Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (575) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726846 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mklg: 12:32pm On Oct 04, 2019
yacha77:
I am going to a flight school not a university. Also my passport will expire 27 days after end of Intended stay. Will that be a problem seeing as my passport is still valid for over 2 years.

Which aviation school are u going to? I am at madiba bay school of flight
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sircreeden(m): 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2019
Samtoog:

Hello,
I have followed your story, you have a valid reason. I’ll advise you email the director general of home affairs in South Africa. In May, I applied for a relative visa for my wife and after waiting for 14 weeks, there was no response. I emailed him and by the next day, my wife received a call from the embassy. By the he next week, her visa was issued. Find attached the DG’s response. Any other person with a similar story can write any of the contacts on copied. All the best

Thanks I emailed the 3 of them mine is relative visa applied since Jan 30th 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Battywonder(m): 6:01pm On Oct 04, 2019
cucumbar:
Please, how is the tourist visa like? Am I allowed to travel within a specified period or I would be given a specific date which I must enter their country?

It would be specified on your visa a date which you should travel on or before and maximum duration of stay there.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by taiwosmith03(f): 6:03pm On Oct 04, 2019
Samtoog:

Hello,
I have followed your story, you have a valid reason. I’ll advise you email the director general of home affairs in South Africa. In May, I applied for a relative visa for my wife and after waiting for 14 weeks, there was no response. I emailed him and by the next day, my wife received a call from the embassy. By the he next week, her visa was issued. Find attached the DG’s response. Any other person with a similar story can write any of the contacts on copied. All the best
Thank you. I will do just that. Although I have been sending mails to DHA since june and i have always gotten response. Infact a file was opened for my case. I hope they do something this time. It is long overdue.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hillybankz(m): 6:27pm On Oct 04, 2019
[quote author=Sircreeden post=82831420]

Thanks I emailed the 3 of them mine is relative visa applied since Jan 30th 2019
Pls what is the email address of south African home affairs.. I need to Email them because I applied since june 28 for a tourist visa.. Am yet to hear from them
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 8:13pm On Oct 04, 2019
Esteem landers ! i have a master admission for 2020 ! please how do i go about the legalization the my degree certificate ! who will do it a public notary , court or embassy ?... and how much is okay for sponsor statement of account ? thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 1:44am On Oct 05, 2019
padyt007:
[/quote]
[quote author=CaptainDee post=82818134]
I don't know about your Flight School, but most Flight Schools in SA don't require any school certificate to apply for training as long as you meet the age requirement. So, you don't need to notarize or certify any certificate, transcript or any document for that matter, as you won't be needing them for visa application, unless you are below 18, then your birth certificate has to be.
I also applied for a study visa for flight training 4 weeks ago. I did submit my university certificate and NYSC certificate along, even though I didn't use them in the admission process. And no, they weren't notarized or certified. Cheers

While I agree with CaptainDee about your certificates not being needed (I don't know how flight schools operate), I'll still advise you certify your academic certificates if you will include them. This is to be on the safer side as you don't know the VO that will attend to you and you will be better for it if the VO is looking for such documents and finds them.

The other alternative is to clearly indicate in your letter of self introduction that you didn't include your academic certificates since they are not a requirement for your admission process.

Cheers and all the best.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 1:49am On Oct 05, 2019
padyt007:
Esteem landers ! i have a master admission for 2030 ! please how do i go about the legalization the my degree certificate ! who will do it a public notary , court or embassy ?... and how much is okay for sponsor statement of account ? thanks

Are you sure about the date?

I assume you mean 2020. Please check this post for clarification on certification https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/65#19440619.

It is difficult to put a figure to the sponsor's statement of account. This is because sometimes, flow of cash may allow someone with little balance presently to be looked at favourably while someone with a less cash flow may need some higher amount of money. How much does your sponsor have in the account? I think that will be a better way to look at this.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 1:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
Battywonder:

It would be specified on your visa a date which you should travel on or before and maximum duration of stay there.
okay, thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2019
mklg:

Which aviation school are u going to? I am at madiba bay school of flight
same as you bro. What is it like over there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
TYPOP:

Are you sure about the date?

I assume you mean 2020. Please check this post for clarification on certification https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/65#19440619.

It is difficult to put a figure to the sponsor's statement of account. This is because sometimes, flow of cash may allow someone with little balance presently to be looked at favourably while someone with a less cash flow may need some higher amount of money. How much does your sponsor have in the account? I think that will be a better way to look at this.

Cheers and all the best.

Thanks about the information ! please any idea of cost of notarizing a document ! and do i need to notarize every document(eg. copy of my passport,n likes) dat i will submit for student visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 2:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
TYPOP:

While I agree with CaptainDee about your certificates not being needed (I don't know how flight schools operate), I'll still advise you certify your academic certificates if you will include them. This is to be on the safer side as you don't know the VO that will attend to you and you will be better for it if the VO is looking for such documents and finds them.

The other alternative is to clearly indicate in your letter of self introduction that you didn't include your academic certificates since they are not a requirement for your admission process.

Cheers and all the best.
Thanks and noted. Will do the needful because I dont have time to certify them. But just in case can you tell me how its done?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:20am On Oct 07, 2019
padyt007:

Thanks about the information ! please any idea of cost of notarizing a document ! and do i need to notarize every document(eg. copy of my passport,n likes) dat i will submit for student visa

Hi sir/ma'am.

Did you actually read this post? https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/573#82803662
You are not notarizing! You are certifying your documents.

You only need to certify your academic certificates.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:23am On Oct 07, 2019
yacha77:
Thanks and noted. Will do the needful because I dont have time to certify them. But just in case can you tell me how its done?

Please check this link https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/65#19440619

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 10:59am On Oct 07, 2019
TYPOP:

Hi sir/ma'am.

Did you actually read this post? https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/573#82803662
You are not notarizing! You are certifying your documents.

You only need to certify your academic certificates.
Certified True copy only my degree certificate and wassce certificate .. pls i have Statement of result as my degree certificate is not out, can i use the SOR for Certified True Copy .and ..how do i go about it the process of the Certification.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 11:03am On Oct 07, 2019
TYPOP:

Please check this link https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/65#19440619

Cheers and all the best.
Please make a photocopy of the document. Then go to any high court (the one in your town is fine) and tell them you want to certify the document. They will put a stamp on your document. The stamp depends on where you get this done. However, the essence of the document will be Certified True Copy. Some may put a seal on the document, some won't. It doesn't matter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by davidaanu: 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2019
Please, can you share me your contact (phone number or mail)? I need to make an enquiry from you. Thanks you
MarcusO:

I was granted 7 days.

It's an expense paid trip for a 4-day conference.
Though I still had to submit my bank statement.

I'm an undergraduate, so you can guess the range of my bank balance. Lol.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by EmmanuelR78: 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
Hello people.. I was granted south African visitors visa since September. This is actually not my first time visiting RSA. Please who is in south Africa right now?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 5:08pm On Oct 07, 2019
Please, what’s the modus oparandi in VSF Lagos presently? Can I go anytime and submit?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 5:18pm On Oct 07, 2019
EmmanuelR78:
Hello people.. I was granted south African visitors visa since September. This is actually not my first time visiting RSA. Please who is in south Africa right now?
since September, and you have not traveled? Just curious...do they give a wide period within which you can travel?

Please, how do I make hotel reservations? Can you give me a link to a hotel?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Restricted: 6:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
cucumbar:
since September, and you have not traveled? Just curious...do they give a wide period within which you can travel?

Please, how do I make hotel reservations? Can you give me a link to a hotel?

LOL. The last time i checked, september was 7days ago. His visa will most likely have 3months validity with a condition of how many days max he can use on each visit. As for hotel, you can use hotel.com. Filter by "No prepayment and free cancellation."

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2019
Restricted:

LOL. The last time i checked, september was 7days ago. His visa will most likely have 3months validity with a condition of how many days max he can use on each visit. As for hotel, you can use hotel.com. Filter by "No prepayment and free cancellation."
I heard they don’t accept those reservations from hotels.com and the likes. They want reservations from the hotels directly.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by EmmanuelR78: 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2019
Restricted:

Correct.. Thanks for the reply..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by EmmanuelR78: 9:06pm On Oct 07, 2019
Besides still looking for someone in SA right now tho
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 7:57am On Oct 08, 2019
Please i need the email you used in mailing them. Thanks
Becks27:
Hi thanks I did as you advice ,I got a response form one of them but am worried if the response was my interview below is the response I got
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 08, 2019
Good morning house, please I need help on how to contact the high commissioner to release my passport. I applied since June 5th yet no response. Pls any email address or phone number to reach them?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 9:05am On Oct 08, 2019
Strongmercy123:
Good morning house, please I need help on how to contact the high commissioner to release my passport. I applied since June 5th yet no response. Pls any email address or phone number to reach them?

Since June 5th? What is happening? Even US does not take this long.

What did you apply for?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2019
Please, I need help on how to make reservations directly, not through booking.com or hotel. Com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Becks27: 10:32am On Oct 08, 2019
dre44k:
Please i need the email you used in mailing them. Thanks
. veronica.loving@dha.gov
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by taiwosmith03(f): 10:46am On Oct 08, 2019
Samtoog:

Hello,
Kindly help with the emails. I can't find the attached. Thanks a lot.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Becks27: 11:19am On Oct 08, 2019
Incandescent:

What did you apply for?
June 5 was a public holiday
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 08, 2019
Incandescent:

What did you apply for?
I applied for visiting visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 080bjaked(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.