Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727053 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Norchikevents: 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2019
Juwohn:

It's WITS University boss.

Ok
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akindele214(m): 4:22pm On Feb 22, 2019
Diamond1960:
I DONT THINK THAT IS A GOOD DECISION TO MAKE. SINCE YOUR DOCUMENT IS STILL GOING BACK TO SA CONSULATE IN ABUJA. I THOUGHT YOU ARE WITHDRAWING TO GO AND APPLY FOR A VISA TO A DIFFERENT COUNTRY.
What is the best way to go about this? Patience?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Onlooking101: 5:30pm On Feb 22, 2019
Same with me, and i got my collection notification
Mail yesterday too
Juwohn:

It's WITS University boss.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by FAMILY247(m): 7:18pm On Feb 22, 2019
Hello house, please how long does it take to get your passport back SA embassy, my elder sister applied since the last week in December and up till now, they are yet to call her to come pick up her passport. Her school resumed this Monday, she couldn't join them to resume.

Will highly appreciate a feedback from you all.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Norchikevents: 8:10pm On Feb 22, 2019
Onlooking101:
Same with me, and i got my collection notification
Mail yesterday too

When did you apply please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Norchikevents: 8:11pm On Feb 22, 2019
FAMILY247:
Hello house, please how long does it take to get your passport back SA embassy, my elder sister applied since the last week in December and up till now, they are yet to call her to come pick up her passport. Her school resumed this Monday, she couldn't join them to resume.

As it stands now, processing time varies. Let her keep praying. Some have gotten and some Haven't
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akindele214(m): 8:11pm On Feb 22, 2019
FAMILY247:

Write the school's international office before you withdraw your application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Onlooking101: 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2019
9th of jan
Norchikevents:

When did you apply please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Norchikevents: 9:20pm On Feb 22, 2019
Onlooking101:
9th of jan

Cool. I hope it gets to my date soon
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by affordsys: 9:40pm On Feb 22, 2019
Juwohn:
Mine has also been released and approved cheesy finally after 7weeks. Although with support from the international students office. I applied on the same day as yourself Jan 3. Thank you so much fam. All the best to everyone awaiting a positive decision. May you all be highly faviured too �

I want to believed many were processed and released. I also received mail yesterday. Since I applied for courier service I have not receive it, much more today was public holiday. Those that have received their passport did u go to VFS or through courier service?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 9:44pm On Feb 22, 2019
[quote author=affordsys post=76008282][/quote]

I got mine today actually, via d courier company smiley

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by affordsys: 11:32pm On Feb 22, 2019
Juwohn:

I got mine today actually, via d courier company smiley

Great at Juwon. Congratulation!!!! .I also apply for courier but is outside Lagos(Ondo State).
I will get in touch with u since we are going to the same university. University of Wits

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zenith21(m): 9:21am On Feb 23, 2019
Norchikevents:

It takes one day. Is very fast. Apply for withdrawal today. Collect your passport tomorrow
oh thanks, i wud go apply next week.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by affordsys: 1:49pm On Feb 23, 2019
Juwohn:
Mine has also been released and approved cheesy finally after 7weeks. Although with support from the international students office. I applied on the same day as yourself Jan 3. Thank you so much fam. All the best to everyone awaiting a positive decision. May you all be highly faviured too �

@Juwohn
Pls, how does international office helped u at University of Wits? I mail the office complaining about delay in Embassy. I was mail to apply for late registration at Faculty if I will be resuming late to the school.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akindele214(m): 3:20pm On Feb 23, 2019
has anyone applied at Abuja this year?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by albertbosun(m): 5:40pm On Feb 23, 2019
Despite submitting a LETTER OF INVITATION scheduled for 25th February 2019. I still have gotten no response from the SA embassy till date. Though I submitted my application on 8th February, but I thought it was hassle free once you have all the necessary documents intact.

THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING. It just makes me feel bad about my Nationality, because I see this as intimidation.

WHO IS TO BLAME FOR THIS MESS... Nigeria or South Africa??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akindele214(m): 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2019
albertbosun:
Despite submitting a LETTER OF INVITATION scheduled for 25th February 2019. I still have gotten no response from the SA embassy till date. Though I submitted my application on 8th February, but I thought it was hassle free once you have all the necessary documents intact.

THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING. It just makes me feel bad about my Nationality, because I see this as intimidation.

WHO IS TO BLAME FOR THIS MESS... Nigeria or South Africa??
Where did you apply?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hadedee: 6:21pm On Feb 23, 2019
Juwohn:

has your school resumed yet? and when did the international student office intercede n your behalf? I applied on the 4th still awaiting approval
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2019
affordsys:

@Juwohn
Pls, how does international office helped u at University of Wits? I mail the office complaining about delay in Embassy. I was mail to apply for late registration at Faculty if I will be resuming late to the school.

Hadedee:

has your school resumed yet? and when did the international student office intercede n your behalf? I applied on the 4th still awaiting approval

Try to Call and email the officer herself, not the department.
Include in your email, your date of application, vfs location, reference number, name and passport number. My understanding is that they forward this information to the embassy based on how compelling your email is. She also requests that we wait at least 6/7weeks before sending a request for support email.

I sent mine on the 10, followed up with a call on 11 and she gave a confirmation that she has forwarded to them on the same day. Permit was approved on 21. About 11 days after. All the best guys
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 6:35pm On Feb 23, 2019
affordsys:

Great at Juwon. Congratulation!!!! .I also apply for courier but is outside Lagos(Ondo State).
I will get in touch with u since we are going to the same university. University of Wits

That's great bro, see you soon wink
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akindele214(m): 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2019
Juwohn:

Try to Call and email the officer herself, not the department.
Include in your email, your date of application, vfs location, reference number, name and passport number. My understanding is that they forward this information to the embassy based on how compelling your email is. She also requests that we wait at least 6/7weeks before sending a request for support email.

I sent mine on the 10, followed up with a call on 11 and she gave a confirmation that she has forwarded to them on the same day. Permit was approved on 21. About 11 days after. All the best guys
Abeg give us the email
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Blessings15: 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2019
Juwohn:

I'm not able to receive SMS, 'cos I'm no longer in the country.
I dont know why, but I recieved updates via email.

if you no longer in the Country what passport did you travel with? did you apply in SA or NG? no offence! just looking for a way out. can't wait any longer. won't also withdrw applcnt since no funds will be refunded.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 2:09am On Feb 24, 2019
Blessings15:
[b][/b]

if you no longer in the Country what passport did you travel with? did you apply in SA or NG? no offence! just looking for a way out. can't wait any longer. won't also withdrw applcnt since no funds will be refunded.

No I applied in NG. I'm a returning student in SA n only my new passport was submitted. I traveled with my old passport which expires mid-year.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by albertbosun(m): 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2019
akindele214:

Where did you apply?

I APPLIED IN LAGOS! All the way from Osun State my brother, and I also registered for courier service but no show still.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bestway90(m): 10:21am On Feb 25, 2019
Hello,Please,has anyone who submitted Visitor's visa application on 10th January or later received confirmation of processed application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by osinawanta(m): 1:57pm On Feb 25, 2019
Bestway90:

Hello,Please,has anyone who submitted Visitor's visa application on 10th January or later received confirmation of processed application?
My own is since 8th of January still no show am just tired of everything

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.