Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? (18719 Views)

Poll: Given a 2nd chance, will you still marry your present spouse?

Yes: 61% (94 votes)
No: 20% (31 votes)
Hmmmm. not sure: 18% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife / 2nd Chance!!!!!!! / She was Intimate With Her Uncle. Should I Still Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Lenny5000(m): 5:28pm On May 30, 2012
ftmom: Yes, I would . . . . . He doesn't have a six pack, he's no handyman, he doesn't know how to really cook, he's no billionaire, he doesn't give audience to my bad moods and and we don't watch the same shows BUT he's the quintessential Mr Clean, he loves me and the kids without reservation, he always puts us first, he's a great provider, a talented lover, trusts me completely in everything and every way and he is my best friend. I have never wanted another and would still marry him again. We are each other's complement. Love you, Darl kiss kiss

What a woman! Bless you dear!
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Lenny5000(m): 5:35pm On May 30, 2012
Yes o! Will marry her all over again. I love her quietness! I trust her! She has a kind heart like me..lol Knowing I am into entertainment and I encounter a million and one female, she doesn't bother me or allow that bothers her cause she takes my "WORD" for it that I wont exchange her for a million Beyonce and Janet Jackson.. above all she gave me the cutest kid in the Planet, Zion! He is a shining light that burns in our lives.... Yes o! I will marry her all over again.
Nice thread by the way. Bless
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by wizb: 11:43am On Jun 05, 2012
Yes o! in fact over and over again.
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Busybody2(f): 4:51pm On Jun 05, 2012
Yes I will over and over and over and over again. What is there not to love. He is intelligent, tall, brooding, reserved, mature, dark, deep, has a good sene of humour, caring, loving, handsome but only cos I take eye go market oh nothing to do with his good genes at all at all, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera cheesy

But I bet if asked if he feels the same way about lil modest Godfearing angelic me, he will carry his shoes on his head and run a mile cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by taryour(f): 7:20pm On Jun 05, 2012
Busy_body: Yes I will over and over and over and over again. What is there not to love. He is intelligent, tall, brooding, reserved, mature, dark, deep, has a good sene of humour, caring, loving, handsome but only cos I take eye go market oh nothing to do with his good genes at all at all, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera cheesy

But I bet if asked if he feels the same way about lil modest Godfearing angelic me, he will carry his shoes on his head and run a mile cheesy grin cheesy

ha ha BB, na so u bad reach
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Busybody2(f): 7:43pm On Jun 05, 2012
taryour:

ha ha BB, na so u bad reach

Err. . .gulps. . . Aunty mi. . . erm. . .let us just thank God for God and His unrelenting love for us His creation - I am now a new creature in Christ, old things have passed away/are passing away and all things have become new/are being renewed. . . And now I understand the "special patience and gift of the spirit" God has bestowed on people like you to make sure not only you, but your Hubby and children make Heaven too.
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by agiboma(f): 8:24pm On Jun 05, 2012
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by taryour(f): 8:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
Busy_body:

Err. . .gulps. . . Aunty mi. . . erm. . .let us just thank God for God and His unrelenting love for us His creation - I am now a new creature in Christ, old things have passed away/are passing away and all things have become new/are being renewed. . . And now I understand the "special patience and gift of the spirit" God has bestowed on people like you to make sure not only you, but your Hubby and children make Heaven too.

my dear God bless u and ur home,May God continue to give u d grace to keep ur home and be a VIRTOUS WOMAN in ur home and ur environment. And may u and i reap d fruits of our labour over our children and husbands IJN,, AMEN..
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Busybody2(f): 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2012
taryour:

my dear God bless u and ur home,May God continue to give u d grace to keep ur home and be a VIRTOUS WOMAN in ur home and ur environment. And may u and i reap d fruits of our labour over our children and husbands IJN,, AMEN..

Amen, amen, amen IJN. Thanks for the heads up. May your fountain of unconventional wisdom never run dry IJN.

agiboma: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

grin Agy, that was his past. You are in this already so you are his future. The manuscript is in your hands. His salvation rests upon you as long as you are man and wife. Asides from the longsuffering ish, are you aware that Christians are not supposed to rely on or utilise the world's Court system, but instead seek the Elders in Church to mediate on such affairs, just as the Muslims have their Sharia Courts, etc too shocked And your guess about what these Elder's judgemet would be is as good as mine.
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 4:03am On Jun 06, 2012
Busy_body: Yes I will over and over and over and over again. What is there not to love. He is intelligent, tall, brooding, reserved, mature, dark, deep, has a good sene of humour, caring, loving, handsome but only cos I take eye go market oh nothing to do with his good genes at all at all, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera cheesy

Awwwwwww now that is what I love to hear grin grin grin

I dey follow follow you sha tongue

@Post

Of course I will. tongue
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by agiboma(f): 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2012
Busy_body:

Amen, amen, amen IJN. Thanks for the heads up. May your fountain of unconventional wisdom never run dry IJN.

grin Agy, that was his past. You are in this already so you are his future. The manuscript is in your hands. His salvation rests upon you as long as you are man and wife. Asides from the longsuffering ish, are you aware that Christians are not supposed to rely on or utilise the world's Court system, but instead seek the Elders in Church to mediate on such affairs, just as the Muslims have their Sharia Courts, etc too shocked And your guess about what these Elder's judgemet would be is as good as mine.

BB you are right as usually, i was only being my usually naughty self. grin grin grin
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Busybody2(f): 10:36am On Jun 07, 2012
agiboma:

BB you are right as usually, i was only being my usually naughty self. grin grin grin

Phew, you nearly got me there, I will spare you the naughty steps this time, lol cheesy
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by justsmile(f): 12:40pm On Jun 08, 2012
TechRev: I WILL. i will marry her, marry her, marry her, over and over and over and over and over till eternity. I agree i dont love her as i do one of my former girlfriend. But I cant imagine marrying any other woman than my wife should i do it again a million times. I will marry her over and over she is the other half i always wanted.

in as much as i applaud ur sincerity of loving ur Ex more than ur wife, but don't ur think that shouldn't be so?! just asking o!
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by ronkebp(f): 3:14pm On Jun 08, 2012
justsmile:

in as much as i applaud ur sincerity of loving ur Ex more than ur wife, but don't ur think that shouldn't be so?! just asking o!

People and everyone have the ability to truely love one person and one alone, if the person you married is the one you truely fell for then you are in luck.....you can't have butterfly feelings for everyone.....and that is just my opinion. smiley
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by matriach: 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2012
I am not sure! I have thought about it several times and with what i know now I cant say.I am reasonably happy in my marriage and have no plans of it ever breaking up so dont get me wrong.But there are definitely somecharacteristics that he has that i would rather not have had to face. The major one being his attitude to money, he works hard but is always in debt. No savings, no investments nothing to show. Luckily I work and earn a decent salary and most of all I save. Unfortunately now I have to hide my savings from him cos he has borrowed from me soo many times and never repayed. The last straw was when I fell ill and my parents had to foot my hospital bill cos I had emptied my account for him and he had no money.
He has his good points but this particular bad one makes me wonder if I would do it all over again. As for now, i have laid my bed so I am making it as comfortable as possible so I can lie in it.
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by taryour(f): 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2012
matriach: I am not sure! I have thought about it several times and with what i know now I cant say.I am reasonably happy in my marriage and have no plans of it ever breaking up so dont get me wrong.But there are definitely somecharacteristics that he has that i would rather not have had to face. The major one being his attitude to money, he works hard but is always in debt. No savings, no investments nothing to show. Luckily I work and earn a decent salary and most of all I save. Unfortunately now I have to hide my savings from him cos he has borrowed from me soo many times and never repayed. The last straw was when I fell ill and my parents had to foot my hospital bill cos I had emptied my account for him and he had no money.
He has his good points but this particular bad one makes me wonder if I would do it all over again. As for now, i have laid my bed so I am making it as comfortable as possible so I can lie in it.

my dear i realy feel for u, my little advice is dat u can help ur husband save hismoney.

1st sit wit him n tok abt it, once he gets his salary,let him give u at least 20% of it,keep it in a new bank acct preferably a fixed deposit were he wunt gain much acess in his name to erase all doubt.

2nd do 95% of all d buyings dat he needs,up to his undies.
My dear am sure u know how to put dis discussion with ur hubby down so he dosnt feel u are being rude or prying too much.
I do not suport a joint accout but i tink u both will need it,cos no one can get acess to d mony axcept d oda party signs.
I hope my little advice would make a change... Goodluck
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by adaphic: 10:04am On Jan 11, 2013
*deep breathe*
Well, with sm of the experiences here, I can say I'm glad I'm not married yet. Its a pointer that i should be very very careful, so I don't make a disaster of my peaceful life.

Sadly, I'm in a r/ship with a man who wants to marry me by all means, but I don't believe he deserves me.
Infact, to cut d long story short, he's a TYRANT, OVERBEARING, TOO INSECURED, AGGRESSIVE, HOT-TEMPERED n more.

I pray that God wld have mercy on me n deliver frm such a doom n lead me to a man that deserves me. So that in future I can be amongst those bragging abt their spouses, IJN. Amen. This, I also pray for all odas in my shoe.
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Bokoharam: 3:23am On Jan 12, 2013
taryour: Yes yes yes and yes. I would marry him allover again and again if given d 3rd,4th,5th till forever.... We simply just cant leave without eachoder. Still loving each other like we just meet. He is d best man ever created by God,d best hubby,father and friend. He is unique and he is my WORLDSGREATEST....

Sisi_Kill: WARNING - IF YOU ARE GOING TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION HONESTLY, MAKE SURE YOUR SPOUSE DOES NOT. . .I REPEAT DOES NOT KNOW YOUR NL USERNAME.

You are now free to open Pandora's box.

Thank you!!

Lol. He sure knows mine and will post his soon...

For sure, all these men and women singing this sycophantic lullaby do so bc their spouses know their ID and are watching them comment. What a world of hypocrisy we live in.
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by sunnshyn(f): 5:16pm On Jan 12, 2013
adaphic: e.

Sadly, I'm in a r/ship with a man who wants to marry me by all means, but I don't believe he deserves me.
Infact, to cut d long story short, he's a TYRANT, OVERBEARING, TOO INSECURED, AGGRESSIVE, HOT-TEMPERED n more.

I TOTAlLY feel you. Once had a bf like that, wanting to marry me at all cost too, he is the exact of what u described above...I called him up one day, sat him and pointed tabled reasons why I cldnt be married to him, he continued pestering me, I went further to report him to he's folks, I guess they talked sense into him, that was it. He eventually allowed me be when I started dating someone else...Maybe you should do the same...

2 Likes

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Saipro(m): 11:03pm On Jan 13, 2013
I feel somewhat of an outsider. Could it be that Nigerians in courtship no longer believe in God? Firm foundations generally make for firm structures. And good planning counts too. Asides those two, everything else is half luck.
People generally don't become bad overnight. Turning a blind (or tolerant) eye with the hope & belief that a spouse would change is what oftentimes begets the crack in the wall. For that, you can blame yourself alone. Forget "he promised me this" or "she promised me that".
Mine is a good marriage. She's neither superwife nor supermom. Nor am I. We don't kid ourselves & had reality laid on the table before setting out. Sure, things could always change but with the right mix & the right person, I see no reason why they should. After all, it is prettily said, "you don't change a winning team."

My answer, yes. Again & again. Like fine wine, we're maturing with time. And oh, you've gotta see our children.
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by adaphic: 8:19pm On Jan 20, 2013
Thanks a lot Sunnshyn....

1 Like

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by laiza(m): 7:24am On Aug 29, 2014
ftmom: Yes, I would . . . . . He doesn't have a six pack, he's no handyman, he doesn't know how to really cook, he's no billionaire, he doesn't give audience to my bad moods and and we don't watch the same shows BUT he's the quintessential Mr Clean, he loves me and the kids without reservation, he always puts us first, he's a great provider, a talented lover, trusts me completely in everything and every way and he is my best friend. I have never wanted another and would still marry him again. We are each other's complement. Love you, Darl kiss kiss
You sure you're married lady? *strains eyes*
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 29, 2014
annoymous: I saw a similar thread but it was directed at the guys only.
Given the opportunity, will u marry your present spouse all over again?

hell no.i wunt even touch him with a ten feet pole
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 29, 2014
adaphic: *deep breathe*
Well, with sm of the experiences here, I can say I'm glad I'm not married yet. Its a pointer that i should be very very careful, so I don't make a disaster of my peaceful life.

was my hubby but d height of it was violence nd battery which made me take a walk before i find myslf six feet below

Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 29, 2014
adaphic: *deep breathe*

Infact, to cut d long story short, he's a TYRANT, OVERBEARING, TOO INSECURED, AGGRESSIVE, HOT-TEMPERED

I pray that God wld have mercy on me n deliver frm such a doom n lead me to a man that deserves me. So that in future I can be amongst those bragging abt their spouses, IJN. Amen. This, I also pray for all odas in my shoe.

same was my hubby but the height of it was domestic violence which made me take a walk before i find myself six feet below
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by omotfavy(f): 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
Let people with 5yr and above xperience talk.
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by kathryn24(f): 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
Yes I would
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by smokescreen4: 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
Almost all men here said if given another chance would marry their spouses, most women say they won't this can only mean one thing.DONT ASK ME
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by omotfavy(f): 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
matriach: I am not sure! I have thought about it several times and with what i know now I cant say.I am reasonably happy in my marriage and have no plans of it ever breaking up so dont get me wrong.But there are definitely somecharacteristics that he has that i would rather not have had to face. The major one being his attitude to money, he works hard but is always in debt. No savings, no investments nothing to show. Luckily I work and earn a decent salary and most of all I save. Unfortunately now I have to hide my savings from him cos he has borrowed from me soo many times and never repayed. The last straw was when I fell ill and my parents had to foot my hospital bill cos I had emptied my account for him and he had no money.
.same here sis.I stil do wonder wat causes d financial problem
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by oluchikeh(f): 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
definitely a YES
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Omolehinme(f): 7:10am On Aug 30, 2014
NO
Re: Given A 2nd Chance, Would You Still Marry Your Spouse? by Dammiehar(f): 1:36am On Sep 01, 2014
Don't know

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Over 25% Of Tested Men In Nigeria Aren’t Biological Fathers – DNA Report / After I Invested Fortunes On Him, He Now Says I Stink' - Wife Tells Court / Married Folks: Is Oral Se.x Neccessary In A Marriage To Build Trust And Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.