Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. (7545 Views)

Man Hit By Stray Bullet In Port-Harcourt As Robbers Attack Fidelity Bank (Pics) / Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos / Armed Robbers Attack Bullion Van On Rsust Campus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by joshfash(m): 6:46am On May 25, 2012
No fewer than seven people (five policemen and two civilians) were killed on thursday as robbers attacked First Bank in Ilasa, Ekiti state........

Armed robbers struck in Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti East Local Government Area of Ekiti State on Thursday, killing no fewer than seven persons as they invaded a branch of First Bank Plc in the town.

Residents told journalists that three policemen were among the seven persons killed during the robbery, which left the town deserted while the operation lasted.

One of the felled policemen was said to be on guard at the bank, while the remaining two were killed at the police station near the bank.

Our correspondent gathered on Friday that the robbers blew up the bank’s security doors with an explosive device to gain entrance to the banking hall.

Residents told journalists that the robbers, on arriving at the bank, sprayed bullets at the security doors, but could not enter the bank until they threw dynamite at it.
http://www.punchng.com/news/robbers-blow-up-bank-in-ekiti-kill-seven/
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by Mynd44: 7:43am On May 25, 2012
Really? Sounds like one big effed up lie to me. As there was no report of that around
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by Nobody: 10:26am On May 26, 2012
:DSkunk is not gud for u ooo...the link is from Punch n' they got Cred for News...

1 Like

Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by rexfada(m): 10:29am On May 26, 2012
May the souls of the departed RIPP. Na wa o, if no be boko na heavily armed robbers. Baba God na ur hands we dey o!
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by AnotherOkija: 10:35am On May 26, 2012
Somebody forgot to tell those robbers that EKITI STATE is poor and that they dont have money..

No wonder the news article said nothing about them carting away millions... grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by Coefficient(m): 10:51am On May 26, 2012
Oh Lord! My friend works in that branch!
I hope he's fine.
WTF!
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by phreakabit(m): 11:11am On May 26, 2012
SouthWest/[size=5pt]Yoruba[/size] Boys dey vex oh! Robbers everywhere.
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by Mynd44: 11:25am On May 26, 2012
TRADEMARK: :DSkunk is not gud for u ooo...the link is from Punch n' they got Cred for News...
The OP just added the link after my comment so who is on skunk now?
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by Beync(f): 12:00pm On May 26, 2012
Awe! Ekiti of all people. Where is the money that they want to stea? I hope it not corpers allowance.
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by juman(m): 12:19pm On May 26, 2012
Unfortunate.

Many people are without job. The so called leaders (all kind) have destroyed the country because of their senseless greediness.
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by adultiph: 12:53pm On May 26, 2012
Few years ago it was south east.now it has shifted to south west and they really mean business.God help us
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by Afam4eva(m): 1:14pm On May 26, 2012
Armed robbery in ekiti of all places. Wetin dem wan steal? Na Goat?
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by noiseless: 1:21pm On May 26, 2012
Is it a secret that OBASONJO was their godfather to always discourage investors and development in the southeast, since the rascal was stopped all the crimes have reduced like it was a movie.
adultiph: Few years ago it was south east.now it has shifted to south west and they really mean business.God help us
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by Lagoseko(m): 3:14pm On May 26, 2012
the robbery is true. insider report said.the robbers got access to the bank's vault and atms.no staff was killed
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by joshfash(m): 6:22pm On May 26, 2012
Mynd_44:
The OP just added the link after my comment so who is on skunk now?
I was in the neighboring town when it happened, no newspaper had reported it when I posted it.
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by whitedove(m): 6:47pm On May 26, 2012
For some of the Doubting thomases on NL, IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED! I am from the town, we even lost one family friend ;Gajilo by Name May God Rest His Soul and all the Departed in the incidence!
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by 19naia(m): 9:43pm On May 26, 2012
Wow !~ i think if the bank is poor,maybe the robberes are connected to someone who knows the bank officials or the transactions of depostitors?? maybe they hear say big deposit or cash out was going to to be made and they moved in to intercept? I dont know but i hope things rest well for the town soon....
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by Shaw007(m): 12:42am On May 27, 2012
rexfada: May the souls of the departed RIPP. Na wa o, if no be boko na heavily armed robbers. Baba God na ur hands we dey o!
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by Shaw007(m): 12:43am On May 27, 2012
rexfada: May the souls of the departed RIPP. Na wa o, if no be boko na heavily armed robbers. Baba God na ur hands we dey o!
abii
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by princeonx: 4:27am On May 27, 2012
Oya oh where are those people feeling sorry for those armed robbers caught at Oshodi?
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by Bisjosh(f): 7:05am On May 27, 2012
ℓ̊ was traveling to Kogi on that fateful day. Only God saved me. We were abt approaching the bank when d indegenes urged us to park and get down from the bus as quick as possible!!!!!!!!! We ran to an indigene hse on hearing sounds of bomb and gun fire!!!!! We stayed there for 1 and half hrs. They even bombed d police station beside d bank! It was a tragic event bt am still grateful to God for sparing my life.
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by Tropilo(m): 8:13am On May 27, 2012
Bisjosh: ℓ̊ was traveling to Kogi on that fateful day. Only God saved me. We were abt approaching the bank when d indegenes urged us to park and get down from the bus as quick as possible!!!!!!!!! We ran to an indigene hse on hearing sounds of bomb and gun fire!!!!! We stayed there for 1 and half hrs. They even bombed d police station beside d bank! It was a tragic event bt am still grateful to God for sparing my life.

Horrifying stories of bank robbery is getting too much in the SW and each time lives are taken by these beasts who can not create any. Its saddening!
Think its time the SW governors came together, put heads and resources together and tackle this growing monster before it out grows all of us like the jihadists up north and before you know it they will claim to be "robbing" for justice. Then ask that we negotiate with them.
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by wbankz(m): 1:04pm On May 27, 2012
ly? Sounds like one big effed up lie to me. As there was no report of that around[/quote]Some people just open their mouth. A̶̲̥̅̊nϑ dish σΰ†̥ gabbage if ů dnt ve noin to ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇α̩̩̩Ɣ‎​‎ ů keep shut...was in ado ∂ said day in fact security ƜЂ‎​ε̲̣̣̣̥я̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ beefed up on bank road ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇σ It wut excalate to ado ekiti....ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇σ sharRrrrrrrap....may dier soul rest in peace
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by wbankz(m): 1:06pm On May 27, 2012
Some people just open their mouth. A̶̲̥̅̊nϑ dish σΰ†̥ gabbage if ů dnt ve noin to ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇α̩̩̩Ɣ‎​‎ ů keep shut...was in ado ∂ said day in fact security ƜЂ‎​ε̲̣̣̣̥я̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ beefed up on bank road ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇σ It wut excalate to ado ekiti....ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇σ sharRrrrrrrap....may dier soul rest in peace
Mynd_44: Really? Sounds like one big effed up lie to me. As there was no report of that around
Some people just open their mouth. A̶̲̥̅̊nϑ dish σΰ†̥ gabbage if ů dnt ve noin to ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇α̩̩̩Ɣ‎​‎ ů keep shut...was in ado ∂ said day in fact security ƜЂ‎​ε̲̣̣̣̥я̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ beefed up on bank road ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇σ It wut excalate to ado ekiti....ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇σ sharRrrrrrrap....may dier soul rest in peace
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by AJoke2: 4:50pm On May 27, 2012
May all their soul rest in perfct peace.
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by karl1980(m): 5:56pm On May 27, 2012
Hhhaaahhhaha!!! Na Only goats dey for Ekiti State my brother? Abeg no make me Laugh!!!
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by Murphy7h4: 2:56am On May 28, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Lagoseko: the robbery is true. insider report said.the robbers got access to the bank's vault and atms.no staff was killed
I very much agree with your point of view
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by chatom143: 5:27am On May 28, 2012
It was a sad day indeed to the entire people of the town ... Five policemen and one Civilian lost there life in that ugly moment .
Re: 7 Killed As Robbers Attack First Bank In Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State. by chatom143: 7:39am On May 28, 2012
@whitedove : so u are from ilasa ?
@Bisjosh: Congrat.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Gay Man Covers In Blood After He Was Gang-raped By Three Male Friends / Yahoo Boy Killed His Girlfriend Plucked Out Her Eyes And Body Parts Mutilated (V / A Lady Amongst Abductors Of Mikel Obi's Father - News!.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.