Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Whoever Changed Nairaland's UI Did No Do A Good Job! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Whoever Changed Nairaland's UI Did No Do A Good Job! (842 Views)

University Of Ibadan UI Post Utme 2014: Cut Off Mark, Exam Date / Picture of the Man that Changed His Face To A Dog Face Through Surgery / Jilted UI Student Drinks Bleach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whoever Changed Nairaland's UI Did No Do A Good Job! by SayoMarvel(m): 2:11am On May 27, 2012
Whoever changed Nairaland's UI did a pretty bad job. Its been long since I last visited this lounge and on coming back, I was so surprised (and disappointed) about how disorganized it had become.
Was any survey conducted before the change? Why should my view be wiped out just like that?
Normally, if a site wants to change a view, they normally offer you to try it out and give you the ability to rollback if you don't like it.
I think the former UI (though not pretty) is generally better than this new one.
And text alignment is better at "left" than the new "center" where it is. Anybody that creates software that other homo sapiens (not homo logicus -- programmers) will use should definitely take a course on HCI. It will definitely help in designing highly appealing user interfaces.
Re: Whoever Changed Nairaland's UI Did No Do A Good Job! by Seun(m): 6:42am On May 27, 2012
Have you tried it on your mobile phone? I noticed that more people use Nairaland on their mobile phones, so while we were switching to the New Nairaland Script, I also decided to create a new look somewhere in-between a typical mobile site and a typical desktop site. It's certainly less visually appealing than the old one, but it's more logically organized and fully functional and better-looking on mobile phones. You'll get used to it eventually, I promise! It's fully functional on mobile phones.

(1) (Reply)

Romance Section Is More Fun Than Family Section.. / How Do You Clean The Inside Of A Coffee Maker? / A Touching Story Of My LIFE, When I Was Stil In School, Share This Feelings Pals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.