Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,479 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? (109635 Views)

Know The Difference Between Brazilian And Peruvian Hair / Peruvian Hair Indian Hair Brazilian Hair Which One Is Better / Brazilian Hair: Nigerian Girls, Are You Happy? (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by runsbabe(f): 11:44pm On May 20, 2012
Recently, I put up this topic on my blog:
So today around five in the evening, I am on my bed, trying to read a novel I found on Patricia's reading table. It is one of those suspense novels and I am finding it quite interesting.There is a knock on the door. I am practically the only one in the room. Evelyn had left to visit her boyfriend in one of the male student halls some two hours ago.

"Who is it?" I ask, dropping the novel I am reading and walking towards the door.

"It is me." An unknown voice says at the other end of the door. I think this answer is stupid, but I open the door anyway. A very pretty young woman was standing at the door with a big plastic bag that said "Debenhams"

"Hi." I greet, looking at the bag she is holding in interest. I know she is one of those women who bring things to sell in the hostel but she is dressed so stylishly and can pass for a student. Her silky wavy hair falls across her face even as she tries to flick it back every now and then. Of course, the hair is not her hair. Not even a half caste woman would spot something so silky. She is dressed smartly in blue jeans trouser and red wrap around shirt.

"Hello," She greets, looking past me into the room. "I am selling nice weavon." She bats her lashes at me as if I am a man. This feels weird, but I open the door to let her in anyway. I could do for some company.

"You are alone." She notes with disappointment on her face. I smile at her.

"Yes, I am alone."

She introduces herself as Ann, I tell her that it is nice to meet her. She opens the bag and pulls out several plastic bags. She says she is selling Peruvian and Brazilian weavon. I am interested. The ultimatum Esther gave me will soon expire. Two weeks ago, she expressed her concern about my hair full of darling Yaki hair extension. Cheap, she had said, turning her nose scornfully. If you don't buy Brazilian hair in two weeks, I will not take you to the big party I told you about.

So, here I am thinking this woman couldn't have chosen a more opportune moment to visit my room. There is no way I want to miss the party Esther is talking about. According to her, girls collect as much as one hundred thousand for just attending such parties. She said, it is a governor's party. So I must prepare. I collect the wraps of plastic from the seller and open them. She collects them back with a smile and tells me not to mix them.

"Some are Peruvian," She says, separating the plastic wraps and lining them on my bed where we sat. "Some are Brazilian."

Soon I am opening the plastic bags and pulling out unbelievably soft hair. I bunch the hair in my hand. I think is too small. I tell her this. She smiles at me and tells me that this is normal as the hair is light. I ask what type of weavon I am holding and she says it is Peruvian and so I take note. I move to the other bags and repeat the exercise. Now these ones are Brazilian. I can't tell any difference between the two types of weaves. Just as I am wondering about this, Evelyn walks into the room. She greets Ann the weavon seller and immediately pounces on the weaves lying on my bed.

"I think Peruvian is better than Brazilian." She says almost immediately, throwing down the weave in her hand and picking up another. Now that is my room mate for you. Tact is not something she understands. I smile at the seller in embarrassment. She looks at Evelyn's head and seems to appreciate her hair style. Well, Evelyn does know a thing or two about these weaves. In fact she has one on her head. "I wear Peruvian." She confirms, running her hand down her hair.

The seller seems interested in what Evelyn has to say. "Why do you say so?"

"Brazilian is too silky," Evelyn tells her with flourish. "Looks too fake and then dries out more than Peruvian or Indian weaves."

I look on, getting interested.

"Peruvian weave on is more natural and fits black people better."

The seller doesn't agree. So a Brazilian - Peruvian war starts millions of miles away from the countries concerned. Evelyn and the seller argue for twenty minutes. Evelyn is Peruvian and Ann the weave on seller is Brazilian. When I get tired of the arguing, I tap Ann the weave on seller and ask her..

"How much is your Peruvian weave on?"

"Twenty five thousand." She declares with a solemn look, almost as if the words are too heavy to pronounce. Twenty five thousand Naira? I think to myself in horror. I manage to slip out of the room with an excuse of visiting the toilet. Evelyn and Ann are too busy to pay me any attention. I don't go back to the room till an hour later. Emmm....I know what you are thinking. Yes,, Peruvian weave on is expensive for me. I will stick with Darling Yaki for now. Maybe after the governors' party. Who knows. Time to leave the cafe now. See you tomorrow.
Source: Peruvian Vs Brazilian Weaves(www.runsbabe.com)

So dear NLanders, what do you think? Is Brazilian hair better than Peruvian hair? I know I ran away from the seller when I heard the price but I am seriously considering getting any of the two. Please help. I look forward to your responses.
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by freecocoa(f): 12:04am On May 21, 2012
Seriously?

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by nairamobile: 12:05am On May 21, 2012
Brazilian gals are hot, maybe brazilian will be better, lol grin
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by moHot(f): 12:10am On May 21, 2012
And this is on the front page?? **OH NO! NO HOPE AGAIN
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by amosy007: 12:11am On May 21, 2012
So how much is peruvian again? sad

Damn i hope my Gf aint reading dis

i cant go bankrupt for u people

.. Haba
when are we going to have brazilians and peruvians fixing naija hair self sad

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Korrection(m): 12:13am On May 21, 2012
moHot: And this is on the front page?? **OH NO! NO HOPE AGAIN

O BOY YOU WAN FINISH ME WITH LAFFF
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by ektbear: 12:23am On May 21, 2012
Natural African Hair is the best of all

2 Likes

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by SisiKill1: 12:30am On May 21, 2012
Oy veh!

It's going to hell in a hand basket y'all, it's all going to hell. cry cry
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Ibangap(m): 12:34am On May 21, 2012
And why is dis on d homepage?... Mtcheeeeew. Mods i hail una o.
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by amosy007: 12:39am On May 21, 2012
moHot: And this is on the front page?? **OH NO! NO HOPE AGAIN

yes they av seing the satelite pictures.. ALL HOPES ARE GONE
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by ak47mann(m): 12:43am On May 21, 2012
Peruvian is way more better than Brazilian hair is straighter than Brazilian hair and more expensive cool cool cool
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:46am On May 21, 2012
Ibanga p: And why is dis on d homepage?... Mtcheeeeew. Mods i hail una o.

You know weda mods wan fix weavon, so they are trying to know which one to choose?
Pls leave them alone. grin grin grin
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by komek(m): 12:50am On May 21, 2012
Hw is this nonsense going τ̅☺ help †ђξ situation of this country. NL sef
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by dasparrow: 12:52am On May 21, 2012
ekt_bear: Natural African Hair is the best of all

Well said! How many racial groups out there wear African hair weave on?
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by youngwiz(m): 12:54am On May 21, 2012
There is no topic that cannot reach frontpage. Next maybe "Shiitting in the bush or toilet, which is better" and it will get to frontpage...nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by lacasa: 1:01am On May 21, 2012
Nigerian girls nawa ☺º°˚˚°ºoo

Na hair wey dem sabi pass.

if exam time come na to bleep lecturer

Olodo oshi
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by muchbeauty(f): 1:13am On May 21, 2012
peruvian hair dear
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by amosy007: 1:14am On May 21, 2012
youngwiz: There is no topic that cannot reach frontpage. Next maybe "Shiitting in the bush or toilet, which is better" and it will get to frontpage...nonsense
nice topic u brought man
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by ITbomb(m): 1:24am On May 21, 2012
Something I've notice about girls, don't ever let them get bore, that's where bad boys carry first.
In this situation , if your products stay too long , it become too common and bore,
Solution: repackage it, give it a new name and make it more expensive after all no be their money dem dey take buy [ at least most of them]
What's the difference between brazilian and peruvian , the cost
What's the difference between BB4 or 5 and porche , the cost,
Obviously their Fishbrain can't see that the inside is the same , as long as they are not using what others are using

5 Likes

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by MissEZ(f): 1:41am On May 21, 2012
Your God given hair. Get a perm or flat iron it or wear it natural if you want. smiley grin

i honestly dont know how we got to the point where we spend such huge amounts of money on inconsequential things. What happened to buying 500 naira attachment and braiding your hair or doing ghana weaving. Are there no more affordable weave-on that can achieve the same result that you get with Brazilian hair or peruvian hair? I have seen some babes wear these so called expensive hair and it does not look nice or expensive at all. I really do not know much about these hair cos i dont fix weave-on's. I would rather braid my hair or do some nice ghana weaving, and that does not break the bank in any way and i still look awesome.

Low maintenance is a virtue...lol...

Disclaimer: na una get una money o, do what you want with it

10 Likes

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:44am On May 21, 2012
Your own hair is best. Better quality, plus it's free.
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:54am On May 21, 2012
Personally, I consider weave-on too elaborate whether Brazilian or Somalian and detest them all.. If you want your hair to look sleek relax it wella then you can style and dye to your taste rather than carrying over-sized hair. That shiitt makes girls' heads look BIG. Girls una dey vess me ehn angry angry angry but how we go do na? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:21am On May 21, 2012
Ladies and this brazillian hair craze. Kai..
How did we get to this point?
Smh..

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by mekaboy(m): 3:44am On May 21, 2012
I WILL ALWAYS RECOMMEND JAMAICAN HAIR, ITS NATURAL, LONG, THICK AND TANGLED, BRING OUT THE CRAZE IN LADIES. grin grin grin grin
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by NwaBiafra: 4:10am On May 21, 2012
mekaboy: I WILL ALWAYS RECOMMEND JAMAICAN HAIR, ITS NATURAL, LONG, THICK AND TANGLED, BRING OUT THE CRAZE IN LADIES. grin grin grin grin

Igbo hair nco?
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by pdpiperpippen: 4:33am On May 21, 2012
Seems seun and his crew are running out of ideas, how the hell did this crap make frontpage. Mttccchheeeew!
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Decryptor(m): 5:51am On May 21, 2012
Seun, i think it's about time you call your moderators together, close Nairaland and y'all should start something more innovative like em.....sęłłińg ręćhąrgę ćąrdś

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by purpinkx(m): 5:56am On May 21, 2012
Heart Break The Complete Season 4
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Konnektions146(m): 6:01am On May 21, 2012
Miss EZ: Your God given hair. Get a perm or flat iron it or wear it natural if you want. smiley grin

i honestly dont know how we got to the point where we spend such huge amounts of money on inconsequential things. What happened to buying 500 naira attachment and braiding your hair or doing ghana weaving. Are there no more affordable weave-on that can achieve the same result that you get with Brazilian hair or peruvian hair? I have seen some babes wear these so called expensive hair and it does not look nice or expensive at all. I really do not know much about these hair cos i dont fix weave-on's. I would rather braid my hair or do some nice ghana weaving, and that does not break the bank in any way and i still look awesome.

Low maintenance is a virtue...lol...

Disclaimer: na una get una money o, do what you want with it

God bless yu.......
Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by base11(f): 6:18am On May 21, 2012
runsbabe: Recently, I put up this topic on my blog:

Source: Peruvian Vs Brazilian Weaves(www.runsbabe.com)

So dear NLanders, what do you think? Is Brazilian hair better than Peruvian hair? I know I ran away from the seller when I heard the price but I am seriously considering getting any of the two. Please help. I look forward to your responses.

@OP, do you want to know the truth? Both the brazilian and peruvian are both chinese hair processed for texture. Some suppliers might use indian hair to get any of the said origins. That's is the reason why you could not tell the difference. One supplier's peruvian hair might be silkier than the brazilian, while another supplier's would be different.
All 'em malaysian, mongolian, peruvian, brazilian etc are either indian or chinese hair. These are the only people that donate or sell their hair for money. India- donate, China-sell, with the exception of russians and some borders of asia where caucasian like hair is gotten which is rare.
But then again most africans prefer chinese hair because its most close to our hair texture. Indian is very silky and shiny even without any products on it which doesnt blend well most of the time but its oh so beautiful. Indian/chinese hair can be made to mimic the above origins. It's either they are processed to mimic the above origins or the hairs are sorted out according to their textures i.e how they look and feel i.e silky, coarse, thin, thick, shiny etc and given the names like malaysian, peruvian etc.
This all i can say for now, i'm tired of typing.

3 Likes

Re: Peruvian Hair V. Brazilian Hair: Which Is Better? by Coefficient(m): 6:28am On May 21, 2012
Absolute crap! Do guys care or distinguish between Brazilian, Peruvian or Indian hairs before asking you out? I don't think so! Dunno what's the craze with these hair thing. By the time una don wear all the hairs or weave-on of all the oyinbos, una eyes go clear. Peruvian hair ko, Somalian hair ni. Very soon una go start to dey buy pub[i][/i]c hairs too. Na only naija women dey craze for European and Asian hairs. Have you heard them tryna buy African or Nigerian hair?

N.B Mods, kindly yank this thread off the front page. Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Budget Perfumes For Men / The Beauty Of Shea Butter(ori)(kadanya) / German Man Pays £6,000 To Have His Ears Removed So His Head Looks Like A Skull

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.