Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker (6900 Views)

Most Reliable Stockbroker In Nigeria / Listing Of Shares On The NSE Should Be Voluntary - MTN / Stock Brokers In Nigeria: Rate Your Stockbroker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by Prince081: 9:56pm On May 25, 2012
House, I need assistance/clarification here. I transferred my shares from CSL stockbroking firm to to Fidelity Stockbroking Limited since July 2011 (Close to 1 year now) with all the documents duly signed. The issue here is that the shares is no longer reflecting in CSL LTD (my former stockbroker) and has not been deposited in Fidelity Stockbrocking Limited (new stock broker).

My questions are as follows: I wonder where the shares has been residing all this while? Which govt agency can I write to in order to fight this anomaly? Your candid responses will highly be appreciated.
Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by mma199: 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2013
Contact Central Securities Clearing System Limited, 2/4 customs street Lagos. WWW.cscsnigerialtd.com
Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by manie(m): 3:25pm On Mar 18, 2013
Get the transaction details on your account from CSCS, or from the registrars of the stocks in your account. This will give an idea of where your stocks are, the guys at Fidelity might not be telling you the full story.
Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by shevon: 3:53pm On Mar 18, 2013
If the shares have been verified, write to CSCS through you new stockbrokers and give them the details of your former and new CSCS account numbers.
If the shares have not been verified, contact the registrar of the company whose shares you are holding, they will certainly sort it out.
Good luck.
Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by manie(m): 3:57pm On Mar 18, 2013
manie: Get the transaction details on your account from CSCS, or from the registrars of the stocks in your account. This will give an idea of where your stocks are, the guys at Fidelity might not be telling you the full story.

You can get the date you were signed out from CSL stockbrokers from CSCS. The information can be accessed online.
Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by tomakint: 3:58pm On Mar 18, 2013
Do a letter to the Central Security and Clearing System (CSCS)as soon as possible on behalf of the first company and make sure they acknowledge that letter also remember to quote your CSCS account number to facilitate easy processing from the your former stockbroking firm to the new one!
Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by feelamong(m): 4:00pm On Mar 18, 2013
You can actually transfer your shares from one stock broker to another easily these days with the CSCS online Portal!

Just send your letter of authority seeking the transfer to your target stockbroker then they will just go online and send the request to your former brokers aftewhich it will be approved by CSCS.

Basically it takes about 2 weeks or even less these days!
Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by coalcoal1(m): 4:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
PHIPEX: Nawa for Nairaland o. See a question that was asked since May 25, 2012 is getting here by March 18, 2013. The road to this front page can be truly longer than one imagines. Dear Lord, may answers to my prayers not take this long to come.

My prayer also is that every oga at the top of my destiny, may God silence you like the dot gov dot ng in ww.nscdc in Jesus name

Thats all

2 Likes

Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by PHIPEX(m): 4:14pm On Mar 18, 2013
feelamong:

It doesnt matter how long it takes.. the thing is let your prayers be answere finally.. Just ask GEJ how long he had to stay without shoes after he was born and the type of shoe he is now wearing!

Now to the question: You can actually trnasfer your shares from one stock broker to another easily these days with the CSCS online Portal!

Just send your letter of authority seeking the transfer to your target stockbroker then they will just go online and send the request to your former brokers aftewhich it will be approved by CSCS.

Basically it takes about 2 weeks or even less these days!

Nooo, there is time value of information. if the OP needed to make an urgent decision on the state of his/her shares and the response is coming 10 months after, tell me what value whatever response we give here now will make to him/her. Besides, it was still brought to the front page with less than 3 comments meaning they could have done same when it was posted. Anyway, others can learn from his loss.

1 Like

Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by manie(m): 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2013
Prince 08: House, I need assistance/clarification here. I transferred my shares from CSL stockbroking firm to to Fidelity Stockbroking Limited since July 2011 (Close to 1 year now) with all the documents duly signed. The issue here is that the shares is no longer reflecting in CSL LTD (my former stockbroker) and has not been deposited in Fidelity Stockbrocking Limited (new stock broker).

My questions are as follows: I wonder where the shares has been residing all this while? Which govt agency can I write to in order to fight this anomaly? Your candid responses will highly be appreciated.

I hope the problem is solved.
Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by manie(m): 4:22pm On Mar 18, 2013
I had similar problem when I transferred my stockbroking account from Union capital to BGL, mine took 6 weeks instead about 1 week for the inter broker transfer.

But I followed up at CSCS, Union Capital and BGL. Instead of relying on just online solution, i made personal visits to CSCS and the brokers.

I later found out that it was the officer at CSCS that caused the delay.
Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by manie(m): 4:24pm On Mar 18, 2013
Nothing do your stock, be rest assured that your stocks and the bonuses accrued are very safe. I hope you are still getting dividends from your stocks.
Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by obxddon(m): 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2013
Thank God this came up.
I Live in Calabar and have some shares with FCMB and sky bank.Since 2009 I have not recived any dividends from either banks,I paid my broker for the change of address when I moved to calabar and he said he has done it.The name of Firm is YUDERB SECURITIES
the problem now is,the guy I have been in contact with is no longer with the firm and I dont know if he has done the change of address,the person he gave me the number has been acting strange and also I dont have much time to go to lagos.
Please i need help

1. How do I get to contact CSCS
2. If I want to change to another active broking firm,how do I go about it??
3. How do I know if the shares in question have increased( based on share bonus) and how do I get my address changed.
Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 18, 2013
bright007: err....yes...e.r.r..I would not want to comment on this now because I don't want to say something now and my oga at the top will say its another...DAZ all.gringringringrin
. Wit due respect sir/ma u are very stupid and fooolish 4 d word "oga at the top" u wrote above. y are some nigerians so senseless? no wonder they said 18millions nigeria are mentally ill, just imagine u were in dis man shoe we u be happy as people are mocking u? is dere anybody on @T dat cant make a mistake? wat if it was u? i as a person b4 i do anything 2 my fellow being i do like to tink wat if it was me? how do i feel, how do i react, dats wat all of u should be tinking of b4 mocking another person, and even if dey get details about u, u may even be d type dat cant even speak a single correct sentence yet u are here mocking a whole person dat speaks correct english on an international tv, and have dey even interview any of ur generation on a local radio b4? talkless of international tv,foool!
Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by manie(m): 4:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
obxddon: Thank God this came up.
I Live in Calabar and have some shares with FCMB and sky bank.Since 2009 I have not recived any dividends from either banks,I paid my broker for the change of address when I moved to calabar and he said he has done it.The name of Firm is YUDERB SECURITIES
the problem now is,the guy I have been in contact with is no longer with the firm and I dont know if he has done the change of address,the person he gave me the number has been acting strange and also I dont have much time to go to lagos.
Please i need help

3. How do I know if the shares in question have increased( based on share bonus) and how do I get my address changed.

Visit CSL Registrars

CSL SECURITIES (REGISTRARS) LIMITED
Company address
Plot 282A, -Aba Expressway, GRA 11, P. O. Box 13106, River State., Port Harcourt
Phone
084-237772-4
Fax
084-237772-4
Website
https://csrl.firstcitygroup.com/

That is the nearest branch to your base at Calabar.
Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by Charlc(m): 4:53pm On Mar 18, 2013
Prince 08: House, I need assistance/clarification here. I transferred my shares from CSL stockbroking firm to to Fidelity Stockbroking Limited since July 2011 (Close to 1 year now) with all the documents duly signed. The issue here is that the shares is no longer reflecting in CSL LTD (my former stockbroker) and has not been deposited in Fidelity Stockbrocking Limited (new stock broker).

[color=#006600][/color]Your shares may well had been transferred normally to a fresh account number to Fidelity Stockbroking Ltd. They should check their records with your name. If the result is negative write to the CEO, CSCS through the CEO Fidelity Stockbroking Ltd. the transfer of my stock took well over 3 years due to the ignorance of my initial stockbroker.
Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by PHIPEX(m): 4:59pm On Mar 18, 2013
Dear Moderator, I've been here since 2009 but this is the first time my comment will ever be hidden, I want to know why. If you guys ban people for wrong doings you should also take the blame when you err afterall you are not omniscient and stop hidding my curious comment.

PHIPEX: Nawa for Nairaland o. See a question that was asked since May 25, 2012 is getting here by March 18, 2013. The road to this front page can be truly longer than one imagines. Dear Lord, may answers to my prayers not take this long to come.

1 Like

Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by bright007(f): 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
Human_being1st: . Wit due respect sir/ma u are very stupid and fooolish 4 d word "oga at the top" u wrote above. y are some nigerians so senseless? no wonder they said 18millions nigeria are mentally ill, just imagine u were in dis man shoe[b] we u be[/b] happy as people are mocking u? is dere anybody[b] on @T dat[/color] cant make a mistake? wat if it was u? i as a person b4 i do anything 2 my fellow being i do like to tink wat if it was me? how do i feel, how do i react, dats wat all of u should be tinking of b4 mocking another person, and even if dey get details about u, u may even be d type dat cant even speak a single correct sentence yet u are here mocking a whole person dat speaks correct english on an international tv, and have dey even interview any of ur generation on a local radio b4?[b] talkless[/color] of international tv,foool!
...The only reason I would have replied in kind to your folly above would have been if you were better than an illiterate.From your comment above,its obvious you are a kindergarten drop-out,so no need engaging in a war of wits and whiskers with you.
Just go through your blunders above and be kind to yourself by picking up a nursery rhyme to help with your blunders.
Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by bright007(f): 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
Human_being1st: . Wit due respect sir/ma u are very stupid and fooolish 4 d word "oga at the top" u wrote above. y are some nigerians so senseless? no wonder they said 18millions nigeria are mentally ill, just imagine u were in dis man shoe[b]we u be[/b] happy as people are mocking u? is dere anybody on @T dat cant make a mistake? wat if it was u? i as a person b4 i do anything 2 my fellow being i do like to tink wat if it was me? how do i feel, how do i react, dats wat all of u should be tinking of b4 mocking another person, and even if dey get details about u, u may even be d type dat cant even speak a single correct sentence yet u are here mocking a whole person dat speaks correct english on an international tv, and have dey even interview any of ur generation on a local radio b4? talkless of international tv,foool!
...The only reason I would have replied in kind to your folly above would have been if you were better than an illiterate.From your comment above,its obvious you are a kindergarten drop-out,so no need engaging in a war of wits and whiskers with you.
Just go through your blunders above and be kind to yourself by picking up a nursery rhyme to help with your blunders.
Re: Transfer Of Shares From Stockbroker To Stockbroker by uuspace(m): 8:53pm On Mar 18, 2013
[quote author=obxddon]Thank God this came up.
the problem now is,the guy I have been in contact with is no longer with the firm and I dont know if he has done the change of address,the person he gave me the number has been acting strange and also I dont have much time to go to lagos

Please i need help

Hi the shares did u get them through ipo, or on thr flour of the exchange?if ipo u should av the certificates , if on the floor then u av to find the registra for the stock and confirm if ur name is listed as one of the shareholders .The registrar is csl stockhloders .

The registrar will tell u if u av outstsnding dividend.u can follow up from there.

Do share ur experience, after uv done the above

(1) (2) (Reply)

25 Modern Ways To Save Money In Nigeria Today / Looking For Capital For Your Business? Get It Now And Boost Your Business / Which Bank Is The Best For Fixed Deposit Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.