Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1722886 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) ... (913) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rilarf: 9:10am On May 03, 2021
Who has Rands for naira?
Good morning house
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Js22621: 10:14am On May 03, 2021
@35
Rilarf:
Who has Rands for naira?
Good morning house
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 11:52am On May 03, 2021
Rilarf:
Who has Rands for naira?
Good morning house

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KazikageSama: 11:54am On May 03, 2021
Geenosko:

I sent you a DM please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ceesnation: 1:58pm On May 03, 2021
Thank you so much. I have been informed that it has been sent via courier. Should I also expect an E-copy (is that what you mean by digital certificate?

Ejoseblazer:

Hello Ceesnation, I understand your situation but please don't be too perturbed or overstress yourself. I want to believe you got a similar mail like this when SAQA acknowledged the receipt of verification from your university;

Good Day

Please note that additional information was received from the university yesterday. It will now be quality reviewed.
Soon as feedback is received you will be notified.

Kindly note that there is no action required from you.

Kind Regards

A follow-up email from SAQA was sent to me 5 days from the above email. Here is what the email states:

SAQA Application 0200xxxxxxxx. Received additional information. File in comparison phase. Maximum completion date xx-xx-202x

So, in my own case, it took exactly 2 weeks from the date of this verification acknowledgment & 1 week from the date of email follow-up to receive my SAQA evaluation completion with a digital certificate.

Just ignore this; (SAQA website says 2-20 working days) as this is an ideal case, where they do not encounter any challenge during the quality review, which usually involves confirming the accreditation of your program from the Nigerian University Commission (NUC) or whatever body that accredits the institutions within the country you schooled.

In summary, it should take within a month's time or less to get your certificate, just chill and like they said you really don't need to do anything, except it is being asked of you.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ceesnation: 2:00pm On May 03, 2021
Congratulations. The information you have provided is quite useful. God bless you real good.

Ejoseblazer:
Study Permit Approved!

Date of Submission: 20th January 2021
Passport Receipt Date: 27th April 2021 (Delivered via courier)
VFS Centre of Submission: Port Harcourt

STUDY PERMIT PACK/DOCUMENTS USED;

1. Application Form (DHA - 1738) fully completed in black ink only

2. Two identical passport size (35mm widthx45mm height) photographs on white background showing the
complete face (took the passport photographs at N1,000 the same day of my study visa submission, and with the photographer the VFS center, just to make sure it is done with the accepted format).

3. A valid passport

4. Copy of passport data page (2 colored copies).

5. Self-introduction letter with my physical address and phone number (made it one page).
Also included my current job and why I need to go for a Masters, and specifically why the course (Industrial Engineering) and school (DUT) and my plans after studies. I stated that in addition to the 100% tuition waiver received from my intending school, I would be supporting my living cost from my employment savings. I also explained why I am using two accounts statements, and while one is 6 months instead of the statutory 3 months.

6. Introduction/Recommendation letter from my employer, signed with contact details, (with physical
address and phone numbers).
Included was just my date of employment, role, and awareness of the fact that I am planning to leave for studies.

7. Seven days verifiable hotel reservation/bookings done directly with:
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS DURBAN - UMHLANGA
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/reservation
(free without charges)

8. Copy of international traveling certificate (yellow fever card) duly and fully completed by a health
practitioner. Spent roughly N5,000 to get them together and I did the vaccination too.

9. Proof of financial status (bank statement from salary account-6 months and 3 months from another
personal account) (Original, Stamped & Signed by the bank authority)

My salary account had around N5,000 while the other had over a N1million (bulk of it was deposited the same day I printed the statement of account, this is not advisable though).

The reason I used the 6 months is due to the nature of my work, where I had to work for 3 months paid, and 3 months no work no pay. The 3 months unpaid fell within the point of visa application, so I had to get up to 6 months statement to validate my claims of employment.

10. Non-Refundable Visa Fee of around N60,000 (inclusive of service charge), this is high since I submitted my application in Port Harcourt.

11. Booked Verifiable Flight (free without charges). Kenya Airways from Lagos to Durban.

12. Police Clearance (spent around N25,000), since I did not do it in Lagos.

13. Medical Report spent around N7,000 for the medical test, with a government hospital gave me a hospital report, with their letter-head and still endorsed the medical report document I printed from the visa application website.

14. Radiological Report (the Doctor at the government hospital recommended me to do it with a private diagnostic center where I did mine), spent around N9,000
After doing the test, the hospital gave me a hospital report, with their letterhead, and still endorsed the radiological report document I printed from the visa application website.

15. An official letter confirming provisional acceptance at Durban University of Technology (DUT) and the duration of the course.
Included in this letter is 100% tuition waiver.

16. Letter of Undertaking from DUT, provided by Department of International Education & Partnership

17. Proof of annual medical cover payment from momentum health insurance (paid R5460, roughly around
N165,000 when I paid because I made the payment at the black market price).

18. Proof of membership from momentum health insurance (this was sent to my mail within 24 hours after
paying the R5460)

I return all Glory to GOD

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Infoparlour: 5:18pm On May 03, 2021
Hello Guiz, I got my study permit last week after applying since feb 22. I will be flying to johannesburg through air peace on sunday morning with the 1am flight . can someone recommend somewhere in ikeja where i can do corona test and should I do it on friday or saturday, considering the fact that I will be checking in for the flight by saturday 11pm

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DanIduh06: 5:59pm On May 03, 2021
Ejoseblazer:

Durban University of Technology (DUT) Included in this letter is 100% tuition waiver.

I return all Glory to GOD
Show us how to get tuition waiver in any SA universities. We want to come for postgraduate studies over there (masters or PhD ).
Regards

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Splendor1: 6:00pm On May 03, 2021
Hi everyone.
Who has used an Airbnb booking for visit visa application? Any disadvantage of booking an Airbnb as hotel?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TJBQF: 7:46pm On May 03, 2021
Hello guys

Please how do I go about this? Do I need to submit all the documents I used in applying initially and how much would the appeal cost?

Thanks.
P.S: the host is my brother-in-law.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ejoseblazer(m): 7:58pm On May 03, 2021
Ceesnation:
Thank you so much. I have been informed that it has been sent via courier. Should I also expect an E-copy (is that what you mean by digital certificate?

Congrats!
You should expect a hard-copy at the address you used to expect receipt, during your application.
Digital certificate can be accessed by logging into your SAQA application profile to make download.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ejoseblazer(m): 8:00pm On May 03, 2021
Ceesnation:
Congratulations. The information you have provided is quite useful. God bless you real good.

Amen and you too, speed in your applications!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ejoseblazer(m): 8:02pm On May 03, 2021
DanIduh06:

Show us how to get tuition waiver in any SA universities.
We want to come for postgraduate studies over there (masters or PhD ).

Regards

From my personal research & having secured supervisors from all the schools, which I would mention below, except for UKZn which did not have my intended course.

For Tuition Waiver;

Honestly, I can't say for all SA universities but for universities in KwaZulu-Natal province (Durban University of Tech. DUT, University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZn).

The little I know could help to fund your studies apart from getting external scholarships, would be securing a supervisor who can provide you with bursary from grant won. And these Bursaries usually cover full/half tuition, and part or whole of living cost.

Stellenbosch Uni. (SU) is generous with bursaries especially for engineering programs, and also do have international postgraduate bursary/scholarships (partial) for all new entrants, competitive though.

University of Johannesburg (UJ) seems more lenient with funding researches having industry 4.0 contents & perspectives. But you need to have secured a supervisor too.

University of Witswaterand-Witts Uni, appears to fund more of international PhD candidates than Masters. They as well have a PostGraduate Merit Award, which is applied alongside your admission application.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ejoseblazer(m): 8:57pm On May 03, 2021
Infoparlour:
Hello Guiz, I got my study permit last week after applying since feb 22. I will be flying to johannesburg through air peace on sunday morning with the 1am flight . can someone recommend somewhere in ikeja where i can do corona test and should I do it on friday or saturday, considering the fact that I will be checking in for the flight by saturday 11pm

Congratulations!
Friday is better and this might be a good test location for you;
Synlab Nigeria
66 Oduduwa Way, Ikeja, Lagos

But you can call or send an email to a friend of mine; eddykurrenttravelagency@gmail.com (08181140032) to get a better advise and maybe book the test for you. It's all your choice, to what you prefer.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnot: 9:35pm On May 03, 2021
TJBQF:
Hello guys

Please how do I go about this? Do I need to submit all the documents I used in applying initially and how much would the appeal cost?

Thanks.
When did you apply for the visa and how long did it take them to process ? Its usually less cumbersome to go as a tourist
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TJBQF: 10:38pm On May 03, 2021
March 10th
abnot:

When did you apply for the visa and how long did it take them to process ? Its usually less cumbersome to go as a tourist
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DanIduh06: 11:05pm On May 03, 2021
Ejoseblazer:

From my personal research & having secured supervisors from all the schools, which I would mention below, except for UKZn which did not have my intended course.

For Tuition Waiver;

Honestly, I can't say for all SA universities but for universities in KwaZulu-Natal province (Durban University of Tech. DUT, University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZn).

The little I know could help to fund your studies apart from getting external scholarships, would be securing a supervisor who can provide you with bursary from grant won. And these Bursaries usually cover full/half tuition, and part or whole of living cost.

Stellenbosch Uni. (SU) is generous with bursaries especially for engineering programs, and also do have international postgraduate bursary/scholarships (partial) for all new entrants, competitive though.

University of Johannesburg (UJ) seems more lenient with funding researches having industry 4.0 contents & perspectives. But you need to have secured a supervisor too.

University of Witswaterand-Witts Uni, appears to fund more of international PhD candidates than Masters. They as well have a PostGraduate Merit Award, which is applied alongside your admission application.

Thank you so much.
I really need this now.
I work in a federal university, and the need for higher qualification (s) is pressing.
I can fund other fees but tuition.
I look forward to hearing from you again.
May God continue to bless you.
Regards.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ceesnation: 12:45pm On May 04, 2021
Thanks a great deal, seen.

Congrats!
You should expect a hard-copy at the address you used to expect receipt, during your application.
Digital certificate can be accessed by logging into your SAQA application profile to make download.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 12:47pm On May 04, 2021
do u submit any document showing your relationship with your host
you didnt convince them that your host is your brother

TJBQF:
Hello guys

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ejoseblazer(m): 12:59pm On May 04, 2021
DanIduh06:

Thank you so much.
I really need this now.
I work in a federal university, and the need for higher qualification (s) is pressing.
Regards.

A pleasure. You can DM me.

And you too, blessing!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ejoseblazer(m): 1:02pm On May 04, 2021
Ceesnation:

Hello,
Please if a notary public certify my SAQA cert and Passport copies will it be acceptable?
I understand the courts are on strike. CcEjoseblazer

Yes, it should be acceptable.

But trying to know why you need to certify your SAQA Certificate & Passport. I have not certified any of those my documents till date...well, it may be for a purpose or course I did not need.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ejoseblazer(m): 1:10pm On May 04, 2021
Ceesnation:

Hello,
Please if a notary public certify my SAQA cert and Passport copies will it be acceptable?
I understand the courts are on strike. CcEjoseblazer

You're welcome.

Yes, it should be acceptable.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TJBQF: 1:21pm On May 04, 2021
I was ill-advised but I realize that now. I have the necessary documents to add but I want to be sure whether or not if I need to submit all the documents I used in applying initially and how much would I be charged for an appeal?
pufframmy:
do u submit any document showing your relationship with your host
you didnt convince them that your host is your brother

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by funshobabs(m): 1:55pm On May 04, 2021
If you complete your masters in less than two years, you will be given Postgraduate Merit Award. It covers tuition for the duration of your program and stipends to the tune of 4800Rand every three months. This is for university of Witwatersrand prospective students. It is automatic you don't even have to apply for it. .
DanIduh06:

Thank you so much.
I really need this now.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by gboyee80(m): 2:01pm On May 04, 2021
Good afternoon house, Pls do I need covid-19 vaccine card(Evidence that I've taken the covid 19 vaccine) as part of the documents to be submitted for South Africa tourist visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 2:19pm On May 04, 2021
DONT waste time appealing,
just reapply straight
TJBQF:
I was ill-advised but I realize that now. I have the necessary documents to add but I want to be sure whether or not if I need to submit all the documents I used in applying initially and how much would I be charged for an appeal?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OdogwuEkeke(m): 2:39pm On May 04, 2021
Hi Patriots,

I am new here, I want to know if for the SAQA I am meant to pay all these?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnot: 5:40pm On May 04, 2021
TJBQF:
Hello guys

Thanks.
Sorry to bother . Did you have to go pick up your passport at vfs ? Also when did you go pick it up? Mine has been stuck with them since 1st week of March and I can’t reach them over the phone
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TJBQF: 5:46pm On May 04, 2021
No. Ups dropped it off on the 27th of April.
abnot:

Sorry to bother . Did you have to go pick up your passport at vfs ? Also when did you go pick it up? Mine has been stuck with them since 1st week of March and I can’t reach them over the phone
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnot: 5:58pm On May 04, 2021
TJBQF:
No. Ups dropped it off on the 27th of April.
Ok thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by odehbrainard: 6:52pm On May 04, 2021
Hello house. Please can anyone help me with the current requirements for South African visiting visa for three months?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by baba4thegehs: 7:02pm On May 04, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
Hi Patriots,

I am new here, I want to know if for the SAQA I am meant to pay all these?

You only have to pay for the first time evaluation fee for your your qualification.

And maybe delivery depend on the institution request

Evaluation report can also be viewed online by 2 parties.

(1) (2) (3) ... (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) ... (913) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.