Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,506 members, 7,781,555 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:57 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (577) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1708669 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 9:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
dre44k:
I was at VFS Lagos today for submission and i didn’t spend up to 2hrs to submit my application. Though my submission ticket is No. XX and I met few peeps there too, but the process was fast.

Yea it has been very fast of late. Can you please remove your ticket number.

It's not like anything is wrong but try to reveal less on the internet
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
Done, thanks
Incandescent:

Yea it has been very fast of late. Can you please remove your ticket number.

It's not like anything is wrong but try to reveal less on the internet

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Blige88: 10:35pm On Oct 10, 2019
Sorry for the late response. The email is Veronica dot Loving at dha dot gov dot za

I hope you get the email format. I applied in May and my study permit was issued in two days.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ashirioluwa: 2:57am On Oct 11, 2019
I don't know that people still go to this shithole country. SA people hate Nigerians
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:26am On Oct 11, 2019
Shoyomi:

Hello,
Thank you for your response. Was at the VFS office today, it cost approximately N34k.
Please another question, how can i certify my Marriage Certificate in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Abuja? I was told to go to Abuja but i reside in Lagos. (2) How can i get a medical aid for study in SA for 12 months?
Thank you.

Go to the momentum website and complete the online form. You will get to the payment page. Pay with your card and your medical aid certificate will be emailed to you. Here is the link https://mmsa.momentum.co.za/mmsa/infocentre/studentapp.jsp

I think you have to go to Abuja. I have heard someone here say it can be done elsewhere but I am not too sure of that. Please go back about 10 pages or so and search, you may find the person's response there.

If you opt to go to Abuja, there are touts/agents who will attempt to 'assist' you there at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It should be done in a day.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 8:22am On Oct 11, 2019
@TYPOP

Thanks for all the good work here.
I regard you specially
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 9:17am On Oct 11, 2019
dre44k:
I was at VFS Lagos today for submission and i didn’t spend up to 2hrs to submit my application. I met few peeps there too, but the process was fast.
that’s good news. I’m submitting next week Tuesday. Please was it tourist visa? How did you make hotel reservations?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:28am On Oct 11, 2019
Geenosko:
@TYPOP
Thanks for all the good work here.
I regard you specially
So kind of you, thank you sir.

I am simply giving back since I was also helped here.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 9:28am On Oct 11, 2019
Someone should please help me on how to make a hotel reservation directly. I hear they don't accept reservations from third parties like bookings.com and hotels.com any longer.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:29am On Oct 11, 2019
cucumbar:
Someone should please help me on how to make a hotel reservation directly. I hear they don't accept reservations from third parties like bookings.com and hotels.com any longer.

Where are you going in SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 9:34am On Oct 11, 2019
Yes it’s Tourist Visa, just package your documents very well so you won’t have to spend extra money when you get there. I spent 500 for two copies of A4 colour print out.E pain me die
cucumbar:
that’s good news. I’m submitting next week Tuesday. Please was it tourist visa? How did you make hotel reservations?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 9:38am On Oct 11, 2019
This is what I normally do, make my reservation on Booking.com, after doing that I will add the hotel number on whatsapp then chat them up to make a reservation for me with my details on their letterhead, and forward to my mail. But remember to tell them the Embassy don’t accept third party booking...
cucumbar:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 10:35am On Oct 11, 2019
TYPOP:

Where are you going in SA?
I want to visit capetown.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 10:37am On Oct 11, 2019
dre44k:
This is what I normally do, make my reservation on Booking.com, after doing that I will add the hotel number on whatsapp then chat them up to make a reservation for me with my details on their letterhead, and forward to my mail. But remember to tell them the Embassy don’t accept third party booking...
ok, when you make reservations through booking.com, they make the hotel number available to you?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2019
Yes boss
cucumbar:
ok, when you make reservations through booking.com, they make the hotel number available to you?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lukgaf(m): 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
How much do they do the reservation for u?
dre44k:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by blaise00700(m): 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2019
Becks27:
where and when did you summit Sir?

Submitted in Abuja on the 14th of June, it was a relative visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by EmmanuelR78: 5:13am On Oct 12, 2019
cucumbar:
I want to visit capetown.

Me too oo
I've gotten my visa since mid September
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 7:57am On Oct 12, 2019
How long did it take
EmmanuelR78:

Me too oo
I've gotten my visa since mid September
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by EmmanuelR78: 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2019
dre44k:
How long did it take

Just 14 working days
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 7:46pm On Oct 12, 2019
Nice!!! Is your travel date due?
EmmanuelR78:

Just 14 working days
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hillybankz(m): 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2019
dre44k:
Nice!!! Is your travel date due?
Why is my own delaying.. I submitted since june..
Up till now.. I hv nt heard from them.
Yet ppl are applying nd gettin their visas on a daily.
Wt will I do pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2019
Please is there Anyone that applied to UFS for masters degree for 2020 session or another university And has gotten admission letter
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2019
Pls for Lagos center, how many months bank statement of Account do they use
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ejiod(m): 9:17pm On Oct 12, 2019
Please house how do I get my passport back. I'm scheduled to be in SA by next week for a conference but these guys haven't issued me my Visa.. I don't want again because I need to apply for Canadian Visa next month.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 9:21pm On Oct 12, 2019
3 months
bibike123:
Pls for Lagos center, how many months bank statement of Account do they use
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 9:03am On Oct 13, 2019
adespecial:
Please is there Anyone that applied to UFS for masters degree for 2020 session or another university And has gotten admission letter
i applied to VUT !!i was told by my supervisor the admission officer is on leave n she will resume Monday (Tomorrow) am yet to receive d admission letter ... any other school .. Hope the admission can be fast as we can’t predict VFS
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Becks27: 3:07pm On Oct 13, 2019
Hillybankz:

Why is my own delaying.. I submitted since june..
Up till now.. I hv nt heard from them.
Yet ppl are applying nd gettin their visas on a daily.
Wt will I do pls
don't wait for vfs to send you message ,track your application online,you can also write to veronica.loving@dha.gov ,I also summited in June at vfs Abuja ,I wrote to that contact above last two weeks ago just track it today discovered that it has been ready for collection since on Friday .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 13, 2019
Becks27:
don't wait for vfs to send you message ,track your application online,you can also write to veronica.loving@dha.gov ,I also summited in June at vfs Abuja ,I wrote to that contact above last two weeks ago just track it today discovered that it has been ready for collection since on Friday .
pls an ideal of what to write? Plssssssssss
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 6:13pm On Oct 13, 2019
Will the embassy accept Airbnb reservations where I have paid part of the accommodation fee?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tolutheo(m): 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2019
Strongmercy123:
pls an ideal of what to write? Plssssssssss
Just a formal email should do, an example is below:

Dear Sir/Ma,

I write to you in regards to my [visa type] visa application which I made through the vfs global, Lagos/Abuja, Nigeria on the [application date]. Till date, the result is not yet out.................................................

My Details are as follows:

Name: ...... [your name]
Passport No: ....[passport no]
Visa Application Ref No: ... [ application reference]

Thank you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) ... (912) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.