Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1723559 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 18, 2012
Is $1k enough to get a work or study permit to regularise my stay?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 7:18am On Sep 05, 2012
jammyng: Is $1k enough to get a work or study permit to regularise my stay?

No sir.

Gbamm over and out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 06, 2012
Pls Collins give me more details.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by vicoloni(m): 11:24am On Sep 06, 2012
When is the 110k repatriation fee claimable? is it immediately after return from SA or at the expiration of the visa?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 1:18pm On Sep 06, 2012
vicoloni: When is the 110k repatriation fee claimable? is it immediately after return from SA or at the expiration of the visa?

Thanks.

When you return to your home country and wait till your visa expire
When you return to your home country and write for cancellation of visa (If you can't wait till your visa expire)
If you are granted temporary/permanent resident permit

Gbammm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2012
jammyng: Pls Collins give me more details.

You will have to provide evidence of tuition payment, repatriation (110k in naija but more if you are paying in SA), evaluate your result with SAQA, permit fee etc and for work permit, it may be enough if you given an employment offer which mean the company in question will be providing more docs.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mikkeyjagger: 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2012
Justwise, are there job opportunities for M.SC students in SA? I got addmission offers from UP for me n my wife. we have no kids yet. what is accomodation like? how much bta will be enuf out side tution fees? pls i need ur response!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:35pm On Sep 06, 2012
mikkeyjagger: Justwise, are there job opportunities for M.SC students in SA? I got addmission offers from UP for me n my wife. we have no kids yet. what is accomodation like? how much bta will be enuf out side tution fees? pls i need ur response!

I know nothing about SA student life, but please if you don't have enough money to finance your studies then don't go because there is no enough job for South Africans let alone foreign students.

People with experience will answer other questions you asked.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2012
mikkeyjagger: Justwise, are there job opportunities for M.SC students in SA? I got addmission offers from UP for me n my wife. we have no kids yet. what is accomodation like? how much bta will be enuf out side tution fees? pls i need ur response!

Congratulations on securin admissions with one of best universities in SA!

With regards to securing jobs with a M.sc, it depends largely on your chosen field. However, do not expect to pay your tuition or living expenses via part time employment.Jobs are scarce in this country, and your Nigerian nationality will definitely count against you in most ccases where you apply for employment. Note:I never said you won't get employment, I said will be difficult.

Living expenses varies.UP is situated in one of the most affluent suburb in PTA hence be prepared to pay rents. Otherwise, you may choose to reside in other places like Arcadia, Sunnyside, where rent is slightly lower and you can find a huge dominance of the Nigerian population in these two places. Budget for a minimum of N40, 000 naira monthly for a room rent(incl electricty and water).

Regarding BTA, you do not need carry large amounts of cash with you. Minimum of $500 would do. You could explain to the Immigration official in JHB regardin why u chose to hold this amount. In most cases, they won't even ask you.

One last word of advise,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mikkeyjagger: 8:01am On Sep 08, 2012
Thanks Manager, that was great! we have our full tuition fees... i understand the schools can also take a minimum of R10k per session. How True is this?
if u say i should not expect to pay my living expenses from my job, then whats the job pay like? with a bta of $500, no be suicide be that? how long do u think it will take 2 get the job?
I have been to Jozi on a 6days visit n i understand sunnyside is a terrible place, 9ja boys are scary people!
Thanks!!!

5 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 3:30pm On Sep 08, 2012
mikkeyjagger: Thanks Manager, that was great! we have our full tuition fees... i understand the schools can also take a minimum of R10k per session. How True is this?
if u say i should not expect to pay my living expenses from my job, then whats the job pay like? with a bta of $500, no be suicide be that? how long do u think it will take 2 get the job?
I have been to Jozi on a 6days visit n i understand sunnyside is a terrible place, 9ja boys are scary people!
Thanks!!!

Yes, you are right, Sunnyside area is known for its notoriety.

I wasn't aware that you had your tuition sorted. Nevertheless, should you find employment, it would suffice to pay rent and feeding. But then, you should be aware that accomodation area and type is totally dependent on you and what you want.

I cannot however give you estimated time for finding job in SA, as each individual plight differs from another. For me, I got a job 3 weeks upon arrivin this country, but some other folks haven't found any even after 2years!

With regards to BTA, I didn't mean u should come with only 500 usd, all I'm sayin is , its not wise to carry so much cash on u..rather preload a mastercard or have it transfered from Nigeria prior your entry to SA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pelumiv(m): 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2012
What type of job can one who get easily in SA or what type of handwork makes cash easily.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mikkeyjagger: 2:19pm On Sep 09, 2012
Thanks Manager007, u are a good person, may God reward u! cheesy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 7:52pm On Sep 09, 2012
If coming as a student, be prepared to get Waiterin and Bar jobs easily.

Blue collar jobs is also a possibility,but not always easily available.

Thank u Mikky for the kind words. I'm just glad to give info regardin what's expected for Would-Be SA immigrants.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by babadey(m): 11:22pm On Sep 11, 2012
@manager007,where and which city can someone get those jobs (barman,security guards,waiters, any white colar jobs)easily. Can u pls forward your email to me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by babadey(m): 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
@manager007,where and which city can someone get those jobs (barman,security guards,waiters, any white colar jobs)easily. Can u pls forward your email to me.
Manager007: If coming as a student, be prepared to get Waiterin and Bar jobs easily.

Blue collar jobs is also a possibility,but not always easily available.

Thank u Mikky for the kind words. I'm just glad to give info regardin what's expected for Would-Be SA immigrants.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 5:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
baba dey: @manager007,where and which city can someone get those jobs (barman,security guards,waiters, any white colar jobs)easily. Can u pls forward your email to me. @manager007,where and which city can someone get those jobs (barman,security guards,waiters, any white colar jobs)easily. Can u pls forward your email to me.

I do not want to release my e-mail address. Whatever inquiry you have, please ask publicly so other Would-be immigrants can benefit.

However, to your last qquestion, bar, waiterin and security jobs can mostly be found anywhere especially in large cities like Pretoria, Joburg, Cape Town etc and predominantly in university towns. Eg: uni of Pretoria, all d bars in that area are in constant need of waiters etc..

Salary, is another issue though. As some don't pay you salary, but you get commissions/tips from daily sales, whilst others pay monthly like fast food joints like kfc, nandos, wimpys etc
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2012
@manager007.. Where do i obtain an original yellow fever card? And secondly how many hours flight his Lagos t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ cape town? Thanks..!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 6:58am On Sep 13, 2012
surdik: @manager007.. Where do i obtain an original yellow fever card? And secondly how many hours flight his Lagos t̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ cape town? Thanks..!

I don't live in Nigeria,but some people have hinted at vaccination office somewhere inside Murttala Airport.

Los-CPT should be 8hrs maximum
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2012
Manager007: .

I don't live in Nigeria,but some people have hinted at vaccination office somewhere inside Murttala Airport.

Los-CPT should be 8hrs maximum
Thanks brother i really appreciate.. °̩ finally did it today @ muritala airport.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 8:10am On Sep 14, 2012
surdik:
Thanks brother i really appreciate.. °̩ finally did it today @ muritala airport.

Cool! Have a safe trip man!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilli(m): 9:07am On Sep 15, 2012
I wanna apply for a south african visa, i was told that if am just applying for a passport i'll have to wait 1month before i can apply for
a south african visa. How true is that? And i was told there's a age limit to apply for a south african visa...am just 21

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 7:29pm On Sep 15, 2012
youngbilli: I wanna apply for a south african 3months visa asap, i was told that if am just applying for an international passport i'll have to wait 1month before i can apply for
a south african visa. How true is that?

Oga mi, as much as I would like to help, but I don't understand your question. Pls rephrase

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilli(m): 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2012
I wanna apply for a south african visa, i was told that if
am just applying for a fresh international passport i'll have to wait 1month before i can apply for
a south african visa. How true is that? And i was told there's
a age limit to apply for a south african visa...am just 21
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by spygadgets(m): 8:48am On Sep 16, 2012
@manager007,

brother indeed u are filled with good informative talent,

i am currently making plans for my wife to go put to bed in SA. pls advice if there are posibilty of my child getting an SA passport or is there any way it adds possitive impact in d childs future .
Pls note that am not relocating over to SA, JUST for a family trip of my 4yr daughter ,my pregnant wife and myself.

Pls advice bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 9:15pm On Sep 16, 2012
youngbilli: I wanna apply for a south african visa, i was told that if am just applying for a passport i'll have to wait 1month before i can apply for
a south african visa. How true is that? And i was told there's a age limit to apply for a south african visa...am just 21

There's no immigration law anywhere in the world that forbids any age from travellin. Even infants travel. So why wouldn't a 21year old MAN be allowed to? You can definitely apply brother. Also, nothin stops you from applyin for a visa even if your passport was only issued few weeks before your travel. A passport is simply a "travel document", the most important thing is the expiry date on your passport and not daate of issuance..if you have noticed, a lot of embassies always stress that passport must be valid for at least 6 months before intended travel date.. So, no lele bro, go apply.. But, do so with the right documents and I wish u all d best!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 9:31pm On Sep 16, 2012
spygadgets: @manager007,

brother indeed u are filled with good informative talent,

i am currently making plans for my wife to go put to bed in SA. pls advice if there are posibilty of my child getting an SA passport or is there any way it adds possitive impact in d childs future .
Pls note that am not relocating over to SA, JUST for a family trip of my 4yr daughter ,my pregnant wife and myself.

Pls advice bro.

Your wife can definitely put to bed here in SA. Not a problem at all. However, your child will not be granted automatic SA citizenship unless either you, or your wife is a South African citizen or have Permanent Residence in SA. Your baby will however be issued a SA Birth Certificate, and eligible to receive full citizenship at age 10.
Benefits of being a citizen is limitless brother, if u compare to being a Nigerian citizen. From scholarship opportunities, to employment opportunities etc.
Abeg, no forget to invite me to come chop rice when your wife born oooooo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by youngbilli(m): 11:19am On Sep 17, 2012
@manager thanks for your replysmiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by blackrules1(m): 11:52am On Sep 18, 2012
Good thread.

Please, has anyone applied for SA visa in Abuja lately?
Pls, where can I get the Yellow Fever Card around there?

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by morpheus24: 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2012
Manager007:

Your wife can definitely put to bed here in SA. Not a problem at all. However, your child will not be granted automatic SA citizenship unless either you, or your wife is a South African citizen or have Permanent Residence in SA. Your baby will however be issued a SA Birth Certificate, and eligible to receive full citizenship at age 10.
Benefits of being a citizen is limitless brother, if u compare to being a Nigerian citizen. From scholarship opportunities, to employment opportunities etc.

MR Manager, can you point to the law or clause in the south African immigration law that allows for a child of foreigner who do not live or plan to live in SA would grant that child full citizenship at the age of 10 without the child living in the country for any period of time.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2012
Manager007:

morpheus24:

MR Manager, can you point to the law or clause in the south African immigration law that allows for a child of foreigner who do not live or plan to live in SA would grant that child full citizenship at the age of 10 without the child living in the country for any period of time.

I'm not sure if you read his post properly.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by morpheus24: 6:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
justwise:

I'm not sure if you read his post properly.

I did, which is why I am asking for the provision in the law that stipulates a child can acquire citizenship after 10 years. I have worked with many refugees in SA and never came across that law for their children that were born in the country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (913) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.