Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,401 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students (15059 Views)

Uniabuja Students Lockout FCT Minister Over Students’ Bus, Others / UNIABUJA Students Offer To Pay Lecturers / Gej Orders Compulsory Entrepreneurship Course For All Undergraduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by mukina2: 4:45pm On May 23, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday ordered the Minister of Education, Ruqqayat Rufai, to ensure the expulsion of unqualified students from the University of Abuja.
Giving the order while swearing in a new minister, Inuwa Abdulkadir and the chairman and members of the Federal Civil Service Commission at the State House, Abuja, Mr Jonathan directed the minister to set up a committee to compile the list of unqualified students and flush them out.
He accused unnamed politicians of forcing the students on the institution, which was a major reason for the crisis in the institution.

Source
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Afam4eva(m): 5:12pm On May 23, 2012
What does he mean by "Unqualified students"?
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 23, 2012
This GEJs got more imaginary enemies than MFM members..

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 23, 2012
afam4eva: What does he mean by "Unqualified students"?

students that did.nt bribe before gaining admission wink smiley shocked

1 Like

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by CyberG: 5:16pm On May 23, 2012
Only solution this foooolish president got is: set up committees!!
Lol@ commitee fo it. Its like some ppl in abuja need money to go to
los angeles this summer!!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 23, 2012
Toaskarity: Lol@ commitee fo it. Its like some ppl in abuja need money to go to

lol...yeah los angeles or the bahamas cheesy grin
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by lacasa: 5:22pm On May 23, 2012
CyberG: Only solution this foooolish president got is: set up committees!!

True Talk angry
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by SpiritofOkija(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2012
Good work Oga GEJ!!

No mind all these bad belle people!! If you free those students, them go say you don dabaru education system, now wey you don evict them, dem still dey talk!!

Mbok, keep evicting them o jare, but make you no forget say them yapka for all Unis both federal and state!! Plus no forget those lecturers them wey dey collect illegal allowee to admit students both the ones wey pass and the ones wey no even write Jamb!!

Thank you sir!!! Your fresh air regime make sense in slow motion!! But no shaking, we ful your back!! Mudiagha!!

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by slimming: 5:28pm On May 23, 2012
afam4eva: What does he mean by "Unqualified students"?

No complete WAEC or NECO result, poor JAMB score etc
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Opoki(m): 5:43pm On May 23, 2012
It seems their VC is dull or they've chosen not to to follow protocol... How? Because any student that has a CGPA below 1 will be chase out through Road 1 in most Universities especially In Ife. Now how come the VC waited for GEJ to tell him to do his job.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 23, 2012
what is this man saying for God sake?..are u calling students that applied for a program that was advertised on jamb brochure, UNQUALIFIED?. Y was it in d brochure in the first instance when jamb knows that the course are not accreditted.they wrote jamb exam and passed.....is that the best solution he can offer as a president?!..i am a student of uniabuja and i knw d situation on ground..whenever this man talks sometimes,u begin to wonder if he even went to sch at all..we had d ministry gave the sch six months to meet up which is better than what this man that calls himself a president is suggesting
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Opoki(m): 5:46pm On May 23, 2012
slimming:

Also CGPA less than 1 @ d end of the academic session.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 23, 2012
the crisis in the institution is unaccreditation of some courses ..and to a lesser extent poor infrastructure..and how is that caused by the students?!..
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Sattors(m): 5:51pm On May 23, 2012
Instead of Him to look for how to Flush out Bokoharam,He is Busy Lookin for How to Flush out Unqualify Students.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Juzhilz(m): 6:00pm On May 23, 2012
slimming:

seriously? People with imcomplete result like that stil get admitted NOW? Thought it was now a case of complete result using man-know-man. SMH.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 23, 2012
Spirit of Okija: Good work Oga GEJ!!

No mind all these bad belle people!! If you free those students, them go say you don dabaru education system, now wey you don evict them, dem still dey talk!!

Mbok, keep evicting them o jare, but make you no forget say them yapka for all Unis both federal and state!! Plus no forget those lecturers them wey dey collect illegal allowee to admit students both the ones wey pass and the ones wey no even write Jamb!!

Thank you sir!!! Your fresh air regime make sense in slow motion!! But no shaking, we ful your back!! Mudiagha!!

Lmaoooooooooo
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 23, 2012
Sattors: Instead of Him to look for how to Flush out Bokoharam,He is Busy Lookin for How to Flush out Unqualify Students.

So on point!! How does the 'flushing of unqualified students' change the present situation of the school? How does it change fuel price? How does it improve power supply? How does it solve boko haram's problem & insecurity? Abegi, this man needs a tutor!!!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Fhemmmy: 6:06pm On May 23, 2012
If they have unqualified students at the university, wont that mean that the system that got them into the school is horrible?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by akinwaleok: 6:07pm On May 23, 2012
Sattors: Instead of Him to look for how to Flush out Bokoharam,He is Busy Lookin for How to Flush out Unqualify Students.

yeye man, let him flush boko haram first before the unqualified students. He was once unqualified student
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by sammirano: 6:10pm On May 23, 2012
Toaskarity: Lol@ commitee fo it. Its like some ppl in abuja need money to go to

what happens Vegas stays in Vegas. that is what they need the money for

1 Like

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 23, 2012
Another way to chop money. Kai Nigeria! Set up committees? What you guys don't know is that the presidency has already calculated to make 2billion from this. Ask me how? These unqualified students who presumably bribed their way into college, will now have to bribe these committees members, and the these committees members will then turn around and remit half of the bribes to the presidency. This is Niger for you! Money circulation
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by OK2NV3: 6:24pm On May 23, 2012
UNIABUJA is by far the most corrupt higher institution.

Preferences over entry qualifications and merit are;
1. Money
2. Nepotism
3. Ethnic sentiments

The university is full of half baked lecturers.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Fhemmmy: 6:24pm On May 23, 2012
akinwaleok:

yeye man, let him flush boko haram first before the unqualified students. He was once unqualified student

Lol . . . You know what they say in Nigeria now, "Na the person you fit tackle you face"
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 23, 2012
I did my NYSC at ABU Zaria.

It was during Abacha and Mamam Kantangora was appointed as sole administrator of ABU.

some of corper mates who graduated from ABU, was recalled from their locations to be informed that they were never students of ABU let alone Youth Corpers.

Admission racket was going on (and it is still going on). Students who did not get the required minimum credits end up getting admitted. This is part of the problem, our admin officers and lecturers are so corrupt that Unqualified candidates are admitted. Such students are easy recruits to cultism and all manner of junks we find in our schools today.

I think Mr. President wants to get us back on track. I commend him for this and I wish him and his team well. may they succeed in their dream to get Nigeria back on track.

As for most comments, I have concluded that most of nairaland users are just kids. If not in age, then kids in their mind. I have stated it loud and clear that corruption is not only at the seat of governments. Today, parents pay mercenaries to write exam for their children, and if care is not taken, such children are here on Nairaland, discussing "National Politics". It is a shame.

15 Likes

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Oluwadare: 6:32pm On May 23, 2012
If you know your words hold no weight,dont just talk
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by sammirano: 6:42pm On May 23, 2012
noblezone: I did my NYSC at ABU Zaria.

It was during Abacha and Mamam Kantangora was appointed as sole administrator of ABU.

some of corper mates who graduated from ABU, was recalled from their locations to be informed that they were never students of ABU let alone Youth Corpers.

Admission racket was going on (and it is still going on). Students who did not get the required minimum credits end up getting admitted. This is part of the problem, our admin officers and lecturers are so corrupt that Unqualified candidates are admitted. Such students are easy recruits to cultism and all manner of junks we find in our schools today.

I think Mr. President wants to get us back on track. I commend him for this and I wish him and his team well. may they succeed in their dream to get Nigeria back on track.

As for most comments, I have concluded that most of nairaland users are just kids. If not in age, then kids in their mind. I have stated it loud and clear that corruption is not only at the seat of governments. Today, parents pay mercenaries to write exam for their children, and if care is not taken, such children are here on Nairaland, discussing "National Politics". It is a shame.

you post displayed how ignorant and thoughtless you are, because matters like this shouldn't on the top priority list of the president of the U.S which everything there is set he is just maintaining the country not to talk of the president of Nigeria who boko haram is trying to seize the country from him.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by matoyeh(m): 6:47pm On May 23, 2012
NA WA O
sammirano:

you post displayed how ignorant and thoughtless you are, because matters like this shouldn't on the top priority list of the president of the U.S which everything there is set he is just maintaining the country not to talk of the president of Nigeria who boko haram is trying to seize the country from him.
Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by Opoki(m): 6:51pm On May 23, 2012
noblezone: I did my NYSC at ABU Zaria.

very well said but do we really need the office of the precisency to issue such directive not to talk of setting up a panel to look into it. Why do the have VC, Den of Deans, Dean of faculties, HOD's, etc? True, there is corruption but not everyone is completely corrupt.
I remembered very well that in Ife there is always a verification process done during and admission process and in 300L anyone caught will not even be called upon to defend his case!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by sylve11: 6:51pm On May 23, 2012
The president is working and the youths are complaining, abeg pass me one bottle of air freshener '' I need fresh Air'' grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: GEJ Orders Expulsion Of Unqualified UNIABUJA Students by busayochic: 6:56pm On May 23, 2012
musKeeto: This GEJs got more imaginary enemies than MFM members..

hahahahhahahahahahahahahhahah LOL!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Civil Defence Corps Arrest Man And His Wife Paid 600K To Hack JAMB Network / Yabatech 2015/2016 Post Utme,full Nd Prt Time Nd/hnd Admission / FUTO Admission Screening 2016:eligibility & Registration Details Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.