Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1723443 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
Pendragon1:

Is it snowing over there by this time of the year, or normal rain cold, ability winter period?
My brother it's not snowing oolong. ......
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Frekey: 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
mojohnny:
Yes she did
Picked up her passport on the 27th
was it a student permit or visitors visa ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DOOSNAS(m): 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2016
What do u need it for? Go and get dollar it make more sense.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 11:23pm On Oct 04, 2016
lipsrsealed
friendly101:

Was just worried when you said it's cold almost ice, grin
friendly101:

Was just worried when you said it's cold almost ice,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mzjennypher(f): 7:15am On Oct 05, 2016
hello house uh has gone to sa via kenyan airways as that seem to be the cheapest for now. need to know if the experience was aite
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phemy1230: 3:38pm On Oct 05, 2016
its funny how a foreign high commission can hold your international document for 27days (16 working days), I don't think that's legal, my passport is my property and the property of the federal republic of Nigeria, if you deny or approve do so with time limitations, I have come to a conclusion that high commissions and embassy open up offices in Nigeria to earn money and not work, I have been calling the SA embassy and they don't pick up, what serious office doesn't Pick up their customer service line, we have sold ourself so low, if I knew these people will hold my passport this long I will keep it in my home and just have one good Friday with my visa fee, my annual leave starts in few days. I can't plan an holiday or hope for an holiday while on leave, so I am done waiting for them. I will withdraw my application once I am on leave, they can keep the visa fee
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 5:04pm On Oct 05, 2016
It annoying but I guess you should be patient bro
phemy1230:
its funny how a foreign high commission can hold your international document for 27days (16 working days), I don't think that's legal, my passport is my property and the property of the federal republic of Nigeria, if you deny or approve do so with time limitations, I have come to a conclusion that high commissions and embassy open up offices in Nigeria to earn money and not work, I have been calling the SA embassy and they don't pick up, what serious office doesn't Pick up their customer service line, we have sold ourself so low, if I knew these people will hold my passport this long I will keep it in my home and just have one good Friday with my visa fee, my annual leave starts in few days. I can't plan an holiday or hope for an holiday while on leave, so I am done waiting for them. I will withdraw my application once I am on leave, they can keep the visa fee
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 5:05pm On Oct 05, 2016
Any update bro, as Phamy is very worried
Pendragon1:
lipsrsealed
Was just worried when you said it's cold almost ice, grin
Was just worried when you said it's cold almost ice,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mojohnny(m): 6:05pm On Oct 05, 2016
Just got back 2 9ja 2day.
Kenya Airways is very Okay.
Flew them to and fro.
You will enjoy your experience that I can assure you.
Nairobi airport is okay as well. Much better than MMIA.
Just ensure that the stopover in Nairobi isn't too long as the wait can get quite frustrating if it's long.
mzjennypher:
hello house uh has gone to sa via kenyan airways as that seem to be the cheapest for now. need to know if the experience was aite
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2016
Femcesc07:
Any update bro, as Phamy is very worried
Hello guys I just track my application just now is ready oo, see the message I got
Scan StatusProcessed application is ready for collection from The South Africa Visa Application Center,Lagos as on 05/10/2016.
@phemy @femcesc go check yours
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 6:22pm On Oct 05, 2016
Pendragon1:

Hello guys I just track my application just now is ready oo, see the message I got
Scan Status"Processed application is ready for collection from The South Africa Visa Application Center,Lagos as on 05/10/2016. "
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mzjennypher(f): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2016
mojohnny:
Just got back 2 9ja 2day.
Kenya Airways is very Okay.
Flew them to and fro.
You will enjoy your experience that I can assure you.
Nairobi airport is okay as well. Much better than MMIA.
Just ensure that the stopover in Nairobi isn't too long as the wait can get quite frustrating if it's long.

@mojohnny thanks welcome back
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phemy1230: 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2016
I just got two messages this evening @pendragon1, I will go pick it up tomorrow at Lekki, whatever the outcome is I am just happy the wait is over, maybe we should meet each other there tomorrow
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 8:24pm On Oct 05, 2016
Nice, I guess phamy should have rest of mind regarding his application.
Hope you will be collecting it tommorow, make sure you updte us ooo
Pendragon1:

Scan StatusProcessed application is ready for collection from The South Africa Visa Application Center,Lagos as on 05/10/2016.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2016
phemy1230:
I just got two messages this evening @pendragon1, I will go pick it up tomorrow at Lekki, whatever the outcome is I am just happy the wait is over, maybe we should meet each other there tomorrow
OK if you wish we could meet you can hit my line up or mail me rihbae0@gmail.com and mind you the collection time is 11am- 3pm. Anyhow you want it just let me know before the collection time
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Solatium(m): 12:11pm On Oct 06, 2016
mzjennypher:

KQ is alright by all standard,the crew are courteous,the meal is standard,and the aircraft are also comfy.Give it a go you won't have regrets.trust me

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 4:39pm On Oct 06, 2016
I picked up my sa visa today. It was submitted,process,and ready for collection under 24 hours and I have never been there before.some guys said its impossible but yes my visa was there.even d guy who wanted to give me checked system as I lost their slip haha and had to do affidavit today for 5 k.he said he never see that fast before.na God.i will read back regarding port of entry. I intend to enter Gambia from there for a week also.

Thanks guys.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2016
Anyone in Pretoria who wanna chill out. ......holla me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2016
@phemy and others tell us about your visa application status, glad you picked it up today
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samuelUMOH(m): 9:42pm On Oct 06, 2016
To put the record straight :
1.I don't have any admission runs and if I decide to do any consultancy I will pay for full advertisement on nairaland
2.Protest is a normal thing in Sa including Universities .Virtually every year schools go on protest even when there is no need to protest for instance Dut students once protested for lack of condoms in hostels .check m.news24.com.south Africa news .
3 .Even with the constant protest no University in Nigeria has ever ranked above the 7 best schools in SA.
4.In the midst of economy turbulence in SA most postgraduate students are on scholarship including Nigerians .
5 .Most .
science oriented students are likely to get jobs in Sa irrespective of their nationality .
6 .It is well know fact Canada ,UK and USA Universities are ranked above Sa schools however how many Nigeriaans can afford the fees ?Instead of going Eastern Europe SA remains the best choice considering the cost and opportunities .If you don't have sponsors SA remain the best choice .
7 .If you are a professional the chances of getting Permanent residence is a bit easier compare to other field .
8 .The worst University in SA may be compare to the best University in Nigeria .
9.Phd program in SA is 3-4 years ,while 2years is obtainable in rare cases .
10.Application to SA Universities is the easiest and straight forward .You don't need agent or toefl or GMAT .
Steps
1.Evaluate your academic docs at Saqa office Pretoria.( certified your passport data page ,transcripts ,cert and waec and courier to saqa office Pretoria )
2.submit your proposal along side the Saqa certificate
3.Pay for application fees
4 .follow up by contacting the admission officer or postgrad officer of your dept .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Femcesc07(m): 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2016
Share your own testimony bro
How did it go
Pendragon1:
@phemy and others tell us about your visa application status, glad you picked it up today
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phemy1230: 7:05am On Oct 07, 2016
I was denied, they couldn't confirm hotel reservation, and I made a reservation at city lodge hotel Johannesburg, what about you @Pendragon1 what was the outcome?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 7:19am On Oct 07, 2016
How did you get that wrong
phemy1230:
I was denied, they couldn't confirm hotel reservation, and I made a reservation at city lodge hotel Johannesburg, what about you @Pendragon1 what was the outcome?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 7:28am On Oct 07, 2016
If you still believe that there is no impending danger in the future of higher education in SA you are on a long thing living in Pluto and not on earth. If also you believe that this #feesmustfall protest is like any other protests in the past you are also on a long thing.

Let me state here my post is not to deter anyone from coming to SA to study, no not at all, I just want to paint the true picture, what they are protetesting about is far more. Than fees, they want free education, they want decolonization of academic curriculum, they want people owing schools fees to be giving free bill, some students like UWC want 10 gigs data free, some residences in schools like Witts and UCT are allegedly reserved for whites, black students want it, the want more black professors, the list is endless. In as much as some reasons are just course, a lot are just outright bull s:it, if authorities concede, then standard of learning will fall cos already Schools are finding it hard to attract the best lecturers.
Never in the history of democratic SA has schools been shut down for 3 weeks, never so this is no ordinary protest.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 7:38am On Oct 07, 2016
phemy1230:
I was denied also, reason for bank statement.
Phemy are you reapplying?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hopy68(m): 7:56am On Oct 07, 2016
Pendragon1:

Summited on 29 of sept still waiting to knw my faith
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phemy1230: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2016
Pendragon1:

Yes I am reapplying this morning again....did you get my mail yesterday? mail me if you did
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pendragon1: 11:43am On Oct 07, 2016
phemy1230:

Yes I am reapplying this morning again....did you get my mail yesterday? mail me if you did
No I didn't get it, have you submitted your application today? Or Monday?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 12:35am On Oct 08, 2016
phemy1230:

How much was In ur account? And how much did u budget for the traveling....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friendly101: 12:37am On Oct 08, 2016
Pendragon1:

How much was in the account and how much did u budgets for the trip?

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (913) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: Marshall6 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.