Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,401 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Comparing DSTV And HiTV - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Comparing DSTV And HiTV (37416 Views)

Poll: I will rather subscribe to:

DSTV: 71% (118 votes)
HiTV: 28% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

Did CTL/Trend TV Just Win The Lawsuit Against NCC And HiTV? / 42 Fee Channels:-say Bye Bye To Monthly Subscription On Dstv,ctl,cmtv And Hitv. / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Meldrick(m): 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2007
I must give kudos to hitv and encourage them because they just came out and I sincere,y believe that in 5 years time they'll be a force to reckon with. Foreigners and Mulinationals have one basic mission and that is exploitation. They are not out to better or assist the average Nigerian. Please let's be patriotic because the average American will prefer their products to any other product in the world no matter the standard. South Africans are begginning to copy the Americans. DO NOT BAD MOUTH NIGERIA
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by tolushi(m): 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2007
-
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2007
tolushi:

The problem with naija is that we don't do proper feasibility studies and market research before starting business. HiTV should have considered DSTV as a competitor, then source for fund and human resources to give DSTV a run for their money. Not just hurrying to show just premier league and some scrap stations. I love documentaries, soccer, and talk shows, so i stay with dstv until, naija learns how to do showbizness,

Precisely! They are not a threat to dstv. In as much as i want them to succeed, they need to conduct themselves properly and do their homework.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Vickivicki(m): 4:09pm On Nov 19, 2007
We all by now shd know what it takes to run the Pay tv business,4 Dstv to show all premiership,etc then at 9k tells us dat no good thing is cheap. I doubt if Hitv will not increase their sub if you want them to improve except you are content with all the scrambled channels now showing.
Strictly,my view!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by bussyankee(m): 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2007
The story about the comparison HITV and DSTVfor sure will not die off
so soon for heaven sake how can one compare a one year old baby born
by poor parents and a ten year old born by rich parents, it is simply
impossible but just wait let them continue to grow with adequate
support from the community, the poor lad could turn out to be the
saviour of the community, for all i care DSTV is just a reckless gold-
digger milking the citizens of the country dry, if not for the competition
from HITV, no one would have heard of N2500 family stuff. with 4k you get
prem. weekly nad dont forget october was frm HITV to celebrate independence.
me i am proudly naija and i support HITV, cos i am sure they will come out
good, remeber GLOBACOM
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by omafal(m): 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2007
U are being unfair to hitv by comparing them wit DSTV. they ar not in d same league, rather group them wit FSTV,MyTV and d likes. HitV has done really well by stampin their authority in such a short time. If they could snatch such an important package (premier league) from DSTV, i'm sure they ar gonna b a force to reckon wit soonest. Who knows wat dey ar brewing up again?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Seun(m): 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2007
By comparing them with HiTV, we are acknowledging them as a serious alternative.
And that's good for them. On the long run, all publicity is good publicity. Obscurity is bad.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by timmy(m): 7:06pm On Nov 19, 2007
one thing all pro-hitv's are failing to realise is that this is 2007, where lots can happen, a child and walk without crawling, in this era, you don't start big things small. hitv focused on the english league and other stuffs dey have a really really really crap, you need to see how annoying it can get during the week. those guys shuld simply travel to the uk and usa, get losta stations and do some paper works. there are about 2 or 3 cartoon networks, dstv is showing one, den freaking get the other, there lotsa stations in uk, most of those guys just make me pay 4500 a month for more boring stations, DSTV to me still remains well and better packaged.

hinolly, himovie, hish1t, hicrap, hisilly, hinonsence,  can yu beat that, lack of creativity, even the old yagi anttena shows better channels that hisilly
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Vickivicki(m): 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2007
timmy:

one thing all pro-hitv's are failing to realise is that this is 2007, where lots can happen, a child and walk without crawling, in this era, you don't start big things small. hitv focused on the english league and other stuffs dey have a really really really crap, you need to see how annoying it can get during the week. those guys shuld simply travel to the uk and usa, get losta stations and do some paper works. there are about 2 or 3 cartoon networks, dstv is showing one, den freaking get the other, there lotsa stations in uk, most of those guys just make me pay 4500 a month for more boring stations, DSTV to me still remains well and better packaged.

hinolly, himovie, hish1t, hicrap, hisilly, hinonsence,  can yu beat that, lack of creativity, even the old yagi anttena shows better channels that hisilly

sad WETIN BROS  cry,I JUST DID A CHANNEL LISTING AND MAN YOU ARE DEAD CORRECT.
PEACE!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 8:12pm On Nov 19, 2007
@Vickivicki and @Timmy

U mean u guys view all these channels? Av been viewing Hi-No, Hi-Bad, Hi-Bad signal for over 5weeks now. And subscription dey expire ooo and some pple say make we no badmouth them. Okay, no badmouthing grin I'll give them support because dats why i wont be suing their ass again sad Av wasted valuable airtime calling their helpline with no improvement (was advise to convert to sattelitte option. Where i wan get that money). Is it really cheaper than dstv? 4k for premiership only? Don't think it's worth it. If they are that good, pple would have discarded their dstv a long time ago. angry
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Vickivicki(m): 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ ayusman
Av not been viewing hitv but i av an ample idea of their services wot i did waz to write down their list of channels on paper and i concluded 'say these people no get conscience,4k for EPL na yam?'
A beg damn them.
Hw far d guy don install your my tv.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2007
Vickivicki:

@ ayusman
Av not been viewing hitv but i av an ample idea of their services wot i did waz to write down their list of channels on paper and i concluded 'say these people no get conscience,4k for EPL na yam?'
A beg damn them.
Hw far d guy don install your my tv.

I never get time dey house make him come install but hopefully b4 Friday. Would keep u posted.

No mind ppl! dem wan exploit us them come say make we support them! These guys have every opportunity to learn before coming into the market but na lie; na fire brigade approach dem use. Imagine, dem say no turn-around time for the resolution of the Ikeja probs. Anyway, make we keep our finger crossed and hope dem improve angry
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by badaru1(m): 4:12am On Nov 20, 2007
what are you are people saying? are you people not aware of glo and other telecom operators story? mtn,vmoblie and mtel started before glo,but glo gave them a run for their money. So I see no reason why hitv should no give dstv a run for its money. One, hitv is too expensive for 4k per month,only 13 channels? The worst is that you have to an annual subscription. How many nigerians can afford 55k at once. They are Nigerians and they know our weakness.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 7:41am On Nov 20, 2007
@Badaru1

What's ur point?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by badaru1(m): 9:22am On Nov 20, 2007
4 dstv,remember, 70 channels goes for 9k,while hitv only 12 cahnnels for 4k. Also the picture quality is no comparable. Dstv u pay monthly,while hitv is yearly.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by tboy81(m): 9:48am On Nov 20, 2007
Well for now, DSTV seems to be far better than HITV in terms of programming content (even out of their 13 channels, some of their "hi" channels are so epilepctic. The only thing i'm using to 'console' myself is that its really on weekends i have time to watch TV (mainly soccer)

The "give-them-time" excuse may not work for long, cos like someone mentioned earlier, GLO started some years after MTN/Celtel, yet they were able to perform at par with their competitiors.

@badaru1
hitv also has monthly subscriptions, (the yearly subscription was optional), in fact the main reason i did not subscribe to the yearly subscription was that i sensed that with their poor programming content i may not need to watch hitv during the off-season.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 9:53am On Nov 20, 2007
I used to pay 4k monthly for my hitv before it became faulty. Am on the terrestial option!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 10:22am On Nov 20, 2007
@ayusman16

Glo never got to where they are today, i can remember when they first started it was like hell a lot of us (Nigerians) rubbished them and we never gave them a chance but here they are today doing good. And if i may ask u, do u know what it takes to do Video?audio transmission via DTT or DTH Transmission especially in this part of the world, i am sure u really do not know much abt this business so please do not crusify HITV as it is a striving company.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 10:28am On Nov 20, 2007
@ badaru1

DSTV has 70 Channels but dont they repeat?, HITV 13 Channels yet but has the capacity to air 100 Channels but what are channels without content so please be patient. And u do not pay HITV yearly its 4k monthly if u like pay for 10 years, picture quality, tell me u look the same u look 5 years ago, hell no cos u are developing/
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 10:36am On Nov 20, 2007
@Raahym

I feel where u ar trying to say but Glo didnt start by ripping us off but came in and increase the level of competition by crashing down tarrifs. HITV has ripped me off of several weeks of subscription and i swear av compiled enough evidence to sue them. But becos of trying to listen to some of the proudly naija stuff that is holding me back.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 10:39am On Nov 20, 2007
@Raahym

Guess u r their staff abi? Can u tell me when the Ikeja problem would be resolved? Pls dont runaway like other asked?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 10:42am On Nov 20, 2007
@ ayusman16

Well HITV has not come to reap you off but has come help Nigerian out of the modern slave trade by DSTV, however, i will like to let you know that the problems they have been having has been due to technical hitches and i bet u suing HITV will not solve ur problem but i will suggest u make ur complains known to them and they will fix it right away for you and if i can get things clear where do u stay and what option are u using?

My brother its good to be proudly nigeria cos i believe HITV will excel and will make us all laugh at the end its just a bit difficult getting there but they will.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 10:44am On Nov 20, 2007
@ayusman16

Why would i run away? Ikeja would be fixed shortly its just a form of sabbotage thats holding it back but if you provide our customer care with your details and request to be converted to satellite in the meantime then you will be happy till its resolved.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 10:48am On Nov 20, 2007
Bros, Av called their helpline several time with no resolution. The no or bad is what av been having for over a month now. No turn-around time, no acceptance of query, no resolution, no apology? They said i should convert to satellite (another expenses). What av u got to say and what is going to happen to my lost subscription? It this not rip off?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 10:53am On Nov 20, 2007
@ayusman16

Consider HITV converting everybody to satellite at our expenses then how much do you think the company will be left with in terms of profit? and please i wouldn't say that u have lost ur subscription but i believe the Management is working on compensating the affected customers.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 10:57am On Nov 20, 2007
Also, if not becos i want them to succeed would have sued them since last month with my evidence. But that would only contribute in making them fall. Want a coy that would really make  Proudly Naija angry I've subscribed since June (one of the first customers).

How do they plan on compensating if i convert to sat? when they can't even identify those affected.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 10:59am On Nov 20, 2007
With the 4k subscription? u mean they can't afford it? What do u think is going to happen if i report to NCC? U guys would be toast!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by folem: 11:28am On Nov 20, 2007
bussyankee:
The story about the comparison HITV and DSTVfor sure will not die off
so soon for heaven sake how can one compare a one year old baby born
by poor parents and a ten year old born by rich parents
, it is simply
impossible but just wait let them continue to grow with adequate
support from the community, the poor lad could turn out to be the
saviour of the community, for all i care DSTV is just a reckless gold-
digger milking the citizens of the country dry, if not for the competition
from HITV, no one would have heard of N2500 family stuff. with 4k you get
prem. weekly nad don't forget october was frm HITV to celebrate independence.
me i am proudly naija and i support HITV, because i am sure they will come out
good, remeber GLOBACOM

1 year old born by "Poor parents" paid up the mandatory $28 million (N3.5 billion) to put to rest speculations on the broadcast rights ownership of the Premiership for the next three seasons. The company also paid an additional 6.9 million Euros (N1.2 Billion) for the Spanish La Liga for the whole of Africa. Currently, HiTV has made the Spanish game available to local television stations in Nigeria through Optimum Sports Management International (OSMI).

HiTV should concentrate on developing Nigerian Music, Movies and Sports (Football, Basketball, Athletics, Table Tennis, Boxing) and not European football. Monkey wey no fine, the Mama must like am period.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by niyi09(m): 11:32am On Nov 20, 2007
Raahym, do you know when hi mix and hi life would be back, because out of 13 stations on sateelite, two have been out for th past 3 weeks.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 11:40am On Nov 20, 2007
Raahym don vamooose like all other HITV promoters like Urfriend (Maybe na him even change him ID to Raahym)& co! Even Damoche, my fellow gunner dey hide.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 1:00pm On Nov 20, 2007
@ayusman16

Raahym is still very much its just that i had to attend to other pressing issues @ work, i will advise you stick to HITV and pray for continuity for the company and am sure u dont want to blame urself when eventually we get to where we are aiming.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2007
@niyi09

Hi Mix and Hi life will be back shortly please bear with us and remain proudly nigerian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Download "The Woman King" In Bluray / BBNaija "Munch It Mania": Mercy And Ike, Team Merike Wins ₦2million And A Dinner / BBNaija: Khafi Replaces Gedoni With A Teddy Bear (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.