Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Why The Street Naming Patern In Owerri - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why The Street Naming Patern In Owerri (852 Views)

Policeman Publicly Embarrass A Half-naked Girl On The Street- PICTURE / Picture Of Guys Urinating In The Street Of Abuja. / New 419 Patern (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Street Naming Patern In Owerri by sadiq88: 9:11pm On May 22, 2012
Pls can imolights here tell me why the major streets in owerri, i mean big commercial streets and exotic residential areas like wetheral, douglas, tetlow, royce etc were named after foreigners. Why? Is that not lack of patriotism? Why not name those streets after those that contributed positively to imo state or nigeria from the state, south east or even nigeria? And who are these foreigner? From where? Your objective contributions will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Why The Street Naming Patern In Owerri by sadiq88: 9:20pm On May 22, 2012
grin grin is it to make the city sound more oyinbo
Re: Why The Street Naming Patern In Owerri by Odunnu: 9:55pm On May 22, 2012
How edible is this?
Miiiiissssy wey u dey?
Re: Why The Street Naming Patern In Owerri by MissyB3(f): 10:43pm On May 22, 2012
Odunnu: How edible is this?
Miiiiissssy wey u dey?
See me, see wahala! grin I don't even know where to move this. Lol!
Re: Why The Street Naming Patern In Owerri by sadiq88: 6:58am On May 23, 2012
No answer yet? Missy B, why not put this in on politics or culture section? Thanks.
Re: Why The Street Naming Patern In Owerri by MissyB3(f): 9:00am On May 23, 2012
This, in my opinion, has nothing to do with neither politics nor culture, hence I moved it to the general section. I'm sorry if you do not like it here.
If the moderator of this section deems it necessary, he will move it to any of the sections you requested.

Topic:
I have no idea. Nigerians are known to exalt anything foreign, so it's not excluded that this is one of such instances.
Re: Why The Street Naming Patern In Owerri by sadiq88: 7:44pm On May 23, 2012
Nawao for the mods. This should be moved to appropriate section before i lose my temper or i will shut down this site. ;D0 Nawao for the mods. This should be moved to appropriate section before i lose my temper or i will shut down this site.
Re: Why The Street Naming Patern In Owerri by MissyB3(f): 10:06pm On May 23, 2012
sadiq88: Nawao for the mods. This should be moved to appropriate section before i lose my temper or i will shut down this site. ;D0 Nawao for the mods. This should be moved to appropriate section before i lose my temper or i will shut down this site.
Why was the thread not launched in the right section, in the first place?
Plus, this thread is fine where it is. Relax.

(1) (Reply)

'price Of Garri' Vs 'tribalism' / Good day / At Last! Join The Navy And See The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.