Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726363 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 11:22pm On Aug 14, 2018
DadR:
Thanks for the feedback Chief.

Can I use Financial Planning Institute (FPI) instead of IBASA cos they seem to be cheaper?

Regards,

We thank God.

I don't know anything about these institutions because I'm into Engineering. If the cheaper one is accepted you may go for it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 11:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
stephoye:

I'm an Accountant with 6years experience working for an NGO as an Accountant. Pls am I qualify to apply for critical skill visa under management or I should apply as an auditor under quality control heading. Ur advice would be appreciated

Please check the Critical Skills list again, if both discipline are included on the list you may choose the best option. I'm not vast in this area.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DadR: 7:49am On Aug 15, 2018
Ok, thanks again

Shine1177:

We thank God.

I don't know anything about these institutions because I'm into Engineering. If the cheaper one is accepted you may go for it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 10:53am On Aug 16, 2018
Shine1177:

Please check the Critical Skills list again, if both discipline are included on the list you may choose the best option. I'm not vast in this area.
hello Lander can a master graduate in engineering for a South African University apply for Critical skill visa without 5 years work experience
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2018
padyt007:
hello Lander can a master graduate in engineering for a South African University apply for Critical skill visa without 5 years work experience

You are even allowed to apply directly for Permanent Resident visa (see attached gazette) but my advice is CSV then PR.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2018
Processor01:

You are even allowed to apply directly for Permanent Resident visa (see attached gazette) but my advice is CSV then PR.
thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
padyt007:

Yes. You graduating from a South African University qualify you for CSV and over-ride the requirement of 5 year work experience.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cmin: 5:09am On Aug 17, 2018
Hi, baba, pls kindly guide me. I want to apply for critical skills. Pls accept my invite message. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cmin: 6:09am On Aug 17, 2018
slickruler:
Finally submitted my Critical Skills Visa application. Hoping for the best outcome. Thanks for all the information i got here.

Baba, am an accountant with about 5 years work experience and had previously visited South Africa last year January.

Am interested in the Critical skilled Visa. However, I have not been able to secure any job offer yet. Can I proceed with the process? What are documents you submitted?

Pls help a friend.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slickruler: 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2018
There is a document Posted here... Scroll up a bit and search for the Skills that matches your current job. Research for the Organization/Body that regulates your field. I am from IT Background. So i joined IITPSA. Dont Forget SAQA. SAQA evaluates your Nigerian Degree and grades it to SA standard. Its a step by step process and try not to cut corners. If you have ACCA it would be of great advantage to you. Cheers

cmin:

Baba, am an accountant with about 5 years work experience and had previously visited South Africa last year January.

Am interested in the Critical skilled Visa. However, I have not been able to secure any job offer yet. Can I proceed with the process? What are documents you submitted?

Pls help a friend.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 12:46am On Aug 19, 2018
Geenosko:

South African universities are not exactly generous when it comes to funding. You should look at Canada and USA.

I stand to be corrected but the above info is not totally correct. I will advise you to try to secure a research supervisor for your PhD.. You may then proceed to apply for NRF, CSIR or other bursaries. CSIR alone offers about R130k per year equivalent to #3.9m, just for your living expenses and accommodation.

Goodluck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 1:01am On Aug 19, 2018
D3gz13:
Good day All,

Please I am a completely new here and though I have taken my time to read quite a number of the posts here (and gained a lot), yet I still have need for further clarifications.

I recently got an admission for PhD, for which funding will be provided by a sponsor, and wish to apply for the SA study visa but need to know . . .
1. If the Yellow fever certificate will suffice for medicals or I need to do other medicals?
2. If the yellow card will not suffice, which hospitals are accredited for me to take my medicals (either Abuja or Lagos) and approximate costs?
3. What is the likely sum to be paid at VFS office as visa application and other fees?
4. Please also assists with Hotels in Cape Town that do not require upfront payment.

Sincere apologies if these questions look to be taking pple back.
Cheers

1. No
2. Any federal or government hospitals, i think private too, but irrespective of the hospital, the medical report must be signed and stamped. You also need a radiological report, dont forget.
3. You can confirm that on the vfs website.
4. That is available online. If you want to stay in school residence you may not need that.

Goodluck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 1:05am On Aug 19, 2018
Predstan:
I believe HND holder should also have the opportunity in S.A. what's the possibility of studying in S.A with an HND in Electrical engineering for direct masters and what does NQF 7 means on SAQA evaluation... Does NQF 7 qualifies to apply directly for a research based masters or Coursework only

Thanks

No NQF 7 is equivalent to SA BSc degree, so you need to do Honours (NQF cool before you can then proceed for MSc (NQF 9).

Good luck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 1:10am On Aug 19, 2018
sultan003:

get a new passport and join both of them together

Can you expatiate bro. I am in the same scenario, my passport expires Aug 2019 and I am about to submit an application for the renewal of my study visa (i need 2 years now).

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 1:16am On Aug 19, 2018
Diamond1960:
You can now do SA police clearance digitally at any VFS office in SA. Don't worry about the paper form of SA police clearance that you have.

I have not spent up to a year in SA, but I have spent more than 6 months, I need to renew my visa, can I get SA police clearance or I have to get Naija own?

Also, What do you advice please, my passport expires Aug 2019, and I need to renew my study visa (for two years program)?

Can I be given 2yrs visa on my passport even though it expires in 1year?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 9:37am On Aug 19, 2018
abdullahi45:

Can you expatiate bro. I am in the same scenario, my passport expires Aug 2019 and I am about to submit an application for the renewal of my study visa (i need 2 years now).

Thanks

the minimum required is 6months passport validity..... you can apply for renewal.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 10:06am On Aug 19, 2018
Yes CSIR bursary application was released last week for 2019 Bursary for postgraduate studies. Google for more detail. You could be their choice.
abdullahi45:

I stand to be corrected but the above info is not totally correct. I will advise you to try to secure a research supervisor for your PhD.. You may then proceed to apply for NRF, CSIR or other bursaries. CSIR alone offers about R130k per year equivalent to #3.9m, just for your living expenses and accommodation.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 10:19am On Aug 19, 2018
1. Well from experience, you can renew your study permit RSA without Naija police clearance. They won't request for it at VfS.
2. If you are lucky you can be given a study visa beyond the expiration date of your current passport. Such was my case.
3. Apply with your current passport since it is still valid for 1 years.
4. Also if you think you don't want to you can go for a new passport in Nigeria high commision in Johannesburg. You can instruct them to cancel your current passport they will issue with a new one.
Hope this information helps.
abdullahi45:

I have not spent up to a year in SA, but I have spent more than 6 months, I need to renew my visa, can I get SA police clearance or I have to get Naija own?

Also, What do you advice please, my passport expires Aug 2019, and I need to renew my study visa (for two years program)?

Can I be given 2yrs visa on my passport even though it expires in 1year?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 10:23am On Aug 19, 2018
abdullahi45:

Goodluck

NRF, CSIR gives priority to South Africans and Permanent Residents and even at that not every Supervisor has access to these funds. Not impossible but under the present circumstances, its makes it a whole lot more difficult
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 10:34am On Aug 19, 2018
@Geenosko I agree with you systems are now changing drastically in SA funding to foreign students. But, there is no doubt about your stance but making an attempt is not a bad thing. I know of Nigerians without PR that are either on full NRF and CSIR bursary as well as on grant holders bursaries.
Geenosko:

NRF, CSIR gives priority to South Africans and Permanent Residents and even at that not every Supervisor has access to these funds. Not impossible but under the present circumstances, its makes it a whole lot more difficult
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 10:37am On Aug 19, 2018
Geenosko:

Here in SA, for a supervisor to say he is ready to supervise you, then he must have funds to take care of your research. The NRF, CSIR you apply for is just to cater for your living expenses, accommodation and other stuffs.

Yea, SA and permanent residents are given higher preference but international students also secure such scholarship and their is no castigation in trying.... You may be lucky...

Goodluck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Domino2016: 12:28pm On Aug 19, 2018
Dear experts, my mum wants to go SA to visit my sister who is a permanent resident. What will be required of me at vfs and what amount will it all cost. Urgent response needed please

NB: Does she need a medical report and police clearance? And where should I do them here
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bran1: 9:36am On Aug 21, 2018
I also want to visit SA soon. I will appreciate your feedback concerning accommodation and places of interest to visit.
cydophobia:
Touched ground at OR Tambo International Airport at about 3.30am on thursday. Thanks to RwandAir for the wonderful trip.

Point of entry:A woman immigration officer attended to me.She asked few questions as per where am I going and what brought me to SA.She also asked for my hotel reservation,Flight ticket and my Kpally.

I answered all questions she asked me and show her all documents she requested for. She told me to enjoy my vacation and I was cleared to enter to enter the country.

Observation/Experience: So far the country is nice with good structures and road network most especially the Sandton and Pretoria.

Security: SA government still need to beef up security in some part of the country as the crime rate is still rampant.

My appreciation goes to everyone in the house.

Love you all.

kindly quote me If you are in SA and feel like hanging out.

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cydophobia(m): 10:12am On Aug 21, 2018
OK bro.
I actually stayed with a friend during my stay.Meanwhile there are many cheap hotels and hostels in Johannesburg,Pretoria and and cape town depend on where you want to stay.
You can get these hotels through Google and book online.
Good luck..
bran1:
I also want to visit SA soon. I will appreciate your feedback concerning accommodation and places of interest to visit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ERIN01: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2018
Domino2016:
Dear experts, my mum wants to go SA to visit my sister who is a permanent resident. What will be required of me at vfs and what amount will it all cost. Urgent response needed please

NB: Does she need a medical report and police clearance? And where should I do them here

If she is going on a visit to see ur sister

All you are required to do is to submit all d listed document on vfs check list for visit visa

For more positive result ur sister shld send documents such as accomodation if she is going to stay in her place, her bank account details if she wld be responsible for her financially

Police clearance and medical report is not needed just a vaccination card(yellow card)

Gud luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yomifoster: 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
Please I wish to know if I need to book appointment before submission. Someone told me that they have cancelled booking appointments. Please I'm seeking for clarification. Is appointment still needed for submission? Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cmin: 11:52pm On Aug 21, 2018
paulavon:
Congratulations, please try and guide others too.Do you have a job already in SA for you to be given 5yrs Visa? What range of funds do you have in the account statement that you submitted?

Baba, pls accept the invite i sent you...i really need ur support with the critical skills guidance.
Tnx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hairybelly01: 8:31am On Aug 22, 2018
Thanks for the guidance. Finally got my passport stamped to be travelling to Johannesburg in September. Is there a particular amount of money I need to hold while travelling?
eluquenson:
Payslip is optional.
You can add your salary account statement.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Haryormeedey(m): 11:05am On Aug 22, 2018
abdullahi45:

No NQF 7 is equivalent to SA BSc degree, so you need to do Honours (NQF cool before you can then proceed for MSc (NQF 9).

Good luck

So how many years to do the honours as an HND graduate ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 11:33am On Aug 22, 2018
Hairybelly01:
Thanks for the guidance. Finally got my passport stamped to be travelling to Johannesburg in September. Is there a particular amount of money I need to hold while travelling?
$500 is the required PTA, you can hold more than that if you have the wherewithal.
Congratulations

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.