Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726517 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by j3log: 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2019
Restricted:

Some people got it in seven working days
I eventually withdrew my application today after 105 days. I dont have time for this nonsense they are doing. I need my passport for other things. I will post my observation much later. I think VFS in collaboration with SA Embassy is playing some pranks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by j3log: 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2019
Restricted:

I eventually withdrew my application today after 105 days. I dont have time for this nonsense they are doing. I need my passport for other things. I will post my observation much later. I think VFS in collaboration with SA Embassy is playing some pranks.

Some people got it in seven working days
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 10:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
oluwasoft:
But few people couple of weeks back got their visa within 2 to 3 weeks
was told it takes longer if you are applying for the first time. I’m wondering if those that got it in 2-3weeks are first time applicants.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 6:34am On Nov 07, 2019
please did anyone apply for study visa of recent ? if yes did you submit an undertaking from your school to the vfs

number 2 on the checklist

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abstract2019: 7:01am On Nov 07, 2019
Restricted:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sosmoney: 12:02pm On Nov 07, 2019
Abstract2019:
To my mind, they are being fraudulent.

Why make money off applicants this way? We paid for a service - its either you grant or refuse. Do not keep us waiting so we withdraw our applications in frustration.

Its plain fraud, really.

They are not fraud bro. It depends on how you arrange your documents and your bank statement must have a reference letter from your bank. I submitted on oct 8 and got mine yesterday. I was expecting my visa to be out within 5 days before but I think it’s due to some delays cos my bank statement is heavy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jonesjoe(m): 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2019
[quote author=sosmoney post=83817904]

They are not fraud bro. It depends on how you arrange your documents and your bank statement must have a reference letter from your bank. I submitted on oct 8 and got mine yesterday. I was expecting my visa to be out within 5 days before but I think it’s due to some delays cos my bank statement is heavy [/quotes

Have yuu been to the country before bro ? Heard people that been dia before gets theirs fast .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abstract2019: 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2019
sosmoney:

They are not fraud bro. It depends on how you arrange your documents and your bank statement must have a reference letter from your bank. I submitted on oct 8 and got mine yesterday. I was expecting my visa to be out within 5 days before but I think it’s due to some delays cos my bank statement is heavy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 6:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
Can one present a letter that you run a mutual fund that can be liquidated at any time as a form of bank statement?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Fasasiidris: 7:13pm On Nov 07, 2019
I applied for vacation visa since August 30. Till now I haven't heard from them, so I sent a mail to the director general 3 days ago and I got a response today.

Dear Colleagues

Kindly find bellow correspondence for your attention.

Client, please note that your enquiry has been referred to Immigration Services for further considerations.

Thanks very much.

Regards
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Restricted: 8:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
sosmoney:

Arrangement of your documents doesnt have anything to do with your visa issuance. Those VFS guys will arrange your documents accordingly anyways. I have 5 previous SA visas and my last visa was in April. I spent just 10days in SA. Why i said something seem fishy is that i submitted the request for passport withdrawal in Monday and my passport was ready for collection on Tuesday. That seem very strange. I doubt if my passport was ever sent to the Embassy to start with. I might be wrong though. I asked the VFS guy why it is taking soo long to process my visa and he said those that submitted around June/July are having issues. When i asked what kindda issue, he said he doesnt know cos the embassy does not relate with them on such matters.

So they practically abandoned the application of those that submitted BEFORE the Xenophobic attack and are treating the application of those that submitted AFTER the attack. That is a very stupid and senseless thing to do. Like i said, something is fishy between the VFS and the Embassy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 08, 2019
Hello all please I got this. Text from vfs

Visa application, tracking ID No. 0000:0000:0000/1012 has been forwarded to the South Africa Visa Application Centre on 2019-11-08 03:55:49 PM GMT Standard Time.

Then I decided to track the application on vfs site
I got something like this

Mandatory *

TRACK YOUR APPLICATION
Reference Number*

Date Of Birth*

Yourr application has been assessed by "The South Africa High Commission,Lagos" and is being returned to the LAGOS.

But then my email said something different

Visa application, tracking ID No. 0000:0000.................... has been forwarded to the South Africa Visa Application Centre, Mumbai on 2019-11-08 03:55:50 PM GMT Standard Time.Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email
Regards,

VFS Global

Any ideas/ experience on this ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2019
To the best of my knowledge, these two statements are saying same thing

Visa application, tracking ID No. 0000:0000:0000/1012 has been forwarded to the South Africa Visa Application Centre on 2019-11-08 03:55:49 PM GMT Standard Time.

AND

Yourr application has been assessed by "The South Africa High Commission,Lagos" and is being returned to the LAGOS.

The mail might be a technical error, because it is saying Mumbai, or did you submit in India.

My advice is, if you paid for courier service, begin tracking the courier.
And if you didn't pay, go to vfs to check for your passport.

Meanwhile pls when did you submit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2019
bibike123:
To the best of my knowledge, these two statements are saying same thing

AND

The mail might be a technical error, because it is saying Mumbai, or did you submit in India.

My advice is, if you paid for courier service, begin tracking the courier.
And if you didn't pay, go to vfs to check for your passport.

Meanwhile pls when did you submit

paid for courier, I submitted at vfs lagos so was surprised seeing vfs India

Submitted July 31st
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by goodguygonebad: 8:53pm On Nov 08, 2019
SirKennie13:
Hello,

please I want to ask if there is/are anyone that applied for UP Commonwealth PhD scholarship this year on this thread and equally applied to University of Pretoria. I need info on that.

Also, If there is anyone waiting for admission in both UKZN and UP. please signify. Thanks

I applied for the UP commonwealth scholarship but I didn't get it.

I am feeling strange why the admission letter is not yet out for this year.

Did you apply for the UP doctoral research bursary?

That's the one I am expecting at the moment.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adeyemi09(m): 7:24am On Nov 09, 2019
pls I'm trying to evaluate my certificate through SAQA since 15 of September and my transit got to them 11 of October till now I could not got tangible response from my friend helping me out over there, a lot is going on in my mind right now. does it take long like this to verify someone result?? or I should just assume I have been duped.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 7:40am On Nov 09, 2019
Adeyemi09:
pls I'm trying to evaluate my certificate through SAQA since 15 of September and my transit got to them 11 of October till now I could not got tangible response from my friend helping me out over there, a lot is going on in my mind right now. does it take long like this to verify someone result?? or I should just assume I have been duped.
!! see Adeyemi ! saqa will notify your school about the transcript and try to confirm what you sent to them and if you school do not respond to saqa on confirmation of certificate and transcript ,saqa won’t complete the verification n evaluation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adeyemi09(m): 7:53am On Nov 09, 2019
padyt007:
!! see Adeyemi ! saqa will notify your school about the transcript and try to confirm what you sent to them and if you school do not respond to saqa on confirmation of certificate and transcript ,saqa won’t complete the verification n evaluation

Thanks, but the transit was sent to SAQA direct from my school.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 8:23am On Nov 09, 2019
Adeyemi09:

Thanks, but the transit was sent to SAQA direct from my school.
it doesn’t matter !! i know saqa will mail the registrar of you school through official channel .. because they believe is you that sent the transcript with ur certificate thar you certified or notarized ...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adeyemi09(m): 12:53pm On Nov 09, 2019
padyt007:
it doesn’t matter !! i know saqa will mail the registrar of you school through official channel .. because they believe is you that sent the transcript with ur certificate thar you certified or notarized ...

OK Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by CaptainDee: 5:18am On Nov 10, 2019
SkydaDGreat:
paid for courier, I submitted at vfs lagos so was surprised seeing vfs India

Submitted July 31st

Please, which visa category did you apply for?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 9:59am On Nov 10, 2019
Hillybankz:
I have applied fr south African visa twice and was denied twice.. So I applied to malawi visa nd I was granted visa. Pls wt is the shortest route to enta south Africa wen I gt to malawi.. I will be travellin to malawi on Wednesday..
No insults pls

Advice for free.
Life is hard in SA as an illegal immigrant because its obvious that you are trying to sneak into SA.
A word is enough for the wise.
FYI, there's no short route to SA from Malawi
Be guided.

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hillybankz(m): 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2019
Geenosko:

Advice for free.
Life is hard in SA as an illegal immigrant because its obvious that you are trying to sneak into SA.
A word is enough for the wise.
FYI, there's no short route to SA from Malawi
Be guided.
Tnx for d advise bt I am cumin to meet my snr brother.. So he say wen I enta we will regularise every tin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayomide8990(m): 12:52pm On Nov 10, 2019
Hillybankz:

Tnx for d advise bt I am cumin to meet my snr brother.. So he say wen I enta we will regularise every tin
Op,I wish you success.
Op.if he work abeg let me know.
Because my relative Visa was deny too.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 1:06pm On Nov 10, 2019
Hillybankz:

Doesn't this tell you that something is not already wrong? Sneak in and regularise "everything"

Anyway "Beuna suerte"
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hillybankz(m): 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2019
Geenosko:

Doesn't this tell you that something is not already wrong? Sneak in and regularise "everything"

Anyway "Beuna suerte"

Tnx bro... Let me jst give it a trial.. If it work for me, fyn... If it doesn't work. Is stil ok bt our intentions is to gt a me a permit dt will allow me to apply to Australia from south Africa..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 6:09pm On Nov 10, 2019
Dear Gurus,

I recently got SA study permit so I am thinking of relocating with my family. Please can anyone help us certify our children birth and marriage certificates at Ministry of foreign affairs Abuja. Or can I do it in Lagos?

Please also help with the type of visa to apply for and require documents to submit.

Please help.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.