Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience (75414 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / Why Are Nigerians Tagged "Bad" In Most Foreign Countries. / Life In The Usa As A Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ChScott(m): 9:19am On Sep 30, 2010
Thanks to you all. I am learning so much in this site
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by wishlolia(f): 8:49pm On Sep 30, 2010
i'm with you, this is one of the best if not the best threads in this site. thumb up vic justice. but how did you end up in afghanistan after being to all these great places?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ChScott(m): 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2010
wishlolia:

i'm with you, this is one of the best if not the best threads in this site. thumb up vic justice. but how did you end up in afghanistan after being to all these great places?
Are u sure if he is in Afghanistan?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Comingo: 11:45am On Oct 03, 2010
@Vicjustice

I'll like your input here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-524118.0.html, that is if you have stayed in canada.thanks
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 7:10pm On Oct 03, 2010
Comingo:

@Vicjustice

I'll like your input here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-524118.0.html, that is if you have stayed in canada.thanks
   I visited Canada in 2007, hence i gave a brief info of my observations in this particular thread.
*Canada, with it's size bigger than the USA and a population of less than 32 million is highly underpopulated and in need of immigrants, i visited my brother who lives in Ontario region, his wife is an accountant masters degree holder from Nigeria, but she has recently began to attend a school of nursing because of the lucrative medical industry in Canada. Those who are illegal residents are not having hard times there: The good thing is, Canada does not deport immigrants for reason of documentation, the country needs them to stay, but the Canadian authority is only being careful about who they legalise because, despite the overwhelming opportunities in Canada, many Nigerians are involved in illegal activities relating to frauds and scams

Would it help if i cut and paste the article in your own thread?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by tunapa4dem: 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Vicjustice, good day sir, pls can you tell me about czech republic as at 2010, because i want to go there and study. i will like to know may i can work and study. i want to know maybe if i have like 2000 euro i can start somthing doing there while i am study.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Comingo: 11:38pm On Oct 06, 2010
@Vicjustice ill appreciate it.thanks. I really need an expansive view like housing, working, taxes, recreation, communication (internet and telephony), shopping, etc. Pls if you can find nigerians in canada to contribute to my thread.thanks
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 10:53pm On Nov 15, 2010
tunapa4dem:

@Vicjustice, good day sir, pls can you tell me about czech republic as at 2010, because i want to go there and study. i will like to know may i can work and study. i want to know maybe if i have like 2000 euro i can start somthing doing there while i am study.
I'm really very sorry for this late reply, i haven't been checking this thread for ages now.
Certainly, if you are a student, you'd be allowed to take up employment, but the number of hours that you're allowed to work is the question, and given that you'd be a student with school obligations, it is logical that you'd not be allowed to take up a full time job.
As for the 2000 Euro for "something", what exactly do you intend to do?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by KissIkebe(f): 11:26am On Dec 06, 2010
Thank you Vicjustice, this piece of information got me entertained. hope people learn from this.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by wishlolia(f): 8:58pm On Mar 20, 2011
Vicjustice:

I'm really very sorry for this late reply, i haven't been checking this thread for ages now.
Certainly, if you are a student, you'd be allowed to take up employment, but the number of hours that you're allowed to work is the question, and given that you'd be a student with school obligations, it is logical that you'd not be allowed to take up a full time job.
As for the 2000 Euro for "something", what exactly do you intend to do?
I'm actually wondering why this thread has gone cold
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by eghost247(m): 7:43am On Mar 21, 2011
Years later and am stil loving this thread
thank you SEUN
thank you Nairaland
Thank You Vicjusticesmiley
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by kennybuda: 10:40am On Jun 07, 2011
greetings, vic justice thanks alot for the information never care the critics about your article i was one of those travel victim to europe by false information , but today the lord answered my prayers may God bless you where ever you are. i am also a big traveler i have being in alot of places in europe, realy i dint know soo called visa agent in nigerians are still pushing people to hell i went to kossovo with my wife i was shoke to see 7 nigerians living a dificult life there realy i dont know how to help them out . if you dey western world abeg if you go home let your friends and others to know say life is not easy over here one has to work hard for any cent in his or her pocket . cheers
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2011
kennybuda:

greetings, vic justice thanks alot for the information never care the critics about your article i was one of those travel victim to europe by false information , but today the lord answered my prayers may God bless you where ever you are. i am also a big traveler i have being in alot of places in europe, realy i dint know soo called visa agent in nigerians are still pushing people to hell i went to kossovo with my wife i was shoke to see 7 nigerians living a dificult life there realy i dont know how to help them out . if you dey western world abeg if you go home let your friends and others to know say life is not easy over here one has to work hard for any cent in his or her pocket . cheers
I regard people like you who appreciate this post, and though i wonder, but i'm not surprised why some proffessed normal people would have problem with such informative post, "Bad Belle" i supposed.
By the way, where are you located?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by kennybuda: 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2011
greetings bro, i reside in bacerlona spain but presantly am in budapest hungary for my perminat resident permit, how u dey? i was realy happy when i reed your articule keep the good work , ur a great guy .cheers
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2011
kennybuda:

greetings bro, i reside in bacerlona spain but presantly am in budapest hungary for my perminat resident permit, how u dey? i was realy happy when i reed your articule keep the good work , your a great guy .cheers
Thanks for the encouraging comment. I'm glad that you didn't take an out-of-context offence at what i wrote about Spain; in fact, no one is supposed to take it personal except the article directly refers to his or her life style.
I hope all goes well with your endeavours. Keep blessed, Brother.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by seedord247(m): 4:31am On Jun 12, 2011
@Vic

Nice thread . . . . . do you know about life in Northwestern USA
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 8:34pm On Jun 12, 2011
seedord247:

@Vic

Nice thread . . . . . do you know about life in Northwestern USA
I've not really been there, this is one place that has been eluding me for ages, i hope someday, i'll have a reason to visit there.
Please, let those who are familiar with the mentioned location contribute.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by canlor: 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2011
I have been issued a 2 weeks scheghen visa for visit purpose.
What are my options of actually changing status when i get in,say to student category or any other status.
I know people would want to judge me and ask why choose to take this route but the fact is i have tried studet visas in the past and have been denied on the ground of insufficient funds.i am sponsoring myself so the bank statement issue has been a pain in the house for me.

My plan is to husstle for a while,save and then go back to school for my masters.
which of the scheghen countries is relatively flexible with regards to becoming legal(getting papers) and a good ground for hustle?
what are my options really?

your sincere suggestions would be greatly welcomed
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by worry246(m): 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2011
You have no chance at all of changing a visitor visa when you get there.
The whole system is made to keep people like you out!!!!!!!!
No country wants poor boi husslers.
All European countries are flooded with GENUINE refugees fleeing from wars and terror states in north Africa.
You MUST learn a lesson
You have been refused entry because you can not afford to live there!
There are no jobs for people with no papers.
If you intend to peddle drugs or Yahoo Yahoo then you are not wanted!!!
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ikoha: 9:13am On Jun 15, 2011
@poster: my friend is a satellite tv installer here in Lagos and he has been saving so much to travel to Germany where he thinks his skills will pay off better. he is a graduate, his monthly salary is about 40k. he plans going their with his transcript and relevant results just in case the need arises for further studies. he is planning on getting a tourist visa. i have advised him to hold on and get a better job but he said our economic system and high rate of unemployment had made his life to almost remain the same 7 years after graduation from the university. he has so much responsibilities that he thinks if does get something better or get out of this country he will get choked up in them.
please what kind of visa should he apply for and what are his chances?
please genuine and serious contributions only.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2011
ikoha:

@poster: my friend is a satellite tv installer here in Lagos and he has been saving so much to travel to Germany where he thinks his skills will pay off better. he is a graduate, his monthly salary is about 40k. he plans going their with his transcript and relevant results just in case the need arises for further studies. he is planning on getting a tourist visa. i have advised him to hold on and get a better job but he said our economic system and high rate of unemployment had made his life to almost remain the same 7 years after graduation from the university. he has so much responsibilities that he thinks if does get something better or get out of this country he will get choked up in them.
please what kind of visa should he apply for and what are his chances?
please genuine and serious contributions only.
You really can't do much with a tourist visa except you wish to seek asylum otherwise, you become an illegal resident pending your detection and removal from the state.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by EuroMeko(m): 9:16pm On Jun 15, 2011
@ VicJustice

First I want to salute you on making the effort to travel, and doing so to seemingly non touristy places. It's a gift and opportunity to be able to travel and see the world. I hope to do same in the near future but on the African continent.

Secondly, according to the title of your post "Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience", you did say My which signifies a singular perspective and not necessarily representative for ALL Men so I am not sure why the angst towards you and your post.

If your travels ever bring you near Los Angeles in the future, I'll love to buy a fellow traveler a beer.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 11:35am On Jun 16, 2011
EuroMeko:

@ VicJustice

First I want to salute you on making the effort to travel, and doing so to seemingly non touristy places. It's a gift and opportunity to be able to travel and see the world. I hope to do same in the near future but on the African continent.

Secondly, according to the title of your post "Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience", you did say My which signifies a singular perspective and not necessarily representative for ALL Men so I am not sure why the angst towards you and your post.

If your travels ever bring you near Los Angeles in the future, I'll love to buy a fellow traveler a beer.
   I really do appreciate your contribution, your comment is a clear indication that you can read and understand between lines, not many people would even observe the significance of the added phrase "From My Experience". Well done.
   I've never been to the USA, i still can't tell why this country has been eluding me, perhaps because, i really haven't had the urge to visit.
   But why do you have a Username that suggests you are affiliated or connected to Europe where-as, you live in the city of Angels, USA?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by jikings(m): 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2011
@ Vic Justice, There are two sides to everycoin.You piece is nice but has to be balanced. You've painted a negative picture of what life is for Nigerians in many of these countries, mostly right if you are illegal but what of the legal folks? I have travelled widely as you have as well and I must state that your perception of the life in country is a reflection of the kind of people you hang out with , This I have discovered with experience. Take UK for example if you live in East london you may want to believe that Nigerians are up to no good in UK and life is vey tough as a result of the folks you may hang out with, similar to someone vsisiting Lagos and staying in Ajegunle ( not that East london is Ajegunle) and concluding that all Nigerians are suffering. I remember my ealry days in UK and my friends were discouraging me from pursing an extra 4 years of study and join the "huzzle group" I rejected that and cut my association with them and found folks with similar ambitions and I acheived what seemd impossible to many, and there are thousands doing the same everyday in all countries.
In many of t hese countries there are a sizeable number of Nigerians in many proffessional jobs and industries who you may not encounter as a result of the kind of assocation you keep. I must say that though a few folk bring disgrace to our nation, alot are working hard abroad and doing very well contributing to the growth of the economy.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 1:52pm On Jun 16, 2011
jikings:

@ Vic Justice, There are two sides to everycoin.You piece is nice but has to be balanced. You've painted a negative picture of what life is for Nigerians in many of these countries, mostly right if you are illegal but what of the legal folks? I have travelled widely as you have as well and I must state that your perception of the life in country is a reflection of the kind of people you hang out with , This I have discovered with experience. Take UK for example if you live in East london you may want to believe that Nigerians are up to no good in UK and life is vey tough as a result of the folks you may hang out with, similar to someone vsisiting Lagos and staying in Ajegunle ( not that East london is Ajegunle) and concluding that all Nigerians are suffering.  I remember my ealry days in UK and  my friends were discouraging me from pursing an extra 4 years of study and join the "huzzle group" I rejected that  and cut my association with them and found folks with similar ambitions and I acheived what seemd impossible to many, and there are thousands doing the same everyday in all countries.
In many of t hese countries there are a sizeable number of Nigerians in many proffessional jobs and industries who you may not encounter as a result of the kind of assocation you keep. I must say that though a few folk bring disgrace to our nation, alot are working hard abroad and doing very well contributing to the growth of the economy.
   [b]You don't really need to hang out with people that are considered nuisance, or to be a participant of certain activities in other to have insights of what goes on in there because, some things are well obvious to be observed even from a distance. However, i made personal integration so i may present people with a first hand information.
   Now, regarding job circumstances, i didn't say anything negative about Nigerians in any other country that i mentioned except Greece (chiefly), and i associated Italy and Spain. I am currently in Ireland and i know where many Nigerians were taking shameful advantages of the system generosity.
   Let me emphasise that in Greece, statistics had it that over 91% of Nigerian adult males agreed to have been involved in undocumented tradings, and 88% of these admitted to have been involved (at one time or another) in CDs and Por'no DVDs trade for which 74% of the CDs/DVDs hawkers have gotten into series of troubles.
   So now, in a country where the vast majority of Nigerians are known for degrading activities, what reasonable argument would you have for the 9% good name Nigerians?
   And let me remind you that Greece is not in the same league with English speaking countries like the UK or the USA etc where people from all races of humanity are expected to be citizens: Greek people as well as their police know those who are not Greeks by mainly looking at faces, so this unforced system of segregation is enough to deny the racial minorities of employments as almost every Greek person considers anyone that doesn't look like them as illegal alien ineligible for employment[/b]
Note: Living in Greece for 25 years (legally) does not qualify you for Greek Passport.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by EuroMeko(m): 5:03pm On Jun 16, 2011
Vicjustice:

But why do you have a Username that suggests you are affiliated or connected to Europe where-as, you live in the city of Angels, USA?

It came from my days of living in Europe though I've been living in the US for over 25 years.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by jikings(m): 12:36am On Jun 17, 2011
@ vi justice, Where do you get your statistics from? Do you mind sharing? If these folks are illegal as you claim then your figures are wrong whatever the source as most illegal people hardly leave any trace for statistics to take account. I'm struggling to believe ur numbers except na IWU give u! smiley
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ikoha: 9:02am On Jun 17, 2011
@VIC JUSTICE: how does a Nigerian seek asylum in europe, especialyy in Germany?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 10:04am On Jun 17, 2011
jikings:

@ vi justice,  Where do you get your statistics from? Do you mind sharing? If these folks are illegal as you claim then your figures are wrong whatever the source as most illegal people hardly leave any trace for statistics to take account. I'm struggling to believe your numbers except na IWU give u! smiley
  [b] Friend, can't you read between lines, where in my post did i mention that the CDs hawkers in Greece are Illegal residents?
   The fact is, most of the Immigrants in Greece are either holding the Adeia Paramonis (the Greek/Schengen R. Permit) or are holders the Ros-Karta (Temporal Asylum Pink Card): The Ros-Karta were readily available for anyone from Sub Sahara African countries who sought asylum in Greece, and the Greek authority was happy to issue such documents to African immigrants as they do not pose terrorist threats to the nation; (but hardly would they issue it to people from the Arab world).  So, no one who does not hold any form of documentation would be foolish enough to dare the CD trade because, illegal residents who got into CD or Por'no DVD related troubles may not be released on bail, and therefore he'd be brought to a court where the judge will give him a suspended sentence, and yet, because of his immigration status, the police will deliver him to the immigration department and that would spell the beginning of a long and indefinite period of detention of which the least prison term is 3 months after which he will either be deported or granted the Ros Karta which was readily available for him in the first place.
   So, read between lines and you'd see that i never said these people are undocumented howbeit, the Rose Karta does not represent a Resident Permit.
   And as for the statistic, i was in Greece when it was assessed. So, please, don't argue about what you know nothing about. Peace.[/b]
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by wishlolia(f): 10:01am On Jun 20, 2011
jikings:

@ vi justice, Where do you get your statistics from? Do you mind sharing? If these folks are illegal as you claim then your figures are wrong whatever the source as most illegal people hardly leave any trace for statistics to take account. I'm struggling to believe your numbers except na IWU give u! smiley
I can't find any place where he suggests that the folks are all illegal
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by osarodon(m): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2011
@Vicjustice,

For your post that your started since November 18, 2007, 05:54 PM to still be running
it shows that it makes a lot of sense to many people and some were only pretending.

Brother continue your good work.Since you leave in Ireland I will like to dicuss some
personal stuffs with you, you can buzz me: osarodon@yahoo.com because I don't want
evil minded agent here to take advantage of things.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by eghost247(m): 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2011
osarodon:

@Vicjustice,

For your post that your started since November 18, 2007, 05:54 PM to still be running
it shows that it makes a lot of sense to many people and some were only pretending.

Brother continue your good work.Since you leave in Ireland I will like to dicuss some
personal stuffs with you, you can buzz me: osarodon@yahoo.com because I don't want
evil minded agent here to take advantage of things.
Hahaha Evil Minded Agent Laughing Hard

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Mercedes Benz Sprinter Introduced By "God Is Good Motors" To Delta Line / Nigerian Lady Hit By Lebanese Man Driving Against Traffic In Lagos Dies / Meet Gadzama: The Pilot Who Flew The Crashed King Air 350 Aircraft In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.