Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,233 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Where Did Cain Got His Wife? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Cain Got His Wife? (5962 Views)

How Did Cain Got Married To A Woman When There Are Only Just 3 People On Earth? / Where Did Cain Got His Wife From? / From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LilMizzGood(f): 5:37pm On May 21, 2012
Hi just want to know where did Cain wife came from...
because I was having a chat with a friend who is a unbeliever of God and I am a believer so he said
"tell me Sunny if you so believe that there is a God, tell me where did Cain got his wife from since there was only Adam and Eve with 3 son and 1 die" I try explaining that Cain might have marred one of his sister.He put up a good argument.

Genesis 4:1-19 said nothing of Adam and Eve having a girl child.
Genesis 5:3-5 knowing that Adam lived 800 years and have other sons and daughters.
the Bible did not state the year or time when God drive Cain away and if there is a chance that Adam had daughters many years after Cain have left the land.

So where did Cain got the wife's from?

He also asked what race coloured was Adam and Eve?
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by Goshen360(m): 6:09pm On May 21, 2012
What was your "own" answer to your friend?.....to start with
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by harakiri(m): 6:12pm On May 21, 2012
Welcome to my world. I've asked this question (as well as hundreds of other questions) time and time and time over and over and over again. Don't sweat it. The sheeple ain't got no answers for you rather they'll chide and criticize you for having the "effrontery" to challenge the bible. They will attack you rather than come forward with straight answers. They will beat about the bush till you get sick and bored of the whole charade.

Nuff said!!!
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by annajess: 6:19pm On May 21, 2012
i tink yu should ask the pple dat gave u bible. lol
just jokeing
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 21, 2012
this will be an interesting topic, hoping some1 will answer, following. I dont know grin grin
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LilMizzGood(f): 6:31pm On May 21, 2012
I told him that Cain might have taking his sister as a wife but I kept on reading and came to a point where the Bible said that he had 3 wife's which got me confuse.
Goshen360: What was your "own" answer to your friend?.....to start with
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by joe4christ(m): 6:32pm On May 21, 2012
Use your common sense bro, atleast applying them when necessary.

We all know cain and abel must have became fully grown adult before cain eventually killed his brother abel, now what made you think withen those period of time eve did'nt give birth to other female children that were'nt recorded?
Do you know at what age cain got married? I guess he must have been an hundred plus to have done that, so could'nt eve had given birth to those female children withen those period of time?
Remember Abraham married Sarah his wife being his half sister, so it was like a tradition of old.
Go figure it out yourself!
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by joe4christ(m): 6:41pm On May 21, 2012
LilMizzGood: I told him that Cain might have taking his sister as a wife but I kept on reading and came to a point where the Bible said that he had 3 wife's which got me confuse.

[size=15pt] And may i remind you also that during that generation people dont just die and are not consider old enough until they approach the age of 600-900 years?
Go check the scriptures, you would discover they still get married and even give birth at the age of 600+.
My question is what makes you think he was'nt about an hundred or about 200 years old before he murdered his brother abel, and eventually married afterward? [/size]

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LilMizzGood(f): 6:44pm On May 21, 2012
lol I know what you mean sometimes you just have to challenge the things you believe in, because you can not say you believe something when you have no knowledge of that believes. Just like when Abraham challenge God. READ Genesis 18:22-33.
harakiri: Welcome to my world. I've asked this question (as well as hundreds of other questions) time and time and time over and over and over again. Don't sweat it. The sheeple ain't got no answers for you rather they'll chide and criticize you for having the "effrontery" to challenge the bible. They will attack you rather than come forward with straight answers. They will beat about the bush till you get sick and bored of the whole charade.

Nuff said!!!
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LilMizzGood(f): 6:49pm On May 21, 2012
Because he can not be older than his own father if he was 600-900 years of age. There might be a chance that he was a young adult when God drive him away. But I do see your point just that he couldn't have been older than his father Adam.
joe4christ:

[size=15pt] And may i remind you also that during that generation people dont just die and are not consider old enough until they approach the age of 600-900 years?
Go check the scriptures, you would discover they still get married and even give birth at the age of 600+.
My question is what makes you think he was'nt about an hundred or about 200 years old before he murdered his brother abel, and eventually married afterward? [/size]
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by JeSoul(f): 6:54pm On May 21, 2012
*People need to start posting original topics/questions...*

http://carm.org/where-did-cain-get-his-wife
Where did Cain get his wife?

(Gen. 4:16-17) - "Then Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden. 17And Cain had relations with his wife and she conceived, and gave birth to Enoch; and he built a city, and called the name of the city Enoch, after the name of his son," (NASB).

We see in the Bible in Genesis 3 where Adam and Eve were cursed and sent out of the Garden of Eden. In Genesis 4, Cain kills Abel. In Genesis 4:17 above we see that Cain had relations with his wife. Where did he get his wife? The answer is simple. Cain married one of his sisters **(or niece or other female relative).

Genesis 5:4 says, "Then the days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and daughters.""‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the LORD," (Lev. 18:6). We see that Adam and Eve had many sons and daughters. The genetic lineage of Adam and Eve was perfect so marrying a sister wasn't going to cause birth defects. It wasn't until much later, during the time of Moses, that incest was forbidden as the genetic pool became less and less able to stand interbreeding.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by MyJoe: 6:56pm On May 21, 2012
LilMizzGood: a friend who is a unbeliever of God and I am a believer so he said
"tell me Sunny if you so believe that there is a God, tell me where did Cain got his wife from since there was only Adam and Eve with 3 son and 1 die"
What do we have here?! God = Bible = Adam and Cain story.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by MyJoe: 6:57pm On May 21, 2012
Double post
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LilMizzGood(f): 6:59pm On May 21, 2012
what a good point you brought up, that is what I thought at the time of our chat but he defended his point by saying that Cain left as soon God send him away. READ Genesis 5:3-6 clearly stating that after Cain left the sight of God and his family, Adam lay another boy to replace Abel called Seth after 800 years Adam had girls children with other sons as well. ok lets think of the possibility that Cain might have left at a young adult age.. now tell me where he would have gotten the wife's from?
joe4christ: Use your common sense bro, atleast applying them when necessary.

We all know cain and abel must have became fully grown adult before cain eventually killed his brother abel, now what made you think withen those period of time eve did'nt give birth to other female children that were'nt recorded?
Do you know at what age cain got married? I guess he must have been an hundred plus to have done that, so could'nt eve had given birth to those female children withen those period of time?
Remember Abraham married Sarah his wife being his half sister, so it was like a tradition of old.
Go figure it out yourself!
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LilMizzGood(f): 7:03pm On May 21, 2012
ok would like to tell me which race coloured was Adam and Eve if they were one coloured shouldn't we all be that same coloured as are the children of Adam and Eve.
JeSoul: *People need to start posting original topics/questions...*

Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LilMizzGood(f): 7:08pm On May 21, 2012
ok if u quoting Lev 18:6 you might as well tell me that God accepted Cain and his sisters marriage. In the time of Moses didn't they know they are all borthers and sisters as they came from Adam and Eve.
JeSoul: *People need to start posting original topics/questions...*

Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 21, 2012
Cain got married to an evil angel called Lilith... dont ask me how i get to know this, just accept it and be saved.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by Goshen360(m): 7:13pm On May 21, 2012
Adam gave birth to Seth when he was 130 years (Gen 5:3). Between 130 years and 800 years (vs 4), the bible says AFTER he begot Seth....meaning he gave birth to Seth when he was 130 years. Between v3 and v4 when he was 800....time had elasped and the bible says HE (Adam) HAD SONS AND DAUGHTERS. Now, btw Seth at 130 years of Adam and what was recorded in verse 4 is 670 years.....There are sons and daughters in btw this period of 670 years. Cain MUST have married his sister then which is permitted to fulfill "be fruitful and multiply" and before marriage was later defined by God in the law of Moses.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LilMizzGood(f): 7:15pm On May 21, 2012
lol don't worry I do believe there is God and i do have faith in him just wanted to know the answer to that of my friend question.
p.s...Lilith is a character in Jewish mythology, developed earliest in the Babylonian Talmud, who is generally thought to be related to a class of female demons
ondo_boi: Cain got married to an evil angel called Lilith... dont ask me how i get to know this, just accept it and be saved.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LilMizzGood(f): 7:18pm On May 21, 2012
ok can u plz answer the 2nd question... which is what race coloured is Adam and Eve and if there was coloured wouln't all we people be one coloured as we are the children of them
Goshen360: Adam gave birth to Seth when he was 130 years (Gen 5:3). Between 130 years and 800 years (vs 4), the bible says AFTER he begot Seth....meaning he gave birth to Seth when he was 130 years. Between v3 and v4 when he was 800....time had elasped and the bible says HE (Adam) HAD SONS AND DAUGHTERS. Now, btw Seth at 130 years of Adam and what was recorded in verse 4 is 670 years.....There are sons and daughters in btw this period of 670 years. Cain MUST have married his sister then which is permitted to fulfill "be fruitful and multiply" and before marriage was later defined by God in the law of Moses.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by Goshen360(m): 7:21pm On May 21, 2012
LilMizzGood: ok if u quoting Lev 18:6 you might as well tell me that God accepted Cain and his sisters marriage. In the time of Moses didn't they know they are all borthers and sisters as they came from Adam and Eve.

Every one of us is from Adam but there is the seed of God in us that makes us different individual from the other. That is why no one has same finger print of all the billions of people on earth yet from same one man. This is the greatness of God in us and through us.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by JeSoul(f): 7:22pm On May 21, 2012
LilMizzGood: ok would like to tell me which race coloured was Adam and Eve if they were one coloured shouldn't we all be that same coloured as are the children of Adam and Eve.
Generous scientific estimates have human beings existing for ~a quarter of a million yrs and above (pls note that it is only one interpretation of the bible that some say we've been around for only 6000yrs). Take into account variation, drift, environment and so many other factors over such a long period of time and you have what you call "races". Color is merely skin-deep, on the genetic level we are all very similar.

When I go on vacation to a warmer climate and spend ample time in the sun, my skin gets darker. When I return home, over the winter months with little sun, I revert back to my lighter color. People living under intense sunny, dry, humid conditions will have a different look from those living in Alaska - imagine something like this happening over millions of years - along with other factors.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by Goshen360(m): 7:30pm On May 21, 2012
LilMizzGood: ok can u plz answer the 2nd question... which is what race coloured is Adam and Eve and if there was coloured wouln't all we people be one coloured as we are the children of them

My explanation to this is still the seed of God in us. I have also asked how did "dwarf" also came into existence? Probably Adam wasn't created as dwarf. It is a seed God put in man that can produce according to plan and purpose of God. I also asked same question such as how did the whole specie of animals fit into the ark of Noah? The Holy Spirit gave me an answer that, Not all the species we have today existed then in the creation. The species of today just like human beings originated from the existing one that were created to have multiple species of today. It's an aspect or a part of God's greatness deposited in man. Remember, when God breathe into man, many thing took place inside of man for him to "become" a living soul. Also, when Paul said "study", he knows what he was saying. He wasn't telling us to "read". This is because, I have come to understand that the Hebrew and Greek, just like English and Yoruba, there are some words we really cannot get the real expression of Yoruba/English and so also are some words we cant really express in English from the Hebrew/Greek meaning. This is why we must use along "study" to get the real meaning of English words as they are translated from Hebrew or Greek. God is indeed Great!

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by LilMizzGood(f): 7:40pm On May 21, 2012
lol I give him the same answer that you have given me.
JeSoul: Generous scientific estimates have human beings existing for ~a quarter of a million yrs and above (pls note that it is only one interpretation of the bible that some say we've been around for only 6000yrs). Take into account variation, drift, environment and so many other factors over such a long period of time and you have what you call "races". Color is merely skin-deep, on the genetic level we are all very similar.

When I go on vacation to a warmer climate and spend ample time in the sun, my skin gets darker. When I return home, over the winter months with little sun, I revert back to my lighter color. People living under intense sunny, dry, humid conditions will have a different look from those living in Alaska - imagine something like this happening over millions of years - along with other factors.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by 2good(m): 7:48pm On May 21, 2012
JeSoul: Generous scientific estimates have human beings existing for ~a quarter of a million yrs and above (pls note that it is only one interpretation of the bible that some say we've been around for only 6000yrs). Take into account variation, drift, environment and so many other factors over such a long period of time and you have what you call "races". Color is merely skin-deep, on the genetic level we are all very similar.

Science and religion don't go together. What you are trying to explain above is a section of the evolution theory called law of natural selection. However, believing that theory also means that there is a possibility that a specie of ape over time undergo evolution and changes in order to adapt to its changing world and over time metamorphosed to modern day man which is another section of the evolution theory.
You have no absolute answer to his question so its better not to give him an answer with confidence than giving him a possible answer.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by 2good(m): 7:51pm On May 21, 2012
Goshen360:

Every one of us is from Adam but there is the seed of God in us that makes us different individual from the other. That is why no one has same finger print of all the billions of people on earth yet from same one man. This is the greatness of God in us and through us.

This answer is completely out of point. You did not explain anything here. Within thesame race, you have finger print variation. His question is what is the race of Adam and in extension how did other race come to be?
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by JeSoul(f): 8:38pm On May 21, 2012
2good:

Science and religion don't go together.
This is where many people stumble...trying to make this a religion vs. science thing. The question as I see it has absolutely nothing to do with religion. The bible is not a scientific book and should not be introduced as support when discussing scientific matters.

What you are trying to explain above is a section of the evolution theory called law of natural selection. However, believing that theory also means that there is a possibility that a specie of ape over time undergo evolution and changes in order to adapt to its changing world and over time metamorphosed to modern day man which is another section of the evolution theory.
You have no absolute answer to his question so its better not to give him an answer with confidence than giving him a possible answer.
I'm not quite sure what exactly is your point.

Science has no absolute(in the purest sense of the word) answers in regards to that particular issue along with many others that relate to our origins. What science does is examine the evidence and profer the best and most sound explanations. I gave him the best explanations that are pretty much not even really in dispute in scientific quarters in regards to how races came about. This is not a religion vs. science debate or an evolution debate for that matter.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by Goshen360(m): 8:44pm On May 21, 2012
2good:

This answer is completely out of point. You did not explain anything here. Within thesame race, you have finger print variation. His question is what is the race of Adam and in extension how did other race come to be?

My answer simple exclude race. It's the same thing. If Adam was white, how did black came out of him. If he was black, how did white came out of him. My answer shows the same thing bro. It's the seed and aspect of God in us, producing according to his will and purpose on earth. We are all from Adam and Eve.
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 8:47pm On May 21, 2012
you are assuming that God created only 2 people. therein lies the folly of this question. God created a nation of people ( thousands maybe even millions ). its all in the bible.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by JeSoul(f): 8:48pm On May 21, 2012
^I always just love this guys take on topics. There is never a dull moment with Buzugee in the house :-)

1 Like

Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by Goshen360(m): 8:52pm On May 21, 2012
buzugee: you are assuming that God created only 2 people. therein lies the folly of this question. God created a nation of people ( thousands maybe even millions ). its all in the bible.

cheesy cheesy cheesy Here comes the boss,lolz
Re: Where Did Cain Got His Wife? by buzugee(m): 8:53pm On May 21, 2012
JeSoul: ^I always just love this guys take on topics. There is never a dull moment with Buzugee in the house :-)
i aint lying though. its all in the bible grin grin sup JeSoul

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Does God Requires Faith / Best Church In Nigeria / Catholic Pope To Be Charged To Court (ICC, Hague) For Crimes Against Humanity!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.