Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726658 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kizonero(m): 10:36am On Jan 22, 2020
OK bro

How much can I get ther tourist visa?

And what is the accommodation like, the cheapest.

What is the requirements for the visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lionessza6(f): 12:48pm On Jan 22, 2020
morpheus24:

Hey, Lionessza6 I know say your face ugly reach like that. ****SHAME*** in south African accent.

LOL, ok.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by auschris: 5:18pm On Jan 22, 2020
What kind of visa should someone that intends to write an international certification exam in SA apply for?

What are the steps involved in applying for the visa (including cost, documents and duration)?
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 5:39pm On Jan 22, 2020
Great Gurus of this forum and Sa unit : guys i need ur help urgently!! I applied for Study visa on 25th November last year !! But the registration of my school closes By January , so SirKennie13 sent me this email address Veronica.loving@dha.gov.za .. but I don’t know what to type in the mail as subject and body of message!! Pls help out with what should be in the mail to this Veronica.loving@dha.gov.za .. thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:12pm On Jan 22, 2020
tataiwo09:
Good morning everyone here.

Please i need urgent responses.

To those who applied for student visa at lagos recently.

Please is it expedient to certify all certificates at ministry of education at Abuja?

Somebody told me to do it, so i sent my certificates to a friend in Abuja. Unfortunately, they didnt certify it because the guy does not bear same surname with me.

My 2nd question is: if that did not work, can notarizing the certificates be a good alternative, so as to avoid travelling cost and risk.

Thanks in advance for your response
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2020
padyt007:
Great Gurus of this forum and Sa unit : guys i need ur help urgently!! I applied for Study visa on 25th November last year !! But the registration of my school closes By January , so SirKennie13 sent me this email address Veronica.loving@dha.gov.za .. but I don’t know what to type in the mail as subject and body of message!! Pls help out with what should be in the mail to this Veronica.loving@dha.gov.za .. thanks

Is this sorted? If not, PM me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayomide8990(m): 4:56am On Jan 23, 2020
Please,House Can I used my Relative Visa For Studying.Or can I change the Visa Status in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 5:38am On Jan 23, 2020
ayomide8990:
Please,House Can I used my Relative Visa For Studying.Or can I change the Visa Status in SA.

1. It depends on the legal status of the person you are claiming as a relative.

2. Yes you can unless if it's started otherwise on your visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 8:54am On Jan 23, 2020
Qhan:
Hi Guys,

Please how does SAQA obtain the contact address (email address) to which the contact the school for verification?

I have been on this SAQA issh for a while now.

They claimed the sent an email to the school and are excepting the school to respond.

I made contacts with some of my guys to help me check with the school, ..school said they didnt get any email from SAQA.

I asked SAQA to tell me the email address they sent the email to,...so at least it will be easy to follow up knowing who the recipient , they said they cant disclose.

Hoping that what they will be requesting from the school will most likely be my transcript, ....i requested for my transcript from the school and asked them to send to SAQA (i provided SAQA's email address). The school did,......but SAQA claimed the didnt get any mail from the school. I went back to the school again to resend, ...this time they BCC'ed me in the mail,....so i was sure the school sent it. But instead saqa climed they didnt get it again.

Now they sent me an email that my filed is closed, ...that they will only open it if i appeal and they receive a response from the school. They are insisting the school should respond to their mail.

Make them tell me the email address the sent their mail to or the content of the mail,....they said NO.

Please guys, ...is there anyway i can scale through this,.....cos they are frustrating me.

Chat them on Twitter. Get your exams and record email and tell the twitter handler to use that. Use DM. Disturb them daily through DM. They are that useless.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Js22621: 11:16am On Jan 23, 2020
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by blesyn28: 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2020
I had a similar issue while doing my SAQA also. I will give you two quick suggestions on how I got mine sorted out.

1. You have to be prepared to place calls through to SAQA, which means you will be prepared to spend money on airtime since it is an international call. Trust me, you don't want your calls being cut off due to airtime shortage while speaking with them on phone, because it may be a different person that will pick up the line when you redial. So kindly have enough airtime at hand. Another thing is that they might have issues hearing you and you'll also have issues getting their sentences at once, this is just due to differing ways of speaking and pronounciation, so you'll have to repeat your sentences and they will repeat theirs if you don't hear, all these will burn airtime. But they are quite receptive on phone, more than via email.

Please remember to have your SAQA number at hand while placing the call through, it will be required to trace your application.

2. Please reach out to your school and ask for the definite address through which they receive such mails. For mine, the email address on my school transcript was what SAQA used in contacting my school, guess what? It wasn't the email address the particular person that will respond to SAQA was using. I went to see the Registrar and he gave me the correct email address, which I sent via email to SAQA, they duly contacted my school via the address and the whole issue was sorted out.

I pray you get yours sorted out asap. Cheers

Qhan:
Hi Guys,

Please how does SAQA obtain the contact address (email address) to which the contact the school for verification?

I have been on this SAQA issh for a while now.

They claimed the sent an email to the school and are excepting the school to respond.

I made contacts with some of my guys to help me check with the school, ..school said they didnt get any email from SAQA.

I asked SAQA to tell me the email address they sent the email to,...so at least it will be easy to follow up knowing who the recipient , they said they cant disclose.

Hoping that what they will be requesting from the school will most likely be my transcript, ....i requested for my transcript from the school and asked them to send to SAQA (i provided SAQA's email address). The school did,......but SAQA claimed the didnt get any mail from the school. I went back to the school again to resend, ...this time they BCC'ed me in the mail,....so i was sure the school sent it. But instead saqa climed they didnt get it again.

Now they sent me an email that my filed is closed, ...that they will only open it if i appeal and they receive a response from the school. They are insisting the school should respond to their mail.

Make them tell me the email address the sent their mail to or the content of the mail,....they said NO.

Please guys, ...is there anyway i can scale through this,.....cos they are frustrating me.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayomide8990(m): 12:15am On Jan 24, 2020
Geenosko:

1. It depends on the legal status of the person you are claiming as a relative.

2. Yes you can unless if it's started otherwise on your visa
okay thanks OP.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by graceodini: 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2020
Good Afternoon all. Please what are the necessary documents required to apply for South Africa tourist visa and please what is the approval rate. Asking for a brother. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Qhan: 1:35pm On Jan 24, 2020
blesyn28:
I had a similar issue while doing my SAQA also. I will give you two quick suggestions on how I got mine sorted out.

1. You have to be prepared to place calls through to SAQA, which means you will be prepared to spend money on airtime since it is an international call. Trust me, you don't want your calls being cut off due to airtime shortage while speaking with them on phone, because it may be a different person that will pick up the line when you redial. So kindly have enough airtime at hand. Another thing is that they might have issues hearing you and you'll also have issues getting their sentences at once, this is just due to differing ways of speaking and pronounciation, so you'll have to repeat your sentences and they will repeat theirs if you don't hear, all these will burn airtime. But they are quite receptive on phone, more than via email.

Please remember to have your SAQA number at hand while placing the call through, it will be required to trace your application.

2. Please reach out to your school and ask for the definite address through which they receive such mails. For mine, the email address on my school transcript was what SAQA used in contacting my school, guess what? It wasn't the email address the particular person that will respond to SAQA was using. I went to see the Registrar and he gave me the correct email address, which I sent via email to SAQA, they duly contacted my school via the address and the whole issue was sorted out.

I pray you get yours sorted out asap. Cheers

T
Thanks for the tips.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Qhan: 1:35pm On Jan 24, 2020
obaxlove:

Chat them on Twitter. Get your exams and record email and tell the twitter handler to use that. Use DM. Disturb them daily through DM. They are that useless.

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by SirKennie13(m): 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2020
Puwakwe001:
Since November 28 till now have not gotten my passport what is really going on with the SA embassy in Lagos cry cry cry

Hello

Have you got your visa? someone I knew has got his own submission was November too
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by SirKennie13(m): 6:26pm On Jan 24, 2020
Folashadexxxx:
Pls who has gotten their S.A visa this year, I applied since November

Hello,

Have you get your visa, someone I know got his own recently and he applied November too.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eazylion01(m): 9:04pm On Jan 24, 2020
Is it too late to apply for SA post graduate studies?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hicars: 9:06pm On Jan 24, 2020
Please brothers, Can you kindly advise me on which State is faster for Visa Processing? Lagos? Abuja or Porthacourt ?? I'll appreciate it if I get a response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 9:23pm On Jan 24, 2020
eazylion01:
Is it too late to apply for SA post graduate studies?

Applications open from April 2020 grin

So you have enough time to get your SAQA and other stuff ready.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eazylion01(m): 12:07am On Jan 25, 2020
Thanks for the response,I have been reading how most people use 8-10weeks to wait for their passport. That's scary,is that the faith of all SA study visa applicant nowadays?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by thompson4real: 1:20am On Jan 25, 2020
Hello House, I need info on how to apply for tourist visa. What will be the total estimated cost? How much do I need to have in my bank account for the 6 month stuff?

Thank you all.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teefab: 5:06pm On Jan 27, 2020
Hello all....pls has anyone gotten his/her visa recently?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ytayo: 5:23pm On Jan 27, 2020
Hello All,

From my own observation, it's clear that the S.A consular in Lagos have disconnected all their mobile lines and completely keeps people's passports for months(4-5) without any real reason. Pls does anyone know how I can get in touch with them? My passport is going to be 4 months at the end of this month. Any advice would be appreciated and whats their twitter handle. I am most frustrated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 6:02pm On Jan 27, 2020
Ytayo:
Hello All,

From my own observation, it's clear that the S.A consular in Lagos have disconnected all their mobile lines and completely keeps people's passports for months(4-5) without any real reason. Pls does anyone know how I can get in touch with them? My passport is going to be 4 months at the end of this month. Any advice would be appreciated and whats their twitter handle. I am most frustrated.
Veronica.loving@dha.gov.za Email her and dm me for mail format
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ytayo: 6:29pm On Jan 27, 2020
Thanks ...how does mail format go?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tataiwo09(m): 11:11pm On Jan 27, 2020
Please, like what time is the best time to get to south african embassy in Lagos for student visa application...

Planning to go from ibadan and return same day.

Is that feasible?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nellz19(f): 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2020
Good afternoon everyone,

Please this is my first time applying for an SA visa, I tried to use an agent and the fee charged was pretty expensive so I have decided to apply my self.

Thing is do I need to book an appointment before going to the vfs office? Or I can just show up and submit my documents?

And is it sensible for me to do it myself? I have gathered statement, payslip, letter of Intro from my organization and have been to only UAE Ghana and Kenya.....

Would appreciate a response
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nellz19(f): 2:40pm On Jan 28, 2020
Good afternoon everyone,

Please this is my first time applying for an SA visa, I tried to use an agent and the fee charged was pretty expensive so I have decided to apply my self.

Thing is do I need to book an appointment before going to the vfs office? Or I can just show up and submit my documents?

And is it sensible for me to do it myself? I have gathered statement, payslip, letter of Intro from my organization and have been to only UAE Ghana and Kenya.....

Would appreciate a response [color=#990000][/color]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Koval12(m): 3:27pm On Jan 28, 2020
tataiwo09:
Please, like what time is the best time to get to south african embassy in Lagos for student visa application...

Planning to go from ibadan and return same day.

Is that feasible?

yes it's very possible. Just be sure that you have all your documents ready. You can leave Ibadan as early as 7am. Once you get to VFS before 3pm, bc sure that you will be allowed to submit your application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WordFamous: 7:46pm On Jan 28, 2020
Hi everyone,

Pls I want to confirm if I need to certify docs at foreign affairs for Tourist visa? And if yes, what docs exactly?

Many thanks in advance, guys.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dannie007(m): 3:24am On Jan 29, 2020
Try and be Early at VFS for submission. You don't need an agent for this all you need to do is gather the right documents and apply you also need a prepaid reservation, I can do that for you brother for a token check my profile for more guidances.

Best of luck

Nellz19:
Good afternoon everyone,

Would appreciate a response

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.