Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727111 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by fazbuk(m): 12:40am On Jun 26, 2020
Geenosko:

Nope. Certificate + transcript is compulsory.

Please in this situation what can I do? Because I actually need the SAQA certificate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 12:32pm On Jun 26, 2020
fazbuk:

Please in this situation what can I do? Because I actually need the SAQA certificate

I suggest you should email them and hear what they have to say.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by welf99: 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
Home affairs are govt to themselves, while the judgement is clear, it wont be followed. Your application will be denied. The process of marriage to a PR holder or Citizen is not that straightforward if you are a visitor. Am sure you will exhaust your visa validity before the process is completed. You must submit change of status with valid visa...that's the problem..even if you have letter of good cause. So the best option is to return to your country, and reapply under a different visa class.

Geenosko:
There has been a lot of back and forth about whether a visitor can change status to a spousal visa while still in SA.

For the avoidance of doubt, this is Constitutional Court's Judgement in South Africa affirming that this is permissible.

https://www.concourt.org.za/index.php/judgement/325-nandutu-and-others-v-minister-of-home-affairs-and-others-cct114-18-28-june-2019

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2019-08-08-concourt-judgment-on-spousal-visas-will-help-keep-families-together/amp/

Read both articles line by line.

For those who can't read, the only change of status allowed for people who are on a valid visitors visa in SA is to change to spousal visa

Peace.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 1:31pm On Jun 26, 2020
welf99:
Home affairs are govt to themselves, while the judgement is clear, it wont be followed. Your application will be denied. The process of marriage to a PR holder or Citizen is not that straightforward if you are a visitor. Am sure you will exhaust your visa validity before the process is completed. You must submit change of status with valid visa...that's the problem..even if you have letter of good cause. So the best option is to return to your country, and reapply under a different visa class.

Do you have numbers to back it up?

Anyway, I don't want debate based on conjectures.

Visit home affairs website, the process of marriage is very straightforward unless I'm missing something in which case I'm very happy to learn and update my knowledge.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by welf99: 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
The intricacies is beyond what you read on home affairs website or written anywhere, home affairs under present leadership is a different ball game...but I can assure you, who ever decides to go via that route of visitor visa to spousal visa will end in waste of time and pain, with exceptions of those that can afford the corrupt officers to get what they want. I know lots of people still on the cue for 2yrs!
I don't like to post or write but I can assure you am in the process of citizenship.

Geenosko:

Do you have numbers to back it up?

Anyway, I don't want debate based on conjectures.

Visit home affairs website, the process of marriage is very straightforward unless I'm missing something in which case I'm very happy to learn and update my knowledge.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
welf99:
The intricacies is beyond what you read on home affairs website or written anywhere, home affairs under present leadership is a different ball game...but I can assure you, who ever decides to go via that route of visitor visa to spousal visa will end in waste of time and pain, with exceptions of those that can afford the corrupt officers to get what they want. I know lots of people still on the cue for 2yrs!
I don't like to post or write but I can assure you am in the process of citizenship.

Well, let me put this way. You are seeing 9 and I'm seeing 6. That doesn't invalidate each of our respective views.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Claraola: 11:37pm On Jun 27, 2020
welf99:

Interesting so which of the route do you think it will be easier to apply for spousal visa?.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ashiwaju11(m): 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2020
Claraola:

Interesting so which of the route do you think it will be easier to apply for spousal visa?.

Brilliant suggestions have been given to you above. If unsure about what to do, I will suggest two things for you. First, you may choose to invite your spouse to Lagos and get married there and apply for the appropriate visa to join your spouse in SA, or alternatively, go back to Lagos and re-apply for a temporary residence visa such as a Study Visa. This will give you more time to submit and follow through your application in South Africa. I hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Claraola: 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2020
ashiwaju11:

Brilliant suggestions have been given to you above. If unsure about what to do, I will suggest two things for you. First, you may choose to invite your spouse to Lagos and get married there and apply for the appropriate visa to join your spouse in SA, or alternatively, go back to Lagos and re-apply for a temporary residence visa such as a Study Visa. This will give you more time to submit and follow through your application in South Africa. I hope this helps
Thanks for your reply I appreciate

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Evidenx(m): 3:55pm On Jun 29, 2020
BRINGING YOUR SOUTH AFRICAN PARTNER TO NIGERIA TO MARRY OR GOING TO SOUTH AFRICA TO MARRY YOUR PARTNER WHICH IS MORE CHEAPER AND EASY TO DO??

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Moyingurl: 6:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hello guys...pls I would like to know if this message means the verification has been sent to school. I just want to confirm

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
Please my fellow Nairialander's I want to know if the consulate office in Lagos opened for official duties, I need a visa to south africa .

I need directions on how to go about it i and help and direction
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Baloranking(m): 9:10pm On Jun 29, 2020
Good evening house, please what are the processes for securing masters degree of engineering in university of Capetown, I have a budget of 2mil.

What are the steps
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adukke(f): 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2020
smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
Adukke:
Good day nairalanders, I applied to Wits university and they require me to send certificate of good conduct and Official academic records, that statement of credit,examination result and credit certificate are not sufficient( which I believe is my transcript). Please help me because I don't understand at all.
Saw your PM but I’ve issues with the mail I registered here on NL.

If you can get a letter of good conduct from your formal school registra. Do you have SAQA? Most SA school require it. Btw, are you applying for undergraduate or postgrad?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 5:30pm On Jun 30, 2020
Baloranking:
Good evening house, please what are the processes for securing masters degree of engineering in university of Capetown, I have a budget of 2mil.

What are the steps
Is your masters based on coursework or research only?

Coursework are very expensive & your 2m May not be enough in a school like Uct when we factor in tuition & accommodation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 5:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
whitemonies:
Please my fellow Nairialander's I want to know if the consulate office in Lagos opened for official duties, I need a visa to south africa .

I need directions on how to go about it i and help and direction
I doubt Borders will be open to foreigners in the next 6 months, even citizens needs permit to move within provinces. You’re on a long thing.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Baloranking(m): 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2020
Thecassanova:

Is your masters based on coursework or research only?

Coursework are very expensive & your 2m May not be enough in a school like Uct when we factor in tuition & accommodation.

Thank you very much for your reply. I want to apply for coursework. So basically how much should I budget.

I was opting out of Stellenbosch and uct
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
Moyingurl:
Hello guys...pls I would like to know if this message means the verification has been sent to school. I just want to confirm
It only means they got your sent documents & payment.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 5:46pm On Jun 30, 2020
Baloranking:

Thank you very much for your reply. I want to apply for coursework. So basically how much should I budget.

I was opting out of Stellenbosch and uct
As international student Around R80k for tuition only (double check) Uct & UofStellenbosch are located at highbrow areas with expensive accommodation & cost of living. A friend of mine pays R60k per annum in one Uct residence.

Why specifically those schools if I may ask? An interest in Cape Town? Well, it’s better you apply to Atleast 5 SA schools as courses like these mostly have a quota system intake divided among citizens, PR holders, SADCs, other foreigners. Wits, Ukzn, UP, UJ are equally top-tier unis outside Cape Town.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Baloranking(m): 5:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
Thecassanova:

As international student Around R80k for tuition only, Uct & UofStellenbosch are located at highbrow areas with expensive accommodation & cost of living. A friend of mine pays R60k per annum in one Uct residence.

Why specifically those schools if I may ask? An interest in Cape Town? Well, it’s better you apply to Atleast 5 SA schools as courses like these mostly have a quota system intake divided among citizens, PR holders, SADCs, other foreigners. Wits, Ukzn, UP, UJ are equally top-tier unis outside Cape Town.

Thank you very much,so which uni do you suggest I can't increase my budget for now due to some personal reasons.

I chose uct cause a relative told me the place is nice. But if you have one to recommend I'll do the research myself.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 6:08pm On Jun 30, 2020
Baloranking:

Thank you very much,so which uni do you suggest I can't increase my budget for now due to some personal reasons.

I chose uct cause a relative told me the place is nice. But if you have one to recommend I'll do the research myself.
True, UCT is the best uni in Africa, even within top 200 in the world. Perfect if you’ve the funds, bursary from research etc. Schools such as CPUT, UKZN, DUT, UJ are not as expensive & are good schools to study engineering related course. Each school website will give you a perfect view on tuition. Application Fee is either free or less than R300 in most SA schools for a postgrad study.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hotice1954: 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2020
Please they should open it oh. I’m tired and I want to see my husband cry cry I don try

Thecassanova:

I doubt Borders will be open to foreigners in the next 6 months, even citizens needs permit to move within provinces. You’re on a long thing.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by funshobabs(m): 8:31am On Jul 01, 2020
Good morning, please anybody here who has completed SAQA with statement of result?

I have certificate for my masters degree but I do not have for my undergraduate degree.

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 9:52am On Jul 01, 2020
Financially, your budget is fine. You may just need an extra 500k to support accomodation and living expenses. Otherwise, your tuition is sorted with what you have.

If you are particular about the University of Capetown, visit their webpage www.uct.ac.za and click on the admission/prospective student link for further information.

You basically do not need to evaluate your certificate or write any english test. The admission direction for UCT is simple and straight forward.

Good luck.

Baloranking:

What are the steps
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 4:13pm On Jul 01, 2020
funshobabs:
Good morning, please anybody here who has completed SAQA with statement of result?

I have certificate for my masters degree but I do not have for my undergraduate degree.

Thank you.
Yes you can use statement of result with your transcript. All certified.

You only need to evaluate one degree with saqa. Hence, your latest MSc is enough. Which should give you a NQF level 9 for direct Phd admission.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by funshobabs(m): 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2020
Even if I don't have a PhD grade.
Thanks for ur response.
Thecassanova:

Yes you can use statement of result with your transcript. All certified.

You only need to evaluate one degree with saqa. Hence, your latest MSc is enough. Which should give you a NQF level 9 for direct Phd admission.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Moyingurl: 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2020
Thecassanova:

It only means they got your sent documents & payment.

Okay

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.