Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:16 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1708406 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 3:20am On Nov 23, 2018
Sandhill:
Hello House

I submitted a critical Skills visa application back in August, it's now close to 4 months, and nothing.
I have been to the high commission, VI physical on several occasions, and they say its awaiting approval from the consular General. How many years does he need to approve?! It's getting ridiculous.

I just now heard of this supposed backlog, When will this backlog be over. Any ideas
The backlog is in abuja tho
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by paulavon: 5:13am On Nov 23, 2018
My brother this delay is no longer funny,i submitted my critical skill Visa application on the 6th of September and up till now i have not heard from them. It is wrong of them to hold on to our passport this long.

Sandhill:
Hello House

I submitted a critical Skills visa application back in August, it's now close to 4 months, and nothing.
I have been to the high commission, VI physical on several occasions, and they say its awaiting approval from the consular General. How many years does he need to approve?! It's getting ridiculous.

I just now heard of this supposed backlog, When will this backlog be over. Any ideas
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayinkala(m): 8:32am On Nov 23, 2018
Hello house

Today make it 2 weeks I submitted my application to Lagos VFS and still saying under assessment I submitted November 9. But I noticed this morning that the hotel reservation I submitted with my application got cancelled yesterday. Would that affect my visa application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Danoskhy(m): 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2018
mine is Visitor's visa

Drey143:

Wow.. Mine still says it's in process.. It's a study visa though and I'm due to fly next year January....what category of visa is yours?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2018
Anfieldboss:

UP always have funny requirements, I was told to go and do Honours with my BEng Electrical Engineering degree, after been evaluated by SAQA as NQF Level 8, meanwhile WITS and UKZN offered me admission for Masters that same year.

I'll advise you try another school.

go to wits or ukzn, leave UP alone, stellenbosch and UP are brothers..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dammy207: 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2018
Good day house I have a medical issue that needs urgent attention. Me dad resides in South Africa and he asked me to come over for proper treatment over there. Now he asked me to get a letter from the hospital am using down here and have done that also he has sent a letter to me from the hospital am going to be treated. Plz what other necessary documents do I need to fastened my getting visa on time. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayinkala(m): 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2018
Hello house

Today make it 2 weeks I submitted my application to Lagos VFS and still saying under assessment I submitted November 9. But I noticed this morning that the hotel reservation I submitted with my application got cancelled yesterday.

Would that affect my visa application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sandhill: 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2018
paulavon:
My brother this delay is no longer funny,i submitted my critical skill Visa application on the 6th of September and up till now i have not heard from them. It is wrong of them to hold on to our passport this long.

It's So wrong. I just hope I dont need it before they release it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sandhill: 10:22pm On Nov 23, 2018
ayinkala:
Hello house

Today make it 2 weeks I submitted my application to Lagos VFS and still saying under assessment I submitted November 9. But I noticed this morning that the hotel reservation I submitted with my application got cancelled yesterday.

I doubt it would, my reservations got cancelled since September.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sandhill: 7:28am On Nov 24, 2018
Apparently it's in Lagos as well. Or, how do you explain a 2 - 3weeks process turning into a 4 month process.

qalifa:

The backlog is in abuja tho
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Drey143(m): 7:48am On Nov 24, 2018
Danoskhy:
mine is Visitor's visa

I guess short term visas are processed faster.. Right?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 7:53am On Nov 24, 2018
Sandhill:

I doubt it would, my reservations got cancelled since September.
Did you get the visa ?

ayinkala:
Hello house

It likely would. They want to see a valid hotel booking as at the time your application is processed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 6:56pm On Nov 24, 2018
sultan003:

go to wits or ukzn, leave UP alone, stellenbosch and UP are brothers..
NQf level 8 for first degree..are u sure...i heard uj n up don't like btech or beng...but want bsc
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by djbaju(m): 8:12pm On Nov 24, 2018
26th Nov Monday will make it exactly 2 months I submitted Lord av Mercy.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 9:40pm On Nov 24, 2018
bibike123:
Hello gurus,
My sponsor is a citizen of RSA, and have sent me statement of acct(10,000rands closing bal), salary advice/ pay slip, SA ID, letter of introduction, invitation and sponsorship.

As of me, my statement of acct is nothing to write about,
My question is
**Is his own enough SOA and other document that enough for visiting visa to be granted
**if it's not not enough,can I summit a family member statement of acct who is also a Co sponsor?.
** must I include my statement of acct, bearing in mind that it is very poor.

Pls gurus, can any pls help

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 9:50pm On Nov 24, 2018
padyt007:

NQf level 8 for first degree..are u sure...i heard uj n up don't like btech or beng...but want bsc

b.sc/eng is NQF level 7
B.sc/eng(hons) is 8
m.sc/eng is 9
phd is 10

in south africa engineering is a 4 year course, and you graduate with a b.sc or b.eng... but in nigeria engineering is a 5 year course and you obtain a b.engr(hons)
now with b.eng(hons) you can go for masters but some like UP and Stellies will prefer to waste your time with pgd or hons programme, while they allow their students to go for masters straight.

UJ has both programmes for btech and beng, so if you have btech, one can apply for Mtech programme but when you want to apply for Meng programme, you will be required to do do pgd or hons programme before proceeding to Meng

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2018
djbaju:
26th Nov Monday will make it exactly 2 months I submitted Lord av Mercy.
what category of visa u applied for??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Somalino: 10:40am On Nov 25, 2018
Danoskhy:
mine is Visitor's visa

Please check your mail
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sandhill: 3:29pm On Nov 25, 2018
ifyalways:

Did you get the visa ?

Im Still waiting, its well over 3 months and counting, its a critical Skills visa though.

A colleague of mine was in a similar situation, his bookings expired but he still got it. Short term visitors visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2018
[quote author=Sandhill post=73292202][/quote]
Mine is more than 3 months and it’s study visa I submitted in abuja
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by djbaju(m): 6:46pm On Nov 25, 2018
Don1985:

Mine is visitors visa, short term, I was supposed to travel yesterday 24th Nov.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 8:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
Hello gurus,
My sponsor is a citizen of RSA, and have sent me statement of acct(10,000rands closing bal), salary advice/ pay slip, SA ID, letter of introduction, invitation and sponsorship.
As of me, my statement of acct is nothing to write about,
My question is
**Is his own
enough SOA and other document that enough for visiting visa to be granted
**if it's not not enough,can I summit a family member statement of acct who is also a Co sponsor?.
** must I include my statement of acct, bearing in mind that it is very poor.
Pls gurus, can any pls help
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 7:13am On Nov 26, 2018
djbaju:

Mine is visitors visa, short term, I was supposed to travel yesterday 24th Nov.
That's horrible for just short term....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 7:16am On Nov 26, 2018
ifyalways:

Did you get the visa ?

It likely would. They want to see a valid hotel booking as at the time your application is processed.
No,it doesn't mean, what they want to see is that you booked it ....it's just reservation, not a booking you should pay for
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by inno4u: 8:56am On Nov 26, 2018
Manager007:

ECSA isnt the only Engineering Regulatory body in South Africa and seriously they delay candidates evaluation for up to 6 months. There's another one and it's also recognized for your evaluation and membership. I will ask my friend and i will let you know.

Please we're still waiting for the alternative Answer to ECSA
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Danoskhy(m): 10:07am On Nov 26, 2018
Nothing in my mail

Somalino:

Please check your mail
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Predstan: 10:08am On Nov 26, 2018
Hi Guys. I have a few question and they are thus

1. What are the opportunities for HND holders in South Africa. Do they get into Bsc(Honours) and what's the duration

2. What is the average tuition for universities in SA to study for Honours degree and does it automatically get you into Masters Degree?

3. What's the cost and waiting time to complete SAQA and is the application for SA universities still open?

Nb: I applied for Masters at Stellenbosch and University of Capetown but was rejected because my degree is not an equivalent of the minimum requirement
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by djbaju(m): 4:37pm On Nov 26, 2018
Don1985:

I just got a call from my bank now confirming if I have an application with South Africa embassy, I believe they just started treating my application exactly 2month I submitted, I just hope my date of departure will not affect my application 24 Nov last Saturday

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sircreeden(m): 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2018
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sircreeden(m): 5:27pm On Nov 26, 2018
If I may ask please why do you think your bank called you? Or is it that the South Africa embassy called your bank to confirm your account statement.. Please give me update

djbaju:

I just got a call from my bank now confirming if I have an application with South Africa embassy, I believe they just started treating my application exactly 2month I submitted, I just hope my date of departure will not affect my application 24 Nov last Saturday
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nyce55: 6:23pm On Nov 26, 2018
In South Africa Johannesburg anyone to hang up with
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by igweifeanyi24: 7:33pm On Nov 26, 2018
please someone should help me with an answer, how much is visitors visa fee.
God bless u as u help me with an answer

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (912) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.