Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night (27492 Views)

Why Do Guys Act Exceptionally Nice To Pretty Girls? (Photos) / Why Do Some Girls Cry When A Man Propose To Them???? / Why Do Girls Cry After A Break Up And Men Don't? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by dianah(f): 10:12am On May 24, 2012
When I was about thirteen years old, I read a novel by Merrill Joan Gerber entitled, [b]EVEN PRETTY GIRLS CRY AT NIGHT [/b]and it gave me a different perspective, for me it just affirmed the saying that the grass always looks greener on the other persons lawn.

Pretty girls are mainly thought to be snobs, not because they are any more than the next person, but because sometimes people are so intimidated by their looks, that they never give them a fair say before judging them, which is quite unfair.
You know how tall people or skinny people get teased endlessly especially as a growing teen? You get called palm tree, tally, longy, lepa and all sorts and they (my very humble self being a victim) smile and take the taunts, but God help you is you call someone short shorty or a fat person fatty and everyone descends on you for being insensitive! I don’t get it!

•I know at parties, sometimes you find the pretty girls without a dance partner, guess why? Most times guys assume they are stuck up and will say no , so they settle for the homely girls while little-miss-pretty sits in a corner acting like she doesn’t care, but inside she almost wishes she could be ordinary so people do not get intimidated, kinda explains why some aint married too. If a pretty girl approaches her 30’s and is unmarried, people assume she is too selective that’s why she is still single, but if miss-not- so –pretty is single, people sympathise and say, Oh, she is such a nice girl, hope she finds someone! Double standards if you ask me.
•I will also use a scenario that deals with races, you know how blacks keep acting like they are so hated by the whites, but they themselves treat the white with disdain saying its because their fore fathers were wronged, please get a life! People are individuals and should be treated as such. Sometimes we just wallow in so much self pity, that we fail to see a good thing even when it hits us SMACK! In the face.
•And also think about how people who are poor seem to think they have an exclusive right to heaven, Hello! Being poor does not mean you will go to heaven, if you act like a devil, you will be miserable here and in the life after as well, so instead of judging your rich boss or neighbor and assuming he made his money through crooked means, why don’t you live like Christ would want you to and pray that God almighty blesses the works of your hand, rather than self righteously wallowing in poverty!

Anyway, my thoughts are based on the fact that sometimes we treat a certain class of people unfairly because in certain aspects of life they seem highly favoured already, could be physically, intellectually, socially, or financially. I think we should accord everyone same treatment, what is referred to as the curtesy of Christ. Before people start saying it doesn’t make sense and all the usual stories, na my blog, and I am entitled to my opinion, if you don’t like it, leave a comment or go create your own blog! Shikena!

ps: for all the tall skinny teens who were /are teased as kids, trust me when u grow older and fill out in all the right places everyone starts saying you are hot and look like a super model, trust me, i speak from experience *wink*

www.dianahsplace.com

14 Likes

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Sweetlemon(f): 10:36am On May 24, 2012
Poster God bless you! I tell you, although it can be quite fun sometimes, at other times, I wish, despeartely wish I was Just a plain Jane!

1 Like

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by 190: 10:44am On May 24, 2012
OP

Where are these pweety girls and where я dey cryin

Give me a location so I could immediately go there with my handkerchief

Sexylemonade do u cry @ nites too

5 Likes

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Nobody: 10:56am On May 24, 2012
True, so true, but........
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Rocktation(f): 11:00am On May 24, 2012
Hmmmn...
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Sweetlemon(f): 11:17am On May 24, 2012
190: OP

Where are these pweety girls and where я dey cryin

Give me a location so I could immediately go there with my handkerchief

Sexylemonade do u cry @ nites too
Yeah I do. Sometimes its just so depressing! Funny isn't? But I'v leant to make God my rock and that is why I'm still standing.
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by LongOne1(m): 11:25am On May 24, 2012
Pretty girls need love too…

Also, show me a pretty girl and I’ll show you someone who’s tired of being with her.

2 Likes

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Idowuogbo(f): 11:27am On May 24, 2012
Dey humans

Duhhhh!!!! Dogs cry 2 na undecided
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by 190: 11:28am On May 24, 2012
Sweetlemon:
Yeah I do. Sometimes its just so depressing! Funny isn't? But I'v leant to make God my rock and that is why I'm still standing.

Awww - care 4 a cup of coffee on me please
Name, time and location is all I need
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Sweetlemon(f): 11:36am On May 24, 2012
190:

Awww - care 4 a cup of coffee on me please
Name, time and location is all I need
Lol! I can't count the number of times I'v seen you say that different girls here. You be original player No 1!

1 Like

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Idowuogbo(f): 11:39am On May 24, 2012
Sweetlemon:
Lol! I can't count the number of times I'v seen you say that different girls here. You be original player No 1!
Gorgeous brains! I love gals wey wake up die! grin
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by 190: 11:43am On May 24, 2012
Sweetlemon:

Hell 2d NO

I've never spoken with any lady on dis forum
Dated or had sex with any before - I swear

Give me names or accounts of where uve seen me flirting wit any girl

@idowulogbo - back off

3 Likes

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Idowuogbo(f): 11:45am On May 24, 2012
190:

Hell 2d NO

@idowulogbo - back off

Am I a threat? I no talk na!

Cool down joor! Oya continue ur e-toasting tongue

2 Likes

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by xtenxive(m): 11:52am On May 24, 2012
[quote author=dianah]When I was about thirteen years old, I read a novel by Merrill Joan Gerber entitled, [b]EVEN PRETTY GIRLS CRY AT NIGHT [/b]and it gave me a different perspective, for me it just affirmed the saying that the grass always looks greener on the other persons lawn.

Pretty girls are mainly thought to be snobs, not because they are any more than the next person, but because sometimes people are so intimidated by their looks, that they never give them a fair say before judging them, which is quite unfair.
You know how tall people or skinny people get teased endlessly especially as a growing teen? You get called palm tree, tally, longy, lepa and all sorts and they (my very humble self being a victim) smile and take the taunts, but God help you is you call someone short shorty or a fat person fatty and everyone descends on you for being insensitive! I don’t get it!

•I know at parties, sometimes you find the pretty girls without a dance partner, guess why? Most times guys assume they are stuck up and will say no , so they settle for the homely girls while little-miss-pretty sits in a corner acting like she doesn’t care, but inside she almost wishes she could be ordinary so people do not get intimidated, kinda explains why some aint married too. If a pretty girl approaches her 30’s and is unmarried, people assume she is too selective that’s why she is still single, but if miss-not- so –pretty is single, people sympathise and say, Oh, she is such a nice girl, hope she finds someone! Double standards if you ask me.
•I will also use a scenario that deals with races, you know how blacks keep acting like they are so hated by the whites, but they themselves treat the white with disdain saying its because their fore fathers were wronged, please get a life! People are individuals and should be treated as such. Sometimes we just wallow in so much self pity, that we fail to see a good thing even when it hits us SMACK! In the face.
•And also think about how people who are poor seem to think they have an exclusive right to heaven, Hello! Being poor does not mean you will go to heaven, if you act like a devil, you will be miserable here and in the life after as well, so instead of judging your rich boss or neighbor and assuming he made his money through crooked means, why don’t you live like Christ would want you to and pray that God almighty blesses the works of your hand, rather than self righteously wallowing in poverty!

Anyway, my thoughts are based on the fact that sometimes we treat a certain class of people unfairly because in certain aspects of life they seem highly favoured already, could be physically, intellectually, socially, or financially. I think we should accord everyone same treatment, what is referred to as the curtesy of Christ. Before people start saying it doesn’t make sense and all the usual stories, na my blog, and I am entitled to my opinion, if you don’t like it, leave a comment or go create your own blog! Shikena!

ps: for all the tall skinny teens who were /are teased as kids, trust me when u grow older and fill out in all the right places everyone starts saying you are hot and look like a super model, trust me, i speak from experience *wink*
Good thought, just like I have always imagined........I totally concur
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Sweetlemon(f): 11:54am On May 24, 2012
There are so many unfair stereotypes attached to pretty girls;
1. pretty girls are vain
2. pretty girls a dumb
3. Pretty girls are proud and are snobs
4. pretty girls "use what they 'have' to get what they want"
5. pretty girls cannot be faithful partners

If we are not fighting to keep men who are hell bent on getting "a taste of" us, we are fighting off beaf and jealousy from our fellow ladies cos they feel insecure around us. The most terrible part is that the guys who might actually have sincere plans for us usually chicken out cos they feel we have too many toasters already! Oh! how sickening! :' cry cry cry :'

7 Likes

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by 190: 11:55am On May 24, 2012
Sweetlemonade

Can I get 2 know u better smiley
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Sweetlemon(f): 11:56am On May 24, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Gorgeous brains! I love gals wey wake up die! grin
I no dey dull myself at all!
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Sweetlemon(f): 11:57am On May 24, 2012
190:

Hell 2d NO

@idowulogbo - back off
Lie of the century! I just saw you ask Onila for drinks in her "Edo guys" thread!
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by 190: 12:10pm On May 24, 2012
Haba haba haba

She was talkin abt men from my side
So I invited her 4 a drink, she's a very good friend of mine

Haba - don't tell me ure Jealous,
Ure in safe hands - I don't womanize and I've always known
U were dat special missing rib God told me about

Let's have a date how about this weekend wat я u up2
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Idowuogbo(f): 12:13pm On May 24, 2012
190: Haba haba haba

She was talkin abt men from my side
So I invited her 4 a drink, she's a very good friend of mine

Haba - don't tell me ure Jealous,
Ure in safe hands - I don't womanize and I've always known
U were dat special missing rib God told me about

Let's have a date how about this weekend wat я u up2

U no sabi ginger opeke sef

Mstewwww!

Sweetlemon, if dat bullshitzzzz hin type hold u I fit enter slap u I swarrrrrrr angry
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Idowuogbo(f): 12:13pm On May 24, 2012
Sweetlemon:
I no dey dull myself at all!
Waffi to d letter!

Ur head is to Romanus gbaskimacious cheesy
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Sweetlemon(f): 12:19pm On May 24, 2012
Idowuogbo:

U no sabi ginger opeke sef

Mstewwww!

Sweetlemon, if dat bullshitzzzz hin type hold u I fit enter slap u I swarrrrrrr angry
for where? the guy just dey talk to im shadow, I no even understand the tin wey im dey yarn sef
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by 190: 12:23pm On May 24, 2012
Rotfl

Wth

Sweetlemon - ure bin distracted

Idowulogbo if I miss this girl, I swear I wud kill u

Ok abeg noww - I knw u gat my back

@sexylemon - let's talk off Nl or probably witin d meet up zone
2get 2 know ourselves better or wah do u tink
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Idowuogbo(f): 12:27pm On May 24, 2012
Sweetlemon:
for where? the guy just dey talk to im shadow, I no even understand the tin wey im dey yarn sef

*she starts singing*

oh Lawd ave mercy mercy,she no want no scrub dat 190 guy is a scrub

Oshe!! Hmmmmmm....... Mogbe!

190 dis babe na soji defined in 4D, her eye clear wella.

Goodluck o! Lmaooooo!!!!
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Basildon1(m): 12:55pm On May 24, 2012
^^
Idowuogbo, why you burn my guy cable like this, why you do this? why?!
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Idowuogbo(f): 12:57pm On May 24, 2012
Basildon1: ^^

Idowuogbo, why you burn my guy cable like this, why you do this? why?!

Bubbbbba! Wia u bin? I no burn cable o! Nepa cut hin light ni o! He didn't pay his bills cheesy

1 Like

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by 190: 12:59pm On May 24, 2012
I just taya
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by 190: 1:00pm On May 24, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Bubbbbba! Wia u bin? I no burn cable o! Nepa cut hin light ni o! He didn't pay his bills cheesy

Count am 1-0
Shey be she don я._un

No yawa

1 Like

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by honeric01(m): 1:00pm On May 24, 2012
So all of una dey claim "pretty" now abi? SMH tongue

1 Like

Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Idowuogbo(f): 1:02pm On May 24, 2012
190:

Count am 1-0
Shey be she don я._un

No yawa
Ekpoma! U dey vex o! Lmaooooo!!!

Ntoooooi! next time u won't threaten to kill me. tongue cheesy
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by 190: 1:12pm On May 24, 2012
Huh
Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by Killz1(m): 1:16pm On May 24, 2012
Abegi abegi make i hear. . . MOST times, they are the cause of their tears. majority of pretty girls are snobbish and rude and crass and proud and act as if they don't give a fcck. . . especially the wealthy ones. . .

Pls pls pls, if you are pretty and don't behave in that manner, fine and good for you. Speak for yourself. We all have experienced one or two things from the pretty ones, so don't come here and defend anyone and make generalizing statements about them being the opposite of what i already think they are. I know how to read and understand people and so do others. No one will play on my intelligence. How many pretty girls are humble? They are in the minority. . . If i meet a pretty girl that is the opposite of the stereotype, trust me, i'll know.

If they cry at night, that shows they are also human like the rest. And they should do what other humans do. . . Clean their fccking eyes!
Nice thread. . . cool

26 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Join An Erotic Whatsapp Group Drop Your Number. For Matured Minds Only / Romancelanders Hall Of Fame 2016 Winners / Which One Has Bigger Penïs ? and why ? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.