Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1723399 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pappy2000: 6:37pm On Oct 02, 2012
collinsfbi:

Car hiring is negotiable, you will find out upon arrival but you can budget like + or - R1000 depending on vehicle/negotiation. contact VFS Abuja here http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/contactus.html and you can get hotel accommodation charges here http://www.sun-city-south-africa.com/cabanas-hotel depending on room type or search for more hotels within sun city.

Gbamm over n out

Bros,can you help with schools that I can use for short courses,I mean suggestions.....and which the cost of the school will not be more than 5000 rands for six months,I am a bit confused,I dont like marriage sham becos of my religion.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pelumiv(m): 7:07am On Oct 03, 2012
pappy2000:

Bros,can you help with schools that I can use for short courses,I mean suggestions.....and which the cost of the school will not be more than 5000 rands for six months,I am a bit confused,I dont like marriage sham becos of my religion.

@ Pappy, hope you don't mind if i ask which religion you associate with?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pappy2000: 7:12am On Oct 03, 2012
Pelumiv:

@ Pappy, hope you don't mind if i ask which religion you associate with?
Christain. I believe in one man one wife
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pelumiv(m): 7:14am On Oct 03, 2012
Are you married? which church do you attend? cuz people like u is rare.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:16am On Oct 03, 2012
pappy2000:

It depends on your course of study and where you want to reside in SA. For instance if you are planning Pretoria most esp UNISA, you can get some short courses with the duration of 6months - 1year around that rate or a bit more depending on your course of study, some with the option of 2 installmental payment.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:19am On Oct 03, 2012
Pelumiv: Are you married? which church do you attend? cuz people like u is rare.

pls answer pelumiv, lol

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pappy2000: 10:02am On Oct 03, 2012
Pelumiv: Are you married? which church do you attend? cuz people like u is rare.

I am single but I have a woman that i want to marry,Its nothing special.I have made up my mind that my first marriage will be my only marriage.I should be in South Africa by the first week of November so I need to get as much information as i can
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pelumiv(m): 10:57am On Oct 03, 2012
pappy2000:

I am single but I have a woman that i want to marry,Its nothing special.I have made up my mind that my first marriage will be my only marriage.I should be in South Africa by the first week of November so I need to get as much information as i can

Lovely. i wish u safe trip in advance. @ Collins and others, u have been so kind in responding to our questions,may Jehovah continue to bless u all.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pappy2000: 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2012
Pelumiv:

Lovely. i wish u safe trip in advance. @ Collins and others, u have been so kind in responding to our questions,may Jehovah continue to bless u all.

Yeah,if we are to pay the consultation fee of Mr Collins,we will have to bring out a lot of money.Thanks so much God bless you.I got some short courses which range from 3500 rand to 5000 rands.I will be making more enquires from the univeristy.Thanks so much mr Collins
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pelumiv(m): 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2012
@ Pappy and Mr Collins, are you on bbm or FB? i need to talk to u privately. Its not a big deal sha just wana make it confidential. wink
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2012
Pelumiv: @ Pappy and Mr Collins, are you on bbm or FB? i need to talk to u privately. Its not a big deal sha just wana make it confidential. wink
I am everywhere as long as it has to do with internet but don't you think it will be beneficial to all if we share everything here?

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pappy2000: 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
collinsfbi: I am everywhere as long as it has to do with internet but don't you think it will be beneficial to all if we share everything here?

Gbamm over n out
somethings are better said in camera.But things that we believe will be beneficial to all will be written here
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pelumiv(m): 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
If its about this thread y won't I write it here. Some are offtopic that is y I request 4 a means of contacting u guys off nairaland. Anoda thing is Yoruba says ohun ta ba bo lo n ni iyi. English says keep a low profile, hope u get d drift.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 7:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
Pelumiv: If its about this thread y won't I write it here. Some are offtopic that is y I request 4 a means of contacting u guys off nairaland. Anoda thing is Yoruba says ohun ta ba bo lo n ni iyi. English says keep a low profile, hope u get d drift.

Leave a mail, I will send you an empty message, then you can reply with your message or use Nairaland email system which I think is the best.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pmama: 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
@ collinsfbi
Thank you so much and appologies for my late response, I called them and got through with the number on the link, they asked me to go back to their office in Abuja and see if I can get it back. Thanks also on the info on getting a vehicle.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2012
Pmama: @ collinsfbi
Thank you so much and appologies for my late response, I called them and got through with the number on the link, they asked me to go back to their office in Abuja and see if I can get it back. Thanks also on the info on getting a vehicle.

Am sure you will get it back. UW

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pappy2000: 8:52pm On Oct 04, 2012
collinsfbi:

Leave a mail, I will send you an empty message, then you can reply with your message or use Nairaland email system which I think is the best.

Gbamm over n out

Bros why cant we trash the issue of rent.I have checked Guntree and the prices are a bit high from what i heard from the word of mouth.Can you give pratical advice on the issue of housing. Looking for housing of R1000 which is comfortable.the shared ones.Your advice on this will be highly appreciated
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:30am On Oct 05, 2012
pappy2000:

Bros why cant we trash the issue of rent.I have checked Guntree and the prices are a bit high from what i heard from the word of mouth.Can you give pratical advice on the issue of housing. Looking for housing of R1000 which is comfortable.the shared ones.Your advice on this will be highly appreciated

Obviously you can't get a room for R1000. From my initial post, i said you can get a shared room for R1000 each if shared with someone including bills and getting such house is not a problem provided you have a place to stay temporarily before getting such. If you have someone in SA, try and negotiate where to stay first upon arrival or stay in hotel if you can afford it before getting settled.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 05, 2012
Zzz
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by morpheus24: 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2012
ziqqz: Hey guys!

I have been back in Nigeria for about 5 months. I was removed from the USA while studying for a Master's degree in Hawaii, the reason being that I got involved with the wrong girl who was bent on punishing me for her own drunken mistake (details too much to go into, but I still feel sad that it may seem like I have only succeeded in contributing to nigerians' detrimental image abroad. fact is, I am not a bad person. I attended a private uni in 9ja for my bachelor's and had traveled widely in europe and north america before my last trip to the usa. i was just a victim of circumstance, and i have accepted my fate)
Well, back to the issue. I am trying again to get my life on track. I may be close to zero now, but i am working to secure a permanent residence visa for brazil, which i can do by simply investing $75,000 in that country. I can raise this sum in a few months, but until then, I want to stay out of 9ja before someone in my family (or close to my family) spots me in the country. (Oh, did I say that I refused to inform my family about my US palaver for fear of breaking their hearts. I will definitely tell them at a later date when I am better established). So I have decided to head up SA for about 3 months on a tourist visa. Ordinarily, and for my own reasons, SA would be the last place I would like to visit. But now that only an internet search with my names can reveal the trouble my US troubles, I am not even confident of going back to other european embassies that used to grant me visas, because they may ask or find out about my US conviction and possibly deny me visa.

I can only guess your crime must have involved a charge close to aggravated assault or aggravated battery or bodily injury. These convictions usually cary sentences greater than a year which would trigger deportation of an undesirable but then again I might be speculating. Your conviction will definitely pop up if you attempt visa's to developed countries in Europe, Australia and possibly Brazil. Brazil used to be a safe haven for individual who wanted to escape their past but with today's terrorism issues that is changing.

ziqqz:

So, my questions are thus: Is the SA embassy strict about the company introduction letter? I am not employed in Nigeria and I have no plans of using forged documents. Does anyone think they will find out about my US conviction even if i don't mention it? My current epassport has the US study visa I came back with, but thankfully there is no deportation stamp on it, only a line across it drawn with a common pen and hand-written "cancelled", while my old passport is full with old visas and expired. I could go get a new epassport, but that would mean i will be treated as a virgin traveler. On the other hand, if I use the current epassport with the US visa, I risk being asked about why it has cancelled written on it. So do you think I should go with fresh epassport or continue with my current one with the US visa on it? And finally, do you think the embassy ask me to get a police clearance from US since I stayed there well over 6 months?

Let me restate please, i have no plan on settling in SA. I just want to be away from 9ja while I generate the funds necessary for my Brasil residence visa (I trade FX so pls do not think I do yahoo yahoo). SA will give me the steady power supply I need, a conducive environment without the fear of boko haram bomb etc.

I could go on, but I guess I have written too much already. I ask for your understanding if/when you reply. I do not ask to be judged. I ask your compassion and brotherly/sisterly feedback.

Thank you in advance of your favorable response(s)

The applications for Visa's to South Africa require police clearance for places where you have lived after the age of 18th so you might be asked to produce you might not. I know because I have an accountance who fled the US when he was charged with a crime. He disappeared into Europe but cannot find a Job or travel to some countries because the information from the US comes up on background checks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 05, 2012
Zzz
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 1:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
Hey guys!

I have read through this thread, and I'll start by saying a big thanks to the moderators and/or initiators who take the time out of their undoubtedly busy lives to help others who are lost and/or curious about their SA travel plans.

With that said, may I take my turn now to ask a few questions (your patient reading and attempt to understand is appreciated in advance!)?

I have been back in Nigeria for about 5 months. I was removed from the USA while studying for a Master's degree in Hawaii, the reason being that I got involved with the wrong girl who was bent on punishing me for her own drunken mistake (details too much to go into, but I still feel sad that it may seem like I have only succeeded in contributing to nigerians' detrimental image abroad. fact is, I am not a bad person. I attended a private uni in 9ja for my bachelor's and had traveled widely in europe and north america before my last trip to the usa. i was just a victim of circumstance, and i have accepted my fate)

Well, back to the issue. I am trying again to get my life on track. I may be close to zero now, but i am working to secure a permanent residence visa for brazil, which i can do by simply investing $75,000 in that country. I can raise this sum in a few months, but until then, I want to stay out of 9ja before someone in my family (or close to my family) spots me in the country. (Oh, did I say that I refused to inform my family about my US palaver for fear of breaking their hearts. I will definitely tell them at a later date when I am better established). So I have decided to head up SA for about 3 months on a tourist visa. Ordinarily, and for my own reasons, SA would be the last place I would like to visit. But now that only an internet search with my names can reveal the trouble my US troubles, I am not even confident of going back to other european embassies that used to grant me visas, because they may ask or find out about my US conviction and possibly deny me visa.
You struck a deal and end up in naija yet you have never learnt a lesson and you still need a hidden place to raise $75,000 in few months when you are not working or running a business. Do you think SA embassy is so worst to the extent that they will not find out? Applying with your current passport or any fake doc will increase suspicious in which the embassy may require additional documents most especially if you are trying to use fake documents.

So, my questions are thus: Is the SA embassy strict about the company introduction letter? I am not employed in Nigeria and I have no plans of using forged documents. Does anyone think they will find out about my US conviction even if i don't mention it? My current epassport has the US study visa I came back with, but thankfully there is no deportation stamp on it, only a line across it drawn with a common pen and hand-written "cancelled", while my old passport is full with old visas and expired. I could go get a new epassport, but that would mean i will be treated as a virgin traveler. On the other hand, if I use the current epassport with the US visa, I risk being asked about why it has cancelled written on it. So do you think I should go with fresh epassport or continue with my current one with the US visa on it? And finally, do you think the embassy ask me to get a police clearance from US since I stayed there well over 6 months?
SA embassy is not that strict but Nigerian has provided an avenue for them to be strict and now they do deny applicants most especially if you are found using fake docs. The essence of the company letter of introduction is to convince the embassy that you are working and you have ties to your home country but your case is complicated. Getting a new passport will not solve your problem though it can facilitate your easy securing SA visa without arousing suspicious even without company letter of Introduction. You can change you passport but you cannot change your name, your finger print and the record you created for yourself in the US. Even if you get SA visa on new epass, don't you think you can still be caught if you try to use the new pass to process visa to some European or south/north America countries and it will further jeopardize your chances of traveling to any country in the future? You can came back less than 6 months, if i were you , i will forget about traveling to any country for now. Going to SA will not solve your problem and if you think your family will not find out about your situation in the US, do think you can cover it from your family for life? I will advise you to stop running around and face reality.

Let me restate please, i have no plan on settling in SA. I just want to be away from 9ja while I generate the funds necessary for my Brasil residence visa (I trade FX so pls do not think I do yahoo yahoo). SA will give me the steady power supply I need, a conducive environment without the fear of boko haram bomb etc.

I could go on, but I guess I have written too much already. I ask for your understanding if/when you reply. I do not ask to be judged. I ask your compassion and brotherly/sisterly feedback.

Thank you in advance of your favorable response(s)

I am not trying to judge you but am not convinced you are traveling to SA purposely to trade FX, although naija power supply may not be that stable but you can still do that in naija. My brotherly advice is you stay back in naija.

Gbamm over n out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
Zzz
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by morpheus24: 5:38am On Oct 08, 2012
Mr Ziggz

You seem an intelligent enough fellow so my advice would be try your luck and see what happens. If you truly intend on spending a short time in SA then by all means seek it out only know that it is possible you might get tempted to stay there. Seeing that you have never been there before you are not aware that SA is very comparable to Brazil in terms of living standards.

IF you do plan on re settling in Brazil for reasons it seems you have researched into then good luck to you.

The past has a harsh way of catching up with us eventually though.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 6:23am On Oct 08, 2012
Does anyone apply for south africa visa through the Lagos application centre recently? I want to find out how long it took for da processing cos the last time i applied in February and took over 3 months to get my passport returned. Thx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:43am On Oct 08, 2012
opsy4real1: Does anyone apply for south africa visa through the Lagos application centre recently? I want to find out how long it took for da processing cos the last time i applied in February and took over 3 months to get my passport returned. Thx

I know of people with virgin passport who applied and get their visa less than 15 days recently. As for your February application, i think something is wrong somewhere. Before you re-apply check yourself and the documents you intend to submit.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 1:33pm On Oct 08, 2012
[quote thank u boss. It was a general issue for quite sometime and they claimed d delays was due to d backlog of application during da fuel subsidy strike frm january. Then i read in their (south africa high commision)july news that processin of visa time has been reviewd to 6-10 working days but that they now only accepts 200 applications per day. I actualy wanted to find out if sum1 applied afta dat period at lagos and if they truly maintained what they claim regard the 6-10 working days secauthor=collinsfbi]

I know of people with virgin passport who applied and get their visa less than 15 days recently. As for your February application, i think something is wrong somewhere. Before you re-apply check yourself and the documents you intend to submit.

Gbamm over n out[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2012
opsy4real1: thank u boss. It was a general issue for quite sometime and they claimed d delays was due to d backlog of application during da fuel subsidy strike frm january. Then i read in their (south africa high commision)july news that processin of visa time has been reviewd to 6-10 working days but that they now only accepts 200 applications per day. I actualy wanted to find out if sum1 applied afta dat period at lagos and if they truly maintained what they claim regard the 6-10 working days

After that period, i know of people who got their visas in less than a week, however the processing time can exceed the 10 days stipulated if applicants are required to provide supporting document within a given time frame. So, you don't have to be afraid of anything as long as you don't have skeleton in your own cupboard.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ok then. Thank u! I hope to go submit my applicatn by 2mro or next. Ps. My account stmt was printed ön 21st sept and run frm april 1-sept 21 and 2mro is 9th oct. Pls i like to knw if stil valid 4 use. Thx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
opsy4real1: Ok then. Thank u! I hope to go submit my applicatn by 2mro or next. Ps. My account stmt was printed ön 21st sept and run frm april 1-sept 21 and 2mro is 9th oct. Pls i like to knw if stil valid 4 use. Thx
If you can get a recent statement i will advise you to do that because you may be asked to provide recent statement of account after submission and that may delay the processing of your application.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ukshirts: 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
Hello please,I am als applying for SA visa,I intend to visit there in dec for 2 weeks,I want to ask do I have to submit my original documents like CAC certicate,child and mariage certificate etc
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bigmitchmob: 12:51am On Oct 09, 2012
Things re not the way they used to be in SA embassy. I went to their new office at Ikeja to submit my application, but couldn't submit that same day. I had to booked for Dec. 7th which was the available date. Unlike before when you can just walked in and submit your application. They are strict now.

Our names and Passport numbers were written on a booklet and you will be given a number.

December is way too far for me. Dunno what to do.

They only attend to first-time travelers Thursdays and Fridays. Every other day for frequent travelers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (913) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.