Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,227 members, 7,807,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! (36771 Views)

[NEW!] Mtn Unlimited Browsing For All! / (tutorial) Changing/removing Startup Tone Of Your Droid / How To Use MTN Bis To Browse On Android Smartphones Through Droid VPN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by jereal(m): 9:09am On May 22, 2012
STRAIGHT TO THE POINT...!!!

*Subscribe to bbc weekly or monthly

*Download 'Set DNS'
from below

*Install the app then run it. Select
'Google DNS' from the drop down list
and then apply
(Rooted phones only)

*create a new MTN access point with
everything same as MTN's default
access point...but change its 'apn' to
'blackberry.net'

*have fun downloadingcheesy

TIP: ucweb 8.2 is the illest browser...!
with javascript & inbuilt flash...even
for phones whose browsers do not
support flash...!

1 Share

Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by ZUBY77(m): 9:22am On May 22, 2012
Gonna try it out
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by jereal(m): 9:40am On May 22, 2012
ZUBY77: Gonna try it out

pls do, and come give your testimony
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by ZUBY77(m): 10:54am On May 22, 2012
The problem is that my android tablet is new and refused to connect to the internet so far. I think i have not gotten the mtn settings right so far. Any help there, cos i cant download the 'set dns ' without internet. Thanks.
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by hooged: 11:58am On May 22, 2012
My samsung t mobile T959v suck megabyte like mad , I pray it works ..will get back to u later in d day.
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by Brisingr(m): 8:24pm On May 22, 2012
O.p it keep showing setDNS Not active when i click on apply
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by Justiyke4u: 5:35am On May 23, 2012
Pls how do i rout my tab 7.0plus pls any advice?
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by needful: 8:58am On May 23, 2012
Is rooting, hacking, and firmware update the same thing. I want to root my sgs2 but am confused about this three things I asked now.. Pls I need help.
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by jereal(m): 11:22am On May 23, 2012
ZUBY77: The problem is that my android tablet is new and refused to connect to the internet so far. I think i have not gotten the mtn settings right so far. Any help there, cos i cant download the 'set dns ' without internet. Thanks.

MTN's sim comes pre-installed with their access points...just check in your access point settings and make sure MTN wap is selected
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by jereal(m): 11:24am On May 23, 2012
hooged: My samsung t mobile T959v suck megabyte like mad , I pray it works ..will get back to u later in d day.

with this you can eventually enjoy all features on your droid without worrying about data consumptiongrin
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by jereal(m): 11:28am On May 23, 2012
Brisingr: O.p it keep showing setDNS Not active when i click on apply

it will do that if data connection is not enabled.
-enable data connection and it should become activesmiley
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by jereal(m): 11:31am On May 23, 2012
Justiyke4u: Pls how do i rout my tab 7.0plus pls any advice?

there are a lot of ways to root droid devices, and they peculiar to each device,

-just search 'rooting -your device name-' you would find more than enough results, and the steps re very easy
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by jereal(m): 11:35am On May 23, 2012
needful: Is rooting, hacking, and firmware update the same thing. I want to root my sgs2 but am confused about this three things I asked now.. Pls I need help.

rooting is same as hacking. it simply gives you root access (complete access) to your device.

firmware update is as it is, firmware update grin
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by needful: 12:07pm On May 23, 2012
so pls can someone teach me how to root my sgs2
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by Brisingr(m): 12:17pm On May 23, 2012
jereal:

it will do that if data connection is not enabled.
-enable data connection and it should become activesmiley
jereal tanks 4 replying that was the first tin i did but no change but i notice as soon as i change back to mtn gprs from d one with blakberry apn internet is restored.
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by jereal(m): 12:32pm On May 23, 2012
needful: so pls can someone teach me how to root my sgs2

there are various ways, you can lookup 'rooting sgs2 on Google'

but I think the easiest way is using 'gingerbreak'

there are a few simple steps you'll need to follow though

just look it up on Google
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by jereal(m): 12:39pm On May 23, 2012
Brisingr:
jereal tanks 4 replying that was the first tin i did but no change but i notice as soon as i change back to mtn gprs from d one with blakberry apn internet is restored.

this is what the parameters look like on my screen...

APN: blackberry.net
PROXY: 010.199.212.002
PORT 8080

these re the only things you need to enter when creating the new access point
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by ZUBY77(m): 1:00pm On May 23, 2012
jereal:

MTN's sim comes pre-installed with their access points...just check in your access point settings and make sure MTN wap is selected
Thanks for the reply. Here are my seetings. Let me know where Mtn wap should be.

Name - MTN GPRS.
ApN - web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net.
Proxy - 10.199.212.2.
Port - 8080.
Username & password - web
server - not set
authentication type - none
apn type - default.supl
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by jereal(m): 2:08pm On May 23, 2012
ZUBY77:
Thanks for the reply. Here are my seetings. Let me know where Mtn wap should be.

Name - MTN GPRS.
ApN - web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net.
Proxy - 10.199.212.2.
Port - 8080.
Username & password - web
server - not set
authentication type - none
apn type - default.supl

ok, that is the default MTN access point, you should have no problems connecting to with that...just make sure you've enabled data connection by doin this:

goto settings>wireless and networks>mobile networks> tick data enabled

you should see an 'E' or '3G' at the top of your screen...you can now connect to the internet
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by 2kurupt(m): 8:33am On May 24, 2012
Is this before or after one has activated BIS on sim
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by Brisingr(m): 3:18pm On May 24, 2012
jereal once again tanks 4 d reply still can't get it to work though.
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by Deblow: 5:42pm On May 24, 2012
I use Samsung galaxy p1000 tab. I rooted it ystday and I downloaded d setdns, installed it and d d config as spelt out but it keeps saying d dns is not connected so it does nt work. Pls what do I do?
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by jereal(m): 12:49pm On May 25, 2012
@All... I just experienced the same problem, it happened when the BIS subscription on my sim expired...after renewal, the internet connection was restored...

here is the catch, the blackberry.net apn will not allow you connect if you do not have an active subscription, unlike the default apn that'll allow you connect but can't do anything if you do not have a plan or credit...

so I suggest you try the bbc week which goes for #500, if it works for you, then you can go ahead and subscribe for bbc monthly at #1500 which is a better bang for your bucks...

1 Like

Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by needful: 1:13pm On May 25, 2012
@ debam, how did u root ur galaxy. am interested pls
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by needful: 1:14pm On May 25, 2012
@ deblow, how did u root ur galaxy. am interested pls
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by Brisingr(m): 3:56pm On May 25, 2012
needful: @ deblow, how did u root ur galaxy. am interested pls
check youtube dere are tons of step by step videos on how to do this
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by benzion72(m): 7:21pm On May 25, 2012
All you BB haters are now getting a solution to android leviathan bandwidths ducking wish you success in your tweaking
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by adubiay: 9:36am On May 26, 2012
i have done everything but as soon as i change the apn to blackberry.net the 3G on my screen disappear and i couldn't connect
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by Brisingr(m): 12:10pm On May 26, 2012
adubiay: i have done everything but as soon as i change the apn to blackberry.net the 3G on my screen disappear and i couldn't connect
@jereal no offense but it seems this tweak only works for u.
Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 26, 2012
I am using Samsung I9003 unrooted running on gingerbread 2.3.6, i downloaded 'set dns' app on my phone, couldnt work. So I tried rooting it, i couldn't do it successfully, so i downgraded to 2.3.4, and rooted this successfully. Went back to the app, i found out that immediately i select the apn created for blackberry, my 3G/H icon on my phone disappears off. I swapped to etisalat, this worked fine only on the inbuilt browser, no any other apps installed on my phone could work with that trick.

1 Like

Re: Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! by jereal(m): 6:12pm On May 26, 2012
working on a solution guys, stay tuned

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Brother Set His Iphone Back To 1970 / My Experience With Android Phones So Far (photos) / What You Don’t Know About MTN Android Phone S620 & S720i (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.