Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Is China Better Than The West - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Is China Better Than The West (1719 Views)

Is China Good Or Bad For Africa? / Is China A Threat To World Peace And Security? / Is China A Victim Of Economic Sabotage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is China Better Than The West by andrewza: 5:36pm On May 21, 2012
A lot of people have a strong distrust and dislike of the west even it seems the leaders of many African nations. I do not see the problem with this but i do see a problem with the new bed they climbing in to. It seems has though more and more African Nations are falling under china's control and here is the question. Will they be any better for us than the west?

I feel the answer is no.
They are even more racist than the west
There labor practices are worse than many African nations
they don't provide jobs since they send all there own people to any mine they open
They flood our markets with cheap products, this destroys the local economy
Many of there products are way bellow even most African states

The fact is Africa is making a bad choice by choosing China has a Partner for they wont see it has a Partnership but has a market for exploitation

1 Like

Re: Is China Better Than The West by khukhi(f): 11:49am On May 22, 2012
The Chinese first reactivated its familial links in order to import low-priced goods such cups, forks, and umbrellas to Africa
Indeed, African society had a screaming need for cheap goods in large quantities. China's manufacturing industry was truly complementary to African markets, often producing more cheaply than most African manufacturers could, and with better quality.

Cheap Chinese clothes,and cheap Chinese cars at half the price of western ones allow African customers to suddenly raise up the purchasing power.

In Africa, China may sell its own low quality or overproduced goods and inventory, a key outlet which helps maintain China's economic and social stability. Chinese shop owners in Africa are able to sell Chinese-built, Chinese-shipped goods for a profit. A negative consequence of China's low-cost consumer goods trade is that it only goes one way. China does not purchase manufactured products from Africa,

This makes them no different from the colonialists in my opinion, they're using our leaders while satisfying they're needs for they're ever growing population and destroying our economies in the process.

While cheap Chinese imports flood the local marketplace, making it difficult for local industries to compete.

How many jobs have been lost in the textile industries due to cheaper, lower quality chinese clothes.?

21600 jobs in Southern africa alone!
Re: Is China Better Than The West by khukhi(f): 11:55am On May 22, 2012
But I also have to say that chinese goods have made it possible for your man on the street to look good and afford everything the middle class can at a fraction of the price of the original and naturally the quality is always poor. I cannot imagine our markets without the chinese goods.

Even day to day shopping would increase so much. A quality jersey in an upmarket fashion store is between -300 to -600 and the chinese can sell it for like -70 making it more accessible to the masses .
Re: Is China Better Than The West by khukhi(f): 11:59am On May 22, 2012
The Chinese are manipulative or strategic... You decide look at what they did in Angola for example.

The recent Sino-Angolan association is illustrative. When a petroleum-rich area called for investment and rebuilding, China advanced a $5 billion loan to be repaid in oil. They sent Chinese technicians, fixing a large part of the electrical system, and leading a part of the reconstruction. In the short term Angola benefits from Chinese-built roads, hospitals, schools, hotels, football stadiums, shopping centers and telecommunications projects.

In turn, Angola mortgaged future oil production of a valuable, non-renewable resource. It may turn out to be a costly trade for Angola, but their needs for infrastructure is immediate and that is precisely what China provides when no one else is willing to do so. And thusly, Angola has become China's leading energy supplier

SMH undecided

1 Like

Re: Is China Better Than The West by Youhesh(m): 8:05pm On May 22, 2012
Most Africans just turn a blind eye to d bad practices of the Chinese just because of their dislike for the West. But the simple truth is, the Chinese are far worse than the west. Consider their human right record, consider their labour practise, their thriving in counterfeiting of goods and consider the limited freedom that they give to their citizens among other negativities, then you will know that the West is far more humane than the Chinese. You only need to read about Tianemen square massacre in 1989.
Re: Is China Better Than The West by pazienza(m): 3:23am On May 24, 2012
Both are the same...,none of them is better,the chinese are not more racist than the west,both are two sides of the same coin...
Re: Is China Better Than The West by redjasper1: 8:21pm On May 25, 2012
For Africa CERTAINLY.
Re: Is China Better Than The West by Kenyaphilia: 11:46am On Aug 13, 2012
China is the worst thing for Africa and they are amongst the most racist people in the world, more racist than Russians from my experience. How Africans do not see the Chinese as a serious threat still baffles me !

1 Like

Re: Is China Better Than The West by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:51am On Sep 08, 2012
^^^^it doesnt matter. the Chinese have come up through honest fair trade. they were not the ones who came up on other peoples stolen wealth. they did not enslave us or chain us up and hurled us in crowded ships. they did not destroy our culures and religions and resources. Chinese all the way. The Chinese may be shrewd but i trust them. i dont trust whites who have destroyed most of this planet.
who cares for human rights record. they are just plain strict and disciplined. at the end of the day, China is the country set on the road to becoming a nuclear-armed World Super-power, not Nigeria, not Great Britain. and the lifestyles of the average Chinese is also gradually improving. it was China who won all those countless medals in the Olympics and Paraolympics. In China, a skyscraper can be constructed in a few months if necessary.

I respect the Chinese and especially their hardworking and no-nonsense attitude. Truly! cool

2 Likes

Re: Is China Better Than The West by Rossikk(m): 3:12pm On Sep 08, 2012
pazienza: Both are the same...,none of them is better,the chinese are not more racist than the west,both are two sides of the same coin...

KPOM!!!
Re: Is China Better Than The West by Callotti: 6:36am On Sep 09, 2012
Yes!
China is better than the WEST.
The West has not shown to be in the interest of Africans in general.
Time to try a new colonial-master! kiss
Re: Is China Better Than The West by andrewza: 6:48am On Sep 09, 2012
Callotti: Yes!
China is better than the WEST.
The West has not shown to be in the interest of Africans in general.
Time to try a new colonial-master! kiss

Why do think africa needs any colonial master.

And china has dealing with other counties. They not good friends to have.
Re: Is China Better Than The West by Callotti: 6:56pm On Sep 09, 2012
andrewza:

Why do think africa needs any colonial master.

And china has dealing with other counties. They not good friends to have.
Africa will always need colonial masters. It is developmentally-challenged and can NEVER achieve "independencY".

NEVER. kiss
Re: Is China Better Than The West by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 12, 2012
I fear everything/anything China.........

China...chei......I prefer US to China....behind all their Good acts is Evil intention!!!!!
Re: Is China Better Than The West by Callotti: 4:14am On Sep 13, 2012
[b]1 Kings 12:14 >>

New International Version (©1984)
he followed the advice of the young men and said, "My father made your yoke heavy; I will make it even heavier. My father scourged you with whips; I will scourge you with scorpions."

New Living Translation (©2007)
and followed the counsel of his younger advisers. He told the people, "My father laid heavy burdens on you, but I'm going to make them even heavier! My father beat you with whips, but I will beat you with scorpions!"

English Standard Version (©2001)
he spoke to them according to the counsel of the young men, saying, “My father made your yoke heavy, but I will add to your yoke. My father disciplined you with whips, but I will discipline you with scorpions.”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
and he spoke to them according to the advice of the young men, saying, "My father made your yoke heavy, but I will add to your yoke; my father disciplined you with whips, but I will discipline you with scorpions."

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And spake to them after the counsel of the young men, saying, My father made your yoke heavy, and I will add to your yoke: my father also chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
He spoke to them as the young men advised. He said, "If my father made your burden heavy, I will add to it. If my father punished you with whips, I will punish you with scorpions."

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And spoke to them after the counsel of the young men, saying, My father made your yoke heavy, and I will add to your yoke: my father also chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

American King James Version
And spoke to them after the counsel of the young men, saying, My father made your yoke heavy, and I will add to your yoke: my father also chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

American Standard Version
and spake to them after the counsel of the young men, saying, My father made your yoke heavy, but I will add to your yoke: my father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And he spoke to them according to the counsel of the young men, saying: My father made your yoke heavy, but I will add to your yoke: my father beat you with whips, but I will beat you with scorpions.

Darby Bible Translation
and he spoke to them according to the advice of the young men, saying, My father made your yoke heavy, but I will add to your yoke: my father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

English Revised Version
and spake to them after the counsel of the young men, saying, My father made your yoke heavy, but I will add to your yoke: my father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions;

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
and spoke to them according to the counsel of the young men, saying, "My father made your yoke heavy, but I will add to your yoke. My father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions."

Young's Literal Translation
and speaketh unto them, according to the counsel of the lads, saying, 'My father made your yoke heavy, and I add to your yoke; my father chastised you with whips, and I -- I chastise you with scorpions;'

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
And spake to them after the counsel of the young men,.... And in the very language in which they gave it:

saying, my father made your yoke heavy, and I will add to your yoke; my father also chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions; see Gill on 1 Kings 12:11.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Geneva Study Bible
And spake to them after the counsel of the young men, saying, My father made your yoke heavy, and I will add to your yoke: my father also chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]

Amen!!! kiss

What a mARcifoo GOD! grin
Re: Is China Better Than The West by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 28, 2013
China is not ready to integrate Black/African in their society. undecided
Re: Is China Better Than The West by ba7man(m): 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2013
I hate Chinese goods with all my heart. The rate at which they fall apart shows that they have low standards and integrity. Don't tell me they produce quality goods for themselves, look at their Automobile industry...You buy their cars at your own risk. Foreign companies may flood there due to lower labour cost but they also go there with their Company standards. All they do is copy technology and they aren't original in their ideas. They are slave drivers and are only sucessful because of the large population of cheap-skates that purchase their products. Down with China!!!!
Re: Is China Better Than The West by nig2change: 1:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
I must commend Andrewza. I like ur response to issues concerning being South Africa but you must be objective to some issues. I feel Africa was brought into lamelight by the interest of China. Technology was made cheap and easy to transfer by the chinese unlike the west who wants conditions such as good governance, devaluation of currency, support of brentton woods policy, interference with sovereignty. As such all countries have to protect their interest. China has done for Africa than our colonial masters especially britian. But Andrewza, I think your fear is that China economic tsunami in Africa is threatening South Africa position as economic power before Nigeria takes over.
Re: Is China Better Than The West by andrewza: 1:41pm On Apr 06, 2013
nig2change: I must commend Andrewza. I like ur response to issues concerning being South Africa but you must be objective to some issues. I feel Africa was brought into lamelight by the interest of China. Technology was made cheap and easy to transfer by the chinese unlike the west who wants conditions such as good governance, devaluation of currency, support of brentton woods policy, interference with sovereignty. As such all countries have to protect their interest. China has done for Africa than our colonial masters especially britian. But Andrewza, I think your fear is that China economic tsunami in Africa is threatening South Africa position as economic power before Nigeria takes over.

I fear china will take over Africa, but we will not know before it is to late.
Re: Is China Better Than The West by TerryCarr(m): 9:40pm On Apr 10, 2013
china floods its people into africa last thing you want is a Chinatown

(1) (Reply)

Franklin Graham Defends President Trump, Slams Satan For Charlottesville Chaos / Debunking Palestinian Lies And Myths / Meet The Men Who Control Northern Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.