Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Inserting Adsense Into My Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Inserting Adsense Into My Website (2035 Views)

Inserting Ads (adsense, Buzzcity, Admob And Inmobi) To SMF Wap2 (mobile Version) / Inserting Hit Counter And Analogue Clock On Webpage / Inserting Data In Excel Into Mysql Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inserting Adsense Into My Website by BUGS12: 9:03pm On May 22, 2012
Pls can someone help me insert google ads into my website i already have d adsense account and d ads
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by webmpro(m): 8:21am On May 23, 2012
I cant really view ur site nw cos am busy,. If ur site is static, u may consider placin the adds via: the html code place ur icon nd mouse where u want to place the adds nd the switch to the code view if u re using dreamweaver. Do this b4 uploading . But if u've already uploaded to ur host/server then use the edit option in ur file manager. But if the site is built on CMS, then u can use plugins 4 easier approach.

1 Like

Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by yawatide(f): 12:08pm On May 23, 2012
Ads come in different shapes and sizes. After you create your ads (pretty straight forward process), the last step is where google gives you the code to insert on your site. Highlight it and do a copy. Then go to your website and place it in the right spot(s). If it is a tower ad (160x600), place it such that it is vertical on your site (left or right). If it is the long horizontal one (728x90), place it at the top and/or bottom of your site.

Make sense?

1 Like

Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by BUGS12: 2:06pm On May 23, 2012
Pls webmpro or yawa-tide can i give u my website complete ftp details so u can help me do it, cos i really need it urgently on my forum. I will will be very grtful, d name of my forum is in ma signature, thanks!
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by BUGS12: 2:18pm On May 23, 2012
I just sent a friend request to both of u, so if u accept i can send all d details to ur mails, pls help!
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by yawatide(f): 3:57pm On May 23, 2012
Oh so this is for a forum? You will need to know the exact file (most likely in a .tpl file or whatever given that they are most likely coding in MVC format) to update. Sure, let's YIM about it before going any further.
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by BUGS12: 4:45pm On May 23, 2012
@yawa, u may need to accept my friend request so i can send messages to u cos i dont no ur email address, thanx
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by yawatide(f): 5:01pm On May 23, 2012
yawatide
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by BUGS12: 5:36pm On May 23, 2012
Sorry yawa-ti-de, but is ur email yawatide@yahoo so i can send u d ftp details, i really appreciate.
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by yawatide(f): 5:43pm On May 23, 2012
yes it is
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by BUGS12: 5:48pm On May 23, 2012
Ok am sendin it now, tnkx!
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by BUGS12: 6:02pm On May 23, 2012
@yawatide, i just sent u my ftp details and my google adsense details, thnx!
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by yawatide(f): 6:09pm On May 23, 2012
and I have responded
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by BUGS12: 6:24pm On May 23, 2012
I just responded 2. Tankx
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by webmpro(m): 7:39am On May 24, 2012
@ BUG nd Yawatide, hope the adds re on and active nw?
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by yawatide(f): 11:32am On May 24, 2012
Not yet: I was asked to verify some gmail questions as I was not logging on from his location. I consequently sent OP an email asking for the answers to whatever verification questions he set up for his account. I will check my email again in about 3 hours or so.

I must say though, OP has so much trust in me that he gives me his adsense and ftp usernames and passwords. I mean, what if I was a real bad person and set up my own ads on his forum? tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by BUGS12: 11:45am On May 24, 2012
@yawatide, I knew i could trust u dat was why, i gave the full details to u, and u have helped alot of people here too, that was why i did it, thanks once more.
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by yawatide(f): 12:38pm On May 24, 2012
aaaw, now I am blushing grin

As stated earlier, provided you have sent me the answers to your verification questions, I will take a look at your site in another 2 hours or so. Time to get ready for work.
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by yawatide(f): 12:45pm On May 24, 2012
Update:
OP, You still haven't sent me the answers to your verification questions and/or your phone number. Without this, I can't proceed to your adsense account.
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by BUGS12: 1:36pm On May 24, 2012
I sent my phone numbers to ur mail last nite, but let me send it again, which oda verification do i need to give?
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by BUGS12: 2:10pm On May 24, 2012
I just sent my number to ur mail. Again.
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by yawatide(f): 6:43pm On May 24, 2012
Okay, will check in another 2 hrs or so. Busy on a project currently. They had asked for phone number or the answer to a security question. I detailed it in the email I sent you yesterday.

Again, I will check it out in a couple of hours and report back here and/or ur email.
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by BUGS12: 7:00pm On May 24, 2012
Ok, i sent d email, i will be expectin ur reply.
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by BUGS12: 7:48am On May 25, 2012
@webmpro, please can i send u my ftp details so you can help me insert the ads to my site, cos up till now i havnt heard from yawatide. Thanks!
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by yawatide(f): 12:14pm On May 25, 2012
I am around, albeit a bit busy. Sorry about that. Was working on something due at work today. I will look at it in the next 2 hours or so. In the even that someone else does during this time, let me know so that we don't overwrite each other's work.

Again, apologies for dragging it out.

1 Like

Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by yawatide(f): 1:04pm On May 25, 2012
UPDATE:
1) I have been able to log into your cpanel and adsense accounts

2) You didn't mention where exactly to put the ad (header, footer, both?) so I put it directly above the navigation

3) File to modify (search for "main_menu"wink: /Themes/default/index.template.php

4) Ad isn't showing as at the time of this posting. This is most likely because no ads have been sourced by google yet and you probably didn't tell adsense to serve a public service announcement in its till then. You might want to log in to your adsense account to do this.

5) Right now, the ad will be global but if you give me another 20 minutes or so, I will add conditionals to enable it show up on the forum boards you mentioned.

Thanks and sorry once again for the delays

1 Like

Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by yawatide(f): 1:17pm On May 25, 2012
UPDATE 2:
I am done making changes to your forum.

I decided to go the crude approach (Hey! It works tongue), due to time constraints and because I feel it will be the easiest for you to follow:

1) In the same file quoted above, I have added a switch statement, based on the URI (portion of URL after the ".com"wink you are on.

2) If URI matches the 3 boards you sent me (computer repairs, satellite and home and something else I can't remember now), the ad shows.

3) You will notice in the code that each page is determined by the board number. You can add to this in the future.

4) Note that should you decide to tell your SMF to use SEO-friendly URLs, you will need to update the above file to reflect the page names

5) I have added comments in the code that will hopefully make the code make sense to you

6) Feel free to subject my code to code/peer review

I hope I have done my work well cool

1 Like

Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by BUGS12: 3:20pm On May 25, 2012
@yawatide, thanks, i really appreciate what u have done for the forum, i must admit i lost hope dough, but i checked d site but the ads havn't appeared yet or doest it take 24 hours to come up?
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by yawatide(f): 4:08pm On May 25, 2012
When I promise to do something, I do it, albeit it may take longer than usual. Slow and steady wins the race wink

As for the ads, it could be a variety of factors so I don't want to speculate on a particular one: ur ads not activated, ur account not activated, ur account banned by google, you not specifying alternative ads to run on ur site until actual ads are available, etc

Give it till tomorrow and see what happens. For now, as you have confirmed, the space for the ad is there.
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by BUGS12: 4:15pm On May 25, 2012
Thanks, lets wait till tomoro to see. U got me scared with u said my account was banned by google, but i guess the account is fine. Thanks!
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by yawatide(f): 4:37pm On May 25, 2012
Everything I have suggested above are mere speculations. No panic o, he he
Re: Inserting Adsense Into My Website by BUGS12: 7:58pm On May 25, 2012
Ok, thanks!

(1) (2) (Reply)

NEED A WEBSITE? Get One Within 7days / Google Adsense Accounts Available @affordable Price.. / 4k Followers Facebook Fan Page Up For Grabs @ 5k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.