Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? (14600 Views)

best schegen Country For A Nigerian To Hustle / Best Asian Country For A Nigerian To Hustle / Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by cydophobia(m): 7:21am On May 27, 2012
Hello guys
Please kindly furnish me as in how viable to hustle in turkey as a student and a worker
Your contribution will be highly appreciated.
Thank you
Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by Vicjustice: 8:00pm On May 28, 2012
cydophobia: Hello guys
Please kindly furnish me as in how viable to hustle in turkey as a student and a worker
Thank you
Though, Turkey is more developed than 60% of the countries in the EU, it is still not a place to "hustle"; actually, no country is a place to "hustle" without the right papers nowadays

3 Likes

Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by cydophobia(m): 8:38pm On May 28, 2012
Vicjustice: Though, Turkey is more developed than 60% of the countries in the EU, it is still not a place to "hustle"; actually, no country is a place to "hustle" without the right papers nowadays

@Vicjustice
Thanks for your response
What if i have a student visa?.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by wip7: 3:34pm On May 31, 2012
Vicjustice: Though, Turkey is more developed than 60% of the countries in the EU, it is still not a place to "hustle"; actually, no country is a place to "hustle" without the right papers nowadays

You have gotten the direct and 100% truthful answer quoted here. Turkey is a developed nation and living expenses a bit low to most EU countries unfortunately higher than African countries, due to this hustling wages is low as well although paid qualified job like academic field (Lecturer, graduate assistants, researcher)is comparable to most universities in the USA, UK and Most EU and many other qualified certificate based jobs.

As a student, you can live a moderate life of 350lira monthly including accommodation based on location in Turkey (small cities or district are cheaper compared to Bigger cities like Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir etc)and you might find casual hustling jobs ranging 600-1500 lira monthly (construction jobs (Tedious and laborious), hotel job, car wash, grass cutting, mechanic etc). Note that, most jobs will or might require you to have basic or advance Turkish language proficiency (to live better, you need to learn Turkish). As a student, you are limited due to lectures, homework and most employers might not want get you work permit and if you work illegal, might be hazardous.

I will advise you have full finance possibly 1year or more before you embark on the journey. You should have full tuition fees , accommodation and living expenses for whole one year or more, after which you must have mastered the environment and find your way around.

Note: Turkey do not like drug paddlers, criminal act cos all these will lead you into deep hole jail which you might be forgotten for years. Most of the hustling jobs are just for sustainable living not to make you buy hummer jeep or build castle. Do try smaller cities like Izmir, Tuzla, mamara etc for your studies. wish you luck!

4 Likes

Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by governorhalvin1: 4:01pm On May 31, 2012
Wao......nice one...are you in turkey...because i will love to go there also..
Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by cydophobia(m): 8:16am On Jun 01, 2012
Vicjustice
Thank u for that comprehensive explanation,I really appreciate it.
Meanwhile am system\network engineer I have four yrs experience I want to actually knw my chances of getting job as a worker.
Thank you
Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by DAY12(m): 11:50am On Jun 01, 2012
wip7:

You have gotten the direct and 100% truthful answer quoted here. Turkey is a developed nation and living expenses a bit low to most EU countries unfortunately higher than African countries, due to this hustling wages is low as well although paid qualified job like academic field (Lecturer, graduate assistants, researcher)is comparable to most universities in the USA, UK and Most EU and many other qualified certificate based jobs.

As a student, you can live a moderate life of 350lira monthly including accommodation based on location in Turkey (small cities or district are cheaper compared to Bigger cities like Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir etc)and you might find casual hustling jobs ranging 600-1500 lira monthly (construction jobs (Tedious and laborious), hotel job, car wash, grass cutting, mechanic etc). Note that, most jobs will or might require you to have basic or advance Turkish language proficiency (to live better, you need to learn Turkish). As a student, you are limited due to lectures, homework and most employers might not want get you work permit and if you work illegal, might be hazardous.

I will advise you have full finance possibly 1year or more before you embark on the journey. You should have full tuition fees , accommodation and living expenses for whole one year or more, after which you must have mastered the environment and find your way around.

Note: Turkey do not like drug paddlers, criminal act cos all these will lead you into deep hole jail which you might be forgotten for years. Most of the hustling jobs are just for sustainable living not to make you buy hummer jeep or build castle. Do try smaller cities like Izmir, Tuzla, mamara etc for your studies. wish you luck!

Excellent! what is the cost of living? House rent & food? cheesy
Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by Harry616: 4:20pm On Jan 05, 2013
Can somebody tell me something about Qatar? I need to compare Qatar with Turkey[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by Harry616: 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2013
Can somebody tell me something about Qatar? I need to compare Qatar with Turkey
Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by Harry616: 4:53pm On Jan 05, 2013
can someone tell me something about Qatar?
Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by trinityconcept(m): 1:33pm On May 24, 2019
wip7:

thanks a lot but please can you give an estimate of the amount in Naira that should be enough for that one year
Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by optimusprime2(m): 4:49pm On May 24, 2019
cydophobia:
Hello guys
Thank you

I strongly advise that your first year as a student in Turkey should be covered either by your funding, sponsor or scholarship, otherwise it would be a huge risk with a capital "R" to say you intend to cover ground by husslin as a student in your first year- that's a pure recipe for crashing. Because you will never hit the ground running in Turkey.

Also know that the language case in Turkey is another determinant in husslin, even menial jobs require a level of Turkish proficiency I.e Ingilizice yok. (No English) the smaller the city, the less likely you are to find opportunities of any sort for English speaking people. That unfortunately is a flip flap effect, because smaller cities are less expensive but more native (Turkish oriented), bigger cities are more expensive but there is the likelihood of finding people who can understand English.

Generally speaking Turkey is a developed country, going there as a sponsored/Financed student? Good Idea, but... I wouldn't advise you to go there to "Hussle" per say...
It may leave a sour taste in your mouth.
Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by grandstar(m): 10:36pm On May 24, 2019
cydophobia:
Hello guys
Thank you

Turkey isn't a good place to hustle. It's per capita income is only about $11,000. If travelling overseas to hustle is your objective, then target countries with per capita income of at least $30,000 if you want a low skilled job that can lay your bills and you can still save, Those with high per capita income should be your target.

Also, ensure that unemployment is 6% or less. Any rate higher than this and you'll have problems getting work, worsened by the fact you can only get hustling work

Many Nigerians in Italy are seriously regretting as they can't find work. Unemployment rate there is around 10%.

Or look at Britain. You have many migrants in France desperate to reach Britain going through the English channel by hiding in car boots etc. The unemployment rate in Britain is about 4% but France 8.8%. The unemployment rate is now falling in France due to labour market reforms initiated by Macron.

The migrants don't want to stay in France as there are no jobs in France.

Make some more investigation about any country you want to travel to whether it's easy to find work as an illegal immigrant..

If you're unmarried, you can get work papers if you marry a local.

If you marry someone from the EU, it usually grants you the right to work in any EU country. If you are currently unmarried, it's a route you can take.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by cydophobia(m): 5:11am On May 25, 2019
Thank you Boss.
Please can I have your email address?

grandstar:

Turkey isn't a good place to hustle. It's per capita income is only about $11,000. If travelling overseas target countries per capita income of at least $30,000 if you want a low skilled job that can lay your bills and you can still save, those with high per capita income should be your target.

Also, ensure that unemployment is 6% or less. Any rate higher than this and you'll have problems getting work, worsened by the fact you can only get hustling work

Many Nigerians I'm Italy are seriously regretting as they can't find work. Unemployment rate there is around 10%.

Or look at Britain. You have many migrants in France desperate to reach Britain going through the English channel by hiding in car boots etc. The unemployment rate in Britain is about 4% but France 8.8%. It's falling in France due to labour market reforms initiated by Macron

They don't want to stay in France as there are no jobs in France.

Make some more investigation about any country you want to travel to whether it's easy to find work as an illegal immigrant..

If you're unmarried, you can get work papers if you marry a local.

If you marry someone from the EU, it usually grants you the right to work in any EU country. If unmarried, it's a route you can take.

Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by grandstar(m): 8:14am On May 25, 2019
cydophobia:
Thank you Boss.
Please can I have your email address?

b
Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by cydophobia(m): 10:42am On May 25, 2019
You
Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by grandstar(m): 11:13am On May 25, 2019
cydophobia:
You got a mail, pls check .

Please delete my email address
Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by grandstar(m): 12:15pm On May 25, 2019
cydophobia:
You got a mail, pls check .

Delete my emaill
Re: Is Turkey A Good Place To Hustle ? by Ndipe(m): 7:54pm On Dec 06, 2019
I passed the night in Istanbul on my way to Nigeria. It's a beautiful city. I really want to visit Trabzon.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Qatar Work Visa For 600k.is It Worth It? / How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos / DANA Airline Grounded, Demuren To Step Aside!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.