Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland (13844 Views)

A Throwback Pic Of Nairaland Wayback 2005 / Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) / Pictures Of Nairaland Back In 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by chinedumo(m): 11:31am On May 25, 2012
[size=15pt]Nairaland needs to sit up

to think that all this was accomplished in 2 years.....
[/size]

UNILAG twins host over 71,000 users on Lagbook

Twin brothers, Chidi and Chika Nwaogu, 300 level students of Physics department, University of Lagos (UNILAG), Akoka, have blazed the trail in the Nigerian social network blogs by hosting over 71, 000 users in their social networking blog, Lagbook, a social discovery for youths.

The Nwaogu brothers started Lagbook two years ago (2010) with determination to do something special and different from social networking platforms like Facebook.

According to them, the social discovery site, Lagbook means ladies and gentlemen book and users, especially the youths to form new experience and also meet new people.

“The site which started with 3,000 members now has over 71,000 users, and is currently expanding daily. One main feature of Lagbook is that it’s totally different from facebook. One major difference is that facebook suggests users to you but in Lagbook, you pay to get yourself featured,” held Chidi and Chika.

Speaking further, they said: “We also give room for people to advertise their goods and services, pictures and profiles. Lagbook is still expanding since inception and our advice is that if you’re not on Lagbook, you ‘re missing the fun because it’s a new world entirely.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/unilag-twins-host-over-71000-users-on-lagbook/
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by tchaik(m): 11:45am On May 25, 2012
WETIN CONCERN NAIRALAND WITH LAGBOOK?
PASS THE MIC JOOR!

15 Likes

Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by flexgee: 3:49pm On May 25, 2012
71,000 inactive and docile users! Lagbook sucks!

1 Like

Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Slyr0x: 4:00pm On May 25, 2012
I finished from this same UNILAG and I never for once heard anyone mention this "Almighty" LagBook. .

Infact I'm seeing the name for the 1st time. .

This says alot, U know wink

2 Likes

Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by tchaik(m): 7:21pm On May 25, 2012
moderattor: A girl i once new once updated her 2go status about lagbook two years ago.
New ke! Abi u dey joke?
www.GBAGAUN.com
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by moderattor: 10:08pm On May 25, 2012
tchaik:
New ke! Abi u dey joke?
www.GBAGAUN.com
by now you should be able to recorgnise a typo.

4 Likes

Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by 190: 7:36am On May 26, 2012
A book for lagosians

i aint in lagos so e nor concern me

1 Like

Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Super1759: 7:37am On May 26, 2012
What is lagbook? And why will anyone compare it with nairaland.what do you learn from lagbook? Abi is it jus to make fake fwnds? Mchewwwww(walks away)
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by childluck(m): 7:38am On May 26, 2012
@poster. Nairaland isn't the best around, quite true! Lagbook will also not be everything to everyboby.
And if Lagbook gives you everything why are you stll here?

Don't criticise other people's ideas, only you can suggest ways to improve and that's only if you must!

I for one love this planet called Nairaland and the wonderful people living in it !!!

7 Likes

Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Gombs(m): 7:40am On May 26, 2012
moderattor:
by now you should be able to recorgnise a typo.

dont mind d clown,wonders whether he's smarter than we all who has ignored d typo....Some folks are just unbelievable...Well,i want to think he means well
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Luckygurl(f): 7:42am On May 26, 2012
Read abt it 4rm d source. Neva knew it existed b/4 @ poster Abi U dey advertise am.wat we kal dis is informative advertisemnt.so why d comparison
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by killuminati(m): 7:43am On May 26, 2012
No be only lagbook, na shagamubook. Smh!

1 Like

Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Eastcoast33(m): 7:47am On May 26, 2012
What da hell, Mtcheww Advertisement strategy,i wonder who let this post get 2 da banner*smh*
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Eastcoast33(m): 7:48am On May 26, 2012
Lucky gurl: Read abt it 4rm d source. Neva knew it existed b/4 @ poster Abi U dey advertise am.wat we kal dis is informative advertisemnt.so why d comparison
embarassed
Lucky gurl: Read abt it 4rm d source. Neva knew it existed b/4 @ poster Abi U dey advertise am.wat we kal dis is informative advertisemnt.so why d comparison
sister the thing tire me owh
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Gombs(m): 7:49am On May 26, 2012
Come to think of it, wonder what criteria or criterion is used in moving topics to d front page, and i've observed wit utter dismay some front page topics,this one included...Cant we the nairaland community vote for topics who should be on the front page?. . . And that lagbook if it was close to good enough,dont you think other universities would have stormed it?Or say it'd have have raves in many social outlets in country?#just saying sha
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:53am On May 26, 2012
Why lagbook? Must it have the -book suffix? Imitating facebook! Same thing with Nollywood...culled from Hollywood!
Imitation is limitation! Until we learn to be original in our businesses, we won't break the bank!

9 Likes

Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Tinax(f): 7:59am On May 26, 2012
lagbook...ya hv few frnds usin it in schl..but not sure if it's populr as statd by the op..
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by plentykola(m): 8:03am On May 26, 2012
y for God sake will u compare lagbook and NAIRALAND to me NAIRALAND is better than lagbook and others might say lagbook is better but it depend on what u want to derive. But to business minded pple nairaland is the best
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by destinysgu(m): 8:05am On May 26, 2012
killuminati: No be only lagbook, na shagamubook. Smh!
LMAO !!! U dey vex ooo!
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by destinysgu(m): 8:09am On May 26, 2012
fluid26: Why lagbook? Must it have the -book suffix? Imitating facebook! Same thing with Nollywood...culled from Hollywood!
Imitation is limitation! Until we learn to be original in our businesses, we won't break the bank!
I wonder ooo! bt let give it up 2 dem for creating something
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by cmon(m): 8:13am On May 26, 2012
LagBOOK - faceBOOK.... Must they use the "BOOK".
What's the difference anyway? undecided
Can they make me ditch facebook to join them?

Comparing Lagbook (a social network) to Nairaland (nigeria's information hub) is just dumb!

1 Like

Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by pcicero(m): 8:14am On May 26, 2012
#reads comments and walks away#
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by 2kurupt(m): 8:16am On May 26, 2012
The concept of NAIRALAND is unique and different from most forums have seen around thus the high patronage.

Would've given this so called lagbook a chance if not that it's a cheap, washed-up, exploitative imitation of Mark's FACEBOOK
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by greedie1(f): 8:24am On May 26, 2012
Never heard of lagbook b4....
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Chegunn(m): 8:35am On May 26, 2012
lagbook kor lagbus ni
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by rhymz(m): 8:35am On May 26, 2012
pcicero:

#reads comments and walks away#
there is nothing radically different about Nairaland. It is just like everyother discussion forum, it is not social networking site like FB, 2go and co, it is what it is- a discussion site. If I were to compare Nairaland, it will be with discussion forums like Naijapals, Nigerianvillagesquare and some newspaper sites....guy if you use them, you wont be so eager to sing the praises of Nairaland.
The name Lagbook to me is a turn off, it is so uninventive and uncreative to use thesame suffix with a known social networking site. That to me, took away the "wow factor", calling it Lagbook makes it come across as thesame generic old shit. I heard the guys lifted heavily from facebook too, from font type to alook-alike Logo and colour. They have to step up their game. And Why use Lag to prefix it anyway, that too limits their reach, why should a UNN student for instance be bothered to join since it is clear it is only for Lagosians anyway? The concept is 4uck'd no amount of propaganda go sell am jare!

2 Likes

Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by jmoore(m): 8:45am On May 26, 2012
tchaik:
New ke! Abi u dey joke?
www.GBAGAUN.com

Are you so foolish to the extent that you are always searching for gbagaun?

1 Like

Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by mankand(m): 8:46am On May 26, 2012
LAGSHIT.

If Mark never invented Facebook, they would have called it Naijaisland.

I hope they have their in house server
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by mansmith(m): 8:53am On May 26, 2012
no relationship between the 2
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by busayochic: 8:55am On May 26, 2012
angry angry Why must we always copy?

So cos Mark Zuckerberg developed thefacebook (which developed to facebook) when he was in in Havard, these ones too go for them own.... Rather than celebrate them, I wld say they ar rly dull and slow... zero ingenuity, zero sense....I'm so disgusted!

Lagbook...yuck!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tutorials In Webmasters Section / How Can I Unsubscribe The Whatsapp Plan On Airtel / My Adsense Earnings Proof (plus Tips For Earning Big Through Adsense)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.