Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family (9138 Views)

I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court / Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope? / How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by festusbiz(m): 9:44pm On May 25, 2012
Pls guyz help me wit tips on how to cope with d loss of my family members. Am alone
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by Odunnu: 9:55pm On May 25, 2012
Be strong my dear. Such is life. Here today, gone tomorrow. How did it happen? By accident?
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by vanitty: 9:59pm On May 25, 2012
One step at a time poster, just take your time to heal, if you are a christian, this is the time to even be closer to God, when you need someone to talk to, talk to God.
All will be well
Has difficult as it is to believe right now, all will be well
God has a reason for everything that happens. Just trust in Him
I am afraid, the only advice I can give you is God and God alone.
It is well with you.
May the Good God be with you Amen
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by Cuteobi(f): 1:41am On May 26, 2012
Look up unto God dats where our help can only come from
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by EfemenaXY: 2:35am On May 26, 2012
festusbiz: Pls guyz help me wit tips on how to cope with d loss of my family members. Am alone

That's terrible! cry cry cry

Do you have extended family members (aunts, uncles, cousins) or even close family friends you could put up with for the time being? It's important that you're not left to go through the loss alone. You need to have people around to support you while you grieve.

Depending on where you're based, you might want to book a couple of sessions with a good and experienced councellor, just to talk through your emotions and pain. Therapy is a good idea.

Pls accept my condolences on the loss of your family. May the good lord see you through this difficult time.
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by festusbiz(m): 9:14am On May 26, 2012
Am very happy with all ur encouragements. I will surmon courage and will be strong. Thanks again.
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by joejeezy(m): 9:37am On May 26, 2012
dn't u have any relatives?
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by olivia19(f): 9:38am On May 26, 2012
make God ur father,ur mother and u siblings and it shall b well wit u.
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by olivia19(f): 9:39am On May 26, 2012
what will relative do 4 him?.
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by OperaMini1(m): 9:44am On May 26, 2012
is it thro death, or separation?
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by kemiola89(f): 9:52am On May 26, 2012
with God by your side you are not alone. Are you into any relationship? If no! You need to start one
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by Chudda1976: 10:11am On May 26, 2012
It's very sad to hear your story, the truth of the matter is that you require a professional counsellor to help you deal with the situation you are in, its also important for your family and friends to be close to you as possible. In Nigeria i'm not sure if there are bereavement services who deal with such matters, you cannot deal with this on your own, please if you can, try google and search for articles or journals, you will find something at least to help come to terms with your loss, i'm in the UK, when my little sister passed away, we as a family where offered countless support and without that support it would of been diffcult. Get help the sooner the better, I wish you well.
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by azpekuliar: 10:16am On May 26, 2012
Na Boko Haram?
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by Nobody: 10:18am On May 26, 2012
the lord giveth and taketh. d same lord who taketh, shalth ye make thy father and family. God bless your union
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by Nobody: 10:22am On May 26, 2012
pls what really happened to ur family? so sorry to hear this! God will surely comfort u.
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by Tinkybabe(f): 10:24am On May 26, 2012
Accept my heartfelt sympathy.May the souls of the departed rest in peace.You need at this trying period to surround yourself with people you love who love you aswell.The temptation/urge to retreat to a secluded area and just live in solitude would come but you'd need to fight it off and try to constantly be around people.Also its time for you to look up to God,have a relationship with him cuz he is the only one that can heal you of the pain and hurts.Take heart dear.The lord would continue to strengthen you.
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by sophi(f): 10:43am On May 26, 2012
God is ur strenght
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by lillies: 10:46am On May 26, 2012
@poster, take heart sir

1 Like

Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by LoverHater: 11:16am On May 26, 2012
---
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by Sijo01(f): 11:22am On May 26, 2012
lillies: @poster, were you disfellowshiped by the watchtower organization, a.k.a jehovah witness? If yes i think u ar VERY LUCKY.

hahahaha. Now u tel me u'r nt serious.

Op, dis is jst d beginin, dey'r gonna crack ur ribs here wit diff comet sotel, tears go comth frm ur eyes.

No matter wat hapnd 2ur family, jst stay calm n trust in HIM. its well wit ur soul.

1 Like

Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by Sijo01(f): 11:24am On May 26, 2012
lillies: @poster, were you disfellowshiped by the watchtower organization, a.k.a jehovah witness? If yes i think u ar VERY LUCKY.
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 26, 2012
dis bi.tch is so slow:
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by lillies: 12:31pm On May 26, 2012
@bayloaf
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by Theblessed(f): 12:33pm On May 26, 2012
[b][size=16pt] I am so saddened to read about your tragedy. No word is encouraging or reassuring enough to console you at this present time but, take solace in God - Trust him and above all, remember his promise

"...for I am the Lord, who heals you" Exodus Chpt. 15 v. 26. God Almigty, will heal your pain, trust him.

Yes, he will heal your pain, how? I don't know but for sure his Mighty Right Hand will miraculously, touch you though others who will help you come through this red sea - believe it!

Please, find below a hymn composed by a man called Horatio Spafford, who like you went through many tragedies in his life - losing money/investments, loss of his only son, loss of 3 daughters in the occean through ship collusion yet he was a man of God.

Remember, satan will afflict you more when you're closer to God than when you're not - always remember that therefore, arm yourself with the Spirit of God through constant positive PRAYERS.

May I now leave you with this song that many people find comforting at times of trials as this.

Soak yourself up in it (if you know the tune and if you don't find someone who knows), it will help you cope.

Yes, you lost your family but you survived, and that can be nothing more than, a miracle. It is well!!!
Praise God for your life - Halelujah!

It Is Well With My Soul

1 When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Refrain:
It is well, (it is well),
With my soul, (with my soul)
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

2 Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

3 My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

4 For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life,
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.

5 But Lord, 'tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul.

6 And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

Horatio Spafford [/size][/b]

1 Like

Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by Pakavy(m): 12:59pm On May 26, 2012
festusbiz: Am very happy with all ur encouragements. I will surmon courage and will be strong. Thanks again.
and may d almyty fortify dat courage.
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by Taiw(m): 12:59pm On May 26, 2012
The only thing i can say is to be strong and to hang around with good friends or relatives for the time being. and draw closer to God. Dont rush into any relationships now to avoid unneccesary hrtbrk.If you need someone funny to talk to, i'll be glad to keep you company.just tweet me @taiwomix or better still add me on 2go@dontaiwo21 or yahoo messen...telltboyz@yahoo.com.God will see you through this hard times.
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by Pakavy(m): 1:01pm On May 26, 2012
mean machine!
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by freecocoa(f): 1:18pm On May 26, 2012
shocked shocked shocked

I don't know what to even say to you OP,the loss of a loved one is too much to bear let alone all.

Just take it easy.
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by Falcon(m): 1:53pm On May 26, 2012
Go close to God, make your self busy in the house of God, and always stay in the company of friends and people that can encourage you. Regards .
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by economia: 2:02pm On May 26, 2012
take heart
Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 26, 2012
I know how u feel,i lost my parents at a young age too,GOD is all u have,HE is complete in himself and very sufficient for u,u need friends too,GOD used friends to get me this far,forget relatives they are only sympathetic at d beginin,they ll leta rub it into ur face that ur not their responsibility. I wish u much GRACE.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family by ADEBOSUN(m): 3:25pm On May 26, 2012
@poster, maybe you should explain how you lost them.....or what that even means sef?
Are they dead? How did they die?
Or are they missing? How did they get missing?
Or were you disowned?....
It would be nice if you were clearer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kidnapped 6Yr Old Girl Kosi Akilo @ Enugu On Sunday May 13th 2012 / Causes Of Infidelity In Marriages / Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.