Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray (24137 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Abati Explains Why The president Didn't Say Amen To anti Corruption Prayer / Abati Explains why The President didn't Say Amen To anti-Corruption prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by iluvnaija: 1:21pm On May 28, 2012
Abuja– Spokesperson for President Jonathan Ebele Goodluck, Mr Reuben Abati, has responded to accusations that Jonathan and members of his cabal refused to say amen to at this weekend’s democracy day Church Service when the preacher offered a prayerful curse against corruption amongst public officials.

Speaking to reporters, Mr Abati revealed aspects of protocol that are not widely known outside Government circles, and which would explain why Mr President and ministers didn’t say Amen to the prayer by Most Reverend Peter Akinola, committing corrupt politicians to the court of God.

According to him, it is a long standing presidential protocol that during Church or Mosque services, the President only offers a fixed number of amens or amis, as the case may be.

The Reverend had offered many prayers and demanded many amens prior to the contentious one, Abati explained, the result of which was that the day’s quota of amens had been used up.

“Why?” asked the spokesperson, “would President not say amen to a prayer against corruption?”

He advised preachers, pastors, imams etc, to familiarise themselves with government protocol and to also limit the length of their prayers and sermons.

“It is the same people accusing the President of not saying amen to anti-corruption prayer that would be accusing him of favouritism if he had broken with protocol and said more amens than is allowed by constitution,” Abati said.

-Jowo Mabinu

Source: http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/Reuben-Abati-explains-why-The-President-didnt-say-Amen-to-Anti-Corruption-Prayer

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by blacksta(m): 1:31pm On May 28, 2012
Oya beaf come and interpret

i never understand what this dullard is talking about - I never knew we have protocol not to say amen - for so called christian president.

14 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by blacksta(m): 1:32pm On May 28, 2012
fixed number of Amens

Almighty God may i never reach my quota of amens and blessing you have for me.

gEJ is a corrupt fu ck

29 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by blacksta(m): 1:34pm On May 28, 2012
Amen limits - written in the Nigerian consititution - I hope my eye no dey deceive me

Dullards from top to bottom

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by jmaine: 1:36pm On May 28, 2012
Sheer display of stvpidity of the highest order by my friends here . . .wazobia dey catch their "comic" trips, una dey hear dey pay obeisance to god Beaf as usual . . . .

Beaf come ooh! . .your flocks of worshippers are calling on your name . .please come and grace their presence grin

5 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by ariy(m): 1:42pm On May 28, 2012
his amen has been exhausted, so shall it be

9 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by blacksta(m): 1:59pm On May 28, 2012
ariy: his amen has been exhausted, so shall it be

Amen to that

7 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 28, 2012
How is so so difficult for people to see that this write up from WAZOBIA is just a comical relief. In your bid to criticize ..you just rush to do it without discerning the article....haba!...some N/landers dey fall hands sha!

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by velo10: 2:16pm On May 28, 2012
how credible is this news report?
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 28, 2012
OMG, Wazobia/Nairaland no go kill person today o!
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Sweetlemon(f): 3:24pm On May 28, 2012
Must this guy "explain" everything? does he not know that sometimes, it is better to just keep quiet and allow things die down? na wa o!
www.newsacross.com

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On May 28, 2012
According to him, it is a long standing presidential protocol that during Church or Mosque services, the President only offers a fixed number of amens or amis, as the case may be.

The Reverend had offered many prayers and demanded many amens prior to the contentious one, Abati explained, the result of which was that the day’s quota of amens had been used up.

“Why?” asked the spokesperson, “would President not say amen to a prayer against corruption?”

He advised preachers, pastors, imams etc, to familiarise themselves with government protocol and to also limit the length of their prayers and sermons.

“It is the same people accusing the President of not saying amen to anti-corruption prayer that would be accusing him of favouritism if he had broken with protocol and said more amens than is allowed by constitution,” Abati said.

funny arse story . . .
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by jmaine: 3:32pm On May 28, 2012
Sweetlemon: Must this guy "explain" everything? does he not know that sometimes, it is better to just keep quiet and allow things die down? na wa o!

Am so sure , you are one of those who deeply feel the president is clueless and . . .

May i seek to ask you what degrading adjectives should we deploy to address your ilks here, for seriously falling for this comical post meant only to elicit smiles and laughter . . . but not to be taken serious by intelligent folks

Kind response required . . . grin
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Eziachi: 3:36pm On May 28, 2012
Amen quota has been reached? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
How can you be a Nigerian and suffers from HBP, when there are so many comic reliefs?

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by velo10: 3:42pm On May 28, 2012
We need to colate a list of scam news websites.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by muyoto: 3:44pm On May 28, 2012
very funny
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Daresh(f): 4:25pm On May 28, 2012
Rueben Abati is a bastard. H ethinks we are fools abi?
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Yeske2(m): 4:42pm On May 28, 2012
Don't know how to react to this one o.

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by SisiKill1: 5:16pm On May 28, 2012
Thank you WAZOBIA REPORTS for setting the record straight!! If there is one news agency that gets to the bottom of an issue, it is the good folks at WAZOBIA REPORT. When I was a young girl, I dreamed of working for them but alas. . . ah, that's a story for another day.

Anyway, now that we know why the president didn't say AMEN. . .I think an apology is in order. I am not gonna waste too much time cursing those who cursed the president because they didn't know certain facts.

Honestly, the problem with us is that we are ignorant and getting us to learn is like pulling tooth. These pastors don't know that the President's AMEN are specially ordained from God and since there are many presidents in the world and there are only so many AMENS that can go around. . .a quota system is in place.

A president who finishes his AMENS before his term is over is shite out of luck. So they have to be very very careful what they use their AMENS on. . .I'm sorry but with the state our country is right now, we need all the presidential AMENS we can get. We can't have the president using his AMENS willy nillyingly like that. I know people enjoy hating on GEJ ( I enjoy it too) but not this time. . . I think he did the right thing.

Next time the Pastor (and this goes for all the Pastors, Woli, Alfas, Shepherds, Papas, GOs and Olushos) should learn how prioritize. . .pray the prayers that require strong AMENS from the Presidents first before all the other less important prayer.

7 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 28, 2012

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" -Abraham Lincoln.

4 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by escobar07(m): 6:50pm On May 28, 2012
This explanation weird o. I thought he was going to say that it would be against protocol to say amen. I like this job sha. It lets u knw d president's mind, without him telling u jack. Lol.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by beylinko(m): 7:01pm On May 28, 2012
Clowns
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 28, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wen dem go reach stealing quota?

3 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by inspiredm(m): 7:36pm On May 28, 2012
This is a New one... grin grin grin
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by BabaEleko(m): 7:41pm On May 28, 2012
[size=15pt]If GEJ had said 1 more amen. Nigerian Constitution will just appear from no where on to his face and say **In Siri's voice** "Mr President you have no more available Amen today as you have exhausted your daily allocated amens. Try again tomorrow when you have new amen allocations"[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Oluwadare: 7:45pm On May 28, 2012
When the prayers get going the looters get silent.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by pdpiperpippen: 7:46pm On May 28, 2012
If u blve this u can blve anytin

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by ndahbros1: 7:47pm On May 28, 2012
Daresh: Rueben Abati is a bastard. H ethinks we are fools abi?

He may not have tot so, but by believing dat story, u r advertising and confirming the fact that it is true in ur own case. Now, even I tink so of u.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by gbadexy(m): 7:47pm On May 28, 2012
I dont care for the authentisity of this story.i have been gloomy and devastated all through today,I just had my stress reliefing laugh today.hopefully i havent used up my laugh quota for today.
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by malc619(m): 7:48pm On May 28, 2012
Kai....
"Jolanthan" don suffa 4 una hand ooo
See d way una dey use una presido clean yansh...
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 28, 2012
Where is prophet beaf ? cheesy
Re: Reuben Abati Explains Why The President Didn't Say Amen To Anti Corruption Pray by anishe(m): 7:51pm On May 28, 2012
Nigeria, so unfortunate a country. i thought Reuben Abati has gotten his Ph.D.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola / Atiku Abubakar Receives Ooni Ogunwusi At His Home / Abia Commences Demolition Of Ariaria, Publishes Names Of Affected Persons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.