Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,341 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1726572 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Theyoungmatron: 7:42am On Mar 17, 2021
Please how do we process the COVID-19 test for traveling?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mercydecy: 7:53am On Mar 17, 2021
samtol4:
Congratulations. Admission for 2021 has closed now. You need to start the saqa evaluation process and get all documents ready. Applications will soon open for 2022. Transcripts, degree certificates and passport will be needed for the entire process. More importantly , you need to contact potential supervisors in your chosen university . Admission process for medical sciences programme is extremely competitive, hence you must start on time.
thanks for the response, do you mind dropping your contact address please?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mercydecy: 8:26am On Mar 17, 2021
Good morning house, Please i applied for SA visit visa in December and it was denied, so it was written that My application would only be considered after 6months
Must I wait or I can just reapply ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bukundy: 10:38am On Mar 17, 2021
Omo....lol

Blurpy:
Lol...I no wan japa sha
Just say I no sure of my return date yet
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by laeffizy(f): 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2021
Visit recommended labs,I can send you my doctor's contact.
Theyoungmatron:
Please how do we process the COVID-19 test for traveling?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bazzyblings: 1:14pm On Mar 17, 2021
Mercydecy:
Good morning house, Please i applied for SA visit visa in December and it was denied, so it was written that My application would only be considered after 6months
Must I wait or I can just reapply ?

What was the reason for denial ? What was the total available balance on your bank statement ? When did you know that it was denied ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by FunmilAnu: 1:38pm On Mar 17, 2021
bukundy:
People who applied in January are being attended to while some of us who applied in December are yet to hear from them.....I really don't understand them again..
Have you gotten your visa yet.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mercydecy: 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2021
bazzyblings:

What was the reason for denial ? What was the total available balance on your bank statement ? When did you know that it was denied ?
The reason for denial was “provided incorrect contact details “ and the stamp on it shows 29th of january
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by FunmilAnu: 1:44pm On Mar 17, 2021
Please as anyone who submitted in January in Lagos gotten response for study permit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NigerianJobs(m): 3:52pm On Mar 17, 2021
Blurpy:
Ok thanks
Ups brought mine

UPS brought my passport today. 3 months multiple entry visitors visa.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rilarf: 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2021
Congratulations.. please when did you apply?
NigerianJobs:

UPS brought my passport today. 3 months multiple entry visitors visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
Blurpy:
What if you don't stay in Lagos
Assuming I landed in Lagos but I reside in asaba. Would I need to pay the 51k post arrival test

Please i will be more appreciate if you can give me your contact or better still email it to me on opsycomshadanmi@gmail.com . I'm just staying for 2 night in Johannesburg and I wanted to ask where the covid 19 test you mention that I will do for 850rand before leaving South Africa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2021
Blurpy:
What if you don't stay in Lagos
Assuming I landed in Lagos but I reside in asaba. Would I need to pay the 51k post arrival test

Please i will be more appreciate if you can give me your contact or better still email it to me on opsycomshadanmi@gmail.com . I'm just staying for 2 night in Johannesburg and I wanted to ask about he covid19 test you said I will do for 850rand before I will board my flight back to Nigeria. Where the covid19 test would be done
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by alert20: 4:28pm On Mar 17, 2021
Mercydecy:

The reason for denial was “provided incorrect contact details “ and the stamp on it shows 29th of january

1. how much balance do you have when you submit your application?

2. Do you book hotel accommodation or you wrote you will be staying with someone ...

Lastly I will shoot that Eco at the back of the head if he/she stamp my precious pp with refusal ... UK and Schengen sef no fit try am
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 17, 2021
Gidariro:

The only issues are Covid-19 related.
1. A mandatory Covid-19 test in Nigeria within 72 hours of arriving in South Africa. If you arriving South Africa on Monday, you should have done Covid-19 test on Friday.

2. The immigration department only check your body temperature and result of test done in Nigeria.

3. Another test will be done when you are leaving South Africa. It costs R850, valid for 96 hours of arriving Nigeria.

4. Payment of N51000 ( if you stay in Lagos) into NCDC account before arriving Nigeria for another test seven days after landing in Nigeria.

Note
There is no short cut to all these tests. No airline will check you in if you dont have proof tests and proof of payment for NCDC NCDC post arrival test.

Please i will be more appreciate if you can give me your contact or better still email it to me on opsycomshadanmi@gmail.com . I'm just staying for 2 night in Johannesburg and I wanted to ask about he covid19 test you said I will do for 850rand before I will board my flight back to Nigeria. Apart from the one I will book online through NCD , Where the covid19 test in South Africa would be done?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by NigerianJobs(m): 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2021
Rilarf:
Congratulations.. please when did you apply?

Dec 11, 2020

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Gidariro: 2:58am On Mar 18, 2021
odugbemiopeyemi:

Please i will be more appreciate if you can give me your contact or better still email it to me on opsycomshadanmi@gmail.com . I'm just staying for 2 night in Johannesburg and I wanted to ask about he covid19 test you said I will do for 850rand before I will board my flight back to Nigeria. Apart from the one I will book online through NCD , Where the covid19 test in South Africa would be done?

I did mine in Cape Town with this hospital: PathCare. Check their address online if they are available in Johannesburg. You can also go to DisChem Pharmacy for the same test.

Good luck.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayodeleajayi220: 6:55am On Mar 18, 2021
Good morning house, please what are the documents that will be checked by immigration officers before boarding and also is it a must to book for return ticket for study permit while going. Urgent response needed
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 9:00am On Mar 18, 2021
ayodeleajayi220:
Good morning house, please what are the documents that will be checked by immigration officers before boarding and also is it a must to book for return ticket for study permit while going. Urgent response needed

You don't need return flight ticket for Study visas but you may not be able to apply for Personal Travel Allowance without it.

Get your accommodation sorted and a copy of your admission letter ready for the immigration officers and ofcourse tip money for naija immigration dudes if you aren't cut out for long stories. grin

Safe trip.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by laeffizy(f): 9:07am On Mar 18, 2021
I booked a return ticket cos I thought I could get BTA with it. Well, banks no longer give BTA. I was also happy I booked return as the airport people kept asking for my return ticket.
080bjaked:

You don't need return flight ticket for Study visas but you may not be able to apply for Personal Travel Allowance without it.

Get your accommodation sorted and a copy of your admission letter ready for the immigration officers and ofcourse tip money for naija immigration dudes if you aren't cut out for long stories. grin

Safe trip.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kizonero(m): 11:48am On Mar 18, 2021
Blurpy:
I didn't book any hotel
My contact there wrote a letter of invitation attached with proof of residence

Ok brother. Pls i want to get something clear and if you can take your time to explain I will appreciate. Anyone who may know, should please explain more.

*Aside letter of invitation and proof of residence, what else he or she inviting provide.
* Most the person inviting be a citizen of SA.
* Can a female citizen of SA invite a Nigerian over for vacation in the republic
* If the person inviting state that he or she will take care of the person over there, do I still need to present a statement of account.
* Lastly, how do I write my introduction letter if I am being invited.
* Again, the letter of invitation and proof of residence, did you have it in your possession before going for the submission at VFS

Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 12:18pm On Mar 18, 2021
i did mine at a close by in sandton city Lancet Laboratories
odugbemiopeyemi:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 1:43pm On Mar 18, 2021
laeffizy:
I booked a return ticket cos I thought I could get BTA with it. Well, banks no longer give BTA. I was also happy I booked return as the airport people kept asking for my return ticket.

Some banks still sell PTA. I don't know about BTA for now but you could have gotten PTA from specific GT branches e.g. the one at Adeola Odeku.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Blurpy: 1:47pm On Mar 18, 2021
The person should have perm residence if not a citizen of SA. Yes ,a female citizen can invite you successfully if there's proof of funds in her bank statement.
No, if it's invitation letter, the person inviting you will submit his own Bank statement for assessment,you won't submit yours..
There's a simple format ,it doesn't require much details, the computer centers near vfs office have it,I can check for mine though.
The invitation letter would be submitted in the vfs application,so the person should have it ready.
I hope I've answered your questions
kizonero:

Ok brother. Pls i want to get something clear and if you can take your time to explain I will appreciate. Anyone who may know, should please explain more.

*Aside letter of invitation and proof of residence, what else he or she inviting provide.
* Most the person inviting be a citizen of SA.
* Can a female citizen of SA invite a Nigerian over for vacation in the republic
* If the person inviting state that he or she will take care of the person over there, do I still need to present a statement of account.
* Lastly, how do I write my introduction letter if I am being invited.
* Again, the letter of invitation and proof of residence, did you have it in your possession before going for the submission at VFS

Thank you

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 1:53pm On Mar 18, 2021
Mercydecy:
thanks for the response, do you mind dropping your contact address please?
here is my email samumo80@yahoo.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timaji2003: 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2021
FunmilAnu:
Please as anyone who submitted in January in Lagos gotten response for study permit.
A family friend applied towards the end of January but her study visa was denied when the person received the passport back.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kizonero(m): 7:01pm On Mar 18, 2021
Blurpy:
The person should have perm residence if not a citizen of SA. Yes ,a female citizen can invite you successfully if there's proof of funds in her bank statement.
No, if it's invitation letter, the person inviting you will submit his own Bank statement for assessment,you won't submit yours..
There's a simple format ,it doesn't require much details, the computer centers near vfs office have it,I can check for mine though.
The invitation letter would be submitted in the vfs application,so the person should have it ready.
I hope I've answered your questions

You answered well bro. Thank you. This is my email address, kizitoagumadu2020@gmail.com.....pls I will like to have the sample of yours simple format for the letter... thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2021
Nice to see this thread doing fine and many people gaining a lot from here. It’s good to be back here after many years probably since 2012 or 2013. God bless everyone who took time to assist others with whatever information shared here. I can’t continue to mention names but I pray God almighty will continue to bless you for assisting others achieving their goals.

Gbam !

Over and out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qhunlay: 1:28pm On Mar 19, 2021
collinsfbi:
Nice to see this thread doing fine and many people gaining a lot from here. It’s good to be back here after many years probably since 2012 or 2013. God bless everyone who took time to assist others with whatever information shared here. I can’t continue to mention names but I pray God almighty will continue to bless you for assisting others achieving their goals.

Gbam !

Over and out

@collinsfbi is back!

You started the good work and so many people have been sustaining it. It's great to have you back, hope we'll be seeing more of you here again now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ceesnation: 1:30pm On Mar 19, 2021
Please has anyone ever received a non-complaint email from SAQA?... I received one stating the consent form was not completely filled. Missed DOB (while in a haste). However, I immediately resubmitted. Since then I have not heard from them.
What do I do next?
Do I need to contact my Uni to send them a verification of my certificate. Or just wait for SAQA?
My employer sent me a letter of sponsorship and accommodation. Do I still need to attach personal bank statements?
Can I hand fill the visa form? or use Adobe
Are photocopies of my birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport biodata page supposed to be certified before submission for visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ceesnation: 1:36pm On Mar 19, 2021
Many many thanks to you.
My employer has accommodation for me. How do I prove this. They stated it an the financial support letter ... is this sufficient for submission?

qhunlay:

I believe the total amount to be paid is a function of the factors selected:

One (first) qualification submitted: R1700-00
Each subsequent qualification submitted: R850-00
Courier delivery: African continent R275-00

So you will pay between R1975 and R2825

Also, you don't need to send hard copies, just upload your documents and they will contact your school for confirmation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qhunlay: 1:49pm On Mar 19, 2021
Ceesnation:
Please has anyone ever received a non-complaint email from SAQA?... I received one stating the consent form was not completely filled. Missed DOB (while in a haste). However, I immediately resubmitted. Since then I have not heard from them.
What do I do next?
Do I need to contact my Uni to send them a verification of my certificate. Or just wait for SAQA?
My employer sent me a letter of sponsorship and accommodation. Do I still need to attach personal bank statements?
Can I hand fill the visa form? or use Adobe
Are photocopies of my birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport biodata page supposed to be certified before submission for visa?

Whoa, whoa, whoa.....let's take it one after another. SAQA evaluation of your foreign qualification is different from visa application.

For the SAQA part, you need to have a contact person at your higher institution, preferably someone in the admin office, who will be helping you to follow up on it. Most times, some schools delay the process when they don't respond to SAQA on time and SAQA will not do anything until your they hear from your school.

On the visa application part, you are always required to fill the form using a black ink pen, so leave Adobe out of it. Also, together with your employer's letter of sponsorship and accommodation, it is very much necessary that you include your own personal bank statement of account.

If I may ask, what category of visa are you applying for?

(1) (2) (3) ... (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.