Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1723539 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jhamez10: 11:17am On Aug 05, 2019
Nugget1313:
Tourist Visa Application Submitted June 18 forwaded for processing 19... No update till now... Anyone submitted on 18/19 and have their visa yet? Pls help it’s really crazy and unbearable as I don’t know what to do. At least I need my passport back! Thanks
I submitted since may 27 for a tourist visa in abuja till now I've not heard anything from them each time I track its still under processing let's just keep praying
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by osinawanta(m): 11:36am On Aug 05, 2019
How long does student permit takes to process inside SA

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 11:40am On Aug 05, 2019
please i will like to know if sa embassy certify documents ? if they do pls how much does it go for
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 05, 2019
I submitted on june 17.No response yet
Nugget1313:
Tourist Visa Application Submitted June 18 forwaded for processing 19... No update till now... Anyone submitted on 18/19 and have their visa yet? Pls help it’s really crazy and unbearable as I don’t know what to do. At least I need my passport back! Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2019
padyt007:
Guys pls help !!!Firstly ! am filling a master degree form to a south african school ! they require me to certify some documents (wassce, passport ,degree certificate and translation of results), can i do it Nigeria ( the certification) or send it to a relative there for certification .. Secondly what is translation of Results. pls advise !!! if am to do it in Nigeria where do i go pls ? respond asap

Make copies of the documents, then go to the High Court in your city, along with the originals of the documents. They will help you certify it.

I believe you don't need to translate any of your results, as long as they are obtained from Nigeria, they will most likely be in English. Translation is for people whose documents are written in languages different from Engligh (French, Arabic, Mandarin, e.t.c)

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2019
padyt007:
please i will like to know if sa embassy certify documents ? if they do pls how much does it go for

SA Embassy will certify documents that are issued by the South African State. They will not certify Nigerian documents as they will be unable to verify the authenticity of the documents.

If it is SA documents though (e.g. SA ID document), then they will surely certify it after sighting the original.

Unfortunately, I don't know if they charge for this.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2019
osinawanta:

It generally takes less than 2 months, usually about a month. However, you won't be able to apply for study permit in SA if you enter SA with a different type of visa, e.g. visitor's permit.

Please be sure whatever you plan to do is permissible by law in SA before you leave Nigeria.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2019
Guys, if you are still waiting for your visa, I think you need to pray to whatever God you serve for favour. Trust me, you'll be needing it. The recent attacks by Nigerians on the South African Police (I was only just seeing the images today) will definitely have a response. I pray we applying for visas are not one of the casualties in this matter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 4:27pm On Aug 05, 2019
When is your suppose travel date?
Nugget1313:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Damimubo: 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2019
[quote author=TYPOP post=80967673] Guys, if you are still waiting for your visa, I think you need to pray to whatever God you serve for favour. Trust me, you'll be needing it. The recent attacks by Nigerians on the South African Police (I was only just seeing the images today) will definitely have a response. I pray we applying for visas are not one of the casualties in this matter.
It wasnt Nigerians who attacked their police men, it was their own citizen who did that. I dont know why they like giving us false news.at first I read the news on punch news paper but later read on Twitter from their president Instagram handle telling the citizen how wrong it is to attack their police.may God help us
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by osinawanta(m): 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2019
Ohk thanks,but i have done change of status and I have a sponsor in side SA,I have gotten school and a letter from the school my admission letter..I submitted the form on Friday at vfs

It generally takes less than 2 months, usually about a month. However, you won't be able to apply for study permit in SA if you enter SA with a different type of visa, e.g. visitor's permit.

Please be sure whatever you plan to do is permissible by law in SA before you leave Nigeria.[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by klexycole(m): 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2019
My people, please what's going to be here? (Image attached)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2019
I think traveling date always determine the issuing of Visa, the nearer the date the faster the processing, and the farther the date the longer it will take for processing. Is this right my people??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Viquetohr: 3:49am On Aug 06, 2019
It's true the departure date is what they first look out for, but it doesn't always determine how long or short the processing time would take.
dre44k:
I think traveling date always determine the issuing of Visa, the nearer the date the faster the processing, and the farther the date the longer it will take for processing. Is this right my people??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:59am On Aug 06, 2019
klexycole:
My people, please what's going to be here? (Image attached)

It simply means that if you leave SA after your visa has expired, they will ban you from entering SA. How long someone overstays will determine for how long the person is banned.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:00am On Aug 06, 2019
osinawanta:
Ohk thanks,but i have done change of status and I have a sponsor in side SA,I have gotten school and a letter from the school my admission letter..I submitted the form on Friday at vfs

Oh great. All the best then.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:04am On Aug 06, 2019
Damimubo:
It wasnt Nigerians who attacked their police men, it was their own citizen who did that. I dont know why they like giving us false news.at first I read the news on punch news paper but later read on Twitter from their president Instagram handle telling the citizen how wrong it is to attack their police.may God help us

Amen o. And thank you for the clarification (moreso without hurling out insults grin). I'll surely be seeking more info about the news also.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by klexycole(m): 8:16am On Aug 06, 2019
TYPOP:

It simply means that if you leave SA after your visa has expired, they will ban you from entering SA. How long someone overstays will determine for how long the person is banned.

Thanks for your prompt response, so I should leave it blank since there's no plan to overstay? I appreciate your answer. smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nugget1313: 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2019
dre44k:
When is your suppose travel date?

August 10th... Applied in Lagos, paid for courier services and no response, no calls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DoubleGiant: 7:02pm On Aug 06, 2019
Please, how long does it take for the courier service to deliver a passport if someone paid for it when applying for visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Viquetohr: 11:33pm On Aug 06, 2019
2 to 3 days. I guess you have been notified of your passport ready for collection.
DoubleGiant:
Please, how long does it take for the courier service to deliver a passport if someone paid for it when applying for visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:46am On Aug 07, 2019
TYPOP:
Guys, if you are still waiting for your visa, I think you need to pray to whatever God you serve for favour. Trust me, you'll be needing it. The recent attacks by Nigerians on the South African Police (I was only just seeing the images today) will definitely have a response. I pray we applying for visas are not one of the casualties in this matter.
The attack was not carry out by Nigerians . Watch the video again you will see clearly the Somalians and Ethiopians in the video . Do not join the wagon accusing Nigerians for every bad thing that happen in SA . When a Tanzanian was caught in robbery he claimed to be a Nigerian when asked to speak any Nigerian language he became dumb .Now any migrant caught in crime quickly claimed to be a Nigerian to attract headlines and hel p

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:01am On Aug 07, 2019
klexycole:

Thanks for your prompt response, so I should leave it blank since there's no plan to overstay? I appreciate your answer. smiley

The minimum period of overstay ban is 1 year. The maximum period of overstay is 5 years. I'm not sure which one you should state or whether you should leave it blank. All I can do is provide the info and you can decide. I'm sure others here can also advise.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:13am On Aug 07, 2019
samtol4:
The attack was not carry out by Nigerians . Watch the video again you will see clearly the Somalians and Ethiopians in the video . Do not join the wagon accusing Nigerians for every bad thing that happen in SA . When a Tanzanian was caught in robbery he claimed to be a Nigerian when asked to speak any Nigerian language he became dumb .Now any migrant caught in crime quickly claimed to be a Nigerian to attract headlines and hel p

I already responded to the initial clarification bro (my initial response below).

TYPOP:
Amen o. And thank you for the clarification (moreso without hurling out insults grin). I'll surely be seeking more info about the news also.
Thanks again.

I heard of it from Nigerians (at least 5 of them showing me the video) and telling me it was by Nigerians. I had no reason to disbelieve them since they are more present online on social media than I am. When I gave them the feedback yesterday that it might not have been Nigerians, they initially told me that ENCA keeps reporting foreign nationals in their news up until yesterday. Of course, they agree now it was most likely not Nigerians.

I try my best to give accurate info as I have it and also state when I'm not sure of the info. I'm not one to dish out info with triviality, by now you of all people should know that. I had accepted corrections immediately when corrected. Your reply would have been great without the
Do not join the wagon accusing Nigerians for every bad thing that happen in SA .
part.

Even now the info is unclear. You said Somalians/Ethiopians. Damimubo said they were South Africans. What we know for a fact was that raids were carried out in downtown Jozi over that weekend and foreign nationals without valid documents on them were rounded up (rightfully so).

Thanks for your correction though, I appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by klexycole(m): 9:28am On Aug 07, 2019
TYPOP:

The minimum period of overstay ban is 1 year. The maximum period of overstay is 5 years. I'm not sure which one you should state or whether you should leave it blank. All I can do is provide the info and you can decide. I'm sure others here can also advise.

Thank you sir.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by frontendsoftwar(m): 10:00am On Aug 07, 2019
Nugget1313:

August 10th... Applied in Lagos, paid for courier services and no response, no calls

Did you pay for hotel accommodation?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 12:56pm On Aug 07, 2019
TYPOP:

I already responded to the initial clarification bro (my initial response below).

I heard of it from Nigerians (at least 5 of them showing me the video) and telling me it was by Nigerians. I had no reason to disbelieve them since they are more present online on social media than I am. When I gave them the feedback yesterday that it might not have been Nigerians, they initially told me that ENCA keeps reporting foreign nationals in their news up until yesterday. Of course, they agree now it was most likely not Nigerians.

I try my best to give accurate info as I have it and also state when I'm not sure of the info. I'm not one to dish out info with triviality, by now you of all people should know that. I had accepted corrections immediately when corrected. Your reply would have been great without the part.

Even now the info is unclear. You said Somalians/Ethiopians. Damimubo said they were South Africans. What we know for a fact was that raids were carried out in downtown Jozi over that weekend and foreign nationals without valid documents on them were rounded up (rightfully so).

Thanks for your correction though, I appreciate it.
well said it was all about raiding of shops
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2019
maximum 10 working days from the day received by Department of Home Affairs
osinawanta:

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lukgaf(m): 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2019
Diamond1960:
maximum 10 working days from the day received by Department of Home Affairs

It is not true. I applied recently...
I have friends that did apply too
It is minimum of 6-8weeks (takes 2 or 3 days to be received by DHA)

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by osinawanta(m): 6:27pm On Aug 07, 2019
I applied on the 2nd of August and and on the 5th I got sms that it has been received in DHA...I pray it turns out positive for me

It is not true. I applied recently...
I have friends that did apply too
It is minimum of 6-8weeks (takes 2 or 3 days to be received by DHA)[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adeney93: 7:35pm On Aug 07, 2019
Is there anything called Back Dating South African Visa?? Need a sincere answer please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Barnz09: 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2019
Good evening friends. This thread has really been helpful. Please guys, what's really happening at the South African embassy. Especially for study visa. Mine has been 5 months!!! Please who has recently gotten theirs?

(1) (2) (3) ... (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) ... (913) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.