Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria - Art, Graphics & Video (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria (20846 Views)

Any 3d Modeling And Animation In Nigeria / Create Photorealistic Interior And Exterior Design In 3d / How Do You Determine Object Scale In 3d Modelling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 03, 2013
You should just take it step-by-step. i.e
-Modelling
-Texturing and lighting
-Rigging and Animating
-Compositing and other effects

It is best to start with a software you can have access to its tutorials, but the basics are the same.
I used 3dmax, c4d and I am currently using blender. They function in almost the same way.For any software you choose, there is a ton of video tutorials available online.
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by PeterReezer: 10:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
@dark sider
I was willing to make a free tutorial on this for 3ds Max user....what do you think...lol.. cheesy

Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by darksider: 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
y u dey laugh. u no get wrk abi? na dat fire wey u render so go burn ur ass. yeye boy
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by PeterReezer: 10:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
@dark sider..........i m still looking for guy that are very good in 3ds max
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 08, 2013
Looking for people who can use a particular software is hard. Try looking for people who can use other softwares to achieve thesame thing e.g modelling, animating, rigging.... Create something in one software, export it to another.... That's a pipeline. Goodluck with your search. smiley
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by PeterReezer: 5:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
@landaski.......which software do you use?
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by darksider: 9:03pm On Mar 08, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 09, 2013
I use Blender, an opensource 3d software. smiley
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by PeterReezer: 3:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
@landaski......i have issues with other software reading my custom bone rigs made in max because they re scripted to make animation easy....all i just need is just 2 persons that knows max very well
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by purplekayc(m): 4:12pm On Mar 09, 2013
velociraptor: that's not d right question. the question u shud b askin is which studio, team or group of people can u learn from. this way u will have a foresight of wot u re jumpin into.
all right so which one should i be learning 4m?
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by velociraptor: 11:04pm On Mar 09, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin wot am sayin is dat make ur research based on studios or groups. am sayin this because, atleast most studios or grp will be doin tangible project and with this u can really learn n c the whole picture of thins that are involved in the industry. most guys have gone astray. not becos of the app they re using but because they re little islands and they will neva do anytin tangible. my studio uses maya as its main 3d app in our production pipeline. any other 3d app cannot fit in into our pipeline from d level of animation upwards. but, at the level of modeling it is still very
possible to wrk with guys wit other 3d apps.
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by chemokopi: 11:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
Hmmm...interesting discussion on this thread. Character animation is really work but people shouldn't underestimate the work that also goes into architectural visualization too, especially when landscape is involved. Selecting materials, setting lighting, doing realistic models is intellectually demanding too, as one has to do a lot of research to get some of these things right.

Anyways, guys check out this video we did. It's a teaser for an upcoming movie titled "The Green Heritage: 87 Marvels from Nigeria". Feedback is appreciated.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=UMzNjVE6aKU
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by chemokopi: 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2013
We made it in Full HD.
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by chemokopi: 11:29pm On Mar 09, 2013
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by velociraptor: 7:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
@chemokopi: gud stuff, very gud stuff.
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
You should look for a script that will allow you to export seemlessly between softwares. I dont know what standard is used but I am pretty sure there is a script out there. Anyway, it sounds easier to find someone who is good at max than learning scripting in python. Good luck smiley
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by velociraptor: 11:52pm On Mar 10, 2013
@landaski
how many studios do u no where 1 guy uses maya n anoda 3ds max and anoda c4d and anoda blender and that they all work under the same production company.
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by chemokopi: 3:35pm On Mar 11, 2013
velociraptor: @chemokopi: gud stuff, very gud stuff.

Thanks man.
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by PeterReezer: 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
@landaski......lol...python?...max is not built with python...but have you tried exporting rigs from blender to other software?....rig up a character and try exporting to max or maya and see what you ll get.
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 12, 2013
@PeterReezer...... I did exportit. Problems arise sometimes and you may have to adjust the inverse kinematics and the weighing of the bones.
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by bolajiwds: 6:17pm On Mar 12, 2013
Please whatever the criticism is surely welcome. Even if you think it wont help, trust me it always help. Thanks so much. I need it to move to the next level.

Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by bolajiwds: 6:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
More coming. Thanks

Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by bolajiwds: 6:22pm On Mar 12, 2013
keep watching please.

Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by bolajiwds: 6:24pm On Mar 12, 2013
Thanks

Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by bolajiwds: 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2013
Please help with your ideas and comments

Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by bolajiwds: 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2013
Thank God.

Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by velociraptor: 7:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
@bolajiwds: it is el fantantisco cool
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by PeterReezer: 9:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
@landaski.......lol....thats just the very little of the problem you ll encounter....even to the lowest level of modelling.....atime you ll get models flipped normal,unexpected triangulation...etc let alone rigging meshes, controlling light setting and many more as you advance to more complicated stuffs......comments alone is not enough to prove my point....anyway hope you understand...
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by PeterReezer: 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
@landaski.......lol....thats just the very little of the problem you ll encounter....even to the lowest level of modelling.....atime you ll get models flipped normal,unexpected triangulation...etc let alone rigging meshes, controlling light setting and many more as you advance to more complicated stuffs......comments alone is not enough to prove my point....anyway hope you understand...men...lol
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by PeterReezer: 10:04pm On Mar 12, 2013
@bolajiwds.......good.....which sofware do you use
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 13, 2013
@Peterreezer, I understand. Thankfully, I only use 1 software and have no immediate plans to join a team. cheesy
Re: Setting Standards In 3d Animation In Nigeria by bolajiwds: 5:17pm On Mar 13, 2013
PeterReezer: @bolajiwds.......good.....which sofware do you use

Thanks PeterReezer, I enjoy lots of work with Photoshop, Boxshot3D, Modo, and Aurora 3D Animation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Video Editing Course + Certification Online / My Nairaland Graphic Design Portfolio / Suptol Designs Portfolio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.