Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1725448 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayodeleajayi220: 7:56pm On Feb 22, 2020
Good evening to you all nairalanders, please I want to know if it is possible for me to use two sponsors account for my PhD program. 1. My cousin here in Nigeria and 2. My friend account that is permanent resident in south Africa. Urgent response please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Spunkymimi: 12:25am On Feb 23, 2020
Thank you so much for the reply.

Will work on what you said. Should reapply by March. Please can I have your contact.

obaxlove:
Hello ma,

I am sorry to hear that.

Since you are the one on study permit I will advise that you don't use your personal account statement to sponsor ur husband and son, however, you can use yours to support their applications.

Your mother in the same vein can't sponsor ur husband and ur son. What I will advise is that your mum should transfer a sizeable amount of money into ur husband account (from 1m upward should do) if your husband is working let him submit all his supporting documents and account statement then your mum and you can write introduction letter for them.

I can help in u with docs arrangement, let me know when they want to reapply.

I used my personal statement for my wife and children because I am not paying school fee so the money in my school should be enough for our upkeep for 3yrs.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayodeleajayi220: 10:58am On Feb 23, 2020
ayodeleajayi220:
Good evening to you all nairalanders, please I want to know if it is possible for me to use two sponsors account for my PhD program. 1. My cousin here in Nigeria and 2. My friend account that is permanent resident in south Africa. Urgent response please.
Please your advice on this will be appreciated
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Wasbayd: 7:25pm On Feb 23, 2020
collinsfbi:

Better!

Gbamm over and out

It's almost a decade bro. Trust you're doing great.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ikjosh04: 11:14am On Feb 24, 2020
Ikjosh04:
Good morning all, I'll really like to know, why Nigerians are still going to south Africa with the recent xenophobia attacks and a ok so as a fresh chemical engineering graduate just out of school, is the land greener in South Africa if I decide to pursue a masters program in any of the SA schools?

Best Wishes

Good morning, please I need answers to the questions above and I'll appreciate if I can get answers.
Thank you!

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ikjosh04: 11:14am On Feb 24, 2020
Ikjosh04:
Good morning all, I'll really like to know, why Nigerians are still going to south Africa with the recent xenophobia attacks and a ok so as a fresh chemical engineering graduate just out of school, is the land greener in South Africa if I decide to pursue a masters program in any of the SA schools?

Best Wishes

Good morning, please I need answers to the questions above and I'll appreciate if I can get answers.
Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Thank you!

Read from page 1 till the last page, then be specific about your questions without ambiguities.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ikjosh04: 6:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
obaxlove:

Read from page 1 till the last page, then be specific about your questions without ambiguities.

OK, I'll do that. Thank you

Modified

Page 1 is far back as 2012, I'm sure a lot of things has changed.
Please if anyone can help me with answers to my questions, I'll appreciate.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2020
Is there anyone in Stellenbosch University here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:22pm On Feb 24, 2020
obaxlove:

Heya bro. Sorry, UKZN is currently experiencing student unrest, maybe their emails were ignored due to the unrest. I will advise you to contact the school to differ your admission and attach this letter of delay, explain in details that you intend reapplying for your study permit since the resumption date has been shifted. UKZN will give you new admission letter to reapply, also state clearly to them that the embassy sent several emails with no reply.

Then after you reapplied send an email to normal veronica and co to explain your plight and provide them your admission officer email address alongside your supervisor if you have one already.

The samething happened to me but I was lucky because Jonathan told me they have been sending reminder with no response then I added provided him my supervisor's email along side the admission officer (which apparently they already have) and I send personal email to my supervisor and the admission officer, explaining that Homes affair has been trying to contact the school. I got my visa that same week.

In your case it might be that you stated in one of your email that the resumption date has passed or one of your documents is having closer admission date.

Don't give up I heard UKZN is a good school, I will be leaving next week.

All the best.
Good advice ,however students unrest does not affect the intentional office . More importantly ,lectures have started already . I think he need to appeal and attached the mails or letter from the Dean or head of the school

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:08am On Feb 25, 2020
Hi guys , please I want to certify documents here in SA for my cousin who his about to apply with me as his sponsor , where do I get it done please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 7:29am On Feb 25, 2020
saintobi009:
Hi guys , please I want to certify documents here in SA for my cousin who his about to apply with me as his sponsor , where do I get it done please

Police station.
Tell them to press the stamp very well so it's visible.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 25, 2020
thanks can I only get it done at the police station ? what about court or lawyer or any notary office ?

Geenosko:

Police station.
Tell them to press the stamp very well so it's visible.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 8:49am On Feb 25, 2020
saintobi009:
thanks can I only get it done at the police station ? what about court or lawyer or any notary office ?

Police station is safer. Those vfs dudes in Lagos can be very erratic
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 8:53am On Feb 25, 2020
saintobi009:

You can as well, but police station is your best option. It is for free there.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 4:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
saintobi009:

Documents in SA? Some universities have a rotary office. I know WITS does.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pathadey1: 8:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hi guys,
Please i am currently on a visiting visa in SA and i want to change to sudy visa. This can't be changed within the republic. I had made plans to travel to Nigeria to make the study visa application but my lil boy's visa is not out yet and am really getting to my wits waiting (i submitted November). He is still small, i can't leave him behind.
So, i want to know if Its possible for someone to submit for me in lagos vfs. I have all the documents ready, its a phd study visa so i should be able to register late. The reason why i am really in haste is because my current visa here ends may 31 and i don't want to renew it. I want the study visa to replace it.

I will also like to know if consulate call people for interview for study visa and is the waiting saga at lagos vfs still there?

My sponsor is a family friend, will it be ok for the financial record?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 9:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
Pathadey1:
Hi guys,
Please i am currently on a visiting visa in SA and i want to change to sudy visa. This can't be changed within the republic. I had made plans to travel to Nigeria to make the study visa application but my lil boy's visa is not out yet and am really getting to my wits waiting (i submitted November). He is still small, i can't leave him behind.
So, i want to know if Its possible for someone to submit for me in lagos vfs. I have all the documents ready, its a phd study visa so i should be able to register late. The reason why i am really in haste is because my current visa here ends may 31 and i don't want to renew it. I want the study visa to replace it.

I will also like to know if consulate call people for interview for study visa and is the waiting saga at lagos vfs still there?

My sponsor is a family friend, will it be ok for the financial record?

You can't change from visitors visa to study visa within SA. It's clearly stated on your visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Vick6666: 12:11am On Feb 26, 2020
Hi guy I have been studying in South Africa for 4 years now I came back home December 2019 to apply for extension of my study visa when I reapplied this year January my visa was denied due to forged medical aid the person I gave money to do momentum medical aid for me in South Africa did fake for me i Decided to do another medical aid momentum when I wanted to submit I was told it was 11months again I decided to even do medical aid up till 2021 June and they also removed the letter of appeals which I included to explain the issue of forged medical aid at vfs hence I submitted a fresh application and my visa was still denied again saying forged medical aid/cover also on the rejection letter adverse record was ticked...please what can I do I need help!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayomide8990(m): 9:18am On Feb 26, 2020
Geenosko:

You can't change from visitors visa to study visa within SA. It's clearly stated on your visa.
Op please what about Relative Visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 12:34pm On Feb 26, 2020
ayomide8990:

Op please what about Relative Visa.

For context, visitor's visa is 11(1). 11(1) can only change status to 11(6) which is spousal visa. (that means you are married or in a civil partnership with a citizen or permanent resident.

In other words, you can't change your status to a student visa or relative visa.

You have to return to Nigeria.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pathadey1: 8:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
Geenosko:

I know, that was what i first stated. I wanted to know if there is a way the application can be submitted for me in Nigeria. And get advice on where it's best to submit, Abuja or lagos
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Vick6666: 8:50pm On Feb 26, 2020
[quote author=Vick6666 post=86960282]Hi guy I have been studying in South Africa for 4 years now I came back home December 2019 to apply for extension of my study visa when I reapplied this year January my visa was denied due to forged medical aid the person I gave money to do momentum medical aid for me in South Africa did fake for me i Decided to do another medical aid momentum when I wanted to submit I was told it was 11months again I decided to even do medical aid up till 2021 June and they also removed the letter of appeals which I included to explain the issue of forged medical aid at vfs hence I submitted a fresh application and my visa was still denied again saying forged medical aid/cover also on the rejection letter adverse record was ticked...please what can I do I need help!!! Please guys I need your response please!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 9:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
Vick6666:
Hi guy I have been studying in South Africa for 4 years now I came back home December 2019 to apply for extension of my study visa when I reapplied this year January my visa was denied due to forged medical aid the person I gave money to do momentum medical aid for me in South Africa did fake for me i Decided to do another medical aid momentum when I wanted to submit I was told it was 11months again I decided to even do medical aid up till 2021 June and they also removed the letter of appeals which I included to explain the issue of forged medical aid at vfs hence I submitted a fresh application and my visa was still denied again saying forged medical aid/cover also on the rejection letter adverse record was ticked...please what can I do I need help!!!

Who is doing your medical aid for you?
You can apply and pay for your medical aid yourself and online
https://www.ingwehealth.co.za/
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Vick6666: 10:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
Juwohn:

But I have done just the same thing and they still say forged medical aid again what can I do ??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Potch: 11:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
Juwohn:

At Vick6666

This case is bad.

One, the first mistake was coming home to apply for study visa extension. You should have applied in SA.

Two, because of the forged medical aid, you may have been flagged, which I think comes with a stiif penalty, usually a visa ban for some period.

What you should do:
1. Write to your school and demand for a new admission letter or extension of study letter. Also request for your academic reports. And a letter from your study advisor or supervisor if you are a PG student.

2. I dont know if you may have to pay your school fees. Anything to show your status as " current student".

3. You will have to write a comprehensive letter, maybe with the help of a lawyer.

4. Submit all these documents together with a new medical aid and re-apply.

5. Be prayerful and hoping for the best.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:00am On Feb 27, 2020
[quote author=Vick6666 post=86983850][/quote] This is a painful experience as a result of greed and fraudulent practices by some Nigerians in SA .Your case is not the first and it won't be the last . Please request a fresh letter of extension from your school ,contact momentum explaining your case and lastly ensure your medical aid is up to date ( 12 months ) . Above all, write a letter of motivation explaining in details why the visa extension is needed . Be strong

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.