Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings (13621 Views)

Help: Configure My Multilinks Internet Connection / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by abstarr(m): 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2007
Help guys. I need to configure my iphone with glo gprs settings. I kno what the settings are, i jus can't find where to configure the bloody proxy server which is 10.100.98.22. HELP!!!!!!
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by nazzyon(m): 11:23pm On Nov 19, 2007
Hello,

Since you know how to enter the nec

Here is the path:

-----Settings

-----General

------Network

------Edge

Then you enter what you got.

You may have to re enter the settings whenever you restart your phone. The problem is only with 1.1.1 firmware.
Good day
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by abstarr(m): 6:41am On Nov 20, 2007
Thanks nazzyon,

I did enter all these in the Edge.

The only options there to configure are:

Accesspoint Name: glogwap
Username: wap
Password: wap

But that doesnt work because i guess i have to enter the proxy which is 10.100.98.22

And hence, my dillemma. Any ideas??
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by rantibaby(f): 7:07am On Nov 20, 2007
To activate your Iphone you need to unlock it, I dont know which country you are in right now but the way the iphone is designed it only meant for AT&T customers but right now the thread is taken off and it can be unlocked but once you unlock it you can only use it in that country but never again can you use it here in the United state,
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by nazzyon(m): 7:12am On Nov 20, 2007
Holla,

An APN is a logical label for an Internet profile, it determines what services you are accessing on the operator's network. It determines what kind of IP address will be given to you.

In the case of iPhone what you need is the APN not the direct IP. I use an APN for my phone, Oh and there is no perfect confirmation from a pre-paid user yet. If you are able to configure it after requesting for an APN from your Service Provider please confirm.
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by rantibaby(f): 7:16am On Nov 20, 2007
Actually reverse may be the case in Iphone am an AT&T employee but the only thing I say right now is get the phone unlock and activate thru itune as instructed, guys there is more to it but I advise you go to goggle.com for the latest info on how to use iphone in Nija, though there is a new iphone for Uk users,
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by ccaramel(f): 3:17pm On Dec 01, 2007
abstarr, why do you need gprs on ur iphone, you should be able to connect to a wi-fi network on ur phone. I live in abuja and sell iphones, even if you dont have a wireless network yourself, i have noticed that most areas in abuja have open wifi access. contact me on 08073430966 to configure ur wi-fi. it's free, funmi
I HAVE UNLOCKED IPHONES FOR SALE IN ABUJA!!!! the last of the v1.1.1 firmware.
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by texazzpete(m): 2:46pm On Dec 06, 2007
abstarr:

Help guys. I need to configure my iphone with glo gprs settings. I kno what the settings are, i jus can't find where to configure the bloody proxy server which is 10.100.98.22. HELP!!!!!!

You're actually quite unlucky. Celtel and MTN work easily on the iphone without the proxy crap. At least i'm sure of MTN.
Glo actually needs more work, since you need to enter the proxy. You need to upload a modified preferences.plist file and a proxy.pac file with entries for the Glo proxy.
Sound like greek? it's not THAT hard, took me about 20 mins to get it to work. Let me know if you're comforatble with uploading files to your iphone so i can send you the files. If you aren't then let me know if you're in lagos. I plan to hit there next week, so i can do it for you then.

ccaramel:

abstarr, why do you need gprs on your iphone, you should be able to connect to a wi-fi network on your phone. I live in abuja and sell iphones, even if you don't have a wireless network yourself, i have noticed that most areas in abuja have open wifi access. contact me on 08073430966 to configure your wi-fi. it's free, funmi

Thank God you said 'Most areas in Abuja'. Does the original poster live in abuja?
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by texazzpete(m): 2:49pm On Dec 06, 2007
ccaramel:

now if only you'd just answer your phone when you're called. It's extremely irritating that i've called you thrice now, no answer.
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by logica(m): 9:04pm On Apr 16, 2008
i believe the proxy setting should be ipaddress:port, so in this case it's most likely:

10.100.98.22:8080

i needed the proxy setting 2 make MMS work on the MTN network,
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by funkybaby(f): 7:36am On Apr 17, 2008
Hassles configuring glo settings? shocked
Hassles configuring wi-fi? shocked

**kissing my N95**
grin grin grin grin
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by texazzpete(m): 8:41am On Apr 17, 2008
funkybaby:

**kissing my N95**
grin grin grin grin

Abysmal battery life?

**Kissing my iPhone**

FYI, it's far easier to configure WiFi on an iPhone than any other phone in existence.
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by DualCore1: 10:51am On Apr 17, 2008
***kissing my iNokia***
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by boomtowner: 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2008
Good day
i saw your postings and i want you to help up grade my iphone please asap my number 08029554685,or my wifes number 08033084777 please
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by ztyle(m): 1:17pm On Apr 17, 2008
Guyz contact me for the lastest update on Iphone aka Chinese Phone, wink
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by lungwun(m): 5:14pm On Apr 19, 2008
funkybaby:

**kissing my N95**
grin grin grin grin

men! it is quite unbelieveable that people unashamedly state they are using N95!
poor battery life!
unbelieveably cheap construction!
its just so sad
well! i can smile!
next weekend i will be kissing my iphone
and nokia can kiss where the sun dont shine!
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by funkybaby(f): 5:39pm On Apr 20, 2008
lungwun:

men! it is quite unbelieveable that people unashamedly state they are using N95!
poor battery life!
unbelieveably cheap construction!
its just so sad
well! i can smile!
next weekend i will be kissing my iphone
and nokia can kiss where the sun don't shine!

see this shameless guy oh!
all your mates don dey use iphone since the second quater of last year and you are here saying you are getting your own next week
when iphone is introducing a new set of phones in the next couple of months?
why not wait till then, maybe texazzpete can sell to you his own at ''banjo'' price? huh?
you call 95 cheap construction, hahhahahahha
i can't blame you for your low level of reasoning when
the highest phone you don use for your life na nokia 3310i.
shior !
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by hayprof(m): 5:53pm On Apr 20, 2008
Some people dnt know @ what time of the Day to make such Post. . angry
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by lungwun(m): 12:49pm On Apr 22, 2008
funkybaby:

all your mates don dey use iphone since the second quater of last year and you are here saying you are getting your own next week
when iphone is introducing a new set of phones in the next couple of months?
why not wait till then, maybe texazzpete can sell to you his own at ''banjo'' price? huh?
you call 95 cheap construction, hahhahahahha
i can't blame you for your low level of reasoning when
the highest phone you don use for your life na nokia 3310i.
shior !
its just sooo sad that its obvious you own an N95
and its also sad when i add that i used that phone almost a year ago and you are defending it now.
i was soo dissapointed in the phone that i sold it off (cheap)
lets be real, its not as bulletproof as other nokia phones, its flimsy
and i know deep down within yourself you know this to be true.
well i like your attitude and i am expecting a reply.
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by lungwun(m): 4:11pm On Apr 22, 2008
funkybaby:

i can't blame you for your low level of reasoning
shior !
no wonder you are still single
grin grin grin
please do not vent your sexual frustrations on me
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by funkybaby(f): 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2008
lungwun:

its just sooo sad that its obvious you own an N95
and its also sad when i add that i used that phone almost a year ago and you are defending it now.
i was soo dissapointed in the phone that i sold it off (cheap)
lets be real, its not as bulletproof as other nokia phones, its flimsy
and i know deep down within yourself you know this to be true.
well i like your attitude and i am expecting a reply.

lungwun:

no wonder you are still single
grin grin grin
please do not vent your sexual frustrations on me

@lungwun (even your username sucks)

only if there was a program on nairaland that can alert one when idiots like you are detected, i would have just ignored your posts

my initial post was not directed to you but being the attention seeker that you are, you put in your nose

what has a converstaion regarding iphones and N95 got to do with marital status and sexual frustrations

oponu!!

it only further buttresses the fact that you level of reasoning is in deed very very low.

if case you are suffering from memory loss, you was the one that introduced the word shame in the whole convo

anyway, i cant blame you. like i said earlier, your level of reasoning is low.
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by hayprof(m): 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2008
Shai, She get Mouth* shocked
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by just2nice(m): 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2008
E clear say she be AJ babe!
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by hayprof(m): 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2008
Nah! dude, U shouldn't be so Sure! tongue
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by lungwun(m): 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2008
omo! this babe get submachine gun mouth (or hands)
i think we should look for the source of her anger.

funkybaby:

@lungwun (even your username sucks)
that na the general idea
at least i see you use your head grin grin grin
funkybaby shocked
more like frustratedmadangrybaby grin

and if she no be aj babe e go remain small

p.s at the tone of your reply, i guess i hit the nail onthe head
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by funkybaby(f): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2008
@just2nice and lungwun

Silly boys!

I'm not only an AJ babe but from oju-erin-mushin olosa.

Foolish boys!

@lungwun

You are just plain dumb! Seek for attention from another female. You've already gotten quality attention from me more than you could ever had imagined in that olodo head of yours.
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by hansibone(m): 6:56pm On Apr 25, 2008
@ all

na who dey vex my senorita funky com make una watch una mouth or else, HANSIBONE's anger go fall on una like rain, angry

@mi senorita

no mind dem jo, lik i told baba dual, dem nizzes would wat to flash dere missiles, but d thin is that dey are all lame
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by funkybaby(f): 11:53pm On Apr 25, 2008
@handsomebone
O ma se my dear.

These boys dey try chook them dirty hands inside my month. If i bite them, make them no go crying to seun oh.
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by DualCore1: 11:28am On Apr 26, 2008
hansibone:

@mi senorita

funkybaby:

@handsomebone
O ma se my dear.

hmmm, ma hon is someone else's senorita, cripes!! yikes!!!

***pulls out top drawer and loads the baby up with just one bullet, damn stainless steel!

@funky
umm. . . sweetie, is there a logical explanation i might wonno hear before i pull the trigger? smiley
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by just2nice(m): 11:37am On Apr 26, 2008
@dual core
Na u dey pull the babe?Imagine she callig me a 'silly boy'?Better tell her to watch her mouth or , what happened in 1960 will happen again!
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by DualCore1: 11:47am On Apr 26, 2008
just2nice:

@dual core
Na u dey pull the babe?Imagine she callig me a 'silly boy'?Better tell her to watch her mouth or , what happened in 1960 will happen again!

sorry dude, u musta pissed her off or something, but not to worry, its all taken care of, no guarantee u'll get an apology from her though, but itz all taken care of. grin

just2nice:

@dual core
Na u dey pull the babe?

huh? qu'est-ce que vous dites?
Re: Help: Configure Iphone With Glo Gprs Settings by funkybaby(f): 1:35pm On Apr 26, 2008
@dual core

Jeez! shocked shocked Take it easy boo! Not what you think honestly. Hanisbone was only watching over me. C'mon now, put the gun down, please? ;(

@just2nice
Lmao! Lol. grin grin What happened in 1960?? Naija's independence. Lol. Watch your tongue and i'll watch mine. wink

Dual core, why you dey beg am? Why should he refer to me as AJ babe eh? With all my queen's english, politeness and all? wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out Tecno Droipad 7D Specifications And Price / Instagram Launch Of Twitter Rival ‘threads’ Expected On Thursday / Gtbank Airtime Recharge Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.