Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1725930 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Favour999: 5:32pm On Aug 29, 2019
PhD
taiwosmith03 post: Masters or PhD please?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Favour999: 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2019
Lagos
blaise00700:

Congratulations!!! Your name is favour and you are highly favoured.

By the way, is it Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Favour999: 7:40pm On Aug 29, 2019
I am happy I made it because some of the staff of VFS are devil incarnate. Imagine one of the attendant called Racheal doubting my admission letter, saying the admission letter did indicate resumption date . I tried everything to explain to her that I am a PhD student and I can resume anytime. On the basis she almost refuse that application and after a while she insisted I must filled a waiver form in which she implicated my application on the missing resumption date on the letter. As if that was not enough she also wanted to add to my problem by pointing out that sponsor identity lack credibility. I had to be violent by calling the attention of one of the supervisor on duty who by divine intervention restrain her from adding the identity issue to the waiver form.
Implication of her action
The consular had to write the school on the authenticity of the admission letter. The school defended the admission letter as authentic. Imagine the soisidant professional Racheal who claimed to be vast in knowing how genuine admission letter should be worded. If not for God intervention, my visa application would have been denied. Thank you Jesus

also which quote author=Favour999 post=81721988]All shall be well. Victory at last
Study permit granted
Submitted: May 17 2019
Granted : August 27 2019
Collected: August 29 2019

Against all odds. Jesus did it.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2019
@favor999This silly VFS officials forget that their job is not more than DHL delivery officers. Theirs is to deliver to SA Embassies but trust Nigerians to overdo things. I have several complaints about them & I have also experienced my share. Nonsense
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timaji2003: 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2019
Will l book before submitting visa application at vfs Lagos?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Drhay: 8:59am On Aug 30, 2019
Hello everyone.. Please I'm new here , I want to ask what's the requirement for visiting SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 9:19am On Aug 30, 2019
Drhay:
Hello everyone.. Please I'm new here , I want to ask what's the requirement for visiting SA

That's why it's a thread. Try to read previous posts on the thread then ask questions that are not answered.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 9:26am On Aug 30, 2019
Urgent answer needed. Who should the letter of sponsorship be addressed to? And what is the complete address for both Lagos and Abuja as for all other letters. Please someone should help asap as google search is even confusing me right now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 11:32am On Aug 30, 2019
yacha77:
Urgent answer needed. Who should the letter of sponsorship be addressed to? And what is the complete address for both Lagos and Abuja as for all other letters. Please someone should help asap as google search is even confusing me right now.
It depends. It can be addressed to you or to the embassy. I suggest you use the embassy. The letter must then be worded appropriately.

If addressing to the embassy, use this (of course, you can change the Abuja to Lagos):

The Consular General,
South African High Commission,
Abuja,
Nigeria.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 11:41am On Aug 30, 2019
timaji2003:
Will l book before submitting visa application at vfs Lagos?

Updates on submissions in Lagos.

VFS Lagos is confused presently and are trying various systems. Therefore, this may not work in the next few weeks. However, it was what happened last week.

* Go to the embassy as early as you can. Please go much before 6am if you can.
* There will be people (majorly touts) issuing numbers (even if you get there at 4am). Get a number and wait around there. This includes if you have an appointment or not. Even if your appointment is for 2pm, please get there before 7:00am.
* Around 7:30, the gate will be opened and everyone will be ushered in. The gate will then be locked. That is it for that day. Nobody that comes after that will be allowed in.
* Once inside, all the applicants will be divided into 3 viz: i) those with appointments, ii) those without appointments but applying for long term visas/important things (conferences, study visas, business visas e.t.c) iii) those travelling for leisure or visits.
* Numbers will be given to everyone in category i. They will surely be assisted. The number will be counted.
* Numbers will likely be given to everyone in category ii. They will surely be assisted. The number will also be counted.
* The remaining will now be on first come first served basis. They were to attend to 150 applicants so the spill-over from Category i & ii will be counted to get to the 150. Once at 150, all the others will be sent out and told to come back another day.

Again, this may change in the next few days. Anyone with updated info should please keep us updated.

Cheers and all the best.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bab007: 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2019
Please I want to know how long it will take me to have back my passport if i withdraw my application.I also want to know how i can withdraw the application,in the quickest possible means.I can't wait any longer.It is Two months and Two weeks since i applied for a tourist visa and i've not received any response till now
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bab007: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
I don't Know if this is just a coincidence.Just about 30 minutes after posting this,I received a message on my phone that my passport is available for collection. Now,i just hope the visa is issued,this time cos i've been denied once,before i reapplied.
bab007:
Please I want to know how long it will take me to have back my passport if i withdraw my application.I also want to know how i can withdraw the application,in the quickest possible means.I can't wait any longer.It is Two months and Two weeks since i applied for a tourist visa and i've not received any response till now

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
bab007:
I don't Know if this is just a coincidence.Just about 30 minutes after posting this,I received a message on my phone that my passport is available for collection. Now,i just hope the visa is issued,this time cos i've been denied once,before i reapplied.

All the best my brother
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOLDD: 1:31pm On Sep 01, 2019
I submitted my application on Friday...thanks to all for their assistance most especially TYPOP.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2019
All the best, it will end in praise, submitting mine this Thursday. How did it go on Friday?
BOLDD:
I submitted my application on Friday...thanks to all for their assistance most especially TYPOP.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOLDD: 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2019
dre44k:
All the best, it will end in praise, submitting mine this Thursday. How did it go on Friday?
I submitted at vfs Abuja....everything went smoothly...fingers crossed....when did you submit?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 2:49am On Sep 02, 2019
Okay, am submitting this Thursday.
BOLDD:

I submitted at vfs Abuja....everything went smoothly...fingers crossed....when did you submit?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by BOLDD: 10:36am On Sep 02, 2019
dre44k:
Hope you hVe all you need?? Feel free to ask question.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akindele214(m): 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2019
dre44k:
Chief if you're applying for study permit at Abuja please go with a quotation from your school
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2019
No, am applying in Lagos for Visit Visa, thanks.
akindele214:

Chief if you're applying for study permit at Abuja please go with a quotation from your school
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2019
Can i have your contact please??
BOLDD:

Hope you hVe all you need?? Feel free to ask question.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by CaptainDee: 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2019
Good day guys. My course in SA is 2 years, is it compulsory I book a return flight before going to submit at vfs, coz it seems I can't book two years in advance here.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 2:35pm On Sep 02, 2019
CaptainDee:
Good day guys. My course in SA is 2 years, is it compulsory I book a return flight before going to submit at vfs, coz it seems I can't book two years in advance here.

Please check https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/69#19896643.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Fekonzy: 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
Please anyone presently in, going to North West university Potchefstroom campus? I need to get some information about accommodation and it is very urgent.

Please help
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hillybankz(m): 6:33pm On Sep 02, 2019
Pls I submitted my application since June 28 and up til now.. I have not heard from them.. Pls how do I go about it to get my passport back
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hillybankz(m): 6:49pm On Sep 02, 2019
[quote author=Jonesjoe post=81252033]
I applied for a tourist visa on the 15th of July at the VFs center in Lagos and yet to get a response even up till now . Pls has anyone who applied in July gotten a feedback from them
I applied since June 28 in Lagos.. Am yet to hear from them too
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by CaptainDee: 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2019
TYPOP:

Please check https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/69#19896643.

Cheers and all the best.

Thanks. But I can't seem to book 2 years ahead. I can only do a year max.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2019
CaptainDee:

You don't need a return ticket for a student visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:53pm On Sep 02, 2019
CaptainDee:

Book a return ticket for anytime. The dates don't matter like Geenosko said. 6 months, 9 months, 11 months, no qualms.

Cheers and all the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DoubleGiant: 10:37pm On Sep 02, 2019
akindele214:

Please what does a quotation from the school looks like?..
is it part of the admission letter?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DoubleGiant: 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2019
please anyone with a sample of school fees quotation?.. Please oo.. Let me see what it looks like..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geloorrrrdd(m): 8:31am On Sep 03, 2019
Lol. So you guys still want to risk your lives to go to South Africa even after all these xenophobic attacks? Does it worth it? Nawa o.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.