Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 (13105 Views)

Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa / Photo:Late General Sani Abacha and MKO Abiola at an event in Lagos in Feb. 1986. / Dolapo Osinbajo With Obafemi & Hannah Awolowo, Her Maternal Grandparents In 1986 (2) (3) (4)

NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by dianah(f): 10:54am On May 28, 2012
PHCN, Our Long Term Joke

I saw this in one of my BB groups, MileHigh Group (and No! its not what you are thinking) and it dawned on me that just like every other failed promises we have been getting , PHCN or NEPA has been a failed project for a very long time! We act like power generation is rocket science!Little wonder why we all think whoever gets us off this perpetual blackout in Nigeria will be a superhero. Obviously none of our leaders, past or present believes in superheroes, so why be something you dont even believe in?

It is amusing the way we keep creating future plans, never thinking the day will come when we have to give account for those promises we make, Our leaders do not even respect us enough to try, neither do they respect themselves enough to keep their own promises. Touche!

I recall a theme song for one of the "failed projects" when I was a kid:

[i]Join us, come with us

We are on our way

Education for all, by the year 2000 ( They never thought 2000 would come that fast.lol)

[/i]What a joke! It is 2012 and our education is still a joke, getting worse by the day. We create visions 2010, 2012, 2015, 2020 and of course no one even believes any of those crappy visions, because nothing is ever put in place!
Back to PHCN, am I the only one who noticed that the bills have doubled and the power supply is less? Can someone please shut down PHCN the way NITEL has been shut down, so we can have private coporations who know what power generation is about do their job? because seriously, whenever I have the misfortune of going to PHCN, It becomes even ,more apparent that they have no clue what they are doing.

PHCN/NEPA has been a long term joke, and no one is laughing anymore, so I guess it is about time we called in a new act, what do you think

www.dianahsplace.info
Twitter:@dianahsplace

Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 28, 2012
1986? Oh my word!!!!!! It has gone from bad to worse, I remembered even when growing up, power supply was a bit constant though not 24hrs.. So pathetic, Fela is indeed a prophet, all his lyrics still manifest in naija till this day.... Naija I hail thee

Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by ifihearam: 3:14pm On May 28, 2012
Foolish people will still put the blame on GEJ
This man inherited problems from 1960.

@op
Nigeria is a failed state in no particular order of the former presidents
I still believe that the only panacea to steady power supply is to first ban the importation of generator sets.
It will surprise you to know that our top leaders are major shareholders in these generator manufactring companies like Mukano.

Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by chuquiz(m): 3:15pm On May 28, 2012
SELL NEPA(PHCN) TO THE CHINESE. TAKE AWAY ANY NIGERIAN FROM THE HELM OF ADMINISTRATION IN THE POWER SECTOR BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN 8 WEEKS ACROSS EVERY TOWN,CITY IN THE FEDERATION.

Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Ejine(m): 3:16pm On May 28, 2012
This Mukina girl is really on drugs. If the other thread deserved to be closed, then what the phuck is it doing on the frontpage?

Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 28, 2012
And to add, for NEPA to give a 1986 deadline, then the report is like 10-15 back, we talking 1971-76... That's over 40 years ago,Pathetic

Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by lifestyle1(m): 3:17pm On May 28, 2012
Unrepentant lairs/scammers....
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 28, 2012
chuquiz: SELL NEPA(PHCN) TO THE CHINESE. TAKE AWAY ANY NIGERIAN FROM THE HELM OF ADMINISTRATION IN THE POWER SECTOR BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN 8 WEEKS ACROSS EVERY TOWN,CITY IN THE FEDERATION.
Am even thinking we need a Chinese President, FEC, governors and local govt chairmen... Maybe that will do the magic..lollz

Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Fhemmmy: 3:18pm On May 28, 2012
26 Years after, Nigeria is still in the dark.
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by DidiLove1: 3:19pm On May 28, 2012
And the situation is not getting any better. SMH.
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by timpaker(m): 3:21pm On May 28, 2012
I've learnt to swallow government's empty promises. Ever since i was a kid, it has always been promises upon promises on government, and i'm yet to see any...
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by chrishenzo: 3:21pm On May 28, 2012
[size=14pt]It is now clear that our politicians are using us to play poker game[/size]
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by vicoloni(m): 3:21pm On May 28, 2012
If i had not developed a thick skin to the numerous woeful stories emanating from every angle in Nigeria, your post would have ruined my day cos it has reinforced my belief that no one should expect anything good from Nigerian politicians either now or in the future.
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Exponental(m): 3:26pm On May 28, 2012
Fhemmmy: 26 Years after, Nigeria is still in the dark.
point of correction........ Nigeria is not in d dark but Nigeria itself is d darkness......in every every!
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Opoki(m): 3:28pm On May 28, 2012
ogbeche77:
Am even thinking we need a Chinese President, FEC, governors and local govt chairmen... Maybe that will do the magic..lollz
all i can do is to laff it off.
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Chinom(m): 3:29pm On May 28, 2012
ifihearam: Foolish people will still put the blame on GEJ
This man inherited problems from 1960.

@op
Nigeria is a failed state in no particular order of the former presidents
I still believe that the only panacea to steady power supply is to first ban the importation of generator sets.
It will surprise you to know that our top leaders are major shareholders in these generator manufactring companies like Mukano.

You're very right, bro. The fools that blame GEJ for the problems of Nigeria are just being mischievious. The blame lies squarely on the shoulders of IBB, OBJ and Shagari. They had the best opportunity to solve most of our problems. Jonathan is on the right track. I believe he, Barth Nnaji, Okonjo-Iweala and Alison Madueke will give us power to a reasonable level. They need another 4 years too. So GEJ must run in 2015. IBB and OBJ deserve to be strangled.
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by OAM4J: 3:30pm On May 28, 2012
Ejiné: This Mukina girl is really on drugs. If the other thread deserved to be closed, then what the phuck is it doing on the frontpage?

How many times are you going to be taught that Nairaland does not allow duplication of threads and where there is a duplicate the newer thread(s) will be locked/linked to the older?

Am sure this is not the 1st time am explaining this to you. Learn and stop making yourself look a dumb cos you are the one that look to be on drugs.
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Fhemmmy: 3:33pm On May 28, 2012
Exponental:
point of correction........ Nigeria is not in d dark but Nigeria itself is d darkness......in every every!

Interesting, One day, we will get it right
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Daytonbale: 3:33pm On May 28, 2012
someone like me i spent 65000 naira monthly to fuel me generator for my business and 780000 yearly it's terrible

Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by velo10: 3:35pm On May 28, 2012
Nigerians have suffered under failed promises. Chei!
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by kaiter: 3:37pm On May 28, 2012
Am sure this is not the 1st time am explaining this to you. Learn and stop making yourself look a dumb cos you are the one that look to be on drugs.[img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by NaijaSwagger: 3:46pm On May 28, 2012
nigeria is a disgrace
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by kilimanjaro(m): 3:48pm On May 28, 2012
Nigeria problem is a tradition
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by mikron(m): 3:48pm On May 28, 2012
The best solution to our epileptic power problem is
(1) Ban the importation of generators
(2) Ban the use of generators in private homes (this includes existing private generators being used in our homes)
(3) Also ban the use of power generating inverters.
Let us all live in total blackout. Let the rich also have a taste of what the poor masses feels. I bet you the Govt ll huriedly push our power generating capacity from this sorry 2,500 mwts to 10 to 15,000 mega-wats, enough to power our homes. That is the only solution.

Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Lagusta(m): 3:56pm On May 28, 2012
mikron: The best solution to our epileptic power problem is
(1) Ban the importation of generators
(2) Ban the use of generators in private homes (this includes existing private generators being used in our homes)
(3) Also ban the use of power generating inverters.
Let us all live in total blackout. Let the rich also have a taste of what the poor masses feels. I bet you the Govt ll huriedly push our power generating capacity from this sorry 2,500 mwts to 10 to 15,000 mega-wats, enough to power our homes. That is the only solution.

sorry bros, but u nd i kno dat its not possible, not in this country.

Someone said GEJ is on the right track, i seriously dont agree. Nothing will cost him to decentralise the power sector, then privatize it, just like what OBJ did to NITEL....
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 28, 2012
The scam didn't just start.
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Chinom(m): 4:20pm On May 28, 2012
Lagusta:

Someone said GEJ is on the right track, i seriously dont agree. Nothing will cost him to decentralise the power sector, then privatize it, just like what OBJ did to NITEL....
Lagusta:

[quote author=Lagusta]

Under which rock do you live in ?. Is'nt that exactly what GEJ is planning to do. PRIVATIZE PHCN. The Road map to stable power supply is anchored on privatisation.
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by iykak47: 4:40pm On May 28, 2012
Is it a curse or are Nigerians the causecry cry cry cry cry
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by aieromon(m): 4:54pm On May 28, 2012
Jonathan met the problem.Kindly tell me what he has done about it.
The scam will continue till we get our acts right and put an end to corruption.
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by chidike(m): 4:56pm On May 28, 2012
i weep for naija sha, seems like naija has been cursed with bad leadership from the get go. And GEj who certainly is not the cause of these problems, ain't doing much. He looks like a tired and clueless old man. Dunno who will lead us to the promise land...but its certainly not all these old cargo that are seeking to be re-elected. #Godhelpnaija
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Dagods(m): 5:03pm On May 28, 2012
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue "NIGERIA"good people,great nation.
Re: NEPA: No More Black- Out 1986 by Fhemmmy: 5:06pm On May 28, 2012
chidike: i weep for naija sha, seems like naija has been cursed with bad leadership from the get go. And GEj who certainly is not the cause of these problems, ain't doing much. He looks like a tired and clueless old man. Dunno who will lead us to the promise land...but its certainly not all these old cargo that are seeking to be re-elected. #Godhelpnaija

Scary statement

Lagos Sued For Proposed N500 Toll On Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge / Sanwo-olu Meets CAN Chairman, Promises To Lift The Poor Out Of Poverty / Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT