Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726435 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sage7(m): 12:17pm On May 11, 2019
depoty22:
paying for verifying result issued by same institution that give you certificate is totally wrong.

corporate organization with ways of collecting Money from the average people. hahaha

God Dey sha.

It is really laughable my brother.

Some will even ask for tips to fast track the process.

E go better
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by depoty22: 1:14pm On May 11, 2019
All that SAQA do was to ask if the person attend the institution, does he/she finish and other few questions.

But one day he go better.

Sage7:

It is really laughable my brother.

Some will even ask for tips to fast track the process.

E go better
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WordFamous: 2:41pm On May 11, 2019
ebose09:

Where is the best place to change rand Nigeria or SA

Thanks ebose09
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WordFamous: 2:48pm On May 11, 2019
mroyato:
1. You need to be able to present proof of accommodation during your intended stay if you are asked at the point of entry. So I advise that you make an unpaid reservation for other cities you intend to visit just in case you are asked.

2. If you have a Mastercard you don't need to travel with cash as your card will work in most malls and POS in SA. However, keep about 2000rands in cash just in case.

Many thanks, bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jubrilar(m): 7:53pm On May 11, 2019
A friend of mine, phone engineer, has registered company, want to apply for visiting visa, wht documents did he need to submit with his form. He has Yello card, 6 months statement of acct Bal 1.2millon, wedding certificate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 8:39pm On May 11, 2019
If you have a MasterCard you are fine but you may have to inform your bank about it. It's way cheaper for you. Most Banks charge less than 26 naira to a rand whereas it goes for about 30naira if you want to exchange at bureau de change. However as a back up you can hold about 2000rands in cash. You will find a lot of places at the airport to change your money.

ebose09:

Where is the best place to change rand Nigeria or SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 8:59pm On May 11, 2019
Sup bro, can I talk to you in private.

slickruler:
Stay on the safe side.. between 1.5 and 2m.. Having 1m is not bad tho

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ebose09: 9:53pm On May 11, 2019
mroyato:

If you have a MasterCard you are fine but you may have to inform your bank about it. It's way cheaper for you. Most Banks charge less than 26 naira to a rand whereas it goes for about 30naira if you want to exchange at bureau de change. However as a back up you can hold about 2000rands in cash. You will find a lot of places at the airport to change your money.

Thanks a lot...got to the airport late so I couldn't change my naira so maybe when I get to SA I will try change there but I have my dollars
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 7:13am On May 12, 2019
Perfect if you have some dollars. It's much easier to change.

ebose09:

Thanks a lot...got to the airport late so I couldn't change my naira so maybe when I get to SA I will try change there but I have my dollars
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olaoye15(m): 5:50pm On May 12, 2019
ebose09:

When are u travelling.....I might be travelling by Friday or latest Monday

May 39
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olaoye15(m): 5:51pm On May 12, 2019
[quote author=olaoye15 post=78333167]

May 29/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aragon1: 5:58pm On May 12, 2019
saintobi009:
Guy please can I use reservation I made from Radisson online to travel to johanessburg , I put in my card but they said they will charge it when I arrive , will it be okay at the POE to use this ?

I will advise you pay ahead of your trip for your stay just to be safe and avoid troubles @ POE. I stayed @ Radisson last month during my Easter vacation and I made payment before I departed Nigeria. Just do a mail informing them you need to make payment ahead of your trip. You will be issued some forms to fill, permitting them to debit your Master/Visa card and a confirmation of payment will be issued to you via email. Print and attach to your flight ticket as you travel. Keep it handy as you may be asked at POE.
Just speaking from my personal experience. It could be different for some folks anyways. Safe trip as you travel.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aragon1: 6:09pm On May 12, 2019
babae2009:
Brother,I'm so scared now.The embassy called me about 30 minutes ago,asking me series of questions.I could not answer all,because someone actually helped me with the application.they asked me the exact address of my place of work and the name of the person who wrote my introduction letter.Now i'm so scared,after waiting for 5 weeks.Please is there any chance that i'll be issued the tourist visa?

Woww, with the recent trend of calls coming in from the embassy to authenticate people's application, you should have been better prepared fro this. That's why we always advocate you do these things yourself. Nonetheless, let's hope for the best and believe they didn't get any contradictory answers from what the person filled for you. My advise, always go through all your documents and know what's in it before you submit. You may just be saving yourself a lot of pains in the future. Getting a visa is one thing, crossing the border is another. Some people may not be lucky to skip secondary screening at POE and if you don't know what's on your visa application form, you may just be shooting yourself in the leg and have your visa canceled at port of entry. Let's be very cautious and smart during our application. I am praying specifically for this application and let's be hopeful you sail through. Grace will answer for you.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aragon1: 6:14pm On May 12, 2019
andrew444:
Got my passport back and visa was not given because of CONTRADICTORY INFORMATION according to what the document said

Me I just tire sha ,but no wahala

I felt really bad and my heart was heavy when I read this. Life is full of ups and downs. Please don't back down, refire my brother but critically look into their reason for denial before you apply again. Very vital. Success bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 6:26pm On May 12, 2019
Aragon1:

I felt really bad and my heart was heavy when I read this. Life is full of ups and downs. Please don't back down, refire my brother but critically look into their reason for denial before you apply again. Very vital. Success bro.

Their reason was CONTRADICTORY INFORMATION

I will try again maybe in 3 months time, i will try at abuja
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ebose09: 8:01pm On May 12, 2019
Aragon1:

I will advise you pay ahead of your trip for your stay just to be safe and avoid troubles @ POE. I stayed @ Radisson last month during my Easter vacation and I made payment before I departed Nigeria. Just do a mail informing them you need to make payment ahead of your trip. You will be issued some forms to fill, permitting them to debit your Master/Visa card and a confirmation of payment will be issued to you via email. Print and attach to your flight ticket as you travel. Keep it handy as you may be asked at POE.
Just speaking from my personal experience. It could be different for some folks anyways. Safe trip as you travel.

You are very correct, am in cape town,I didn't have any issue with immigration or at the POE cos I had a paid booking, the guys from Nigeria refused the hotel confirmation saying it not a paid confirmation, I had to go print out the payment receipt my bank sent to my mail before he agreed that it a paid accommodation. So I just included it in my passports and give it to any one that requested for my passports like that I didn't have to talk to much

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 10:14pm On May 12, 2019
ebose09:

You are very correct, am in cape town,I didn't have any issue with immigration or at the POE cos I had a paid booking, the guys from Nigeria refused the hotel confirmation saying it not a paid confirmation, I had to go print out the payment receipt my bank sent to my mail before he agreed that it a paid accommodation. So I just included it in my passports and give it to any one that requested for my passports like that I didn't have to talk to much
do they check if you have booked for accommodation at Nigerian airport?

How is cape town? Gist us abeg. Na there I wan visit too.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 10:22pm On May 12, 2019
mroyato:

you mean if you use your naira card on an ATM in south Africa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jubrilar(m): 11:01pm On May 12, 2019
jubrilar:
A friend of mine, phone engineer, has registered company, want to apply for visiting visa, wht documents did he need to submit with his form. He has Yello card, 6 months statement of acct Bal 1.2millon, wedding certificate

Someone should assist
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jubrilar(m): 11:44pm On May 12, 2019
jubrilar:

Someone should respond
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mosk2k: 7:14am On May 13, 2019
Xenophobic attacks against foreigners in SA today is been speculated as sent by text message in circulation which states that on the 13th of May,anybody without South African ID will be attacked in Taxis,buses,offices homes and places of work.please foreigners in location/township should move close to were other foreigners are residing within the cities to guard against such attacks if indeed it will occur. Guys stay safe and make a plan oooo!May the Almighty protect us all.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mosk2k: 7:19am On May 13, 2019
mosk2k:
Xenophobic attacks against foreigners in SA today is been speculated as sent by text message in circulation which states that on the 13th of May,anybody without South African ID will be attacked in Taxis,buses,offices homes and places of work.please foreigners in location/township should move close to were other foreigners are residing within the cities to guard against such attacks if indeed it will occur. Guys stay safe and make a plan oooo!May the Almighty protect us all.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WordFamous: 8:06am On May 13, 2019
Hi Mroyato...I just booked 23 days for a hotel in Capetown via hotels.com. I hope the reservation confirmation from them is OK for POE guys?

I remember VFS requiring direct booking at Visa application phase. So, I really need clarifications ASAP cos my flight is tmr.

Everyone, help a brother resolve this. Thanks in advance

mroyato:
1. You need to be able to present proof of accommodation during your intended stay if you are asked at the point of entry. So I advise that you make an unpaid reservation for other cities you intend to visit just in case you are asked.

2. If you have a Mastercard you don't need to travel with cash as your card will work in most malls and POS in SA. However, keep about 2000rands in cash just in case.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 9:01am On May 13, 2019
WordFamous:
Hi Mroyato...I just booked 23 days for a hotel in Capetown via hotels.com. I hope the reservation confirmation from them is OK for POE guys?

I remember VFS requiring direct booking at Visa application phase. So, I really need clarifications ASAP cos my flight is tmr.

was the booking paid for ? If not atleast make 3 days payment if not you’ll not be allowed in at Poe.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WordFamous: 10:04am On May 13, 2019
@ Zubydee thanks. But I already paid fully for 5 days AirBnB in Pretoria from May 14th-19th. It's the remaining 23 nights after that I booked via hotels.com.

Will this work...or you must pay for every single day on your return ticket?

Anyone please. Thanks

quote author=ZubyDee post=78346944] was the booking paid for ? If not atleast make 3 days payment if not you’ll not be allowed in at Poe. [/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 10:25am On May 13, 2019
WordFamous:
@ Zubydee thanks. But I already paid fully for 5 days AirBnB in Pretoria from May 14th-19th. It's the remaining 23 nights after that I booked via hotels.com.

Will this work...or you must pay for every single day on your return ticket?

Anyone please. Thanks

quote author=ZubyDee post=78346944] was the booking paid for ? If not atleast make 3 days payment if not you’ll not be allowed in at Poe.
5 days fully paid, then you have no problem at poe, all they need is the proof that have somewhere to stay once you enter the country. You have no problem bro, best of luck on your trip.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 11:25am On May 13, 2019
Yes..naira MasterCard works. I am very sure of UBA card

cucumbar:
you mean if you use your naira card on an ATM in south Africa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 11:33am On May 13, 2019
You are good to go if you have made reservations for your entire stay. Most likely the reservations will not be confirmed at the point of entry.
Do enjoy your vacation.

WordFamous:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WordFamous: 11:50am On May 13, 2019
ZubyDee:
5 days fully paid, then you have no problem at poe, all they need is the proof that have somewhere to stay once you enter the country. You have no problem bro, best of luck on your trip.

Many thanks for your help and we'll wishes, bro

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by frcxs(m): 12:28pm On May 13, 2019
Hi all, please is there anyone that can assist with contact for unilag transcripts to be used for SAQA verification
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Viquetohr: 2:04pm On May 13, 2019
Just go straight to Records office, and tell them your ordeal. Calling them wouldn't help. I did the same and it worked.
frcxs:
Hi all, please is there anyone that can assist with contact for unilag transcripts to be used for SAQA verification
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Viquetohr: 2:10pm On May 13, 2019
Please help recommend sites where I can do a 'book and pay later' residence reservation around Johannesburg for my study visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.