Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (637) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726616 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ejoseblazer(m): 10:42am On Nov 25, 2020
Trello:
Hi All,

Can anyone here please give a summarized steps involved in applying for an SA student visa? Do we apply at the embassy or at VFS? And a comprehensive list of all documents to be submitted? I do have an admission already.

You can find the needed information for SA student visa application from this official page:
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/southafrica/nigeria/english/#Study-Visa

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Gratefulme: 11:38am On Nov 25, 2020
Hi all,
I want to travel to SA to write the NCLEX exam.

* Is it tourist visa I'll apply for? Is it ok if I state "going for an exam" as my purpose?

*Do I need an invitation letter from anyone in SA before I can apply?.

*Is getting SA tourist visa easy?

Sorry for too many questions. Thank you!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by krumking(m): 12:37pm On Nov 25, 2020
Hi....kindly, drop your email, thank you
justt:
If anyone needs Rand or wants to make payment here in SA, you can contact me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justt: 1:38pm On Nov 25, 2020
Tellmemhore@gmail.com
krumking:
Hi....kindly, drop your email, thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Trello: 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2020
Ejoseblazer:

You can find the needed information for SA student visa application from this official page:
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/southafrica/nigeria/english/#Study-Visa
Thanks bro!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by LifeOfOwen: 6:02pm On Nov 25, 2020
i saw that we’re entitled to work 20 hours per week with our student visa. the real question now is that do international students actually find work in SA? please if you’re in south africa or you’re well informed kindly shed light on this

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mercydecy: 6:31pm On Nov 25, 2020
Good evening all, please i would like to go submit my documents at VFS on Monday, do i need to make an appointment?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by LifeOfOwen: 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2020
nope, just walk in and submit. carry your atm along too because they use POS to pay for the whole visa fee
Mercydecy:
Good evening all, please i would like to go submit my documents at VFS on Monday, do i need to make an appointment?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bossmanly: 10:02pm On Nov 25, 2020
Please how can I request for my passport?. This is annoying already, having applied for student visa since January without any feedback. I have decided to cancel the whole thing, wondering why African country could be doing like this to fellow african. People going to study for Europe sef no hard like this. Make dem give me my passport...

Kindly suggest how I can request for my passport

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Gratefulme: 10:05pm On Nov 25, 2020
bivoprad:
Hello nairalanders, I want to travel to South Africa to write a professional exam in march or april next year, and I will be spending just 4 days.Please, I want to know the estimate of how much will be enough for my bank statement and can I use someone's bank account as a sponsor even if the person is not in nigeria.
Thanks
Hi, are you going for nclex?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olamilec(m): 10:53am On Nov 26, 2020
LifeOfOwen:
i saw that we’re entitled to work 20 hours per week with our student visa. the real question now is that do international students actually find work in SA? please if you’re in south africa or you’re well informed kindly shed light on this

In my own perspective and experience, it’s very hard to get job here, I repeat very hard but if you’re lucky and a die hard hustler then you can get something doing in your institution of study but that will not still not amount to nothing that you can support yourself with.
Make sure you’re covered for a year at least, cause it’s very hard but with Grace of God life is peaceful.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lymelyte(m): 11:52am On Nov 26, 2020
LifeOfOwen:
Jobs for Students in South Africa

Foreign students in South Africa are allowed to work part-time along with their studies. With a student visa, understudies can seek employment in the country whilst enrolled in an academic program.

Students can work 20 hours per week and not more during the school session, however, during the holiday periods or summer breaks students can work up to 40 hours per week if they wish to.

In SA, students can primarily work part-time in several establishments inside and outside their universities, there are also internships, learnerships, and studentships that pay a very substantial amount to cover a student’s living expenses in South Africa. These jobs pay anywhere between 5,000 to 12,000 every month depending on the establishment.

Presently, students from engineering, IT and Tech are highly sought out for trained internships that come with financial rewards. Likewise, students pursuing post-graduate programs can work in the university as lecturing or research assistant. These jobs are highly competitive but very rewarding as some studentships provide tuition funding and monthly stipends.

Of course, there are service jobs as waiters, cleaners, attendants, cashiers, and receptionists open to students who can free up time during the week or at weekends. These jobs require no extra skill and English speakers pick them up easily. There are also jobs in hotels and tourist establishments, these jobs are lucrative and allow students ample time to combine both their work and study in South Africa.

Many start-up companies invest in the services of students, both local and foreign to better grow their brand. As companies continue to source new ideas and strategies, they actively request the aid of top-shelf academic understudies who can demonstrate exceptional skills and abilities that are relevant in today’s world. These companies pay handsomely and are a great addition in terms of experience gained to any student’s portfolio.

Other job avenues are e-hailing transport services for students who can afford a car and purchase their licenses in the country. Ridesharing apps like Uber, Toll and Gautrack are the leading transport service technologies in South Africa and student users make good money in their free time using these apps.

Students who speak foreign languages like Portuguese, French, German, Dutch, and Hindi can also find employment as translators and tutors. With a significant number of native speakers who are citizens, there is now a strong need for bi-lingual or multi-lingual individuals who can translate or teach languages in South Africa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lymelyte(m): 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2020
For international students, this websites is very helpful for almost everything you need.

https://www.rocapply.com/study-in-south-africa/about-south-africa/jobs-for-students-in-south-africa.html
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by laeffizy(f): 1:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hello JustT, I finally suceeded with the insurance. My supervisor paid this morning. �
justt:
If anyone needs Rand or wants to make payment here in SA, you can contact me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justt: 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2020
Oh great!
I guess all is set now?
laeffizy:
Hello JustT, I finally suceeded with the insurance. My supervisor paid this morning. �
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mercydecy: 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2020
LifeOfOwen:
nope, just walk in and submit. carry your atm along too because they use POS to pay for the whole visa fee
Thanks for the reply.
May i know how much they charge for tourist visa please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by wine4dguy: 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2020
I want to comment on this section because I got help here in 2016 when I wanted to come to south Africa

Today I am bitter sweet about that decision because I do not know yet after 4 years in south Africa if what I made was the wrong decision leaving my 60k entry job in Nigeria to come to south Africa.

Sometimes it is welcoming and other times its like a misguided move.

So you who is coming to south Africa please take note...this is from a Nigerian that mean well for you.

In most cases those in Nigeria will think we in diaspora(South Africa) don't want them to flee the condition in Nigeria for a 'better' life in a country like South Africa, I also was of this opinion even when our CEO told me there is nothing in south Africa

Well the truth is there is little or no opportunity for we foreigners here as the locals will always remind you that they have not gotten employment and you are coming to take their job as if there was ever one after the whites have neo-colonized everything.

Please follow the news and you will understand their plights

But I want to make exceptions for those in the IT(Programmers) and Professional Engineers with a proven track record as they always state in the job requirements.

Programmers are obviously being sort after in any progressive environment

But for students, please unless you get a scholarship or bursary, please don't come here because there is nothing like working for 20hrs a week, its a hoax especially targeted on the foreign nationals

Please view South africa like any other African country, and stop seeing it like it is some north American country because it is not

8 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by LOquence: 8:16am On Nov 27, 2020
wine4dguy:
I want to comment on this section because I got help here in 2016 when I wanted to come to south Africa

Today I am bitter sweet about that decision because I do not know yet after 4 years in south Africa if what I made was the wrong decision leaving my 60k entry job in Nigeria to come to south Africa.

So you who is coming to south Africa please take note...this is from a Nigerian that mean well for you.

In most cases those in Nigeria will think we in diaspora(South Africa) don't want them to flee the condition in Nigeria for a 'better' life in a country like South Africa, I also was of this opinion even when our CEO told me there is nothing in south Africa

Well the truth is there is little or no opportunity for we foreigners here as the locals will always remind you that they have not gotten employment and you are coming to take their job as if there was ever one after the whites have neo-colonized everything.

But I want to make exceptions for those in the IT(Programmers) and Professional Engineers with a proven track record as they always state in the job requirements.

But for students, please unless you get a scholarship or bursary, please don't come here because there is nothing like working for 20hrs a week, its a hoax especially targeted on the foreign nationals

Please view South africa like any other African country, and stop seeing it like it is some north American country because it is not
but most people have had it good in SA. Above all,just have the right orientation when traveling to any country and also balance your expectations..

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MsMo: 5:43pm On Nov 27, 2020
Goodevening
I applied for my visa renewal earlier this month and UPS brought my passport this afternoon with a rejection letter ticking Insufficient funds to sustain trip and Bank transaction lacks credibility.
My host whos my aunt attached her bank statement and I also attached my salary statement and my mutual funds statement too, all totaling about 5m. So I'm really confused as to what they mean by insufficient funds. I also didn`t just fund the account for this trip.
Please is it better I appeal or just reapply?. Can anyone suggest if there`s something I missed out. Its suppose be a renewal.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Simplechap: 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2020
Please house, can one use mutual funds statement of account as bank statement for study visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by krumking(m): 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2020
Hi Guys, has anyone gone to VFS lately, is it still by walk ins or appointment
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Goodman247: 9:23pm On Nov 29, 2020
Try to be creative anywhere you go, look at the environment,what do they really need that is lacking, fill that gap, create job for yourself, did you keep job in South Africa bfor,

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Goodman247: 9:26pm On Nov 29, 2020
wine4dguy:

did you keep a job there, be creative and create a job for yourself
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by LOquence: 4:08am On Nov 30, 2020
Goodman247:
Try to be creative anywhere you go, look at the environment,what do they really need that is lacking, fill that gap, create job for yourself, did you keep job in South Africa bfor,
well said the truth is that some people just want spoonfeeding. Even in the US ,you have to hustle and bustle your way through.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lymelyte(m): 4:20am On Nov 30, 2020
LOquence:
well said the truth is that some people just want spoonfeeding. Even in the US,you have to hustle and bustle your way through
it is not easy anywhere..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by krumking(m): 5:25am On Nov 30, 2020
??
krumking:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bivoprad(f): 5:42pm On Nov 30, 2020
Yes
Gratefulme:

Hi, are you going for nclex?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2020
krumking:
??
I was at VFS today. I used VIP section to apply for Visitor visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by krumking(m): 11:47pm On Nov 30, 2020
How much is everything
chemashie:

I was at VFS today. I used VIP section to apply for Visitor visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by westland0556: 1:46am On Dec 01, 2020
krumking:
??

Can someone help confirm this....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 3:37am On Dec 01, 2020
krumking:
How much is everything
I used VIP section to submit my documents for visitor visa (Postdoc). The VIP section attracts additional ₦12500. I think I paid ₦41k+ in all. Normal section should be around ₦28k. Make sure you submit this week because embassy is likely to close for the year after this week.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justt: 6:22am On Dec 01, 2020
chemashie:
I used VIP section to submit my documents for visitor visa (Postdoc). The VIP section attracts additional ₦12500. I think I paid ₦41k+ in all. Normal section should be around ₦28k. Make sure you submit this week because embassy is likely to close for the year after this week.

Really @the bolder with VIP treatment?
I didn't use VIP section because people were not many. I only met a guy there so obviously there was no need for VIP. But I paid #40,471 including courier charges. Does your fees include courier?

I hope I have not been scammed?! Last year when I went to Italy, courier fees was half of what I paid this year. I wonder why so much difference.

(1) (2) (3) ... (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.