Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,472 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle - Dating And Meet-up Zone (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle (2998 Views)

Nairaland Single And Ready To Mingle!!! (whatsap, Bbm,2go, Fb. . .) / I'm Single And Searching! / Buy these quality watches. Call or Whatsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by hotangel2(f): 11:31pm On Apr 01, 2006
Akolawole:

@HotAngel

Hausa in UK?

I beg, prove it.

I don't NEED to prove it. Hausa are soo many in UK. ANd in the U.S you can find most of them in Maryland/DC. Infact, hi5 alone is enough proof.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by hotangel2(f): 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2006
chinani:

@ hot-angel
Welcome!!! I'm happy to have met you on the forum. Thanks for stopping in. Yes, I was beginning to think the US wasn't the HAUSA destination of choice. But, I'm going to keep searching and meeting. Is there anything you'd like to add about Hausa culture or customs? Do Hausas like to "keep quiet" as someone mentioned? I don't want to put you on the spot so feel free not to answer. Peace. smiley

i don't know abt saying it's not their destination of choice, they just basically aren't many/much/plenty here. Most of the hausa that are here, u can't even tell they r hausa's. Hausa's keeping quiet, hmm i don't know abt that, are they quiet?
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by gigitte(f): 1:15am On Apr 02, 2006
hot-angel is right about england oh! they boku full for that england
they are also in the united arab emirates! their parents send them there not be corrupted by george bush and to keep holy, lol if only they knew!
but to check out hausa and fulani ppl in diaspora go to hi5
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by gigitte(f): 1:17am On Apr 02, 2006
and they arent really quiet, they just seem so. in reality most of them do it big like the rest of us
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by chinani(f): 1:22am On Apr 02, 2006
What's "hi5"? And I don't think that being quite is necessarily a bad thing. You can do it big & be quite. It's kinda classy actually.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by gigitte(f): 1:26am On Apr 02, 2006
i should have said aloof not quiet, they do seem to be aloof and reserved, but it seems likes it with outsiders, within their close circle of friends, they are just like us all lol, but yeah, they are classy!

www.hi5.com

err you actually have to join and have some friends, before you can discover the hausa/fulani ppl there
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by misslady(f): 5:09am On Apr 02, 2006
What a coincidence, my boyfriend and i were just talking about not seeing Hausas in the US. I have only met one, but she and her family are Christians, and her family lived mostly in Texas; she had one sibling in Minnesota.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by Idekeson(m): 3:35pm On Apr 02, 2006
Do we have to go drag the Hausa/Fulani stock to this forum to mingle with their brothers and sisters? We need them around to help us understand how to co-exist as Nigerians. Where are you Guys? We love you all.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by oasis: 6:38pm On Apr 02, 2006
Do we have to go drag the Hausa/Fulani stock to this forum to mingle with their brothers and sisters? We need them around to help us understand how to co-exist as Nigerians. Where are you Guys? We love you all.

Hausas don't wanna mingle. Their conviction is primarily rooted in religion, and tribe. For example, a deep seated animosity exists between Hausas and Igbos, and to a lesser extent between Hausas and Yorubas.

If you're not a muslim Hausa, you're unlikely to get along with another Hausa.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by chinani(f): 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2006
@ oasis

How are you such an expert? Please tell us your background. Are you Hausa?
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by oasis: 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2006
How are you such an expert? Please tell us your background. Are you Hausa?

Have you read all of my posts on this topic? Do that first.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by chinani(f): 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2006
oasis:

Have you read all of my posts on this topic? Do that first.
Please provide links. I don't know where the posts are or when they were written.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by oasis: 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2006
Please provide links. I don't know where the posts are or when they were written.

I said this topic, not this site.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by chinani(f): 9:22pm On Apr 02, 2006
oasis:

I said this topic, not this site.
Oh, sorry. I had read your posts but I don't remember who wrote what. I just got back up to speed. So you're talking from experience having grown up in Plateau. Ok. Thanks. Just wanted to know how you know.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:28am On Apr 03, 2006
oasis:

Hausas don't want to mingle. Their conviction is primarily rooted in religion, and tribe. For example, a deep seated animosity exists between Hausas and Igbos, and to a lesser extent between Hausas and Yorubas.

If you're not a muslim Hausa, you're unlikely to get along with another Hausa.

This is so not true, and stereotypes are not applicable to people man
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by darqly(m): 4:27pm On Apr 04, 2006
@ Oasis, I beg to disagree big time there. If any animosity exists, then it's both ways. And then from personal experience, we can and do try to mingle especially with Ibo(Women folk) smiley. At least they don't keep thinking we'll stab them in the back. Not all Hausa folk are like this, some that are deep-rooted in their backwardness and insist on carrying on a feud that they weren't even born into.But since this is the case, then it holds sway for the Ibos as well man. I didn't grow up in core North so I'm more broadminded than mosta my people and am a christian.
I have been welcomed by Ibo families,dated Ibo girls and have Ibos as some of my tight friends. It's reciprocal, U get luv if U show some!!
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by ocho(f): 8:52pm On Apr 04, 2006
darqly:

It's reciprocal, U get love if U show some!!
True! wink and the word is "IGBO"! just thought i'd let you know wink
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by darqly(m): 3:26am On Apr 05, 2006
@ ocho Correction noted,thanks.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by hausachic(f): 4:00pm On Apr 05, 2006
cheesy cheesy
I cant believe the posts i have just read! for real? i am half hausa and half yoruba an idea mix. i grew up in the north and so speak hausa fluently but my yoruba is not too bad (i think) but its interesting reading the myths about hausa people. they are just like any other tribe and not all are muslims I am a christian.
So ask your questions, I am sure I am qualified to answer them.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by hausachic(f): 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2006
If you're not a muslim Hausa, you're unlikely to get along with another Hausa

Not true, as long as you respect their religion and their beliefs.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by gigitte(f): 6:08am On Apr 06, 2006
lol which myths? because we are not hausa doesnt mean we havent interacted with hausa ppl. our observations are also valid
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by hausachic(f): 1:25pm On Apr 06, 2006
@gigitte
No one said your observations aren't valid. just stating a fact as a Hausa person, the fact that you have interracted with them doesn't mean you know everything there is to know. bear in mind your observations are as an outsider, there is only so much you will know
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by gigitte(f): 5:56pm On Apr 06, 2006
true, but i dont have to be hausa to know as much as you grin
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by Zahymaka(m): 6:21am On Apr 07, 2006
I think I know quite a bit about hausas. I went to school in th North for 6 years so I have a litle knowledge of what you're talking about.

My best friend in school was hausa. Although he was a muslim, we got along very well [for example I'd wake him up to go for prayers and the like]. Many people have come to equate hausa with the North -- in the actual sense, the fulani are more.

Depending on the upbringing, they can be reclusive -- and face it, Southerners who ar predominantly christians do carry their "Christianity" to fanatism at times in the way they treat muslims -- or they can be very outgoing.

Recently, when going out they tend to keep quiet because the only idea most people have about Islam is that Osama bin Laden was a muslim -- and most terrorists are muslims. The people they come in contact with sure don't help matters.

The "hausas" -- or Northerners -- are just like every other tribe in Nigeria -- just that the muslim population is more predominant. They are also some of the most honest fellows you can ever meet. You don't want to get one annoyed because they value honour a lot -- just insult one's father and you'll see the hordes that'll "handle" you.

I hope I answered some of your questions?
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by Tikko(m): 5:11pm On Apr 07, 2006
"JOS stands for - JESUS OUR SAVIOUR"
just4lif,
Above is what you said about the meaning of jos, but i don't thing you are right. There is no doubt Christianity dominated jos but that is not how the name came about. I was born and brought up in jos and opportune to know little about how the name came about. You see the name JOS was formally called GOSH (I don't know the meaning).It was during the colonial days when the whites came to settle in Jos in search of TIN and COLUMBITE that they change the name to JOS because of difficulty in pronunciation, since then the name Jos took over from GOSH.
NB. I'll look for the meaning of GOSH and post it, thanks.
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by my2cents(m): 6:09pm On Apr 07, 2006
i fut am pa hia, i fut am pa dia. Kai! Kwo!! Make I carry am pa my nama cut am small small kwo?

LOL

, hey, it's friday
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:04pm On Apr 07, 2006
Tikko:

"JOS stands for - JESUS OUR SAVIOUR"
just4lif,
Above is what you said about the meaning of jos, but i don't thing you are right. There is no doubt Christianity dominated jos but that is not how the name came about. I was born and brought up in jos and opportune to know little about how the name came about. You see the name JOS was formally called GOSH (I don't know the meaning).It was during the colonial days when the whites came to settle in Jos in search of TIN and COLUMBITE that they change the name to JOS because of difficulty in pronunciation, since then the name Jos took over from GOSH.
NB. I'll look for the meaning of GOSH and post it, thanks.

k'ar.yaa
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by henrylee(m): 12:32am On Apr 08, 2006
u right seun,  i see no reason too,  why we should not,  u know wot ,  infact /,  now now now ,  i am going to marry one of them,  i dont no if da will flog me,  cuz i am kind of lazy in that,,lol, 

hi all,  am henry ,  aka henrylee,  like to join u all,  and have fun. and talk about reality,  life,  and friendship,  ok!,  heard u thanks for the responce,  lovely huh, hahaha lol,  holla back,  at ur man,  oldblood
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by Danmasani(m): 12:34am On Apr 08, 2006
i fut am pa hia, i fut am pa dia. Kai! Kwo!! Make I carry am pa my nama cut am small small kwo?
@ my2cents

Is that all you can say about the Hausa people? We do more than that angry
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by my2cents(m): 3:54am On Apr 08, 2006
Danmasani,

Come on man (or woman), at the end of my post, I said ", hey, it's friday". That made my comments sarcasm. You know though (and this may or may not apply to you), pple in general never seem to b offended unless it has to do with what they are, know or believe in.

I am from Akwa Ibom State (ofen mistaken to be "Calabar"wink and pple make fun of our accent all the time, but I ain't mad grin

I apologize, but I will not stop making fun where applicable. Deal? cool
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by eveseh(f): 3:56pm On May 06, 2006
am not ready yet to mingel
Re: Hausas, Where Are You? I'm Single And Ready To Mingle by larger20(m): 4:10pm On May 06, 2006
eveseh:

am not ready yet to mingel

eve u should definitly check ma out when u r ready cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm Here / My Boyfriend Break up with Me Because I Have A Son! / I Need A Serious Girl For A Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.