent sensible enuf know who they are.

uhu? undecided
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by opokonwa(m): 2:07pm On May 22, 2012
Didier Drogba
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by doublecross(m): 2:07pm On May 22, 2012
be4 anyone comments on this....a whole lot needs to be considered. first of all, God has written chelseas name on the champions league trophy..but we all know they dont deserve it at all from the way they play. they are just representing the champions but are not the champions. Yaya Toure plays Good football and deserves the title(african best). Drogba on the other hand can not play good football...i admit the fact that he scores goals but u just cant compare him to yaya toure who happens to be the engineroom of manchester city.

2 Likes

Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Korrection(m): 2:08pm On May 22, 2012
otooro: who is drogba and yaya toure? undecided

Just two naija guys that just released their first hit single in Hausa language featuring dbanj and don jazzy

5 Likes

Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by doublecross(m): 2:09pm On May 22, 2012
come to think of it, Why is mikel not included................hahahahahahhahahaha......naija for life.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Suntemi(m): 2:10pm On May 22, 2012
Gabsreal:

Are you surprise? Well, the truth is; even if you talk about God, some will still ask the same question. To be sincerely, sometimes I wonder if it is human being that actually ask this questions.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by niddamugu(m): 2:13pm On May 22, 2012
rokiatu: My husband Drogba offcourse. kiss

Is he really yours? grin grin grin grin

Drogba ofcourse! Reason: He was outstanding in both games - FA & Champions league.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by tellwisdom: 2:14pm On May 22, 2012
What is yaya and toure?? the name drogba sounds familiar,i think he won the calabar fishing festival undecided
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by ZUBY77(m): 2:18pm On May 22, 2012
sun_temi:

Are you surprise? Well, the truth is; even if you talk about God, some will still ask the same question. To be sincerely, sometimes I wonder if it is human being that actually ask this questions.

..and your moronic sense told you that everybody must know Drogba and Toure because Football is Rice and Water.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Korrection(m): 2:19pm On May 22, 2012
sun_temi:

Guy make we hear word abeg..na everybody know who Drogba and Toure be...You think say everybody dey watch football or sabi browse like you....I remember USA 94...some people in the same country were asked where the world cup is taking place ..to my greatest suprise they were mentioning Australia and Canada..that na America oh wey no every..so stop abusing people cos they asked questions....no offense just observation....
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by chelseabmw(m): 2:19pm On May 22, 2012
KING DROGBA
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by dabrake(m): 2:19pm On May 22, 2012
drogba should rather be world best. african best sef too small. afterall, he won fa cup and ucl(fifa's requirement). ronaldo and messi should have no stake there
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by babyboy3(m): 2:20pm On May 22, 2012
As a Chelsea fan Yaya Toure deserves the award, you would ask the question, where was Drogba from August to January?
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Korrection(m): 2:20pm On May 22, 2012
ZUBY77:

..and your moronic sense told you that everybody must know Drogba and Toure because Football is Rice and Water.

GOOD ONE MY GUY
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nasri100(m): 2:20pm On May 22, 2012
Based on trophy bargains : Drogba

Based on impact on club : yaya toure
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by ZUBY77(m): 2:22pm On May 22, 2012
I would give it to Yaya Toure.
I am a Man United fan and should naturally hate Mancity players more than Chelsea players but Yaya was the Engine room of Mancity throughout the season. Drogba struggled all through the season under AVB. He just managed to perform well in a bus packing three or four games. Now you cant base everything on that.

1 Like

Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nasri100(m): 2:22pm On May 22, 2012
dabrake: drogba should rather be world best. african best sef too small. afterall, he won fa cup and ucl(fifa's requirement). ronaldo and messi should have no stake there

Yeah winning the facup and ucl in ur OP is a criteria for the world best award smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kingspredict.com ROCKS - Best Free Football Prediction Website 2018 Discovered. / List Of Nigerian Footballers Who Have Died On The Field. / Messi, Mbappe, Other Nominees For Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.