Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,839 members, 7,806,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations (9100 Views)

Alleged $2bn Fraud: FG Asks Court To Revoke Dasuki’s Bail / Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant / Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by oduasolja: 12:26pm On May 23, 2012

Firm threatens to revoke Ladipo market allocations

By Nwanosike Onu, Awka 27/04/2012 01:18:00

A firm, Paramo Investment Ventures, has threatened to revoke the allocation of shops at the Ladipo Spare Part International Market, Mushin, Lagos.

Its Managing Director, Mr Ajibade Olajoku [/color]said in a statement that some of the traders did not abide by the terms of the lease agreement.

Paramo has a 25-year lease agreement with Mushin Local Government on a build-manage-transfer basis over the market.
Olajoku said his firm’s agreement with the traders is that they would pay for 10 to 12 years in three installments as construction work progressed, but that most traders paid only one installment.

“The agreement was that they should complete the project and collect allocation papers, but what majority of the traders have is receipt of the first installment. No single allocation paper has been issued to anybody in the market.
“The traders are free to collect their money from us since they are not able to clear the payment, which implies that we can collect our property back from them.

“Besides, the traders have not been paying ‘stallage fees’ due to Paramo and Mushin Local Government for the past seven years.

“We are therefore left with no option than to call for the revocation of the allocation, to enable us re-allocate the shops to traders that are willing to pay our money so that we can recoup our investment,” Olajoku said.

But leader of the market, Jonathan Okoli, said Paramo has not fulfilled its obligations according to the lease agreement the traders entered with it.

He said Paramo “since inception has been causing trouble in the market,” adding that “they cannot revoke what they don’t have.”

“There is an agreement that binds the parties. Have they fulfilled their part? Those who have finished paying, have they given them their allocation papers? They have not.

“Did he (Olajoku) respect the agreement we have with his father’s company? He did not. Instead he’s causing trouble, laying forceful claim over the market,” Okoli said.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/44569-firm-threatens-to-revoke-ladipo-market-allocations.html
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by ZUBY77(m): 4:15pm On May 23, 2012
Silly wicked paramo. How do you expect people to pay 500,000 a year for 12 years in three installments?
Is it because only the Igbo people own shops there. How many Yoruba or hausa people can pay over 6 million naira for a 6 by 6 shop for 10 years?
Igbos should decide and start moving east. Let us see what they will do with Lagos. And if this is being tribal, then i have no problem being one.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Afam4eva(m): 4:49pm On May 23, 2012
The more you look at this case the less you understand. I've heard from both sides and from Mr Okoli's assertion, i may be towing his path.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:57pm On May 23, 2012
These paramo are criminals who are taking advantage of these hardworking Igbo trader in the name of lease agreement: am glad that they will be dealing with Nnewi boys cos they dominate that market. shocker is coming their way !!! YES,WE ARE THE MOST ACCOMODATING PEOPLE IN NIGERIA !!! GOD WILL PUNISH THEM. LAZY COWARDS !!!
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Afam4eva(m): 4:58pm On May 23, 2012
Please, someone who's very familiar with the issues should please put all the cards on the table so that we can discuss them.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by jason123: 4:59pm On May 23, 2012
NRI PRIEST: These paramo are criminals who are taking advantage of these hardworking Igbo trader in the name of lease agreement: am glad that they will be dealing with Nnewi boys cos they dominate that market. shocker is coming their way !!! YES,WE ARE THE MOST ACCOMODATING PEOPLE IN NIGERIA !!! GOD WILL PUNISH THEM. LAZY COWARDS !!!

grin grin grin . . .mehn, see bitterness!
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by blacksta(m): 5:00pm On May 23, 2012
OMG

Nigeria and its high fees - How business go survive - not a friendly business environment at all.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Afam4eva(m): 5:02pm On May 23, 2012
Nigerians are fond of defrauding their fellow country men. How is someone supposed to make money with such exorbitant fees.

1 Like

Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:12pm On May 23, 2012
jason123:

grin grin grin . . .mehn, see bitterness!

if at all i am bitter it is justified....but paramo is gonna lose the case if taken to court because there are lots of wealthy IGBOS in that market!! just watch and see.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by jason123: 5:18pm On May 23, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

if at all i am bitter it is justified....but paramo is gonna lose the case if taken to court because there are lots of wealthy IGBOS in that market!! just watch and see.

My friend to me, your statement of full of arrogance. So because there are a lot of WEALTH IGBOS, the firm should lose its right to her property? C'mon, you know better!

All in all, nothing dey happen! You are just stressing yourself!
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 23, 2012
Aren't these the same Nler that claimed that Fashola is trying to send Yorubas out of their homeland, back to other Yorubalands? Shebi na una say only the rich can live in Lagos.
Now 500k is TOO RICH?

Please, don't begin to claim tribes o. . . . I guess if you aint RICH enough, then you can pack your mouth and head back to the East.

I have no pity for imbe.cilic Igbos who rejoiced at Lagos being too expensive for "Yorubas" , now claiming that Lagos is being too expensive for "Igbos" too
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:27pm On May 23, 2012
jason123:

My friend to me, your statement of full of arrogance. So because there are a lot of WEALTH IGBOS, the firm should lose its right to her property? C'mon, you know better!

All in all, nothing dey happen! You are just stressing yourself!

Right,nottin dey happen!! lets keep watching...and did you call me arrogance ? funny coming from you alohaji harem who live your life on tribalistic bashing of the IGBOS...Itsekiri my a..ss.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:31pm On May 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Aren't these the same Nler that claimed that Fashola is trying to send Yorubas out of their homeland, back to other Yorubalands? Shebi na una say only the rich can live in Lagos.
Now 500k is TOO RICH?

Please, don't begin to claim tribes o. . . . I guess if you aint RICH enough, then you can pack your mouth and head back to the East.

I have no pity for imbe.cilic Igbos who rejoiced at Lagos being too expensive for "Yorubas" , now claiming that Lagos is being too expensive for "Igbos" too

yoruba in the east doest own a brick talk more of market stalls!! do you know how many Igbo owned stall in that ladipo market ? do you know how many billions the Igbos have invested in mushin ?

mama dudu,i will advice you to go eat you black amala with your unwashed hands,e..diotic jezebel!!!

1 Like

Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by oduasolja: 5:31pm On May 23, 2012
typical igbo. they pay rent for one year. then u will never collect rent ever again.

they paid one installment for the 25 year lease. and refused to pay after that.

but they are doing business there and making a living there.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 23, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

yoruba in the east doest own a brick talk more of market stalls!! do you know how many Igbo owned stall in that ladipo market ? do you know how many billions the Igbos have invested in mushin ?

mama dudu,i will advice you to go eat you black amala with your unwashed hands,e..diotic jezebel!!!

First of all, your first part has nothing to do with my post. Igbos can even own Abuja, congratulations.

Point is; when Yoruba shops were being turn over, when Yorubas were moving back to other Yorubalands, Igbos on NL were rejoicing. Chanting that only Lagos is for the "rich", that Fashola is sending Yorubas out of Lagos.

Now when Igbos can't pay their annual rents, you're mouthing off, making this a tribalistic issue. If it's too rich for them, let them pack back to the East where they'd be rich enough.

Hypocrites.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Rhino5dm: 5:39pm On May 23, 2012
. . .And they can't pay common 500K? Silly goats.

NRI PRIEST:

Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:41pm On May 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

First of all, your first part has nothing to do with my post. Igbos can even own Abuja, congratulations.

Point is; when Yoruba shops were being turn over, when Yorubas were moving back to other Yorubalands, Igbos on NL were rejoicing. Chanting that only Lagos is for the "rich", that Fashola is sending Yorubas out of Lagos.

Now when Igbos can't pay their annual rents, you're mouthing off, making this a tribalistic issue. If it's too rich for them, let them pack back to the East where they'd be rich enough.

Hypocrites.

has paramo kept their own part of the agreement NO! And you are calling me a hypocrite ?? stop sniffing bleach!
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 23, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

has paramo kept their own part of the agreement NO! And you are calling me a hypocrite ?? stop sniffing bleach!

“[size=18pt]The agreement was that they should complete the project and collect allocation papers[/size], but what majority of the traders have is receipt of the first installment. No single allocation paper has been issued to anybody in the market.
“[size=18pt]The traders are free to collect their money from us [/size]since they are not able to clear the payment, which implies that we can collect our property back from them.

Obviously the traders did not finish their own part of the agreement.

wolf. . . . .wolf. . . . wolf. . . . .keep crying wolf.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Abagworo(m): 5:45pm On May 23, 2012
I think the main guy is late and his poorly brought up son is towing the path of tribalism.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:47pm On May 23, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
. . .And they can't pay common 500K? Silly goats.

most traders in that market has paid up but not everybody has that kind of money but I dont expect a fool like you to know that since you dont even own a pin!! how many yorubas own stalls in that market ? answer is a big fat ZERO! Some yoruba that trade there dont own stalls but squat with the Igbos and pay monthly rents at a reasonable fee. some of you ppl are very wicked towards us because of our success. jealousy wont take you anywhere!!
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 23, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

most traders in that market has paid up but not everybody has that kind of money but I dont expect a fool like you to know that since you dont even own a pin!! how many yorubas own stalls in that market ? answer is a big fat ZERO! Some yoruba that trade there dont own stalls but squat with the Igbos and pay monthly rents at a reasonable fee. some of you ppl are very wicked towards us because of our success. jealousy wont take you anywhere!!

And you know that no Yoruba owns market because you did your research?

or you just assumed they didn't based on the tribalistic crap other Igbos post on NL? Probably the latter because you sound too uneducated at this point.

"But nukka, you aint gotta feel ashamed of inheriting your father's 'bend down pick up' underwear shop in Ladipo market. "
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:54pm On May 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Obviously the traders did not finish their own part of the agreement.

wolf. . . . .wolf. . . . wolf. . . . .keep crying wolf.

you read what you like and throw the rest away...u are a champ now jump up and clap for yourself. has paramo given allocation papers to those who has paid up ? NO! That guy is a criminal but he is in for a long haul because those who he is trying to sell the stalls to are 100% IGBOS !! How about that ?
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by NRIPRIEST(m): 5:58pm On May 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

And you know that no Yoruba owns market because you did your research?

or you just assumed they didn't based on the tribalistic crap other Igbos post on NL? Probably the latter because you sound too uneducated at this point.

"But nukka, you aint gotta feel ashamed of inheriting your father's 'bend down pick up' underwear shop in Ladipo market. "

when I was still in lagos my cousin own a stall there thats how i know most stall there belong to Nnewi ppl. 99% of the importers at ladipo are Igbos who have lived in japan and made their money in the 80s. the yorubas you will see there are mostly mechanics !!
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 23, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

you read what you like and throw the rest away...u are a champ now jump up and clap for yourself. has paramo given allocation papers to those who has paid up ? NO! That guy is a criminal but he is in for a long haul because those who he is trying to sell the stalls to are 100% IGBOS !! How about that ?

Okoli said they have not paid up. . . . until we hear otherwise, until the issue has been ironed out, then don't make it a tribalistic issue.
Those shops are not 100% Igbos, so go and do your research.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 23, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

when I was still in lagos my cousin own a stall there thats how i know most stall there belong to Nnewi ppl. 99% of the importers at ladipo are Igbos who have lived in japan and made their money in the 80s. the yorubas you will see there are mostly mechanics !!

So because your cousin owned a shop there, it made the market 100% Igbo-owned? That's if your cousin even owned a shop there.
I'm sure that more tribalistic Igbos will come here to buff up your story for you, since you're quickly sinking.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:07pm On May 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

So because your cousin owned a shop there, it made the market 100% Igbo-owned? That's if your cousin even owned a shop there.
I'm sure that more tribalistic Igbos will come here to buff up your story for you, since you're quickly sinking.

everybody that knows mushin well will know ladipo market is an exclusive Igbo venture! there are some trader who owns more than 5 stalls there and my cousin has become so rich he ships his own containers while you are there hating! have lived in lagos before cos you sounded like someone who doesnt know lagos very well!
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 23, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

everybody that knows mushin well will know ladipo market is an exclusive Igbo venture! there are some trader who owns more than 5 stalls there and my cousin has become so rich he ships his own containers while you are there hating! have lived in lagos before cos you sounded like someone who doesnt know lagos very well!

You are not "everybody".

Your posts are not just full of grammatical errors, but also full of assumptions. I beg you to do your research, stop living on what you "assume it is".
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:13pm On May 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

You are not "everybody".

Your posts are not just full of grammatical errors, but also full of assumptions. I beg you to do your research, stop living on what you "assume it is".

dont worry about my errors unless if you want me to write in Igbo. now you are boring me !
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 23, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

dont worry about my errors unless if you want me to write in Igbo. now you are boring me !

That would be better, then only your type would understand your warped logic.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by jason123: 6:17pm On May 23, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Right,nottin dey happen!! lets keep watching...and did you call me arrogance ? funny coming from you alohaji harem who live your life on tribalistic bashing of the IGBOS...Itsekiri my a..ss.

If its not arrogance, re-read this:

NRI PRIEST:

My friend, its is ARROGANCE and PRIDE!!! Relax a bit! *I'll choose to ignore your other rant*
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:21pm On May 23, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

That would be better, then only your type would understand your warped logic.

now its about my type. you dont even know me and the last thing on my mind is to come here and impress a f.ool like you. i guess you have nothing else to say,hence you resort to analyzing my english constructins. am done with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Millionaire Kola Aluko Spotted With Naomi Campbell(photos) / Reasons Why Tinubu's Teeth Is Yellow And Its Possible Cure (see Picture) / Olawepo Hashim Break Down Simple Steps To Successfully Eliminate Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.