Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,034 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:49 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (561) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1708469 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Viquetohr: 5:20pm On Aug 08, 2019
Via email and SMS. Passport ready for collection.
cdokoh:
And please how were you contacted? And the content of the message... Just asking so I'll know when I'm contacted what to expect. Thanks a lot.

And please I advise that you get appropriate info concerning your application before reapplying.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
Viquetohr:
Having the money transferred into my own account shouldn't be the evidence of continued sponsorship, as there's a possibility that the money can be tampered with soon after. That evidence could only be confirmed at the Airport Point of Entry.

Restricted:

It should not but look at these 2 scenarios and tell me which you think is more logical and probably acceptable to a VO....

1. I said i am your sponsor and gave you my bank statement to show i have the money to sponsor you.

2. I said i am your sponsor and i trust you enough to send MY money into YOUR account to PROVE i am actually sponsoring you.

Like i said, i might be wrong.

The first one is more convincing while the second one will complicate the application process more. The second scenario would imply a lump sum in the applicants account which SA embassy frowns against. The first option has always been acceptable. There could be other factors in the letter of sponsorship that may have warranted the denial.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:36pm On Aug 08, 2019
chibu234:
Good Day all, i tried to summit my documents for critical skills visa today at VFS Abj, and was told i needed employment letter from an employer in SA. I argued that it doesnt say so in the requirements online, but my application documents was returned back to me. I want to enquire if its a new regulation for issue of CSV?.
Thanks

Restricted:

Ordinarily you do not need an employment letter from an employer in SA to apply for CSV for a one year visa. Employment letter is only required for a 5 years CSV. As long as you have the necessary skills or qualifications required http://www.dha.gov.za/images/immigration_critical_skills.pdf

I really dont know why they didnt allow you submit your application. Atleast they will collect their own money and leave you with the Embassy to decide whether you qualify or not.

You have a right to submit any document you want to submit as it is. They simply need to give you a form and tick on that form whatever is missing, then you sign that form. I know VFS in South Africa outrightly refuses to accept submissions in some cases though.

Employment letter is not a prerequisite. You should have insisted you wanted to submit like that.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
Viquetohr:
Having provided every required sponsorship document for my study visa, I got denied stating that "no evidence that the sponsor will continue to support".
Please help demystify that statement.
Restricted:

It should not but look at these 2 scenarios and tell me which you think is more logical and probably acceptable to a VO....
1. I said i am your sponsor and gave you my bank statement to show i have the money to sponsor you.
2. I said i am your sponsor and i trust you enough to send MY money into YOUR account to PROVE i am actually sponsoring you.
Like i said, i might be wrong.

Having the money transferred or not should not be a determinant. There may be other factors at play:

1. Checking the account history and not being convinced that there will be enough money to support the student throughout the study period
2. Trying to contact the sponsor and not being able to get through
3. The wordings on the sponsorship letter not articulating clearly full support for the learner
4. The VO waking on the wrong side of the bed
5. Just looking for any reason to deny
6. Any other reason imaginable

Look at the ones within your power to amend and do that (e.g. the sponsor's letter, the sponsor picking any calls {and not only stored numbers} when your application is still on). After that, leave the rest to God.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
We will help each other and those coming behind if we endeavour to share our profile either denied or approved.

Some persons here really knows how to arrange/selecte suitable documents depending on the category of visa you are applying for.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jadesolami2019: 8:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
Hello people.

I need help here, please.

I submitted my application for Visa to attend a conference slated for 18th September in J’burg. Tried to submit on 27/6 before getting the shocker of picking an appointment date for submission. Was given 15/07 to submit and of course, still waiting for response.

Meanwhile, I’m to travel with bosses at work for another conference starting 22/09. I was hoping passport would be out by now. Bosses are now asking that I submit application for Visa for the 22/9 trip. I can’t declare that I applied to SA cos it’s unofficial.

Solution now it for me to withdraw my application as I can’t handle their suspense any longer. I understand from their website it takes at least two days to withdraw upon submitting form stating reasons.

Question is: if application for Visa has no methodology to it, Is the withdrawal process at least organized? Has any body here gone though withdrawal? What was your experience please? How many days did it take?

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DoubleGiant: 1:12am On Aug 09, 2019
Viquetohr:
Via email and SMS. Passport ready for collection.
what of if you appeal ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DoubleGiant: 1:22am On Aug 09, 2019
which one is better, to appeal a denied visa decision or to reapply?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 1:29am On Aug 09, 2019
DoubleGiant:

Re apply
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DoubleGiant: 1:32am On Aug 09, 2019
andrew444:

Re apply
For a study visa?.. what of the medical insurance paid for?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 1:34am On Aug 09, 2019
DoubleGiant:

For a study visa?.. what of the medical insurance paid for?

Sorry i was thinking its a visit visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Damimubo: 7:23am On Aug 09, 2019
Plz house if am reapplying for a visit Visa should I include a letter stating that have made all necessary corrections/ amendments where necessary ( on my previous application). Is there need for the letter?. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 09, 2019
Applied since June for tourist visa. Has anyone who applied in June received theirs? The long wait is starting to bother me �
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jadesolami2019: 7:49am On Aug 09, 2019
Please house. Has anyone withdrawn or know some that withdrew their application? I know the VFS website says minimum of 2 days. Was this your experience, please.

I Need the information please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nugget1313: 7:56am On Aug 09, 2019
Yanka22:
Applied since June for tourist visa. Has anyone who applied in June received theirs? The long wait is starting to bother me �

Waiting Too!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 09, 2019
Same here.I applied on june 17 but nothing yet.
Yanka22:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nugget1313: 8:56am On Aug 09, 2019
babae2009:
Same here.I applied on june 17 but nothing yet.

June 18! What are you suggesting it doesn’t look like something is going to happen soon if we don’t request to know what is going on in VFS.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 09, 2019
Nugget1313:

June 18! What are you suggesting it doesn’t look like something is going to happen soon if we don’t request to know what is going on in VFS.

I think it's the SA embassy and not VFS. But I plan on giving them a call today
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nugget1313: 10:27am On Aug 09, 2019
Yanka22:

I think it's the SA embassy and not VFS. But I plan on giving them a call today

While I’m thinking of sending email. Kindly share the contacts you have so I can call too.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Crews: 10:35am On Aug 09, 2019
jadesolami2019:
Please house. Has anyone withdrawn or know some that withdrew their application? I know the VFS website says minimum of 2 days. Was this your experience, please.

I Need the information please.

Yes, I did it and got my passport next day. It was really annoying as they held on to my passport for four months in the name of visa processing.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 09, 2019
Yes,this is really frustrating.
Nugget1313:

While I’m thinking of sending email. Kindly share the contacts you have so I can call too.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Barnz09: 11:15am On Aug 09, 2019
Sorry to bother you. Does this mean you have gotten a response on your study visa? And if yes, please when did you apply?
Thanks.

DoubleGiant:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jadesolami2019: 12:57pm On Aug 09, 2019
Crews:

Yes, I did it and got my passport next day. It was really annoying as they held on to my passport for four months in the name of visa processing.

Thank you for your response. I would submit the letter next week DV. Honestly, I can’t keep up any longer with the suspense and have high BP over SA Visa. I concede all the wasted efforts, time and money to them. I hope others get lucky.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Byefelicia: 3:27pm On Aug 09, 2019
Hello everyone, for someone who is applying for the first time .. how many entries are you supposed to ask for please. Because there’s a slot for that .

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timaji2003: 3:59pm On Aug 09, 2019
I waited for over 6 months(l mean more than half of a year ) for study visa at Abuja embassy.It was denied based on no response from the school despite the fact that my school admission office has been writing the consular on the cause of the delay.The admission office forwarded the letter which l printed and personally took to the embassy in Abuja alongside my bursary confirmation.l believe closing their gate means there is a better gate ahead.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by easyxtan: 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2019
Yanka22:

My friend applied June 23, they both of us are travelling together. He just got his approve visa today and it was Issued yesterday. Remember I mention Access bank Headquarter called him to confirm if he submitted his statement to SA embassy, it was then I knew they have started processing his application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 09, 2019
easyxtan:

My friend applied June 23, they both of us are travelling together. He just got his approve visa today and it was Issued yesterday. Remember I mention Access bank Headquarter called him to confirm if he submitted his statement to SA embassy, it was then I knew they have started processing his application.
Congratulations to your friend. I applied on the 19th, haven't gotten any call from anyone. Just keeping my fingers crossed. I've gotten the visa. I really need this vacation. Speaking it into existence
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Byefelicia: 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2019
[quote author=femiaction post=81100811][/quote]the link is broken is not opening
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Byefelicia: 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2019
[quote author=femiaction post=81100811][/quote]

The link is broken is not opening
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lukgaf(m): 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2019
I don't even understand why SA embassies in Nigeria hold passport for long in d name of visa processing. If you apply from South Africa , you won't submit your passport. They will seal the visa on your passport at your presence when the decision is ready.

(1) (2) (3) ... (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) ... (912) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.