Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice (25241 Views)

Do You Want To Be A Cabin Crew(air Hostess) / What Qualifications Do You Need To Become An Air Hostess? / How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by bisi16(m): 6:05pm On Jun 04, 2012
Haven12: I have a B.Ed from the University of Port-Harcourt, I really do not like teaching sad and I thought I should become an air hostess, I am 5' 3" and 50kg . I am a very organized person and I think I am going to enjoy this type of service Job.I also think I can do some secretarial jobs like I said I am very organized..Are there courses I need to take to become an air hostess? please kind advice me and any referral will be great. I am currently in Lagos.
Oya! Quick! Locate d nearest Dana air travels Ltd..and they'll conveniently fly u to d other side.
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by ismhab(m): 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2012
WITH THE DEATH OF THE DANA AIR HOSTESS, THERE IS A VACANCY FOR YOU TO OCCUPY IN THE BEST AIRLINE WHICH IS DANA AIR.
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by babwilms(m): 8:58pm On Jun 04, 2012
The best place for you to go is Nigerian College Of Aviation Technology, Zaria, Kaduna State. I am currently their now. The problem is that I think the course is a waste of time and money here in Nigeria because the airline business in nigeria is actually shrinking and not expanding. If you really want to do it whyn not go to Europe or find another course to do here, like flight dispatcher( 800,000 naira) and it is only 6months and you can get a decent job outside this country.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Zilja(f): 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2012
Haven12: I have a B.Ed from the University of Port-Harcourt, I really do not like teaching sad and I thought I should become an air hostess, I am 5' 3" and 50kg . I am a very organized person and I think I am going to enjoy this type of service Job.I also think I can do some secretarial jobs like I said I am very organized..Are there courses I need to take to become an air hostess? please kind advice me and any referral will be great. I am currently in Lagos.

My daughter is working for an airline but it is in the States. Omni Airlines International which is actually based out of Dallas. She applied for Continental which is now United but Omni came first.

They sent her to ATL for training for about 6 weeks. The training was hands with learningall TSA rules and regulations. They would study and test the next day. If you didn't pass the test for the day they let you go.

She is enjoying it and seeing the wrold at the same time.

I'm not familiar with the local airlines there but I would think they work about the same.

Good Luck!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by jude33084(m): 9:45pm On Jun 04, 2012
bisi16:
Oya! Quick! Locate d nearest Dana air travels Ltd..and they'll conveniently fly u to d other side.

Lol my thoughtscheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by jude33084(m): 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2012
babwilms: The best place for you to go is Nigerian College Of Aviation Technology, Zaria, Kaduna State. I am currently their now. The problem is that I think the course is a waste of time and money here in Nigeria because the airline business in nigeria is actually shrinking and not expanding. If you really want to do it whyn not go to Europe or find another course to do here, like flight dispatcher( 800,000 naira) and it is only 6months and you can get a decent job outside this country.

N800K! very Cheap grin
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by pol01: 10:40pm On Jun 04, 2012
with dis crash tin,u no fear our planes?
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Pitamack(m): 11:01pm On Jun 04, 2012
Management of nairaland is just shameless greedy n all about money. Using an old post to strategically increase traffic. Low life......... People are aggrieved mourning their loved ones,all Seun and MOD's are interested is in traffic to the site with this silly post taken to the front page.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by agiboma(f): 11:05pm On Jun 04, 2012
@ op I was a air hostess for a few years and its a great job to travel and meet new people. In Nigeria i dont think their is any course you can take that would better your chances of gaining employment. Just do your best on the interviews smile a lot and be as polite as possible.

Goodluck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Hiringu: 4:00am On Jun 05, 2012
Regardless of the unfortunate incident, air travel still remains a very very safe form of travel.
If being an air hostess is your aspiration, then go for it. Backing down coz of this crash would be like saying
"i'm no longer buying a car coz i heard there was a car accident downtown"

What i keep telling folks is; in life you can only do your part in being careful with your immediate surrounding.
You have no control of the bigger picture. I don't think whatever anti-flying views the victims in the buildings had would have mattered at that last moment.
That's life.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by purplekayc(m): 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2012
Do you really think this is a good idea now with all what is going on in the aviation industry? grin
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Denique(f): 12:23pm On Jan 17, 2021
Zilja:

My daughter is working for an airline but it is in the States. Omni Airlines International which is actually based out of Dallas. She applied for Continental which is now United but Omni came first.

They sent her to ATL for training for about 6 weeks. The training was hands with learningall TSA rules and regulations. They would study and test the next day. If you didn't pass the test for the day they let you go.

She is enjoying it and seeing the wrold at the same time.

I'm not familiar with the local airlines there but I would think they work about the same.

Good Luck!! smiley
Hello ma'am,
Did your daughter run the programme here in Nigeria or overseas?
Regards
Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Denique(f): 12:24pm On Jan 17, 2021
babwilms:
The best place for you to go is Nigerian College Of Aviation Technology, Zaria, Kaduna State. I am currently their now. The problem is that I think the course is a waste of time and money here in Nigeria because the airline business in nigeria is actually shrinking and not expanding. If you really want to do it whyn not go to Europe or find another course to do here, like flight dispatcher( 800,000 naira) and it is only 6months and you can get a decent job outside this country.
Hello,
Did you eventually have a career in the aviation sector?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice by Diana78: 10:05am On Mar 06, 2021
Diana is a premium beauty and glamour model of Nigerian origin. She renders topnotch professional modeling services to brands and fashion industry nationwide and internationally. She also helps agencies scouts for talented creatives in the industry and location for set production.

---
Contact number: 08061388655
Profile: [url]Somtochukwu.com.ng/about-me[/url]

#modelinnigeria #nigeriamodel #televisoncommercialmodel #tvcmodel #actress #acorinnigeria #lagosmodels #creativescout #luxuryusher #premiumusherinlagos #premiummodelnigeria #glamourmodel #premiumusherinnigeria #hostessessinlagos #locationscoutinnigeria #fashionmodel

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mass Sack, Demotion Looms In Customs / Welcome To My Office [RELOADED] / God Has Done It For Me, I Just Got A Good Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.