Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" (8604 Views)

Nigeria Lost Over N6.4 Trillion To Corruption-ridden NNPC Oil Sales – NRGI Repor / Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Bawss1(m): 6:58pm On May 26, 2012
alj harem: Sisi kill, very good accession

For real. cool
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Bawss1(m): 7:00pm On May 26, 2012
Very soon other members of team GEJ will appear to muddle the issue further. . .all in the process of distancing GEJ from the problem at hand
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by PapaBrowne(m): 7:05pm On May 26, 2012
aletheia:

Gbawe. . .seriously, you are losing it. Persecution complex? On an anonymous online forum? Really? Like I said, you take yourself entirely too serious. I assure you, no-one on this forum takes you as serious as you think they do. It begins and ends on NL. It seems you are about to burst into tears. What a crybaby you are. You can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen then.

You have left the gist of the thread to embark on a self-justifying peregrination of how you criticized Yar'Adua etc. What an exhibition of your innate insecurity and your need for approbation. Blah, blah blah. Pompous piffle. Who is denying you your right keep on blowing insipid hot air. Just as it is your right to keep talking through your hat like all of your posts above, so it it my right to point out to you and others your silliness. By your "clannish" taunts, you assume I am from the same region or tribe as the president. How laughable. I am closer to you than you realize in terms of ethnicity. . .but because of the stupidity of tribal-based politics as exemplified by your sort, I chose not to identify myself in ethnic terms.

Now please address the relevant points raised above. How is NNPC separate from the oil theft it alleges. Or are you so gullible that you think the "relatively" small potatoes oil-bunkering that takes place in the ND is not dwarfed by the massive corruption in NNPC? The corruption of oil blocs etc - an example of which is being reported in papers over the past few days. If you must insinuate involvement of GEJ and Allison in oil-industry corruption, is it the small potatoes of oil-bunkering you think they will be involved in? But off course you are a gullible, small-minded petty man with an axe to grind and so you couldn't stop to process the article. You are like a woman scorned in terms of your reaction to matters pertaining to GEJ. I can almost guarantee that all it takes to push your buttons is to mention GEJ; as clearly demonstrated on this thread.

Again I maintain your agenda is clear and transparent. It is May 2012, five months on. . .we are still waiting for the coup d'etat you assured us in January was going to take place within 3 months. Your co-conspirators did not receive the memo?

Ol boy! See punches!! grin grin grin grin!!
How does someone whose reputation starts and ends in Nairaland survive after these kinds of jabs!! Alethia, abeg Take it easy on the cry baby!!

Gbawe takes himself too seriously and I really do wonder why he thinks anyone has the time to follow his long posts which usually have more to do with literature than politics. I read the first line and move on to the next post. . .

Anytime I remember that this guy Gbawe would have to remain this negative for the next 5 years, I feel really sorry for him.
Mr Gbawe, it must be hard being you. Really don't envy you placer right now, especially after these punches from Alethia!!
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 26, 2012
Bawss1: Very soon other members of team GEJ will appear to muddle the issue further. . .all in the process of distancing GEJ from the problem at hand

they are employees of the same oil thieves. they are bent on hijacking/derailing threads

goodluck johnathan - the buck stops at 1914, no it stops at obj, no it stops at rilwanu lukman, no it stops at yardua anyway sha the buck does not stop here - please pass it somewhere else, i'm just a placeholder - you need to understand thst the position of president of nigeria is largely ceremonial, not good for anything other than speeches - i mean, come on this country was running with yardua brain dead in saudi arabia - its basically the same thing now - vegetable in aso rock simply water and turn to the sun periodically
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 26, 2012
PapaBrowne:

How does someone whose reputation starts and ends in Nairaland survive after these kinds of jabs!! Alethia, abeg Take it easy on the cry baby!!

Gbawe takes himself too seriously and I really do wonder why he thinks anyone has the time to follow his long posts which usually have more to do with literature than politics. I read the first line and move on to the next post. . .

Anytime I remember that this guy Gbawe would have to remain this negative for the next 5 years, I feel really sorry for him.
Mr Gbawe, it must be hard being you. Really don't envy you placer right now, especially after these punches from Alethia!!

and here they are the employees of the warlords

team spin and spell,

the merchants of excuses and mendacity
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Gbawe: 7:15pm On May 26, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Sorry to interrupt this toastingfest between Gbawe and Aletheia oh but I think it is pretty obvious GEJ supporters are very sensitive. . .not that anyone can blame them seeing as everyday on NL is "Let's Bash GEJ" day.

However since these people seem to be intelligent one would expect them to be more pragmatically reactive and less. . . .how shall I put it without being offensive. . .emotionally reactive.

From reading Aletheia's post, is is obvious he didn't read Gbawe post very well, you can tell he just saw GEJ's name and reacted. It's like you guys don't think GEJ can do any wrong and you attack anyone who brings up in a context that isn't favorable. . .without even trying to see if what they are saying is valid or not.

This is what Gbawe wrote in response to KOBOJUNKIE'S very appropriate question

Only a day old baby or someone who would rather bury his head in the sand can claim the NNPC is independent of the Govt, so was Gbawe wrong in making that statement? NO

Has the NNPC been bastardized? You don't have to answer that.

Who has an almost absolute power to control institutions such as the NNPC in a country like Nigeria (going by our history). . .The President that's who. So obviously Gbawe did not make that up either.

And who just happens to be the PRESIDENT OF THE DAY (By the way, these were very good choice words from Gbawe, words intending to reiterate his belief that the President. . .WHOEVER IT MAYBE of a country like Nigeria. . .given our history had/has a hand in the bastardization of NNPC) but back to the question, who happens to be the present President of the day (aka present president for those who have a problem with English)? GEJ of course!!

Who is the Present Minster of Petroleum Resources appointed by the President? Alison Madueke.

So why the hell won't GEJ and the Diezani's name come up given the context of the subject?!!!

I know you GEJ supporter would like to place him in a bubble where nothing touches him, unfortunately for you guys. . .he doesn't want to be in that bubble. If he did, HE WON'T BE THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!!!!!!

Your other grouse is that Gbawe referred to GEJ as "The Mend President". . .errrr. . .correct me if i am wrong but was not GEJ himself who defended MEND despite the fact that they actually did what they were accused of doing? Wasn't it GEJ who was so quick to be identified with them? So what is the huffing and puffing about? Oh would you rather Gbawe had called him "The MEND supporter/Defender/Kinsman?". . .will that have worked for you?

Okay oh, Gbawe shei you have heard, next time use Supporter/Defender/Kinsmen. . .they can't accuse you of forming things when it is based on the truth, can they?

And this brings me to the crux of the matter. . .something many many GEJ supporters fail to understand - Everything, every action, every word used by the so called "Anti-GEJ" movement comes from actions, words, expressions etc GEJ himself put out there for for public consumption. Once again, if GEJ and his supporters want him in a bubble, where he won't be judged by his words and deeds. . . then HE SHOULD NOT BE THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!!!!!!

Finally, your non-objective view of everything that's got to do GEJ and your knee jerk reaction when his name is mentioned blinds you to the fact you essentially agreed with the Gbawe with these words

SisiKill, God bless you abundantly. I am happy that folks like you still use the forum and speak up brilliantly, even if ocassionally, as you do here. Some really need to reappraise their own persona honestly to indeed ascertain that they are not damaged goods mentally. Everything you have said here is entirely valid but some , with totally bastardized mentalities that make them seek "enemies" and "haters" everywhere, would rather embrace self-pity and a persecution complex instead of inspecting issues maturely.

There is nothing I have said here that falls outside the purview of a very disappointed citizen criticising a very disappointing President turning the Nation that unites them upside down. The assertion of wimps and paranoid delusional folks like Alethia becomes even more comical when a quick search of Nairaland's own archives shows I was even more brutal in my criticism of Yar Adua and OBJ.

Some people are just not conditioned to be mentally tough or to stand up to scrutiny. Better to acknowledge that and work towards amending this instead of going through life losing your cool always due to rabid paranoia and the insane notion everyone is criticising you out of "hatred" while you fail to look objectively at your own very terrible conducts. That is mental illness as far as I am concerned and stemming from how fathers and mothers encouraged hatred of others and a blame culture identifying others as "monsters" instead of instilling in their kids the notion that a man, however painful, must take resposnibilities for his own actions.

Folks should allow GEJ to take responsibilities for his actions/inactions , before all Nigerians, instead of trying to clannishly disenfrachise the legitimate voice of other Nigerians because of some guilt trip they try and lay on those not from the region of Mr. President.
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Gbawe: 7:17pm On May 26, 2012
PapaBrowne:

The Chief m.or.on appears. He of the "Bendelites are the brightest folks who run Nigeria" fame. Dude you are a clown. Only you would see issues as you do. Alethia and co are only looking like crybabies and wimps to the neutral observers who have commented here. Someday you inferiority complex may catch up with your delusions of grandeur. Someday wink wink

What you write below shows you are only worth pitying and it is an indication of the issues most of you have with other ethnic groups you are not honest enough to deal with. it is not difficult to deconstruct most of you. Your inferiority complex stinks and leads you to tell ridiculous tales even an unborn baby would sniff at.

https://www.nairaland.com/849594/why-we-rate-ibo-second

I don't know where you got that idea. Without question, Ibos and Bendelites have always been known to be the smartest Nigerians in the country!!
They are by far the most successful. They control the Nigerian economy. They produce the best technocrats.

The Lagos economy is run by the Igbos. Pull them out and Lagos would look like Cotonou
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by juman(m): 7:29pm On May 26, 2012
One nigeria is the root of all our country's problems.
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 26, 2012
Gbawe:

The Chief m.or.on appears. He of the "Bendelites are the brightest folks who run Nigeria" fame. Dude you are a clown. Only you would see issues as you do. Alethia and co are only looking like crybabies and wimps to the neutral observers who have commented here. Someday you inferiority complex may catch up with your delusions of grandeur. Someday wink wink

dude , dont let the apologists for incompetence get under your skin. the incompetence of their master has them working overtime - so many threads to derail, so many lies to attempt to deflect attention from the train wreck that is their drinkard in aso rock

i mean put yorself in their shoes - the man hs nothing good to his name but some ghost written speeches, vows and facebook posts

his vilified opponents did far more than him and left legacies that are still seen to this day.

all gej will leave behind are the rants of the spin and spellers on nairaland - the empty boasts the desperate lies the spin and spell, the constant everybody is out to criticise gej for his faults etal
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On May 26, 2012
juman: One nigeria is the root of all our country's problems.

What has this particular problem to do with One or Two Nigeria? You are being swindled in broad daylight. Rather than tackle the main problem, you instead look for reasons to deflect from the main. You sure say you no be part of the problem yourself?
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by funkymedina: 7:36pm On May 26, 2012
just read a funny commentary on this at http://www.facebook.com/NaijaTori
National assembly should pass bill . Thief catch thief!
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Gbawe: 7:36pm On May 26, 2012
oyb:

dude , dont let the apologists for incompetence get under your skin. the incompetence of their master has them working overtime - so many threads to derail, so many lies to attempt to deflect attention from the train wreck that is their drinkard in aso rock

i mean put yorself in their shoes - the man hs nothing good to his name but some ghost written speeches, vows and facebook posts

his vilified opponents did far more than him and left legacies that are still seen to this day.

all gej will leave behind are the rants of the spin and spellers on nairaland - the empty boasts the desperate lies the spin and spell, the constant everybody is out to criticise gej for his faults etal

grin grin grin grin grin grin indeed. this is why it is the losers and 'olodos' holding brief for team failure GEJ on NL.
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by pcicero(m): 8:00pm On May 26, 2012
Ufeolorun: All institutions in our dear country are becoming helpless.
We have an all out assault on sovereign infrastructures and those who should be concerned have shown deep carelessness.

Well,they say if your life is full of charcoal you won't bother if everything else is burning around you

Hmmmm...it certainly calls for sober reflection my brother

1 Like

Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by muyoto: 8:03pm On May 26, 2012
what an interesting thread. . .BTW what was the thread supposed to be about?
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by pcicero(m): 8:09pm On May 26, 2012
oyb:

and here they are the employees of the warlords

team spin and spell,

the merchants of excuses and mendacity

This got me rtflmao. Una no go kill person for here
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Gbawe: 8:32pm On May 26, 2012
muyoto: what an interesting thread. . .BTW what was the thread supposed to be about?

Voila !!! this is the modus operandi of team failure GEJ. Whip up ethnic, religious and sectional sentiments to the extent the main topic of discussion becomes conveniently obscure.

My brother, If you read the original article you will note, in no unclear terms, what the thread is about. The ND is now a den of criminality under GEJ in the same way OBJ , in the past, deliberately chose to empower criminality and gangsterism everywhere in the SW for which he got much criticism plus the joint determination of a people to throw out undeserving criminals holding sway over far more intelligent and talented Nigerians.

This is a serious problem for Nigeria because it is the usual sad story of how those with the might, even if they don't have the brains, are promoted , detrimental to Nigeria's progress, into positions of power everywhere. It is the main problem Nigeria is battling till today and a reason GEJ is President. Go around Africa and it is clear this is no longer happening as routinely as it does in Nigeria.

Oniwon said the miscreants behind illegal oil bunkering in the zone had sponsored the election of local government chairmen and now have the capacity to sponsor and produce more state governors, adding that they even have the potential to fund the emergence of a Nigerian president in the future.

He dropped the hints when members of the House of Representatives Committee on Petroleum (Upstream), paid him a courtesy visit, as part of their oversight function, as he urged the lawmakers to enact legislation aimed at arresting the increasing wave of oil theft in Nigeria.

He said it was regrettable to note that criminals had taken over the most part of Niger Delta...” They have amassed so much wealth that they are beginning to look for political power. They have been sponsoring local government chairmen. The chairmen have also been sponsoring governors. And these people, if not checked in time, will one day produce the president of Nigeria.”

He said such a situation had occurred in countries like Colombia and Mexico where criminals dealing in drugs sponsored the presidents of the countries as a means of promoting their illegal trades.
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by jmaine: 8:40pm On May 26, 2012
A typical case of "You see what you chose to see" . . . So let's see what the hullabaloo is all about concerning bayooooo post that elicited the heated exchange

bayooooooo: who are the oil thieves if not NNPC officials themselves? Can one trade in such commodity without some sort of collaboration with industry experts and security personnel?

What i understand in the post above is:-

(1) Why should the undeniable notoriously corrupt NNPC decide to scream when they are known parties to the mammoth corruption in the sector which oil bunkering is a subset of ?. .

(2) Why are they suddenly screaming now, when oil bunkering in the Niger delta has gone unabated spanning years even during the Military era ?

(3) The oil bunkering tradition has gone so deep that it takes the involvement of active participants in the industry to keep the trade booming . . .

(4)The security personnel who are supposed to acts as check points to forestall this theft also are active members . .reasons could be adduced to the fact that major oil bunkerers are alleged to be the ex military men who still have loyal men safe guarding their interest in the oil theft deals.

Off course, The recent Niger delta arms proliferation and armed struggles against the state, availed the indigenes the opportunity to also avail themselves the opportunity to trade in stolen crude . . .

Now looking at Gbawe reply . . .

Gbawe:

The NNPC does not operate as a strong and independent Institution.

Agreed, a reason why they are notoriously corrupt and the reason why bayoooo questioned the moral behind their alarm . .they are the syndicate who indulge in it so why raise the alarm . .it calls for good questioning

Gbawe:
It has essentially been bastrardized to be a tool in the hands of the President of the day

Agreed, spanning since the military era when oil bunkering was also the order of the day. .

We now go back to the Bayooo poser ====> . . Why is NNPC of all suddenly screaming, considering their proven antecedents as the henchmen of corruption in the oil and gas industry . . .are we believe to them as partners acting against the behemoth of corruption stifling the development of the oil and gas industry or are we simply siding with them because they chose to raise an alarm, thereby exonerating them of all ills
Gbawe:
the MEND President GEJ

The reasons given as to why he is referred to as the MEND president is hilariously weak and very feeble cool . . . .

Gbawe:

GEJ and Allison-Madueke effectively controlling the sector you have your answer to the bolded above. [size=14pt]It is very obvious there is a systematic plan in place.[/size]

The bolded is pregnant with meanings and connotations. .what is the systematic plan of GEJ and Allison in engaging in oil bunkering. .

Gbawe needs to give us insights and clues to what he was referring to . . .
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by niyitogun(m): 8:46pm On May 26, 2012
Gbawe: This is why I laugh when immature adults, who have failed to grow up, shout "seperation" everyday when everything we are seeing , and the stark reality on the ground, shows that many would simply be worse off with how they will entirely be at the mercy of a local and very ruthless criminal class.

Still, I guess it is romantic for self-delusional adults , without engaging pragmatic and practical reasoning, to pontificate that they will be better off once on their own.

#on point
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by malc619(m): 8:48pm On May 26, 2012
D truth is dat while the corruption pre-dates GEJ's administration, he hasn't done anything to improve the situation. The increase in scale of corruption might not ßξ unconnected to the mentality of the Niger-Deltans that it ‎​Ȋ̝̊̅$ their turn to CHOP.....
Welcome to "Turn-By-Turn Nigeria Ltd."
So Please Gbawe ‎​Άŋϑ Co., allow us CHOP, it's our turn. After which we shall give the remaining CAKE to our Igbo brothers... So all others should ßξ patient ‎​Άŋϑ wait F̶̲̅Õ̳͡я̅ their turn....

Celestially-Supersonic Information: Ά̲̣̥ man was found lying beside a road in my area. Eye-witnesses said he passed out after taking 25 'shots' of ogogoro... Please if you anyone who ‎​Ȋ̝̊̅$ "missing in action", please go ‎​Άŋϑ check ooo.
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by ballabriggs: 9:36pm On May 26, 2012
GEJ was not involved in oil theft at the local level? Yes he was not the President 6 years ago, however we know how much the Governors in these places supported criminality in the region. I know how Ateke was built into a lord in the Niger Delta. GEJ and CO cannot exonerate themselves from this mess and the facts are there to show it. Anyone who does not like it as they say can go "hug transformer".
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Gbawe: 9:52pm On May 26, 2012
ballabriggs: GEJ was not involved in oil theft at the local level? Yes he was not the President 6 years ago, however we know how much the Governors in these places supported criminality in the region. I know how Ateke was built into a lord in the Niger Delta. GEJ and CO cannot exonerate themselves from this mess and the facts are there to show it. Anyone who does not like it as they say can go "hug transformer".

100% true.

http://www.peoplesdaily-online.com/news/national-news/20409-wikileaks-jonathan-was-corrupt-aide-

WikiLeaks: Jonathan was corrupt - Aide
Thursday, 08 September 2011 19:23 administrator
E-mail Print PDF

By Abubakar Imam

The herculean resolve by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC) to absolve President Goodluck Jonathan and his family from past corruption allegations seems to be hitting the rocks as his close confidante and his former Commissioner for Information, Mr. Oronto Douglas once opened a can of worms on the president suggesting that the Commander-in-Chief is indeed not a saint.
EFCC Chairman, Mrs Farida Waziri had vehemently denied on Wednesday, that the First Lady. Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan was investigated of any corruption allegation, describing media reports as mischievous.
"Let me state clearly that the commission will not allow itself to be used to drag innocent people's names into crimes, cases or allegations they know nothing about", she told a visiting non-governmental organisation, the Women Empowering and Enriching Lives (WEELS).

However, Douglas, who was also a human rights activist had once revealed, according to a WikiLeaks report, that on December 18, 2006, just after the then Bayelsa state Governor, Goodluck Jonathan was named the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) presidential running mate to the late President Umaru Yar'adua, that Jonathan was well respected among Ijaw leaders for building a successful development programme in Bayelsa, and had been a good governor.

But a new WikiLeaks cable showed that surprisingly, only the day before, Mr. Douglas' true feelings about Jonathan had been different. In a conversation with an American official, Douglas described Jonathan as "part of the system of corruption that had impoverished the Niger Delta for decades."
When asked by the American for more explanation on the "successful development programme in Bayelsa", Douglas said "even his development initiative is viewed with skepticism by the populace".
He said that the outstanding corruption charges against Jonathan and his wife were troubling, and that while Jonathan enjoyed the support of the "Ijaw leaders," the "restive youth" had little respect for the "so-called leaders."
Douglas, who is now a Senior Special Assistant to Jonathan on Strategy, Research and Documentation, disclosed how close the then Governor of Rivers state, Mr. Peter Odili, came to being named ahead of Jonathan as Yar'Adua's running mate.
"It wasn't until Yar'Adua was at the podium and publicly announced Goodluck Jonathan to be his running mate that [Odili] realised he was not the PDP's vice- presidential candidate," the writer learned from Douglas.
According to the story, a friend of Douglas' who had had access to Yar'adua's speech told him that Odili's name was mentioned as the running mate, but just before the convention, it was excised.
Douglas was of the view that Odili had fallen victim of an EFCC which claimed "significant malfeasance" on his part, including an instance where N60 billion was earmarked for a gas plant project that actually cost only N20 billion."
Mr. Douglas also commented on the PDP gubernatorial candidate for Bayelsa State, whom he thought would be Timi Alaibe, who was then the Executive Director of Finance for the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
Alaibe, Douglas asserted, would be "the worst possible choice."
When our correspondent contacted Mr. Douglas for comment, he declined to answer phone calls nor respond to a text message sent to him.
Find details in the Wikileaks cables below from the United States Consul-General.
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by jmaine: 9:59pm On May 26, 2012
From the same article pasted above . . .

WikiLeaks: Jonathan was corrupt - Aide
Thursday, 08 September 2011 19:23 administrator
E-mail Print PDF

By Abubakar Imam

The herculean resolve by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC) to absolve President Goodluck Jonathan and his family from past corruption allegations seems to be hitting the rocks as his close confidante and his former Commissioner for Information, Mr. Oronto Douglas once opened a can of worms on the president suggesting that the Commander-in-Chief is indeed not a saint.
EFCC Chairman, Mrs Farida Waziri had vehemently denied on Wednesday, that the First Lady. Dame Patience Goodluck Jonathan was investigated of any corruption allegation, describing media reports as mischievous.
"Let me state clearly that the commission will not allow itself to be used to drag innocent people's names into crimes, cases or allegations they know nothing about", she told a visiting non-governmental organisation, the Women Empowering and Enriching Lives (WEELS).

However, Douglas, who was also a human rights activist had once revealed, according to a WikiLeaks report, that on December 18, 2006, just after the then Bayelsa state Governor, Goodluck Jonathan was named the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) presidential running mate to the late President Umaru Yar'adua, that Jonathan was well respected among Ijaw leaders for building a successful development programme in Bayelsa, and had been a good governor.

But a new WikiLeaks cable showed that surprisingly, only the day before, Mr. Douglas' true feelings about Jonathan had been different. In a conversation with an American official, Douglas described Jonathan as "part of the system of corruption that had impoverished the Niger Delta for decades."
When asked by the American for more explanation on the "successful development programme in Bayelsa", Douglas said "even his development initiative is viewed with skepticism by the populace".
He said that the outstanding corruption charges against Jonathan and his wife were troubling, and that while Jonathan enjoyed the support of the "Ijaw leaders," the "restive youth" had little respect for the "so-called leaders."
Douglas, who is now a Senior Special Assistant to Jonathan on Strategy, Research and Documentation, disclosed how close the then Governor of Rivers state, Mr. Peter Odili, came to being named ahead of Jonathan as Yar'Adua's running mate.
"It wasn't until Yar'Adua was at the podium and publicly announced Goodluck Jonathan to be his running mate that [Odili] realised he was not the PDP's vice- presidential candidate," the writer learned from Douglas.
According to the story, a friend of Douglas' who had had access to Yar'adua's speech told him that Odili's name was mentioned as the running mate, but just before the convention, it was excised.
Douglas was of the view that Odili had fallen victim of an EFCC which claimed "significant malfeasance" on his part, including an instance where N60 billion was earmarked for a gas plant project that actually cost only N20 billion."
Mr. Douglas also commented on the PDP gubernatorial candidate for Bayelsa State, whom he thought would be Timi Alaibe, who was then the Executive Director of Finance for the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
Alaibe, Douglas asserted, would be "the worst possible choice."
When our correspondent contacted Mr. Douglas for comment, he declined to answer phone calls nor respond to a text message sent to him.
Find details in the Wikileaks cables below from the United States Consul-General.

http://www.peoplesdaily-online.com/news/national-news/20409-wikileaks-jonathan-was-corrupt-aide-

[size=14pt]Again . .You chose to see what you decide to see cool [/size]

3 Likes

Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by icez: 10:02pm On May 26, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Well said. smiley
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Ufeolorun(m): 10:03pm On May 26, 2012
Gbawe:

Precisely. Ultimately, this is what will happen when a Nation keeps appointing highly undeserving and unprepared opportunists into positions of utmost responsibility and paramount influence.
This price is too steep.
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by icez: 10:16pm On May 26, 2012
jmaine: From the same article pasted above . . .

+10000.
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Gbawe: 10:32pm On May 26, 2012
jmaine: From the same article pasted above . . .

Guy, you are trying too hard with this your 'notice me' attempt at spin in favour of GEJ that will only expose you are the only one who has chosen "to see what you decide to see".

Is it not obvious, and indeed the point of the article, that Oronto Douglas was facetious, as later utterances prove, when he submitted what you quote i.e

How can you miss the very obvious point of the article if not that you have chosen "to see what you decide to see"? The utterances of Oronto Douglas you quote is comprehensively ridiculed as duplicitous double-speak. That much is very obvious to everyone but you. Below, in case you missed it, is what was written immediately after the quote you submitted. Buddy, give this one a miss. The point that blind partisanship makes you miss is that Oronto Douglas praised GEJ diplomatically publicly, as is to be expected, but savaged him when he assumed he was speaking privately and would not be quoted. Wikileaks eh? Brilliant innit?

But a new WikiLeaks cable showed that surprisingly, only the day before, [size=14pt]Mr. Douglas' true feelings about Jonathan had been different. [/size]In a conversation with an American official, Douglas described Jonathan as "part of the system of corruption that had impoverished the Niger Delta for decades."
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by jmaine: 11:05pm On May 26, 2012
Gbawe:

Guy, you are trying too hard with this your 'notice me' attempt at spin in favour of GEj that will only expose you are the only one who has chosen "to see what you decide to see".

Quit your "Notice me" jibe . . . it's getting boring already . .don't you notice it undecided . .

Gbawe:

How can you miss the very obvious point of the article if not that you have chosen "to see what you decide to see"? The utterances of Oronto Douglas you quote is comprehensively ridiculed as duplicitous doble-speak. that much is very obvious to everyone but you. Below, in case you missed it, is what was written immediately after the quote you submitted. Buddy, give this one a miss.

let's see what your proposition holds . . .

However, Douglas, who was also a human rights activist had once revealed, according to a WikiLeaks report, that on December 18, 2006, just after the then Bayelsa state Governor, Goodluck Jonathan was named the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) presidential running mate to the late President Umaru Yar'adua, [size=14pt]that Jonathan was well respected among Ijaw leaders for building a successful development programme in Bayelsa, and had been a good governor.[/size]

From the section you chose to dwell on . . .

When asked by the American for more explanation on the "successful development programme in Bayelsa", Douglas said "[size=14pt]even his development initiative is viewed with skepticism by the populace[/size]".
He said that the outstanding corruption charges against Jonathan and his wife were troubling, and that while Jonathan enjoyed the support of the "Ijaw leaders," the "restive youth" had little respect for the "so-called

The only differential stance in his earlier presumed "double faced quote" was his "supposed" confession of the skepticism of the populace to his (GEJ) development initiative . .

So he did acknowledge the presence of a development initiative of GEJ in place even though tainted with skepticism . . . . . .

let's us go further . . .

But a new WikiLeaks cable showed that surprisingly, [size=14pt]only the day before[/size], Mr. Douglas' true feelings about Jonathan had been different. In a conversation with an American official, Douglas described Jonathan as "part of the system of corruption that had impoverished the Niger Delta for decades."

I assume the day before referred to a previous day before Douglas made the quote below

and your article said

But a new WikiLeaks cable showed that surprisingly, [size=14pt]only the day before[/size], Mr. Douglas' true feelings about Jonathan had been different. In a conversation with an American official, Douglas described Jonathan as "part of the system of corruption that had impoverished the Niger Delta for decades."
[size=14pt]When asked by the American for more explanation on the "successful development programme in Bayelsa"[/size], Douglas said "even his development initiative is viewed with skepticism by the populace".

"More explanation" on what was purportedly said in the future undecided

Mind explaining that part to me bro . . . was your wiki leaks article poorly portrayed/written undecided . .

6 Likes

Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Nobody: 12:28am On May 27, 2012
Nonesense! Is that the corruption NNPC is being plagued with? They should curb the corruption within the sector first than seeing who the oil thieves are sponsoring. Kettle calling pot black.
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Beaf: 1:59am On May 27, 2012
I am not too interested in the intellectually unfortunate topic of the thread, rather Gbawe, the OP once again catches my attention.

The OP is known to devote a lot of his life to crafted lies that are easily blown apart for their lack of intellectual input of any rigour (whether Gbawe is the author of these lies is another matter). The question is why?

Gbawe when cornered by the more intellectually astute members of the forum never fails to come up with a predictable line of defense that runs in the following order:

1. He accuses his adversary of "following" him around.
2. Adversaries quickly become "wimps", "weaklings", "cry-babies" etc.
3. He accuses his adversary of lacking sophistication or being clannish, inferior etc.
4. When his adversary is intellectually persistent, Gbawe feels threatened and unleashes a "you hate the SW" volley.
5. This is quickly followed by "you hate Yoruba's."

This attitude is a freak show of shame. It is easier not to be a promoter of lies and to be intellectually objective.

1 Like

Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Beaf: 2:28am On May 27, 2012
Funkymallam: Saviours have arrived @ last. grin grin

GEJ have now become d GMD of NNPC? Propagander gone badt grin

We can now see who went off topic first cus of his hard on with a particular name. Bad tin bad o cheesy

I believe sheyguy is Gbawe, because they both very easily tell damaging lies.
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Orikinla(m): 2:49am On May 27, 2012
Gbawe: This is why I laugh when immature adults, who have failed to grow up, shout "seperation" everyday when everything we are seeing , and the stark reality on the ground, shows that many would simply be worse off with how they will entirely be at the mercy of a local and very ruthless criminal class.

Still, I guess it is romantic for self-delusional adults , without engaging pragmatic and practical reasoning, to pontificate that they will be better off once on their own.
. You're right. The oil thieves have already produced heads of state in Nigeria. Because, stealing crude oil and exporting it takes days and you cannot do so in the Gulf of Guinea without the knowledge of the Nigerian Navy. From illegal oil "bunkering" to the fuel subsidy fraud, the executive council of the Nigerian government cannot deny the complicity of those who are in charge of the security of Nigerian waters and the oil tankers used in illegal oil export are owned by people they know. Illegal oil export started from 1985 and all the billionaires who have been in power in Nigeria who now have private universities and real estate in Lagos, Abuja, Miami, London, Pretoria, Jo'burg and Dubai are stakeholders and shareholders. Retired General Buhari knows everyone of them. That is why they have sworn to use all means to stop him from returning to power and they have deployed their errand boys to several sections of the mass media, including Nairaland to attack Buhari. But God will not fail to give us the brave head of state to overthrow the wicked kleptomaniacs. The former head of state calling our lawmakers rogues has storey buildings in South Africa bought with misappropriated revenue allocations from 1999 to date. Every Nigerian engaged in illegal oil export is well known to the CIA and the SSS in Nigeria. They are members of the same club and many people here are even their employees and will go to church today to pay their tithes and give offerings from the salaries and contracts they received from their companies.
Re: NNPC: "Oil Thieves Have Hijacked Political Power!" by Beaf: 2:56am On May 27, 2012
Gbawe:

GEJ and Allison-Madueke effectively controlling the sector you have your answer to the bolded above. [size=14pt]It is very obvious there is a systematic plan in place.[/size]

jmaine: ...;

The bolded is pregnant with meanings and connotations. .what is the systematic plan of GEJ and Allison in engaging in oil bunkering. .

Gbawe needs to give us insights and clues to what he was referring to . . .

You hit the nail squarely here, jmaine.
Gbawe thinks he is clever with his troubling "we and them" outbursts. I would expect him express form and act like a coward as he has done so far by avoiding your challenge for an explanation which your super-size font makes unavoidable even to the blind.

I join you in calling Gbawe to drop cowardice and provide an explanation.

Gbawe! Ayam waiting. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I’ll Restore LG Autonomy,end Hunger – Atiku / Reps Query Water Resources Ministry Over N25m Borehole Cost / Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.