Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War (14427 Views)

Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Takes Off / Mbeki’s Damning Verdict On Nigerians / Thabo Mbeki’s Verdict On Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by stivin(m): 4:10pm On May 26, 2012
its saad, i think we need serious miracle so that something good will come out of Gej's govt.
Always belief nigeria is a heavenly project in God's hand.
truth is the ideal ijaw man by nature and background is not cut out for the turbulence of state politics not to talk of national politics.

i have lived and worked with 'em most of my life, very few have the mental, social and psychological stability to swim in such murky and demanding terrain as the nigerian political environment, though they are born swimmers.

Am serious here, no harm meant though.

OBJ's choice of a vice-president was flawed knowing fully well his predecessor will certainly die in power.
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by kay10: 4:13pm On May 26, 2012
What is the way forward?I think Jonathan is preparing for war,he needs those monies to go to wars.How on earth could he jonathan could continuing to keep quiet when huge money are being siphon to foregin bank everyday!We need foreign intervation to end this crisings.The country cant continue like this.He needs help.
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by murtalaa(m): 4:38pm On May 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

What brain-dead analysis is dead? What stops an elected leader who was 'freely and fairly' elected, from running a corrupt system? undecided undecided undecided

what kind of brain-dead person are you? Even as a student of natural science, i know that there is a direct correlation between free and fair election and good governance. POL 101.
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On May 26, 2012
murtalaa:

what kind of brain-dead person are you? Even as a student of natural science, i know that there is a direct correlation between free and fair election and good governance. POL 101.

A Student of natural science? A direct correlation between free and fair election and good governance?
Oh my gosh!!! Please tell me what school you attend so I make sure I do not recommend such junkyard to anyone I care for. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by cashcpt(m): 4:52pm On May 26, 2012
kay10: What is the way forward?I think Jonathan is preparing for war,he needs those monies to go to wars.How on earth could he jonathan could continuing to keep quiet when huge money are being siphon to foregin bank everyday!We need foreign intervation to end this crisings.The country cant continue like this.He needs help.

Jona is preparing 4 a disintegration in his first term that is why the looting has reached monumental proportions it is a case of salvaging what u can from sinking ship or a burning house.

1 Like

Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by live4ever: 4:55pm On May 26, 2012
Gbawe:

Superb analysis. OBJ was grotesquely corrupt but , as you stated, corruption was a partisan affair under him in that some were allowed to be corrupt but not everyone and not everywhere . Very bad but ultimately not as bad as what obtains today where a corrupt, weak and totally compromised President is encouraging the sort of wanton corruption and "free for all looting", everywhere, that will destroy the nation. The perfect example is provided by what obtained in the fuel subsidy sector under OBJ and GEJ respectively.

And to think this is just one year into his tenure.....and he's already planning to contest again in 2015 and stay another 4yrs!! Such an unbearable thought!
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by Lisa1: 4:57pm On May 26, 2012
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by mannyU: 5:06pm On May 26, 2012
moderattor: who are we changing them with?
Most of the youth are currupt too! See what happens in SUG elections.
I think GEJ's approach to solving the problem is best.
People are stealing successfully because people don't know those who know are intimidated not to talk.
But this time GEJ is allowing everyone freedom of speech, so Arunma Oteh can point out that Hembe didn't return the N44M he collected to attend a seminar.
People now know how much aso rock spends.
If this continues,
in 10 years it will be impossible to steal a naira from the government.

I can see dat ur brain wrks as slow and lazy as Gej's. How can u drop dat kind of poo above... If we continue like dis, in 10yrs time Nigeria will be no more or if it still exist will be surviving basically on aids n charity.

D earlier Gej quits dat seat, d betr 4 all of us.
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by bknight: 5:06pm On May 26, 2012
O Thou Politics! Men may never come to understand thy ways!!
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by mannyU: 5:07pm On May 26, 2012
moderattor: who are we changing them with?
Most of the youth are currupt too! See what happens in SUG elections.
I think GEJ's approach to solving the problem is best.
People are stealing successfully because people don't know those who know are intimidated not to talk.
But this time GEJ is allowing everyone freedom of speech, so Arunma Oteh can point out that Hembe didn't return the N44M he collected to attend a seminar.
People now know how much aso rock spends.
If this continues,
in 10 years it will be impossible to steal a naira from the government.

I can see dat ur brain wrks as slow and lazy as Gej's. How can u drop dat kind of poo above... If we continue like dis, in 10yrs time Nigeria will be no more or if it still exist will be surviving basically on aids n charity.

D earlier Gej quits dat seat, d betr 4 all of us. D guy is jus so dumb, incompetent n shittscared. Gej was neva a blessing
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by lutherking1(m): 5:09pm On May 26, 2012
Posterity will always come 2c and compare and GEJ is dam serious in retaining the trophy as the worst president in our Nations history.
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by keemness(m): 5:40pm On May 26, 2012
Hilary....blame it on buhari...smh...
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by Rhino5dm: 5:48pm On May 26, 2012
Where is Beaf?. . .?
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by filia4real(m): 5:49pm On May 26, 2012
A 700 mi££ion naira govt fund was released to a lg chairman last 2 mths and all he could do was award it 2 his two leper coy.
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by karlmax2: 6:03pm On May 26, 2012
Pls correct me if am wrong the report said the 3 teirs of government meaning the LEGISLATOR,JUDICIARY,and EXECUTIVE why the bashing of the executive alone and turn a blind eye to the LEGISLATORS that has both the PDP,ACN,CPC as members!why turn a blind eye to that and bash the executive alone so the executive is now the 3 tiers of government! So long as we continue this hypocracry and gej this and that nigeria is going no where!

2 Likes

Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by Rhino5dm: 6:04pm On May 26, 2012
Bros, show na? shocked shocked LWKMD

Viewing this topic: Sonnik212, Piyke, ogazi007(m), chioma134, 0key, Barywhyte , Abali1, Kessyy2k4 , coolluk, karl max, zogon(m), wellfavoured (m), Aigonline, soloqy, Lamasta(m), honeric01(m), Beaf: shocked and 24 guest(s)

1 Like

Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by ayox20003: 6:05pm On May 26, 2012
Do I need to make any comment?
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On May 26, 2012
karl max: Pls correct me if am wrong the report said the 3 teirs of government meaning the LEGISLATOR,JUDICIARY,and EXECUTIVE why the bashing of the executive alone and turn a blind eye to the LEGISLATORS that has both the PDP,ACN,CPC as members!why turn a blind eye to that and bash the executive alone so the executive is now the 3 tiers of government! So long as we continue this hypocracry and gej this and that nigeria is going no where!

Here is a lesson for you. The Executive is IN CHARGE of executing the laws of the land i.e making sure that those who are caught in crime are prosecuted. That power does not lie with the law makers or the judiciary but with the executive.

That is why it is utmost, in any successful democracy, that people ensure that they elect the right people into office. Justice can exist on paper but only with the right people in office can you make sure justice is served at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by akpan123(m): 6:11pm On May 26, 2012
THE WINNING TEAM , CORRUPTION IS NOT A PRIVELEGE, BUT A RIGHT FOR GOVT OFFICIALS, IF U DON T STEAL, DEY SAY U BE FOOL, IF U DON T DEVELOP YOUR LOCAL GOVT OR VILLAGE, DEY SAY U ARE A BASTARD. WE ALL KNOW FROM A TO Z OFFICIALS
ARE ALL CORRUPT, WHAT MORE EVIDENCE DO U NEED, U HEAR BILLIONS DISAPPEARING EVERYDAY. SO THATS IS NO NEWS.

THOUGH DON T LIKE CORRUPT OFFICIALS, BUT L PREFER THOSE WHO INVEST THE STOLEN MONEY IN NIGERIA THAN IN ABROAD,ONE
DAY ONE RAWLINGS WILL GET THEM BACK.
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 26, 2012
i honestly thougth GEJ will be shakin nigeria wit development in all sectors by now! i dnt knw wat convinced me to vote for him sha.
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On May 26, 2012
Jenams: i honestly thougth GEJ will be shakin nigeria wit development in all sectors by now! i dnt knw wat convinced me to vote for him sha.

Why? Because he has a record that shows him shaking other sectors he has been placed in charge of, in the past, with development? Oh please!!
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by ijigbamigb(m): 6:42pm On May 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:

A Student of natural science? A direct correlation between free and fair election and good governance?
Oh my gosh!!! Please tell me what school you attend so I make sure I do not recommend such junkyard to anyone I care for. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Well I think he actually attended same school GEJ. PHD attended...
Mr. Natural Scientist, There exist no direct relationship between a free and fair election and good governance, though a free and fair election is an important requisite for good governance as a free and fair election assures legitimacy and acceptability. In the case of GEJ, we should study him from the behavioral perspective taking his personal idiosyncrasies into consideration. His policies reflects the kind of PERSON he is...his reaction to National Security Issues, Oppositions, elder statesmen (eg. Chinua Achebe after rejecting the national award), economic matters, his choice for cabinet members...etc. All these things mentioned here and many more portrays him to be a mere opportunist who rode on the hungry desire of Nigerians to shift power from the north to the South for the sake of development...

i wish to say more but bat3 low... cry cry
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by Loveaflame(m): 6:48pm On May 26, 2012
It is very painful to c wat is going on in ds nation without crying and feeling sorry for it.Our religious leaders are 2 b blamed 4 ds corruption.They encouraged it by accepting big donations from them in form of tithes,gifts,seedsowing,contribution.If they have beeen rebuked and even disciplined they might have changed.What wrries me more is d attitude of our Christian leaders who pray and prophesy on them.They have failed Nigerians and God also.They keep mute because they are benefiting from them.It is time we uncorrupted ones to come together and do somethingg about this corruption.It will continue if people don't rise against.I believe it is time for the french version of revolution to take place in Nigeria.I weep for this nation.
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 26, 2012
America calling Nigeria corrupt...

THE STOVE calling the kettle black. grin tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjAOrNn36Ns
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by lacasa: 7:23pm On May 26, 2012
Fresh air things.. grin ; D̶̲̥̅̊

Una neva see anything

i voteed GEJ not PDP .. ; D̶̲̥̅̊

Lmaooooor grin grin
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by gidiMonsta(m): 7:26pm On May 26, 2012
Nigeria is dead broke at a time when oil prices are soaring. In just 2yrs this bloke has succeeded in running the country down with his daft statements and gross inaction while his cronies continue looting in a manner that's unprecedented in our history. I just hope the present Chief of Army Staff is not as weak as our president cos a coup is not too far away if things continue like this.
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On May 26, 2012
^^ Can't wait to read what the lazy slogan will be in 2015 grin
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by lutherking1(m): 8:09pm On May 26, 2012
Kobojunkie: ^^ Can't wait to read what the lazy slogan will be in 2015 grin
how many percentage of Nigerians realy care abt d slogon. I realy dislike PDP as a party bt I suspect dt come 2015 dey may stil win- na Nigeria we dey na
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by maasoap(m): 8:09pm On May 26, 2012
donpeluchi: It's quite obvious, we dont need the US to tell us
No, I disagree with you. We need USA and other outsiders to tell us so that the stup!d morafu<kers who are very fond of reading ethnicity and religion into our criticism of him will have a rethink. Have you noticed that they couldn't comment on this thread. This is because the indictiment came from outsiders. Jona is weak and corrupt.

1 Like

Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by Shokoloko(f): 8:15pm On May 26, 2012
my problem is with church leaders.who cannot see a bad thing and call it bad. they are busy praying for these thieves and laying hands on them. i once attended a service and the pastor asked the church to pray for GEJ. everyone stood up and opened our mouths and no one could make a sound. we were all so angry
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by muyoto: 8:27pm On May 26, 2012
MsDarkSkin: America calling Nigeria corrupt...

THE STOVE calling the kettle black. grin tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjAOrNn36Ns

Big deal.

CNN is a private institution, and I believe it remains their prerogative to edit certain parts of any report they are uncomfortable with. So i don't see where the issue of corruption comes up here. . .and even if it does, I'm not convinced it's anywhere near the unbridled, colossally sickening scale we are currently witnessing in Nigeria.
Re: U.S Delivers Damning Verdict On GEJ’s Anti-corruption War by sunkoye: 8:30pm On May 26, 2012
Boko haram sef is corrupt! they wont just smoke the big boyz....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kashamu Will Sue Obasanjo For Calling Him Drug Baron / EFCC Not Investigating Ooni Ogunwusi - Prince Adetokunbo Sijuwade / Buhari Did Not Reject 2016 Budget – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.