Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726535 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slickruler: 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2019
Cool

adespecial:
Thanks for the advice. I must tell you it really worked for me. Their response on Facebook is fantastic.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 9:06pm On Mar 06, 2019
Please is there anyone here who is experienced in spousal visa, what are the documents needed, how long does it take, how much is it, and does SA embassy honor marriage certificates from Nigeria, if one is married to a citizen of SA but marriage done in Nigeria
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by osinawanta(m): 10:45am On Mar 07, 2019
House I and my family have been granted a visa after waiting for two months I pray those waiting to be patient and pray

7 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sharonzee: 10:53am On Mar 07, 2019
Amen !!! Congratulations to u and ur family
osinawanta:
House I and my family have been granted a visa after waiting for two months I pray those waiting to be patient and pray
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Momgerian: 11:14am On Mar 07, 2019
Fekonzy:
I dont understand what useless, inhuman system these people operate there. I have applied for a withdrawal since thursday and these people have refused returning my passport. Is it by force? I have no interest in going to their country again and its still a problem for them. I went to vfs global today and they said maybe it was ommitted and they will include it when they get there. I have not received any email till now meaning these people have not found my passport and application till now. What do i do please. I have been in lagos since Wednesday, and i need to go back to my base and resume work. I am confused. I just need my passport returned. What sort of rubbish is this?
Good day,
Were you able to retrieve your passport? Asking because I just submitted my withdrawal and I need to travel asap.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tim00001: 12:57pm On Mar 07, 2019
Please, does any one have contacts of anyone that can be reached at the South African High Commission in Lagos? All the contacts shared previously aren't working. Visa Applications are taking too long!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dubaiboy1: 2:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
@adespecial... How did you certify your documents ? In a Notary office or this can be done in high court?

adespecial:
Yes I submitted a certified copy of all my document by courier

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by betsy255: 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2019
saintobi009:
Got my 3 months tourist visa today ( Multiple Entry to use two weeks for each visit ) Yay! Thanks Guys

Congrats! Can you share with us what documents you submitted? I have all the required documents except an employer letter since I’m not working at the moment.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Demilade1: 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2019
osinawanta:

Congrats! Is your visa to University of KwaZulu-Natal? I heard the international office compiled the names of their expected students and sent to the embassy. If not, please, is their anything you did?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by betsy255: 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hi everyone,

I need your advice. I’m applying for a Tourist visa and I have all the documents with me. At the moment, I’m not working since I decided to take a break after my studies. I will be sponsoring my trip and I have over 1M in my account.

What are the chances of getting a visa? Can you get a visa even if you’re not working but have sufficient funds and (proof of investments)

Because most of the posts here seem to indicate that you must be working and therefore must show a letter from employer, salary account etc.

I resigned from my previous workplace to pursue my masters. Do I have to justify this in my letter of introduction? do they consider freelance?

Also I have a travel record (to other countries) in my passport.

I would appreciate your input to enable me decide on how to proceed. Many thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sharonzee: 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2019
Mine is almost 2 months now
Tim00001:
Please, does any one have contacts of anyone that can be reached at the South African High Commission in Lagos? All the contacts shared previously aren't working. Visa Applications are taking too long!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tim00001: 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2019
When did you apply?

Sharonzee:
Mine is almost 2 months now
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sharonzee: 7:14pm On Mar 07, 2019
28th of January
Tim00001:
When did you apply?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tim00001: 7:29pm On Mar 07, 2019
I applied two weeks before.

Sharonzee:
28th of January
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sharonzee: 8:31pm On Mar 07, 2019
Wow � i still av a long way to go then �
Tim00001:
I applied two weeks before.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Norchikevents: 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2019
I wanted to post something two days ago and found out that admin blocked me. I was angry but promised to come back here as i have equally learnt and gave out help also. I was blocked because I shared the link to home affairs page on twitter.

I have followed SA on every social Media platform and laid out my complaints. I've scoured the internet also, done everything sending mails upandan.

Good news. I just got a mail that my processed visa application is ready for collection.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tim00001: 9:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
Congratulations! When did you apply? And is it a study visa?

Norchikevents:
I wanted to post something two days ago and found out that admin blocked me. I was angry but promised to come back here as i have equally learnt and gave out help also. I was blocked because I shared the link to home affairs page on twitter.

I have followed SA on every social Media platform and laid out my complaints. I've scoured the internet also, done everything sending mails upandan.

Good news. I just got a mail that my processed visa application is ready for collection.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by osinawanta(m): 9:14pm On Mar 07, 2019
Nope is not school just family vacation...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by osinawanta(m): 9:15pm On Mar 07, 2019
Family vacation not school

Congrats! Is your visa to University of KwaZulu-Natal? I heard the international office compiled the names of their expected students and sent to the embassy. If not, please, is their anything you did?[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slickruler: 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2019
Please when did you apply ??

My fiancee is planning on visiting me here but with this stories of rejection i have put it on hold.. Planning for her to come around 20th April.

Hope its enough time to get her visa approved. I am on critical skills visa and my bank statement + Proof of residence is part of her documents.

osinawanta:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Norchikevents: 10:49pm On Mar 07, 2019
Tim00001:
Congratulations! When did you apply? And is it a study visa?

17th January. Study visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sheddymore: 7:54am On Mar 08, 2019
@bibike123
Im in thr position to advice u on this, my relative spouse visa took 8months to be processed. I submitted, 19 june 2018 and approved on 26 jan 2019. I was terrified and troubled in my heart. U need marriage certificate registered at home affair before its can be proved u r married to SA citizens or pamanent resident holder. U need to certified ur nigeria mariage at foreign affair ministry in abj or lag. U r only gonna pay vfs fees cos no charges from high commission on relative spouse visa.

U need ur spouse ID, prove of resident on his name or not, u need affidavit from SAPS ceritfied,6 months bank statement, 6months pay slips, letter of recommendation from ur spouse, biography of ur relationship.... But above all u most be married in south Africa at home affair before u can be recognized.

post=76413190]Please is there anyone here who is experienced in spousal visa, what are the documents needed, how long does it take, how much is it, and does SA embassy honor marriage certificates from Nigeria, if one is married to a citizen of SA but marriage done in Nigeria [/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elgorethi: 1:10pm On Mar 08, 2019
I will advise you try another destination..

betsy255:
Hi everyone,

I need your advice. I’m applying for a Tourist visa and I have all the documents with me. At the moment, I’m not working since I decided to take a break after my studies. I will be sponsoring my trip and I have over 1M in my account.

What are the chances of getting a visa? Can you get a visa even if you’re not working but have sufficient funds and (proof of investments)

Because most of the posts here seem to indicate that you must be working and therefore must show a letter from employer, salary account etc.

I resigned from my previous workplace to pursue my masters. Do I have to justify this in my letter of introduction? do they consider freelance?

Also I have a travel record (to other countries) in my passport.

I would appreciate your input to enable me decide on how to proceed. Many thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elgorethi: 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2019
I guess SA embassy needs to be summoned. Why does it have to take 2months to process one useless visa that does not even have the photo of the bearer. Last year it takes an average of 3days to process each application and even at some point it was 24hrs to process. Most painful part of it is the VFS charge of N25,200 when they relatively provide poor services. A SA visitors visa fee is just N7071. These issues needs to be addressed. These people can't be extorting us in our country abeg.

elgorethi:

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elgorethi: 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2019
1. Filled Application Form (Black ink only)
2. 2 Coloured copies of passport datapage
3. 2 passport photographs with white background
4. Self Introduction letter
5. Company introduction letter (you can get a business center do a letterhead for you, no one confirms if the company exists)
6. Coloured copy Vaccination card (Yellow card)
7. Confirmed Hotel reservation directly from the hotel (please don't book via booking.com and the likes)
8. Flight reservation
9. Copies of previous visa if any
10. Proof of sufficient funds (6months bank statement)

betsy255:

Congrats! Can you share with us what documents you submitted? I have all the required documents except an employer letter since I’m not working at the moment.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2019
elgorethi:

Why did you advice to try other destination?

What are your reasons?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Restricted: 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2019
Just received mail from VFS that my passport is ready for collection. I guess i have to wait till Monday to know whatsup.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 4:09pm On Mar 08, 2019
Restricted:
Just received mail from VFS that my passport is ready for collection. I guess i have to wait till Monday to know whatsup.

You have been granted visa right?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tim00001: 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2019
Congratulations! When did you apply, please?

Restricted:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by armonai: 4:37pm On Mar 08, 2019
Congratulations!! When did you apply and what category of Visa

Restricted:

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Restricted: 5:18pm On Mar 08, 2019
Tim00001:
Congratulations! When did you apply, please?

Exactly 7 weeks ago.

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.