Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,846 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1722822 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olelor: 9:17am On Mar 20, 2020
tataiwo09:

Please when did you apply?

I applied on the 24th of February, 2020
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tataiwo09(m): 9:19am On Mar 20, 2020
Olelor:

Congratulations boss

I had applied since January 27th
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olelor: 9:21am On Mar 20, 2020
tataiwo09:

Congratulations boss

I had applied since January 27th

Thank you brother just keep mailing the Emails provided on this platform. All the best Distinguished
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tataiwo09(m): 9:34am On Mar 20, 2020
Olelor:

Thank you brother just keep mailing the Emails provided on this platform. All the best Distinguished

Thanks

Is ur permit for phd or other course?

I planned to chill for 8 weeks before I contact them, and that will be nextweek
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dlamind: 9:50am On Mar 20, 2020
Olelor:

Lucky you �

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abbey4babe: 10:30am On Mar 20, 2020
I just got my SA visa application refused, stating the hotel I booked lacks credibility and the hotel was booked for me at VFS. Please what does this mean and is there any other way I can book hotel and reapply?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abbey4babe: 10:34am On Mar 20, 2020
abbey4babe:
I just got my SA visa application refused, stating the hotel I booked lacks credibility and the hotel was booked for me at VFS. Please what does this mean and is there any other way I can book hotel and reapply?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tataiwo09(m): 11:56am On Mar 20, 2020
[quote author=abbey4babe post=87603377][/quote]

This people sha

Pls reapply asap
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olelor: 4:49pm On Mar 20, 2020
tataiwo09:

Thanks

Is ur permit for phd or other course?

I planned to chill for 8 weeks before I contact them, and that will be nextweek

It is for Masters Distinguished
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WordFamous: 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
Ok so I and my wife applied for SA Tourist visa on the 10th of March and we got our passports back with visas on the 18th.

Funny thing is SA has banned all local and international flights in and out of the Republic.

This has got to be one big joke, right?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2020
If you have a multiple entry visa then you may just hope that the corona pandemic ends soon. Else its technically a no use visa.

WordFamous:
Ok so I and my wife applied for SA Tourist visa on the 10th of March and we got our passports back with visas on the 18th.

Funny thing is SA has banned all local and international flights in and out of the Republic.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 6:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
No...dont come into SA for now. Nigeria seems to be a little safer for now.

WordFamous:
Hi guys, this forum has been so silent. Has anyone gotten visas or their passports this week? Anyone?

Also, what's the situation in SA now. Is it advisable to travel to SA, say for vacation if granted visa?

Let's keep the conversations flowing people...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tataiwo09(m): 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2020
Olelor:

It is for Masters Distinguished

Pls share me those mails
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2020
WordFamous:

It's only from high risk countries.

Local flights aren't suspended. Yet.

SAA has suspended all international flights however other inter airlines can still fly into SA for now but that can change quickly.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abbey4babe: 8:07pm On Mar 20, 2020
abbey4babe:

Please I need help with this. Is there any specific hotel reservation for SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayodeleajayi220: 8:43pm On Mar 20, 2020
Olelor:
I received a mail yesterday to pick my Passport. I was given Study Permit till 2021 December. Thank you to all of you that guided me in the process. Meanwhile my admission maybe deferred because of corona virus. Thank you all
Congratulations. Please did you apply in Lagos or Abuja
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olelor: 7:59am On Mar 21, 2020
ayodeleajayi220:
Congratulations. Please did you apply in Lagos or Abuja

I applied in Abuja
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WordFamous: 8:35am On Mar 21, 2020
mroyato:
If you have a multiple entry visa then you may just hope that the corona pandemic ends soon. Else its technically a no use visa.

Yeah, I pray COVID-19 ends soon, not just for international travel, but for the sake of the world's health and wealth.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WordFamous: 8:37am On Mar 21, 2020
mroyato:
No...dont come into SA for now. Nigeria seems to be a little safer for now.

Many thanks for the advice. Appreciate!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WordFamous: 8:45am On Mar 21, 2020
Geenosko:

It's only from high risk countries.

Local flights aren't suspended. Yet.

SAA has suspended all international flights however other inter airlines can still fly into SA for now but that can change quickly.

Many thanks Geenosko for the clarification. A contact in SA told me this, but the ones I have been able to confirm (just as you said) is the travel ban from high risk nations and SAA's decision to suspend flights till 31st May.

I read somewhere that SAA is currently "troubled."
How true?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 11:32am On Mar 21, 2020
WordFamous:

Many thanks Geenosko for the clarification. A contact in SA told me this, but the ones I have been able to confirm (just as you said) is the travel ban from high risk nations and SAA's decision to suspend flights till 31st May.

I read somewhere that SAA is currently "troubled."
How true?

Very true.
They are in deep financial mess.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2020
WordFamous:

Lol. You pple still wanna travel in d midst of all this. Btw, the president said that all visas issued prior from the 18th of march onward are now revoked. So dont bother traveling. Whether u r from a high risk country or not. Some passengers of some flights are currently stranded at the airport in joburg now and they are desperately looking for flight to go back as they were not allowed entry.
SA is not smiling now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WordFamous: 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2020
Geenosko:

Very true.
They are in deep financial mess.

Oops!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WordFamous: 6:20pm On Mar 21, 2020
geekybabe:

Lol. You pple still wanna travel in d midst of all this. Q So dont bother traveling. Whether u r from a high risk country or not. Some passengers of some flights are currently stranded at the airport in joburg now and they are desperately looking for flight to go back as they were not allowed entry.
SA is not smiling now.

Sure, one must watch before traveling in this troubled times.

However, already granted SA visas where revoked for people coming in from high risk countries, no?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olelor: 8:33pm On Mar 21, 2020
WordFamous:

Sure, one must watch before traveling in this troubled times.

However, already granted SA visas where revoked for people coming in from high risk countries, no?

This corona affected my scholarship self. It was deferred to 2021
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Fruit4me: 7:15pm On Mar 22, 2020
I received a call from the embassy since two weeks ago and still haven’t gotten response from them. What could be wrong?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrewbaba44: 11:52am On Mar 23, 2020
Fruit4me:
I received a call from the embassy since two weeks ago and still haven’t gotten response from them. What could be wrong?

Calm down ,even if you get the response you can’t travel

I have faced such before
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by blackfase(m): 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2020
A trip to SA is on the horizon. Pls, anyone with any idea what the minimum bank balance to be presented should be?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 3:51pm On Mar 23, 2020
blackfase:

A trip to SA is on the horizon. Pls, anyone with any idea what the minimum bank balance to be presented should be?

Thanks

In the light of covid - 19 please suspend your planning for now.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by blackfase(m): 9:43pm On Mar 23, 2020
Geenosko:

In the light of covid - 19 please suspend your planning for now.

Thanks for ur advise, its not anytime soon, just planning way ahead.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WordFamous: 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2020
It's amazing how this thread literally turned into a 'ghost town.' COVID-19 has really done a number on anything travel...I understand.

But, guys, when do you think the borders will reopen so everyone can go about their normal lives?

Let's keep the conversations going, after all, we are on lockdown (aka, we've all the time to spare, no?)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 4:06am On Apr 04, 2020
Day 8 of 21 in South Africa
Haven't stepped out of my apartment sef.
House fully stocked
24/7 electricity
Super fast Internet
Close buddies around
Free three weeks break from work lol
So yeah, I'm enjoying myself � grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (913) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.