Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,938 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:54 AM

2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! (17753 Views)

Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running / Court Refuses To Stop Jonathan’s Impeachment / 2015: North Bids For Power Shift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 11:14pm On May 22, 2012
@Akanbi Edu
Always the foul mouthed clown.

Ufeolorun: Jonathan would have lost the election or would have just scrapped a seriously controversial win if the Acn didnt 'arrange'.He would have been out-rigged by the acn in Lagos and Ibadan and that's it.
Jonathan stands no chance really,he should just be preparing a war chest to bribe as usual.
If cpc starts building up a massive resistance in the north now and not wait till 5 months to the election and eventually seal deal with acn then forget a pdp headed by clout-less.
A Northerner at the head of the ticket is just the sanest strategy at the moment.

This guy and his usual unintelligent analysis! How many daft things can be in one post?
I will keep saying that people should give credit to GEJ for a free and fair election. If the powers that be decide to rig, you people will only make the usual ineffectual noises. Instead, elections were so free and fair that the likes of Obj and Bankole lost and congratulated the victors.
If PDP means to take the entire SW outside Lagos by rigging, they will. But this is a new dispensation where such primitive ways are behind.
It is only the likes of the unsophisticated, primitive ACN that rigs these days (eg the last Lagos council elections).

As for your CPC thing, I can only blame it on low self-esteem.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by DaLover(m): 11:14pm On May 22, 2012
Gbawe:

The SW will still have to vote for a candidate. You judge the mood of the SW totally wrongly ,in my opinion, by continuously speaking as if Yorubas will only be "motivated" if a Yoruba is vying for the Presidency.

This is the one region where folks perhaps feel most content not to hanker for the Presidency for many obvious reasons that includes how the SW, relatively, is a very politically sophisticated region. For good or bad, this region "enjoyed" the Presidency for 8 years 'undisturbed'. I suspect no Yoruba man will accept a 'poisoned chalice' knowing fully well he will be unable to deliver because of lack of peace stemming from a divisive Presidency.

Forget all the "zoning is dead" public noise. No one can lead Nigeria without peace which comes from the system genuinely accepting a Presidency as 'fitting' and equitable. Nigeria is still an abberation politically and it will do us well not to forget that.

The way forward, for folks like Atiku, is obvious from their current noise and machination. Pronounce zoning as dead publicly and simply negotiate with another major ethnic group (eg the Yorubas) to 'rotate' the Presidency. With so much bloodshed and with the current Presidency showing no interest in moving Nigeria closer to true federalism, this arrangement might appeal to a SW that will fathom that Fashola as VP virtually guarantees a Yoruba Presidency in the not too distant future. This is my opinion and everyone is free to provide their own as long as we remember that it is those not involved with politics who get the most emotional. The politicians themselves are rather pragmatic creatures who will follow 'permanent interests'. The political position of the SW ,towards 2015, is regionally the least rigid and most open to compromise for far too many reasons than needs to be belabored here.

Please what is your definition of true federalism? from what I understand, what AC is preaching as federalism is quite different from my own natural understanding?

secondly how can GEJ even begin to move for true federalism in a house where majority are naturally against it...that amounts to initiating a failed project....remember core north plus SW reps who will vote it down hold the majority numbers.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Akanbiedu(m): 11:19pm On May 22, 2012
Ufeolorun:
They feel cheated and are angry hence they can be easily galvanized add them to people like me self who are gutted by the shocking incompetence.Fashola is cool but would be too beholden to the acn structure and the strongman.We need a strong figure looking at what we are going through right now

Please suggest a strong figure.

Yeah they feel cheated but that's not enough if they are going against incumbent. Anybody that would dislodge incumbent would need more than that. For instance, the SW felt cheated when Abiola was denied the presidency but was that enough to get a Swner in the game when Abacha wanted to succeed himself. The feeling of being cheated does not work when the INCUMBENT is involved. What many people undermine is the power of rigging. Too much loopholes in the system that allow manipulation.

If you are going to beat a whiteman in boxing, you'd better not count on points, you should aim for knockout.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by DaLover(m): 11:37pm On May 22, 2012
bittyend:

Buhari already told you what will happen if PDP wins in 2015... That's what I'm interested in, and how the country can break into pieces... I would rather live in a Yoruba country, than be lorded over again by a clueless Ijaw man, simples...

Atiku, GEJ, David Mark, Babangida and their likes shall be consumed in 2015. If they want to rule, they can do that from their graves, or declare their own country in their house, and lord over their wives and kids.

Bros no vex ooo, we all lived with a clueless Yoruba man for 8 years...so take it easy
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 12:16am On May 23, 2012
Any regional part that supports the North to presidential power is noted to be part of traitors of the century. How on earth would any other region support a part that is nurturing terrorism and thinking the presidency is their birthright?

I don't think the SW would be that silly to support the North or even be willing to accept the second-in-command position. Again, I don't think the SW is that silly to do that.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 12:18am On May 23, 2012
all4naija: Any regional part that support the North to presidential power is noted to be part of traitors of the century. How on earth would any other region support a part that is nurturing terrorism and thinking the presidency is their birthright?

I don't think the SW would be that silly to support the North or even be willing to accept the second-in-command position. Again, I don't think the SW is that silly to do that.

Its not the SW, instead it's the awuf luv'n phucks in ACN eg the goat-like Aregbesola thinking they can scheme their way closer to the Abuja pot of gold.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 12:18am On May 23, 2012
jmaine:

Your always try to find faults in people especially names known to be quite competent and very loaded upstairs . .You confidently feel it is Fashola or no one else . . .

You dismissed Sule Lamido for being gay . . . and also questioning why i chose to mention Babangida Aliyu . . . .Forget about sentiments . . .Only a few Governors both past and present in Nigeria can match his intellect . . . . Niger state might not be as buzzy as Lagos in development index due to obvious factors . .But he is trying his best . . .What makes you feel a certain Babatunde Fashola doesn't have a weak spot to attract ferocious political attacks . .the mere branding him a Tinubu puppet,lackey and conduit pipe for siphoning money from Lagos State coffers is enough to dent him seriously when the mud slinging begins . .You think he is immune to political attacks ? . .Think again bruv . . .

p.s Quit being dogmatic about your choice . .Fashola is good . .but there are other choices as well and Aliyu is one even though he belongs to the Notorious PDP clan cool . . .

My brother, I would not be happy to have Babangida Aliyu as my LG chairman. Let alone my governor. Let alone my president. Why on earth would you suggest him as president of Nigeria

You say he has high "intellect", because he has bamboozled you with pro-GEJ words in the media?

Where is this intellect manifesting itself on the ground?

This is why at times I wonder about you PDP Yoruba. In your heart of hearts, you would be disappointed if he was your LGA chairman. And now you want him as president undecided

I don't understand the way you guys reason.

You want to take guys who have failed at the task they were given, and give them even larger responsibilities.

That is a recipe for disaster.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by dayokanu(m): 12:19am On May 23, 2012
What does allying with anyone in the South offer the SW

Why should we ally with the same people who are soo full of bitterness and hatred for the SW?

We are not interested in any alliance especially one that returns a reetard like Jonathan to power
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 12:20am On May 23, 2012
He has been governor since 2007. He is adjacent to Abuja, one of the fastest growing cities in Africa, a city in which billions of dollars in oil money is spent per year.

Defend your candidate, jmaine. What has he done in the 5+ years he has governed Niger State?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 12:21am On May 23, 2012
Or are my standards too high?

Am I insane for thinking it a bad idea for a guy who has failed as governor to then be promoted to president?

How many of you would be happy with him as the governor of your state?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 12:25am On May 23, 2012
This is the same way they plucked a zombie-like Yar'Adua and installed him as president.

No tangible accomplishments during his 8 years as governor. And did pretty much nothing as president.

Why are you all so attracted to failures?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by laCapri: 12:25am On May 23, 2012
dayokanu: What does allying with anyone in the South offer the SW

Why should we ally with the same people who are soo full of bitterness and hatred for the SW?

We are not interested in any alliance especially one that returns a reetard like Jonathan to power

baby boy go to d kiddies section
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 12:26am On May 23, 2012
dayokanu: What does allying with anyone in the South offer the SW

If you practice tribalism you really have a grave problem. Nobody is asking the SW to ally with the South, although, SW is in the Southern region. The very truth is that Northerners aren't ready for any good for the nation.

Please, spare us your tribalism. And, intelligent Yoruba person is not buying into that.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ektbear: 12:37am On May 23, 2012
One other point. I did not dismiss Sule Lamido for being gay. Personally I don't care about that...it is none of my business. All I care about is if you have done well at your previous job, and are likely to do well at your future one.

However, I am just speculating that they won't put him forward as their candidate. We shall see; I certainly don't live in their heads and know who they want to pick.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 12:39am On May 23, 2012
nonsence
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by jmaine: 12:57am On May 23, 2012
ekt_bear:

My brother, I would not be happy to have Babangida Aliyu as my LG chairman. Let alone my governor. Let alone my president. Why on earth would you suggest him as president of Nigeria

You say he has high "intellect", because he has bamboozled you with pro-GEJ words in the media?

Where is this intellect manifesting itself on the ground?

This is why at times I wonder about you PDP Yoruba. In your heart of hearts, you would be disappointed if he was your LGA chairman. And now you want him as president undecided

I don't understand the way you guys reason.

You want to take guys who have failed at the task they were given, and give them even larger responsibilities.

That is a recipe for disaster.

Bros, wetin be the meaning of "PDP Yoruba" . . . and "Pro GEJ" words in the media . . .Does speaking the blunt truth even though considered a Northerner amount to being "PRO GEJ" or doing justice to National issues . . . .that was too petty abeg lipsrsealed . . I was just mentioning Northern politicians i have respect for even though come 2015 . . am not angling for a Northern candidate . . .

I became a fan of him way back in [size=14pt]2008[/size], when he gave a very powerful speech as the Guest Lecturer at the First Distinguished Personality Lecture of the Centre for Peace and Strategic Studies, University of Ilorin, on the topic, “National Integration as a Tool for Sustainable Development: Issues for Peace and Strategic Studies . .

So when i praise his intellect . .it wasn't about PRO GEJ wordings or anything . . .cos GEJ wasn't much a topic in 2008 wink
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by dayokanu(m): 1:00am On May 23, 2012
all4naija: If you practice tribalism you really have a grave problem. Nobody is asking the SW to ally with the South, although, SW is in the Southern region. The very truth is that Northerners aren't ready for any good for the nation.

Please, spare us your tribalism. And, intelligent Yoruba person is not buying into that.

Continue your infantile rant which doesnt change anything. SW knows what we deserve in this country and we would never see reasons to ally with anyone just to help the person

The SW has always produced Presidential candidates and rallied round the person

We would not for any useless Southern solidarity go with ppl who think we are cowards or parasites

Our 40m population is a bargaining chip in any democratic process
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 1:04am On May 23, 2012
dayokanu:

Continue your infantile rant which doesnt change anything. SW knows what we deserve in this country and we would never see reasons to ally with anyone just to help the person

The SW has always produced Presidential candidates and rallied round the person

We would not for any useless Southern solidarity go with ppl who think we are cowards or parasites

Our 40m population is a bargaining chip in any democratic process

What would you be allying with Buhari for nau? grin
Is he not the only person that needs help?

Sadly for you, ACN cannot boast of owning your "40 million" strong population. Check the last election results and you would see that its more like 50-50 between ACN and PDP, so please lets hear less of that crap.

In the next elections the following states are going PDP. Wanna bet?

1. Ogun.
2. Oyo.
3. Osun.

Ekiti is a 50-50 thing and ACN is almost sure to hold Lagos. Maybe we will talk about bargaining chips again after that.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by jmaine: 1:07am On May 23, 2012
ekt_bear: He has been governor since 2007. He is adjacent to Abuja, one of the fastest growing cities in Africa, a city in which billions of dollars in oil money is spent per year.

Defend your candidate, jmaine. What has he done in the 5+ years he has governed Niger State?

Am not conversant with Niger state but i have friends who reside there and has said lots of good things about the man . . .imma take a lil digging to produce some tangible stuffs as they don't have the kinda of media blitz unit we adopt down south . . . .
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by NegroNtns(m): 2:14am On May 23, 2012
Ekt,

I support your grievance on our penchance for rewarding non-performance. The end determines the mean. . . if we are looking for social progress then we ought to reward actions that contribute tangibly to society and improve life for people. We need to create indices for measuring and guaging performance.

Politicians promise a lot to get our attention and support and unfortunately there is no voter advocate group that keep a tab, to supervise, and hold politicians' feet to fire once they get in office. Fashola is an unusual politician in the Nigerian landscape, he is a model and ideal of what we would love the rest to do. He is self supervised and self-accountable.

None of them have an external and independent supervision body looking over their shoulders but Fashola's output and results are self-evident. Why should we go searching and poring through archives and news to get evidence of work done by his peers in other states? Their work should be out there on the ground for everyone to see.

Jmaine, I love you brother but ask anyone here and they will attest to the fact that I am strongly against people throwing and flashing "intelligence" as an index of worthiness and ability. Intelligence is good for what it does but in this age and time, everyone is educated and intelligent and it is time we stop flashing "intelligence" as an edge over the next person. SHOW ME WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND CAN DO. . . .rather than TELL ME HOW THINGS CAN BE DONE.

We must ask Aliyu and anyone else seeking national reward to show us "what they have done" with the opportunity they are currently sitting on for past years.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 2:39am On May 23, 2012
DaLover:

Bros no vex ooo, we all lived with a clueless Yoruba man for 8 years...so take it easy
Clueless Yoruba man that wiped out your debt, left you with Billions of Dollars in surplus, and started a telecommunications revolution. Tribalists like you deserve to get struck by lightening.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by jmaine: 2:44am On May 23, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Ekt,

Jmaine, I love you brother but ask anyone here and they will attest to the fact that I am strongly against people throwing and flashing "intelligence" as an index of worthiness and ability. Intelligence is good for what it does but in this age and time, everyone is educated and intelligent and it is time we stop flashing "intelligence" as an edge over the next person.[size=14pt] SHOW ME WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND CAN DO. . . .rather than TELL ME HOW THINGS CAN BE DONE.
[/size]

I feel you on that bro and your on point . . . .

Negro_Ntns: Why should we go searching and poring through archives and news to get evidence of work done by his peers in other states? Their work should be out there on the ground for everyone to see.

Don Duke did quite a lot in Cross River State . . .but the only media blitz was the Obudu cattle range and the Christmas 1 month celebration . .The truncated TINAPA project and the Carnival festival came much later . . .lots of others could only be experienced when you touch down 1n Calabar . .

If there is anything the ACN is good at . . .is the act of total and undiluted media blitz of projects and development in the state grin . .Informing the world of what strides they are taking to deliver cool . . .it doesn't apply in all cases . . .

Another example is Akwa Ibom State . .Even with Akpabio numerous awards . .I can still assure you that what get's into the media is a just a fraction of the infrastructure he has built . . .You need to touch down there to see the full gist of the immense strides he is taking to develop the state . . .

In Aliyu case, like i said . .am not conversant with Niger State . .but have heard quite a lot of good stories about him from friends who reside there, as per his deeds in managing the affairs of the state . .

Aside all . .I like that man called Babangida Aliyu . . . . . grin
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by emiye(m): 5:48am On May 23, 2012
Buhari got over 10 million of his 12 million votes at the 2011 polls from the North alone, if the PDP fails to present a Northern extraction candidate, i am almost certain he would have a better performance in the North this time around, he could go as high as[b] 15 million votes[/b] ,

A fashola candidature as the Vice president would sway in the southern votes,nothing less than 5 million votes [/b]though many from the south west, and part of the fraction from the south-south and south east. I wont be surpised if the cliche from the southern voters then wont be [b]"we voted for Fashola not buhari" [/b]replacing the 2011 cliche of [b]" we voted for Jonathan not PDP". Some of these southern voters would also perceive Fashola to be the "active one" in the event they clinch power.

The Buhari / Fashola ticket would do a lot in appeasing the "foolishness" of the average Nigerian voter, and might just be the magic bullet needed to wrestle power from the PDP.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by SNCOQ3(m): 7:16am On May 23, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Ekt,

I support your grievance on our penchance for rewarding non-performance. The end determines the mean. . . if we are looking for social progress then we ought to reward actions that contribute tangibly to society and improve life for people. We need to create indices for measuring and guaging performance.

Politicians promise a lot to get our attention and support and unfortunately there is no voter advocate group that keep a tab, to supervise, and hold politicians' feet to fire once they get in office. Fashola is an unusual politician in the Nigerian landscape, he is a model and ideal of what we would love the rest to do. He is self supervised and self-accountable.

None of them have an external and independent supervision body looking over their shoulders but Fashola's output and results are self-evident. Why should we go searching and poring through archives and news to get evidence of work done by his peers in other states? Their work should be out there on the ground for everyone to see.

Jmaine, I love you brother but ask anyone here and they will attest to the fact that I am strongly against people throwing and flashing "intelligence" as an index of worthiness and ability. Intelligence is good for what it does but in this age and time, everyone is educated and intelligent and it is time we stop flashing "intelligence" as an edge over the next person. SHOW ME WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND CAN DO. . . .rather than TELL ME HOW THINGS CAN BE DONE.

We must ask Aliyu and anyone else seeking national reward to show us "what they have done" with the opportunity they are currently sitting on for past years.

Thumbs up at the bolded.

-------------------------------------------------
At a time when the youth folks should be brainstorming on how to execute a new political order with a radical paradigm shift; Guys are busy trying to make sense out of the mediocrity the older generation has been doling out at us. "patch patch" politics.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by owobokiri(m): 7:17am On May 23, 2012
Am i the only one who thinks that this Fashola thing wont fly? Some people who dont know the rest of the country will behead you if you tell them that the man may not be seen as the best governor around in some other areas. He doesnt even control the soul of his own party yet he is being touted as the ultimate nemesis of the behemoth called PDP? How is going to do that when Tinubu who owns ACN will strike his last minute deals to save his head from EFCC?

Get real people; untill there is a revolution in this country, PDP elite will always choose who rules then get their goons in the media to advertise the candidate. All these swanky talks about "allignments" and using your 40 million population as a solid "bargaining chip" comes to nuts when you are faced with a highly corrupted political process that contineously skews enermous advantages towards the powerful in government. . Jonathan is getting his second term if he declares! To stop that, you need to change the political system in Nigeria. That demands blood and pain and you guy aint ready for that.

1 Like

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by vanstanzy(m): 7:29am On May 23, 2012
After a long absence from this thread n forum, i have decided to comeback and see what trash britney, no bittyend has spewed lately. But am so suprised and disappionted that Britney Spears or is his name bittyend, ran off with his tail inbetween his legs just like the natural born COWARD that he's. Me thinks he has changed his username. Well a Leopard can never change its spot, britney, sorry bittyend i'll get u by ur IMBECILIC way of writing, someday. Check it out, he threw the first punch at Ibos' now he's running. Men this bi.t.ch is some CRAZED OL' COYOTE. Where's Britney Spears when u need 'em?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Slizbeat(m): 7:38am On May 23, 2012
All yelling 2015 wn we r stil in 2012, gud plan 2 b optimistic though bt do u av power n control over ur lifes? Think abt it. N besydz, come 2015, if u dnt deem any1 fit 4 d presidency, wud u b floggd 4 sittin on dah couch, eatin popcorn n watchin d polls?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Caesar1988(m): 8:00am On May 23, 2012
They just dey run their mouth........This country became better in his regime....the hausas produced blood suckers in d name of president,they should cry till eternity cos that post is far 4rm them........hahahahaha
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by LogicMind: 8:16am On May 23, 2012
vanstanzy: After a long absence from this thread n forum, i have decided to comeback and see what trash britney, no bittyend has spewed lately. But am so suprised and disappionted that Britney Spears or is his name bittyend, ran off with his tail inbetween his legs just like the natural born COWARD that he's. Me thinks he has changed his username. Well a Leopard can never change its spot, britney, sorry bittyend i'll get u by ur IMBECILIC way of writing, someday. Check it out, he threw the first punch at Ibos' now he's running. Men this bi.t.ch is some CRAZED OL' COYOTE. Where's Britney Spears when u need 'em?

where you really expecting a natural born coward to stand up and fight?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 9:23am On May 23, 2012
@Jmaine.

Aliyu is an empty Barrel pure and simple. He is given to political pontification and populist talk that do not amount to anything tangible.

That said, Ekt Bears "Fashola or nothing" position is disappointingly naive. No doubt Fashola has done well in Lagos but if you ask the Governor himself, he will probably , as a keen and very astute social observer, be happy to make certain 'concessions' because he appreciates the on-ground dynamics Ekt Bear cannot see and feel let alone account for.

No need for endless debate on Fashola. Let upcoming events prove our cases. I am willing to bet money with any nairalander that Fashola, if involved, will be VP to a popular Northerner in 2015. I stake my analytical reputation on this. The system , which me and you cannot influence for now, is what it is. Best to recognise that as the beginning of any debate.

Nothing makes this personal helplessness of me and you , to influence the system, more succinctly clear than the killings, rancor and divisiveness we are seeing today. No man , however gifted, can lead Nigeria well without peace. We have all seen our Nation become Somalia overnight while those safe and disconnected from the problems, in their diasporan bases, make insensitive suggestions that worsens things for the "pawns" on the ground. Those who kingmake will always, even if selfishly, seek to make 'reparation' that secures peace ,ala june 12 Olive branch, to enable things move along 'nicely' while internet warriors will focus on ethnic superiority bragging rights.

The ACN is not full of fools even as folks like Ekt Bear fancy themselves as uber strategist from their American base. Has anyone thought of a scenario where a Fashola Presidential ticket defeats a "nest of killers" Northern PDP ticket? Fashola simply becomes GEJ part 2 !!!! Who would want that for him?

Whereas if a Popular Opposition Northerner , with broad support, defeats the Northern candidate of the "nest of killers" , the PDP losers will certainly not find support using terrorism to forment problems for a fellow northerner - perhaps a very influential one for that matter. This is why it should be clear that the opposition has to watch the PDP rather than Ekt Bear's naive opinion that the opposition can do as they please. This is Nigeria where politics is totally 'unique' and , currently, unlike anything practised elsewhere.

Ekt Bear remains naive to the very, very important aspect of what happens after 'victory day' as many, including myself, warned GEJ supporters over in 2010-2011. "Fashola wins Nigeria lives happily ever after" is a fantasy and indicative, given all what we have seen and are seeing, of a rather severe disconnection with the balances in Nigerian politics you cannot just trample over like Bush entering Iraq simplistically, on a mission of "democracy", or America showing disdain for others because of an inflexible know-it-all arrogance that is actually ignorance.

Political systems , even with extreme flaws, are what they are. Compromising pragmatically is not weakness and even the strongest nations on Earth compromise. The end justifies the means. Fashola, a good politician, will be the first person to appreciate that concept. Let us face it. Fashola is no Sankara or Lumumba type revolutionary/hardliner.

Fashola, unlike others, would not foolishly wish to accept a 'poisoned chalice' that would mire his Presidency, unproductively, in challenges that will commit millions to misery when he can be VP, in peace, contributing massively to Nigeria's development perhaps with supervision of a critical sector like electricity (as Sambo is currently nominated) plus get a clear shot at positioning himself to be President at 56 or 60 !!! Those who genuinely want to make a change will not accept leadership under circumstances that would render the chance to make a change virtually impossible !!! This is what bears GEJ out as a vacuous leader who sought power for the sake of it alone. Responsible leaders would first seek to 'balance' issues.

Anyone with a 'living' stake in Nigeria , like Fashola himself for example, will appreciate this aspect of the debate. The ACN will not give Fashola a platform that may prolong the horror we are seeing currently and Fashola himself , committed to the unity of Nigeria, would not insist on an ambition that may prolong the misery of the nation and move us further towards disintegration that only seccesionist foolishly drool about. Simple.

One of the strenghts of being a good leader is understanding the limitation of your people, accounting for this limitation and even proactively making personal sacrifices so as to not put them in harm's way. Sometimes, the best display of leadership and intelligence is making pragmatic/sacrificial choices because of an innate understanding of prevailing conditions. I trust that Yoruba folks will show the wisdom we are reknowned for to 'steady' the ship and bring about the peace and unity that will see all the good guys , under peaceful conditions and from every corner of Nigeria, being drafted in to deliver for the Nation. Far too many folks want the progress of Nigeria to be tied to a touted greatness of their ethnic group while balanced folks [b]who just want to get on with it [/b]will appreciate the concept of "all hands on deck".
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:52am On May 23, 2012
^^^^#Singing 'a millie remix'... O-gbawe, O-gbawe, o-gbawe.. lol

Dude.. Your post gave me o-headache..
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by jmaine: 10:53am On May 23, 2012
Gbawe came in with his "shakabula" grin . . . . Okay . .i drop Aliyu name then . . . . But your hinting a subtle support on the zoning principle the PDP formulated cheesy . . . And why we are paying for it with the wave of violence going on in protest . . .

Am a strong fan of making the North see they can't intimidate people into towing their line . . . While it is good to arrive at a peaceful compromise to enable the country forge ahead in harmony . . .No region should come to the dialogue table thinking she is only doing the rest a huge favour by sitting down with them to talk.

The complexities and polarity of our political clime in recent time along ethno-religion lines, makes certain plain poliitical calculation go awry . . .

Now let's look at the common proposition of a Northerner/Fashola ticket . . . Will the North ever allow a popular Christian Northerner to be their consensus candidate . . . Are they sophisticated enough to support such a candidate wholeheartedly. . . .cos all i see in their rage has religious colouration written all over them . . . But unlike them, an average SW sees you first before religion even comes into play due to our high tolerance level . . . .

I believe Before we make political deductions we must factor in the peculiar Ethno-religious balance . . moreso with the high level of suspicion we tend to harbor for each other these days . . .

Whatever happens . . .i feel it's quite too early to make deductions . . .subsequent events will give us a clearer view . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fashola Marks 2,900 Days In Office (photos) / APC rejects new Adamawa governorship supplementary election date / Babachir Lawal Says Tinubu Will Make A Good President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.